Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The trump supporters are very silent atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,826 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/jimbourg/status/1347559078831284227?s=19

Pence is showing considerable restraint not throwing Trump's sizeable fake tanned arse under the proverbial bus...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,896 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

So your point is that the DoJ knew that the alt-right were the majority reason for violent clashes with BLM protestors in various cities, had been riled up by the President and were known to be marching to Capitol Hill because of an election that they believe was rigged and... nothing was going to happen, so fuggedahboutit?

No. Not sure how you are getting that from that. As I was clear, I never mentioned who was and wasn't responsible for trouble. Just that there was trouble. The people who caused trouble in Chicago/Detroit/Orlando/etc. could have also caused trouble in DC.

Quite a simple point really. There was a protest in DC that ended up in a disgraceful and shocking over-running of the Capitol building. I did not expect it. I presume that most people did not expect it.

Trying to make some nonsensical point by publishing a photo of National Guard on the steps of a monument after there had been night after night of already violent protests is irrelevant and a false equivalence.

There are frequent protests in DC. Probably every day there is at least one small one. The people in charge of security misjudged this one. That's hindsight now though. There have been plenty of other pro-Trump protests there since Nov. You didn't hear about them because the trouble wasn't enough to make international news for long.

Do you want the National Guard rolled out for every single one?

It's tiring to have people trying to twist things to virtue signal.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,221 ✭✭✭✭Larbre34

If I were an American, the only thing that would be making me angry today, is the cowardice of other law makers and appointed members of the executive. Not one bit of conviction between them.

All this talk of the final nail in the coffin and all that is just beyond pathetic. There are 12 ****ing days left in his term, you hollow bunch of cowards and sweaty palmed milquetoasts. Where were you a year ago, two years ago? Don't worry, I know the answer already, saving your sorry hides over the integrity of the Constitution and the rule of law in the United States.

Does it not occur to anyone that Trump only addressed his supporters since the election in a manner of a man who knew he had nothing left to lose? That speech last night was because someone like Giuliani said 'Hey boss, we may have gone a wee bit far, better walk it back or the Feds will lift us all on 20th Jan.'

The real indicator here is, imagine if Barack Obama had gone rogue, in say his second term, and done exactly what Trump has done in the last few years. My question is, how long would Obama already be in Federal prison for by now, with 12 days left in his term?

The whole thing is an indelible stain showing the grimy mercantile nature of the two party system at all levels in America.

PS, that plastic riot shields could break the windows of the Capitol building like sugar glass was one of the most jaw dropping things I've seen in a long while.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,602 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

everlast75 wrote: »

Pence is showing considerable restraint not throwing Trump's sizeable fake tanned arse under the proverbial bus...

Because behind the scenes Trump has been screaming about his own deniability for 2 days.

"Smeagol didn't do it!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

More concern for plaster monoliths which were in no danger than fascists trying to obstruct democracy. Conservatism in a nutshell.

Seriously, what is the hard on right wingers/Trump apologists have for statues?

They were losing their minds about them and any buildings being damaged over the summer and I've seen several posters here try to play down the incident this week due to how safe the statues were, basically ignoring the destruction to the buildings, attacks and the murder of police officers

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

As are the many posters who spent 2020 obsessing over riots and violence, especially against police. I don't think I've seen one single one of them comment yet.

Edit: oh wait no, it seems some of them have found their voices and are desperate to deflect and defend this.

• everlast75 wrote: »

Wasn't there a platform with a noose outside?

Or was I seeing things. I'm still absolutely astounded by the whole thing. It was off the Richter scale in terms of mayhem.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,943 ✭✭✭randd1

Give it time, they'll find their voice again. Paranoid, deluded, conspiracy theory driven idiocy in devoted thrall to a narcissistic demagogue doesn't tend to stay quiet for long.

Enjoy the peace before they open their mouths and pollute your ears and sanity again.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Seriously, what is the hard on right wingers/Trump apologists have for statues?

They were losing their minds about them and any buildings being damaged over the summer and I've seen several posters here try to play down the incident this week due to how safe the statues were, basically ignoring the destruction to the buildings, attacks and the murder of police officers

It's not even accurate. Busts and other items were stolen or destroyed. a bookshelf full of antique history books about womens rights, ransacked. John Lewis commemorative bust, stolen/destroyed.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/jackbrewster/2021/01/06/signs-podiums-tv-equipment-trump-supporters-loot-and-destroy-during-capitol-hill-takeover/?sh=3d77c7e81d7c

They don't have a hard-on for statues, they have a hard-on for their statues.

• Advertisement

I would just like to point out once again that the unit you saw guarding everything in DC five troops deep during anti police brutality protests this summer - but was nowhere to be found during a coup attempt - and the one you've seen in every compare and contrast montage about the disparity of response was actually the dead attacker's former one.

And this police incompetence/collusion got several of their own severely injured and one killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Or was I seeing things. I'm still absolutely astounded by the whole thing. It was off the Richter scale in terms of mayhem.

There was, but it was so badly built it gave me a tumour.

I'll say it again
    Sufficient steps need to be taken involving trump to make sure there is no repeat, or worse, on the idiots' next day out in D.C.

As are the many posters who spent 2020 obsessing over riots and violence, especially against police. I don't think I've seen one single one of them comment yet.

Edit: oh wait no, it seems some of them have found their voices and are desperate to deflect and defend this.

Seriously. I'd have expected the entire echo chamber from the BLM/WLM and Antifa threads to be in here decrying the violence against police.

Not a single electron from them in sight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

If this had been a BLM/Antifa protest all those statues would have been pulled down and based on their usual MO the place would have be set on fire.

Thankfully with the MAGA crowd, they only looted, vandalized and tried to bomb the place as well as both parties HQs around the corner.

• There was, but it was so badly built it gave me a tumour.

Probably doesn't need to be too well built to inflict damage.

Here we had very low IQ brainwashed individuals devoid of reality and no understanding of consequences.

Dangerous as ****.

Thankfully with the MAGA crowd, they only looted, vandalized and tried to bomb the place as well as both parties HQs around the corner.

The Cannon bldg and the other are tied to the Capitol by tunnel/hall. One of those halls is where that stupid terrorist bitch was shot at.

If they had made it into that hall, if you watch the video, the only thing between them and lawmakers was their office doors.

I cannot stress enough how close we came to watching a massacre and global hostage crisis.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,032 ✭✭✭Christy42

No. Not sure how you are getting that from that. As I was clear, I never mentioned who was and wasn't responsible for trouble. Just that there was trouble. The people who caused trouble in Chicago/Detroit/Orlando/etc. could have also caused trouble in DC.

Quite a simple point really. There was a protest in DC that ended up in a disgraceful and shocking over-running of the Capitol building. I did not expect it. I presume that most people did not expect it.

Trying to make some nonsensical point by publishing a photo of National Guard on the steps of a monument after there had been night after night of already violent protests is irrelevant and a false equivalence.

There are frequent protests in DC. Probably every day there is at least one small one. The people in charge of security misjudged this one. That's hindsight now though. There have been plenty of other pro-Trump protests there since Nov. You didn't hear about them because the trouble wasn't enough to make international news for long.

People flagged this as an issue a month ago. There has been a load of online conversations of going armed, rebellion and flat out murder.

Many people flagged this as the big day when the last hope the Trumpers had would get shattered. Many of them have said that violence was going to be their last option. This was all flagged well ahead of time that this had a strong odds of getting violent including on here. That their main targets would be the senate and house was also frequently mentioned on pro Trump message boards.

I am sure many did not see this coming. However I can't imagine security services are not heavily monitering those websites.

The main surprise is that security was so badly prepared for it.

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Don't disagree on that point - There are definitely people with mental health issues involved , but not all and not a majority by any means.

There is also a strong connection between devout religious adherence and the willingness to accept unfounded conspiracy theories etc.

When you've spent your entire life being told that the answer to any challenging or complex question is "Because it's Gods will" of course you are more likely to accept things without evidence.

That's how you've be trained all your life!

What is also missing is the pure racism and hatred of anyone 'different' - it is what has driven supporters of Trump and the GOP for years

There was, but it was so badly built it gave me a tumour.

Engineer here, as dumb as it may have looked, it was completely functional. Just add a stool and a victim and you're off to the races.

• Advertisement

Christy42 wrote: »
    People flagged this as an issue a month ago. There has been a load of online conversations of going armed, rebellion and flat out murder.

Many people flagged this as the big day when the last hope the Trumpers had would get shattered. Many of them have said that violence was going to be their last option. This was all flagged well ahead of time that this had a strong odds of getting violent including on here. That their main targets would be the senate and house was also frequently mentioned on pro Trump message boards.

I am sure many did not see this coming. However I can't imagine security services are not heavily monitering those websites.

The main surprise is that security was so badly prepared for it.

It shocks me, because everything we have learned about the Pentagon in the last 20 years has conditioned us to accept that if you start talking about murdering the vice president online, that on some clerks desk in Langley they get notified about it.

Nobody can say the signals were not there. Who was processing them. How much interference rests on Trump's DOD appointees?

At least one of the people in that picture has been identified as a long time member of the military who retired from it at an officer level.

They're bringing a unique set of skills to this. I bet they watched Rambo at Christmas in full camo gear and pulled the front off themselves imagining they were the disenfranchised former marine who was fighting back against an errant government.

A DC police officer said that offduty police and military that were part of the mob were flashing their badges to get by check points (they were not undercover).

https://twitter.com/GSarafan/status/1347347678405996544?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭bocaman

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Overheal wrote: »
    Pete has been offline for 2 months. Wondered what happened to him.
    ErLF41hXYAECtU8?format=jpg&name=large

*kidding

• Registered Users Posts: 28,515 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Just typical him. Proabably just as well though, don't think Joe wants him there.

I think the inauguration might be a small indoor event this year as Biden cares about Covid and it will help security too.

• Registered Users Posts: 56,497 ✭✭✭✭walshb

A despicable human being....

America is a basket case......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

never has the chrome plugin for Trumps tweets been more relevant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

You didn't mention it, but it's still relevant because...
    Literally everyone expected it other than, apparently, the DoJ. Trump not only expected it, he incited it.
    Sorry your point was that there was violence in other protests that BLM were present at; this violence involved the alt-right on the vast majority if not all occasions; therefore the DoJ was correct to assume that there would be violence at the BLM DC protest... because they knew alt-right would be there?

Therefore, we knew for weeks (because the President incited it) that the alt-right were going to "march down the Mall" or whatever but that the DoJ couldn't possibly have been aware that there would be violence?

I'm not going to bother responding to this aspect, it's so disingenuous it doesn't deserve a response.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement