Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

murpho999 wrote: »
    Just typical him. Proabably just as well though, don't think Joe wants him there.

I think the inauguration might be a small indoor event this year as Biden cares about Covid and it will help security too.

He was probably told due to covid restrictions it was being limited to close family and friends ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Overheal wrote: »
    Engineer here, as dumb as it may have looked, it was completely functional. Just add a stool and a victim and you're off to the races.

Functional, maybe, but it hurt my eyes to look at it.

210106-capitol-noose-ew-441p_e1870ce4f6cfae6eff418bff1906fdd9.fit-560w.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Seriously, what is the hard on right wingers/Trump apologists have for statues?

They were losing their minds about them and any buildings being damaged over the summer and I've seen several posters here try to play down the incident this week due to how safe the statues were, basically ignoring the destruction to the buildings, attacks and the murder of police officers
    The Confederate monuments and base names are all they have left of the glory days the last time they tried to go down this road. It's pathetic really when you think about it.

He was outlawed.
    I bet most won't believe this, but my exile was self-imposed!

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

everlast75 wrote: »

He is such a pathetic loser.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

The Confederate monuments and base names are all they have left of the glory days the last time they tried to go down this road. It's pathetic really when you think about it.

It is, especially as Confederate monuments are the biggest 'participation trophies' in history. They would be so laughable if they weren't built to intimidate black citizens

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Mike Murdock

tenor.gif?itemid=17167513

It is, especially as Confederate monuments are the biggest 'participation trophies' in history. They would be so laughable if they were built to intimidate black citizens

*weren't*
    ;) :P

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Just typical him. Proabably just as well though, don't think Joe wants him there.

I think the inauguration might be a small indoor event this year as Biden cares about Covid and it will help security too.

Was surprised they were going to the bother of setting up the scaffolding for the stands etc for the inugration anyway. Makes zero sense for Biden to hold a regular outdoor mass event even before this week happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭briany

As bad as those MAGA supporters acted on Wednesday, it's even worse that they arrived there under completely false pretences, aggrieved by an injustice which didn't happen.

The reason why that is so bad is because this is a massive group of people potentially willing to partake in serious violence and insurrection based on an entirely invented conspiracy theory, and if a more competent man than Trump can harness that, then you shudder to think what could happen.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭flazio

I'm relieved Trumps not going.

I also agree that the inauguration should be moved indoors to encourage people to stay safe at home. The events of Tuesday are likely to have caused a super spread.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

flazio wrote: »

I also agree that the inauguration should be moved indoors to encourage people to stay safe at home. The events of Tuesday are likely to have caused a super spread.

It definitely should be indoors/small event but you just know Trump, being the insecure petulant child that he is, will be going on about the crowd size. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,602 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

No. We will not bow to terrorism.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Who are 'we' in this instance?

I for one was hugely shocked to see the Capitol breached. Did anyone on here expect that?

A bit of trouble, a few scuffles between protestors and counter-protestors. Protestors harassing random innocent civilians. Maybe the next level of some cars being burned or some stores being attacked.

Maybe others did predict the direct attack of the Capitol or other Federal buildings and they can point us to their posts on the thread doing so.

You're right, I predicted on here we'd see the usual two tier policing and soft touch on white mobs but I didn't predict that the level of collusion or utter incompetence of the police to go so soft to literally open gates, give directions, and take selfies with the white terrorists - risking the lives of their fellow officers, the entirety of 2 levels of government and most of the line of the presidential succession.

The mob could have been easily handled with even a fraction of the police response that it was clear in advance that the threat they posed deserved. The Capitol police were more prepared and stronger against disabled protesters than they were on these terrorists.

https://twitter.com/gutsywoman19/status/1346992180435574784?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 28,515 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

It's not about terrorism , it's about covid safety and sending a different message out. Trump's rallies were dangerous in more ways than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Seems the problem here was that they didn't get distracted looting runners in the nearest Footlocker like BLM/Antifa did.

Actually, one guy ran off with Pelosi's speaker's lectern, another with a letter from her office. Strangely, these people were just expelled not arrested, as some of the culprits posted selfies of their "misdemeanors" booty.

How come these people weren't arrested?

In fact, Biden's introduction of the Justice Dept appointments is on right now, and Biden has said in his speech that if BLM had been at the Capitol, this never would have happened...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Covid 19 is not terrorism.

It's not about terrorism , it's about covid safety and sending a different message out. Trump's rallies were dangerous in more ways than one.
    I mean storming the Capitol Building and appearing to be prepared to take hostages was more prescient in my mind than COVID on the day TBH.

https://twitter.com/baothai1995/status/1347570577595265025?s=20
    Covid 19 is not terrorism.

Covid wasn't going to prevent the inauguration from happening on the Capitol stage. They are still in the process of building it.

Terrorism won't, either.

Biden discouraged the public from gathering in masses on the mall. The ceremony itself will still take place.

• Advertisement

If Biden holds a small indoor event for his inauguration, is there any possibility that Trump could hold a rally in front of the Capitol building on the morning of Jan 20th that is essentially a parody of the traditional swearing-in ceremony? I mean, he would technically still be president up until 11:59 AM, as I understand it, and it's not as if Trump hasn't done things we have previously considered unimaginable and completely beneath the dignity of a sitting POTUS, so the question is whether there is any actual mechanisms beyond his control which would prevent him from doing something so crazy as that?

Yes, indoors are notoriously awful areas to spread COVID... the virus HATES being in closed unventilated areas.

On a stage outside socially distanced in front of the Capitol is much safer than doing it indoors - especially if he asks that no non-invitees attend.

The stage has been in the process of being built for weeks. At this point changing track is giving in to terrorism.

On a stage outside socially distanced in front of the Capitol is much safer than doing it indoors - especially if he asks that no non-invitees attend.

The stage has been in the process of being built for weeks. At this point changing track is giving in to terrorism.
    Particularly because Biden supporters are more likely to wear masks and keep socially distanced.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,896 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I'm not going to bother responding to this aspect, it's so disingenuous it doesn't deserve a response.

The only "disingenuousness" is that on a day of disgraceful scenes in the US, and an attack and assault on the institutions underpinning their democracy, people want to score virtue signalling points on a completely separate agenda.

Perhaps people are trying to deflect from the seriousness of it..........by trying to create false equivalences so that people will talk about those false equivalences instead of the actual incident?

So what is your angle?

briany wrote: »
    If Biden holds a small indoor event for his inauguration, is there any possibility that Trump could hold a rally in front of the Capitol building on the morning of Jan 20th that is essentially a parody of the traditional swearing-in ceremony? I mean, he would technically still be president up until 11:59 AM, as I understand it, and it's not as if Trump hasn't done things we have previously considered unimaginable and completely beneath the dignity of a sitting POTUS, so the question is whether there is any actual mechanisms beyond his control which would prevent him from doing something so crazy as that?

If you do anything less than the standard Inauguration, they will run hog wild with the "Biden wasn't really inaugurated" narrative. These idiots don't need much of an excuse to come up with such bull****. Obama and the Chief justice bumbled some of his first inagural oath and Republicans went into a spiral about it for 2 days before the Chief Justice performed the oath a second time just to shut them the **** up. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2009/jan/23/barack-obama-oath-inauguration

The only "disingenuousness" is that on a day of disgraceful scenes in the US, and an attack and assault on the institutions underpinning their democracy, people want to score virtue signalling points on a completely separate agenda.

Perhaps people are trying to deflect from the seriousness of it..........by trying to create false equivalences so that people will talk about those false equivalences instead of the actual incident?

So what is your angle?
    I'm not sure what point you're trying to make anymore and I'm not entirely sure you do either?

If you do anything less than the standard Inauguration, they will run hog wild with the "Biden wasn't really inaugurated" narrative. These idiots don't need much of an excuse to come up with such bull****

I don't think it matters how big or small an inauguration you have. Those clowns are going to state that they continue to recognise Trump as POTUS. It will be interesting to see exactly how much Trump continues to interact with such people and that concept after Jan. 20th.

I don't think it matters how big or small an inauguration you have. Those clowns are going to state that they continue to recognise Trump as POTUS. It will be interesting to see exactly how much Trump continues to interact with such people and that concept after Jan. 20th.

I'd rather not give them the ammunition either way.

And I would very much rather not bow to terrorism.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭yagan

I reckon they won't bother with Washington, they tried but failed.

I reckon their next targets will be a few state capital buildings that they'll storm and take for Trump. Trump leaning states will be a push over but the battleground states could literally become battlegrounds.

Even though there are more licenced guns than there are citizens they're all in the hands of around 30%.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement