Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

Smee_Again wrote: »
    It was Gus Papathanasiou, Police Union Chairman, who said that the officer had died. This was reported by WUSA a local News station and picked up by CNN, so CNN didn't break the news.

Media organisations are suppose to source such serious news themselves. They didn't do their homework. Other broadcasters waited.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

This is pretty disappointing level of discourse, vicious and aggressive posting. Similar to the attitude of Trump supporters.

both sides.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

There's only one way to deal with fascists. Only one.

That is the same way to deal with any totalitarian ideology.

everlast75 wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm asking you!

Ffs.

I'm bringing this discussion back to Trump, you know, like in the title.

Ps - they should impeach them again.

Well there is a lot of issues to discuss. It keeps it interesting.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

****ing idiots don't need any help making any case.

When facts don't matter to people, there is no point in engaging with them.

Same idiots will sit there all day listening to Seth Rich conspiracies and believe that Trump's inauguration crowd was huge.

**** 'em.

Anyway, impeach trump again.

Case in point - the Q Anon freaks now think Ashley whatsherface is actually secretly alive.

• Advertisement

Yeah, I agree

Media organisations are suppose to source such serious news themselves. They didn't do their homework. Other broadcasters waited.

This is incoherent.

seamus wrote: »
    This is two for two this week. The exact same thing happened with that actress from That 70's Show.

Part of the issue is the insatiable need for reporters to be first. They have their sources inside a hospital (or a police force) who will tell them that someone is dead or practically dead and rather than wait for confirmation, they take the risk of running with the story in the hope that they're first.

in the case of the actress it was her husband who said she was dead.

This is incoherent.

How so?

CNN jumped the gun without verifying facts. Not a surprise given their recent history.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Precisely, and as we have seen in the last few days, a whole lot of Trump supporters are very much in favour of this, as are several Republican politicians who joined in on the act of terrorism. Something should be done about them, and it looks like lengthy jail terms may be on the cards. FBI do not appear to be f***ing around here.

https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/violence-at-the-united-states-capitol-3
    https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/violence-at-the-united-states-capitol-4
    https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/violence-at-the-united-states-capitol
    https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/seeking-info/violence-at-the-united-states-capitol-2

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,827 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Well there is a lot of issues to discuss. It keeps it interesting.

You could of course start a thread on CNN and dicuss their credibility in that arena, but you'd probably be unsuccessful in trying to distract that trump organised and incited a riot and should be impeached for it which is what you're trying to do here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭briany

The only good impeaching Trump would do at this stage would be just a formal declaration that his nonsense isn't tolerated. But if you really want to go after Trump, there is plenty of evidence to get him on after he's out of office and no longer as protected, including being on tape asking for voter fraud be committed on his behalf.

Precisely, and as we have seen in the last few days, a whole lot of Trump supporters are very much in favour of this, as are several Republican politicians who joined in on the act of terrorism. Something should be done about them, and it looks like lengthy jail terms may be on the cards.

I would hope so.

Undoubtedly they will face federal criminal proceedings which will lead to harsh sentences.

How so?

CNN jumped the gun without verifying facts. Not a surprise given their recent history.

News arose from an officially titled source with the wherewithal to know, they reported the news. The problem a second ago was that they were wrong, but now the problem is that they weren't falsely reporting he was alive?

The mistake was by the guy who announced it. It happens all the time in unfolding incidents.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

Yes, I hope we can all acknowledge that the biggest issue relating to a policeman being murdered by pro-Trump protestors is that some news networks prematurely reported his death. THAT is what is most concerning.

You could of course start a thread on CNN and dicuss their credibility in that arena, but you'd probably be unsuccessful in trying to distract that trump organised and incited a riot and should be impeached for it which is what you're trying to do here.

Given that so many on here are getting their news from America off CNN, and given that CNN has self identified as the Trump channel, their output is particularly relevant to any discussion on Trump.

briany wrote: »
    The only good impeaching Trump would do at this stage would be just a formal declaration that his nonsense isn't tolerated. But if you really want to go after Trump, there is plenty of evidence to get him on after he's out of office and no longer as protected, including being on tape asking for voter fraud be committed on his behalf.

They are not mutually exclusive

Given that so many on here are getting their news from America off CNN, and given that CNN has self identified as the Trump channel, their output is particularly relevant to any discussion on Trump.

are they?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

They did, they cited 2 other sources as well.

• Advertisement

If you were banging on for years about Fox being a regurgitation of utter nonsense, I'd perhaps listen to you.

If I raise the fact that Fox is garbage, you'll do the whole false equivalency thing, and round and round we go.

Research shows that CNN is a more reliable source than Fox, so I'm not getting into it with you or anyone else.

Networks can make mistakes, but I don't need the prism of any news network to see what happened here.

Trump organised and incited a riot where people died.

The fact is he should be impeached and convincted.

are they?

Seems that way to me. If Twitter and boards are anything to go by.

I believe a CNN reporter is going to appear on the LLS tonight!

Impeaching could remove his capacity to lay down pardons for any more convicted traitors, point blank child murdering war criminals, or family members. It could also prevent him from running or fundraising to run again.

If you were banging on for years about Fox being a regurgitation of utter nonsense, I'd perhaps listen to you.

If I raise the fact that Fox is garbage, you'll do the whole false equivalency thing, and round and round we go.

Research shows that CNN is a more reliable source than Fox, so I'm not getting into it with you or anyone else.

Networks can make mistakes, but I don't need the prism of any news network to see what happened here.

Trump organised and incited a riot where people died.

The fact is he should be impeached and convincted.

something that hotmail.com has overlooked is that while CNN made a mistake, and every news source does, they also admitted that mistake as soon as they were aware of it and made a retraction. that is the action of a reputable news source

as others have said a proper impeachment, i.e. conviction in the senate, has real and serious consequences for trump. it also doesn't preclude the indictment on charges after he is finished as president.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

[QUOTE=briany;115848688]The only good impeaching Trump would do at this stage would be just a formal declaration that his nonsense isn't tolerated. But if you really want to go after Trump, there is plenty of evidence to get him on after he's out of office and no longer as protected, including being on tape asking for voter fraud be committed on his behalf.[/QUOTE]

I actually think he needs to be impeached now with immediately effect to disarm him from doing anything out of spite before he goes. With only a couple weeks left there's little reason for him to be wielding any power now anyway.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Seems that way to me. If Twitter and boards are anything to go by.

I believe a CNN reporter is going to appear on the LLS tonight!

I'm going to assume that said reporter will be Donie O'Sullivan.

His appearance on the LLS might have more to do with the fact that he's from Cahirsiveen rather than his specific employer...

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I'm going to assume that said reporter will be Donie O'Sullivan.

His appearance on the LLS might have more to do with the fact that he's from Cahirsiveen rather than his specific employer...

yeah imagine the Late Late interviewing an irish man that was in the middle of the biggest story of week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,460 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I think reporting someone's death when they haven't died at a time of such tension is a pretty serious error. It's almost as if they jumped to get the news out for ratings.

It helps the Trump supporters in their case of fake news.

It happens with multiple news sources many times, here's a recent example

https://www.kwqc.com/2021/01/05/reports-actor-tanya-roberts-dies-at-65-after-mistaken-announcement-of-death/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement