Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,599 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Tony EH wrote: »
    Well, I wouldn't go that far Overheal.

In fairness, if they had acted in a more heavy handed fashion, it could have been a bloodbath. I don't think anyone would want to see that.

Besides once they were in the building, they really hadn't a clue what to do with themselves. I don't think anybody had thought things through.

Cops removed barriers and waved people to the building? https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/ksolcp/capital_police_waving_people_in_past_the_gates/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

The woman who died and a dozen others were smashing into that door and police on the assault side of the door just basically seemed to stand down and walked away as it happened and left the defending side to use lethal force.

Watch screen #2, I don’t think it’s crazy to think they were complicit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/ksgvin/hes_got_a_gun_synced_videos_showing_woman_not/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Remember when Trump called ex and current armed forces members suckers and losers?

Wasnt that just a statement by an anonymous Whitehouse "insiders", So as usual no proof he actually said it.

On to another point.
    As far as the protestors go and it is unfortunate there was any violence as that always needs to be condemned but at least they seemed to be mostly peaceful protests, When I first saw some of the footage it seemed like the whole thing was chaos but infact most of it was like the video below, More like an occupy protest than anything else.

If this had been a BLM/Antifa protest all those statues would have been pulled down and based on their usual MO the place would have be set on fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Overheal wrote: »

Doesn't look good but it's possible the cop in that clip is encouraging another cop to hurry up.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭yagan

Overheal wrote: »
    Even the pigeons were calling it a coup.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So you would suggest that a person with no mental health issues that is radicalized into a suicide bombing isn't suffering from mental health issues at the time they decide to carry out and ultimately do carry out the bombing?

No i would not agree whatsoever.

Mainly due in part to the strength of radicalization, indoctrination, and in the social media world, the strength of the bubble created by those platforms by the algorithms
    For example you tube will say 'oh you like this jihadist, then maybe you'll like this one', and that's not discounting the proliferation of the Sinclair network that has overtaken local news in the states.

Have a watch, if you haven't already, of The Social Dilemma on netfix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Wasnt that just a statement by an anonymous Whitehouse "insiders", So as usual no proof he actually said it.

On to another point.
    As far as the protestors go and it is unfortunate there was any violence as that always needs to be condemned but at least they seemed to be mostly peaceful protests, When I first saw some of the footage it seemed like the whole thing was chaos but infact most of it was like the video below, More like an occupy protest than anything else.

If this had been a BLM/Antifa protest all those statues would have been pulled down and based on their usual MO the place would have be set on fire.

If this had been BLM there wouldn't have been bombs.

Is it standard practice to bring bombs to a peaceful protest?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

On to another point.

have you decided to ignore all the other videos available that show protestors breaking windows, thrashing offices and stealing a lecturn?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

sydthebeat wrote: »
    He already has found a party that love him.

The Nazi party

Yes. Sort-of-lol. You and I know how far Adolf's brand carried.

Of the 80 million Trumpites out there, few are ready to throw their MAGA hats away. As much as I think the institutional
    checks are robust, there are a lot of yahoos on the run in the US, and guns are
    a preferred method of ending a conversation, even when they are just invoked.

Chump's brand name sticks, and he can survive this if he isn't impeached or found criminally responsible for a number of things. The divide is really great between the Left and Right, and they follow their instincts to the bitter end.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,383 ✭✭✭Acosta

If it had been a BLM protest they wouldn't have been near the place. They would have been half a kilometre back or however far away people are meant to be from the capital, probably getting run at by cops with batons and being pepper sprayed.

There were two distinct calibres there, and a middle ground of Q Anon crackpots.

The Walking Dead, wandering around with flags and no masks, just delighted for a day out to own the libs -

https://twitter.com/1BrayWoods/status/1346929792784887808

And a visibly more purposeful paramilitary element that had distinct objectives, clear preparation for hostage taking, and far more organisation -

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1347279463088844800

The first benefitted from the extraordinarily ineffective or even collaborative Capitol Police, one of whom was seen giving directions to Chuck Schumer's office.

But there are several reports the latter attackers had particular offices in mind and knew exactly where to find them; they very much had an organised and communicated plan.

Do you have a link to this video giving directions to a named senators office?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,826 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭yagan

Acosta wrote: »
    If it had been a BLM protest they wouldn't have been near the place. They would have been half a kilometre back or however far away people are meant to be from the capital, probably getting run at by cops with batons and being pepper sprayed.
    As shocking as the attempt seeing them being allowed to casually walk out again is far more shocking. At that says is that a significant amount of people in law and order and the military tacitly approved an attempt and most likely they'd stand aside again.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,896 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

yagan wrote: »
    Even the pigeons were calling it a coup.

No no.

They were calling it a coop

That's their gaff. Some live up in the rafters under the roof

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭briany

Doubts have been raised whether a violent subset of a BLM/Antifa group would have been allowed to get into the Capitol building at all.

Besides, in my view a key difference between the American far-right and far-left is that the far-left may want to burn the whole establishment down and start again, whereas, the far-right want the establishment reformed in their image, and they see old statues of statesmen as being something they want to preside in front of rather than destroy. What they want to physically destroy is Chuck Schumer and Nancy Pelosi and all those Republicans they see as traitorous, and they would have done that if they had been allowed to get within reaching distance on Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

duploelabs wrote: »

Mainly due in part to the strength of radicalization, indoctrination, and in the social media world, the strength of the bubble created by those platforms by the algorithms
    For example you tube will say 'oh you like this jihadist, then maybe you'll like this one', and that's not discounting the proliferation of the Sinclair network that has overtaken local news in the states.

If you are actively suicidal for whatever reason you are deemed to be psychiatrically unwell.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

something that hotmail.com has overlooked is that while CNN made a mistake, and every news source does, they also admitted that mistake as soon as they were aware of it and made a retraction. that is the action of a reputable news source

I didn't overlook that, one of my posts said that.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

jamule wrote: »
    jaysus lads can you stop feeding this clown. His counting is Trumpesque

So more than 300 people entered the building?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

On to another point.

If it had been a BLM protest, none of them would have made it past the steps, much less scaled the walls and pushed their way through broken doors and windows. The MAGA mob were treated like tourists in a time share they partly owned.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,826 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

valoren wrote: »
    "Benedict Pence is Judas. Mitt Pence. Mike McCain. Weasel. Weakling. Quitter. Coward. Democrats' new bitch. He's not 1/100th the man Donald Trump is. He should sign up for a free Obamacare sex change. The conservative right in America needed him to step up and fight with the President. Instead he backed down, put his tail between his legs and slithered off to hide under a rock and lick his own pussy. I don't ever want to see his face again"

A disturbing insight into what a radicalised Trump supporter thinks about Pence.

Actually a real person

https://twitter.com/KaitMarieox/status/1347380108559060992

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

rossie1977 wrote: »

Better than Lincoln. Of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

valoren wrote: »
    "Benedict Pence is Judas. Mitt Pence. Mike McCain. Weasel. Weakling. Quitter. Coward. Democrats' new bitch. He's not 1/100th the man Donald Trump is. He should sign up for a free Obamacare sex change. The conservative right in America needed him to step up and fight with the President. Instead he backed down, put his tail between his legs and slithered off to hide under a rock and lick his own pussy. I don't ever want to see his face again"

A disturbing insight into what a radicalised Trump supporter thinks about Pence.
    Most of these people are lunatics.

But some are genuinely deranged. Given Trumps speech today that was clearly written for him and read in protest, it won't be long until there's a belief that the deep state has "gotten to" Trump. That's either by coercion, or by removing and replacing him with a lookalike. Which for some could lead them to believe that Trump has to be removed for the good of QAnon.

Remember that for them there is no limit to what they will invent to protect their belief.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

It still baffles me on a daily basis the adoration that those people hold Trump in.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

If this had been BLM there wouldn't have been bombs.

Is it standard practice to bring bombs to a peaceful protest?

Why wouldnt there be? They have used Molotov cocktails before and so dont seem avert to explosives.

have you decided to ignore all the other videos available that show protestors breaking windows, thrashing offices and stealing a lecturn?

As I said already in my post "When I first saw some of the footage it seemed like the whole thing was chaos" You are sort of making my point for me that most of the footage being shown is the breaking window clips and such but not as much footage of what the rest of the majority of the protestors were doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

If you are actively suicidal for whatever reason you are deemed to be psychiatrically unwell.

So 'dying for your country' (as termed by the military) isn't actively suicidal?!?!?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,046 ✭✭✭✭briany

It still baffles me on a daily basis the adoration that those people hold Trump in.

The 2007 sci-fi movie 'The Signal' comes to mind, as well as the more recent Birdbox. People suffering a mass delusion/psychosis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

For potentially criminal speech, certainly an individual would find it hard to identify anonymous/pseudonymous individuals but not necessarily law enforcement.

From a defamation point of view, it's actually quite easy to get a court order (at least from my experience in CA) to compel intermediaries and/or hosts to disclose ISPs and thereafter for ISPs to identify the lessor of the ISP once a John/Jane Doe defamation case is brought.

Absolutely. Law breaking speech is unlikely to be protected and so anonymity can be overturned. But general anonymity (particularly for criticising the government) is well protected.

On to another point.

Deny! Deflect! Distract!

Doesn't look good but it's possible the cop in that clip is encouraging another cop to hurry up.

Shhhhhuuuuuuuuuuuuuuure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

duploelabs wrote: »

Yet you have failed to provide your definition, so I can only assume it's one from that Netflix film which I'm not going to watch right now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement