Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,602 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wow! That's absolutely disgraceful!

It certainly should be a nail in the coffin for Trumps but I'm really cynical after this week; we will be saying "I can't believe it didn't end right there" in 4 years, just like we're still amazed it didn't end with the mocking of a disabled reporter.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

I for one was hugely shocked to see the Capitol breached. Did anyone on here expect that?

A bit of trouble, a few scuffles between protestors and counter-protestors. Protestors harassing random innocent civilians. Maybe the next level of some cars being burned or some stores being attacked.

Maybe others did predict the direct attack of the Capitol or other Federal buildings and they can point us to their posts on the thread doing so.

Seems the problem here was that they didn't get distracted looting runners in the nearest Footlocker like BLM/Antifa did.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,826 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Seems the problem here was that they didn't get distracted looting runners in the nearest Footlocker like BLM/Antifa did.

Where is the evidence for that rant?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

tenor.gif

Comparing Nike shoes to members of congress?

v91v0bxlrt961.jpg

Think about who they wanted to kidnap here. What they planned to do when they had them zip-cuffed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

What has that got to do with the point?

There was fairly serious trouble for a few days/night in lots of cities around the US during those protests which were linked to the same underlying issues. Nowhere did I mention who caused the trouble or who was to blame. Just that there was trouble, and then there was a publicised movement to protest the same issues in DC.

If Trumpers have a call to protest on the Mall tomorrow, you can bet that there will be armed security and police everywhere.

If climate change activists want to bring a protest to DC next week, I wouldn't expect the National Guard to be in rows on the steps of the Lincoln memorial.

But if there are climate change riots in Chicago and Detroit and Houston and Atlanta every night over the weekend, and then there is a call to protest on the Mall on Wednesday for the same issue, I would expect to see a large presence.

So your point is that the DoJ knew that the alt-right were the majority reason for violent clashes with BLM protestors in various cities, had been riled up by the President and were known to be marching to Capitol Hill because of an election that they believe was rigged and... nothing was going to happen, so fuggedahboutit?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,471 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Overheal wrote: »
    I even thought they were just going to blow foghorns and scream through the windows and die mad pounding sand.

I as an American thought naively that if you tried to violently smash into a joint session of congress that you'd be shot.
    Not if you are white

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,747 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I for one was hugely shocked to see the Capitol breached. Did anyone on here expect that?

A bit of trouble, a few scuffles between protestors and counter-protestors. Protestors harassing random innocent civilians. Maybe the next level of some cars being burned or some stores being attacked.

Maybe others did predict the direct attack of the Capitol or other Federal buildings and they can point us to their posts on the thread doing so.

What difference does it make whether or not the extent of the protest was predicted accurately on here?

It's been clear for months that Trump has been inciting this type of behaviour and on Wednesday he literally implored them to do something about what was going on in Congress with the counting of the electoral votes and he told his supporters that he would walk to congress with them. Then he fcuked off, and they went and tried to do his bidding.

That's the story. That's it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭briany

everlast75 wrote: »

Trump: Go down to the Capitol building and intimidate everyone inside.

Twitter: One day ban for you, young man!

• Advertisement

Not if you are white
    I'm white, I live in America half the year (obviously not last year with the pandemic and all, but still)... I wouldn't try that **** at the DMV.

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bocaman

maebee wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been posted before. I just saw it for the first time. Unfrigginbelievable. I'm lost for words:-

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6LO01jb9x8I&ab_channel=OnDemandNews

Trump, his inner circle and rancid family knew what was taking place. They were hoping for a complete capitulation and Trump could walk into another four years.

briany wrote: »
    Trump: Go down to the Capitol building and intimidate everyone inside.

Twitter: One day ban for you, young man!
    Correction: half-day ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Mayor of DC had already asked the Pentagon in advance for national guard help in the days leading up to protests.

You already had trial run few weeks earlier let's not forget https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/four-stabbed-one-shot-as-trump-supporters-protest-in-washington-1.4435506

I'm telling you, and been telling you, THIS is WHY he needs to be IMPEACHED. Stop this movement. Cut the head off the snake. He will campaign for the next 4 years non stop.

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1347555316863553542?s=20

bocaman wrote: »
    Trump, his inner circle and rancid family knew what was taking place. They were hoping for a complete capitulation and Trump could walk into another four years.

Well then they're completely deluded.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,896 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

rossie1977 wrote: »
    White House went into lockdown first day of BLM protests in DC, May 29th.

Not sure of your point. The photo is of the Lincoln Memorial. It is about 1km from the Whitehouse and would normally have very sparse security and potentially be a target.

The Whitehouse is generally locked down very quickly whenever there is a potential threat.

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Mayor of DC had already asked the Pentagon in advance for national guard help in the days leading up to protests.

You already had trial run few weeks earlier let's not forget https://www.irishtimes.com/news/world/us/four-stabbed-one-shot-as-trump-supporters-protest-in-washington-1.4435506

More aptly DC Mayor requested the narrow soft-glove approach, according to WaPo, and the Pentagon fulfilled their request in Jan 4/5 memos.

It does still not explain the apparent complicity of many of the capitol police seen in footage.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

everlast75 wrote: »

Didn't take him long to start ranting and raving once more on Twitter.

I'm telling you, and been telling you, THIS is WHY he needs to be IMPEACHED. Stop this movement. Cut the head off the snake. He will campaign for the next 4 years non stop.

His morning feed...

ErOCy5LXUAE6GB7?format=jpg&name=large

• Advertisement

Comparing Nike shoes to members of congress?

Think about who they wanted to kidnap here. What they planned to do when they had them zip-cuffed.

At least one of the people in that picture has been identified as a long time member of the military who retired from it at an officer level.

They're bringing a unique set of skills to this. I bet they watched Rambo at Christmas in full camo gear and pulled the front off themselves imagining they were the disenfranchised former marine who was fighting back against an errant government.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

They're worried about what the future of the country looks like cos their daddy has brainwashed them into thinking America will become some commie wastleland as soon as Biden becomes president

Yesterday when he released the video, people said, just wait, he'll undo everything he has just said in a matter of hours.

Cue this tweet............

• Registered Users Posts: 19,826 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

His morning feed...

ErOCy5LXUAE6GB7?format=jpg&name=large

And who made them scared?

And who bullsh1tted them that he had won?

There's only one person responsible here

Trump obviously needed a day to repair his ego and rationalise the events of Wednesday that makes him feel like a grand American hero with no culpability whatsoever. And now he's back on Twitter and ready to spew as much bile as ever. Cutting the head off the snake looks like the only way to go. Let him find out the hard way that they don't let you tweet from jail.

At least one of the people in that picture has been identified as a long time member of the military who retired from it at an officer level.

They're bringing a unique set of skills to this. I bet they watched Rambo at Christmas in full camo gear and pulled the front off themselves imagining they were the disenfranchised former marine who was fighting back against an errant government.

Guantanamo would be too good for them. They are enemy combatants. Treat them like it.

"MAGA Insurrectionists deposit DNA evidence"

• No, but there was a representative speaking yesterday and one of his staffers had witnessed people urinating in hallways and offices.

• Advertisement

"MAGA Insurrectionists deposit DNA evidence"

I'm paraphrasing but...

"When [MAGA] sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending you. They’re not sending you. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us." - Donald Trump c. 2015

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement