Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

What I suspected would be the road they'd take after Donnie's Senate approved speech last night.. They will not convict him, AGAIN!

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1347568532951867392?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 19,896 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Foxtrol wrote: »
    You're right, I predicted on here we'd see the usual two tier policing and soft touch on white mobs but I didn't predict that the level of collusion or utter incompetence of the police to go so soft to literally open gates, give directions, and take selfies with the white terrorists - risking the lives of their fellow officers, the entirety of 2 levels of government and most of the line of the presidential succession.

The mob could have been easily handled with even a fraction of the police response that it was clear in advance that the threat they posed deserved. The Capitol police were more prepared and stronger against disabled protesters than they were on these terrorists.

https://twitter.com/gutsywoman19/status/1346992180435574784?s=20

Again, as shocking as those scenes are, it is not the same scenario and your argument amounts to a tautology. It will always be easier to clear an actual genuine and peaceful protest

One of my best friends was arrested during a sit-down protest outside the Whitehouse. It was organised and she had received training and instruction on what to do after being arrested.

The cops gave them whatever warning to disperse and they did not and then the cops came in and lifted them one by one. Actually, she was about 30 at the time but she looked very young and the cops weren't going to arrest her as they though she was underage. So she had to correct them in order to be arrested.
    They made their protest, got arrested, the group made their point and got their publicity over the issue (they were all photographed being arrested).

Had they tried to attack the cops in a mob, some would have gotten away. The fact that they were a genuine peaceful protest means that it is easy for the cops to deal with it.

The cops should have dealt with the recent storming far quicker and more harshly IMO. Comparing that to their ability to wheel out disabled people in wheelchairs and trying to use that as a proof of something is a load of bollix.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭briany

Overheal wrote: »
    I'd rather not give them the ammunition either way.

And I would very much rather not bow to terrorism.

There's bowing to terrorism and then there is taking precautions, but there's also the problem that the inauguration cannot be an ordinary one even without the shadow of Trump and his followers, due to Covid and the spacing out of the crowds that will take place.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,985 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Seriously, what is the hard on right wingers/Trump apologists have for statues?

They were losing their minds about them and any buildings being damaged over the summer and I've seen several posters here try to play down the incident this week due to how safe the statues were, basically ignoring the destruction to the buildings, attacks and the murder of police officers

They're relics of an era where ethnic minorities and women knew their place in their eyes. Maybe they feel some kind of nostalgia.

More seriously, I think they just have to try and do anything they think owns the libs. BLM should have said it was committed to protecting statues of slavers and confederate losers the US right seem to adore and just watch them tear the silly things down.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Covid wasn't going to prevent the inauguration from happening on the Capitol stage. They are still in the process of building it.

Terrorism won't, either.

Biden discouraged the public from gathering in masses on the mall. The ceremony itself will still take place.

You don't discourage crowds turning up by setting up a stage and massive screens alone The Mall. Fupping stupid to be holding a regular mass inauguration has been clear for months, even well before the election itself happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

What I suspected would be the road they'd take after Donnie's Senate approved speech last night.. They will not convict him, AGAIN!

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1347568532951867392?s=19

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1347568806307258368?s=20

Confirms that he is playing Politics and not weighing the fact that the people he just named were very nearly hanged and quartered.

I don't think he understands that those 'patriots' probably would have put him on trial for perceived offenses as a RINO. Then killed him.

"Oh it's just 12 more days" and the rest of Trump's life to campaign and foment this **** over and over again. "Now now Mussolini, you gave it a good shot, but go home... come back next year though!"

Impeach him, make him forever ineligible, and disperse this violent, seditious cult.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,896 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

I'm not sure what point you're trying to make anymore and I'm not entirely sure you do either?

In other words you don't have an answer or have maybe finally realised the point that I was making and know that you were incorrect to jump on the outrage of a photo of the National Guard on the Lincoln Monument as being relevant to what happened on the Capitol and make it about the discrimination against blacks or whatever

It's not.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,183 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

For one President to go after another is not a good look. If Biden claims to be a President for all of America then he can't go after the 75m people who support Trump, needs to pardon Trump, the same way Nixon was pardoned . If he doesn't then he'll never heal the nation. One man v the nation. Put country before Trump, and bring peace with a pardon.

A public inauguration would be inappropriate, due to covid. Biden indicated that they would have a private one long before Trump's fascist's attempted their coup and failed miserably.

A live streamed inauguration should do the trick, with essential attendees only.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

everlast75 wrote: »

That coward.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,985 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

For one President to go after another is not a good look. If Biden claims to be a President for all of American then he can't go after the 75m people who support him, needs to pardon Trump, the same way Nixon was pardoned . If he doesn't then he'll never heal the nation. One man v the nation. Put country before Trump, and bring peace with a pardon.

Pardoning Trump won't heal the nation. It'll do the opposite. Everyone needs to be accountable, especially those in office.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

For one President to go after another is not a good look. If Biden claims to be a President for all of American then he can't go after the 75m people who support him, needs to pardon Trump, the same way Nixon was pardoned . If he doesn't then he'll never heal the nation. One man v the nation. Put country before Trump, and bring peace with a pardon.

I could say a lot of choice words about that, or at you, but I will condense it:

F%ck no.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

absolutely not. you don't pardon sedition.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

It's amazing that all the Trumpists are suddenly looking for unity and healing at the 11th hour. Pathetic.

everlast75 wrote: »

Meh. There are former presidents who have not, just not in modern memory.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,747 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Seriously, what is the hard on right wingers/Trump apologists have for statues?

They were losing their minds about them and any buildings being damaged over the summer and I've seen several posters here try to play down the incident this week due to how safe the statues were, basically ignoring the destruction to the buildings, attacks and the murder of police officers

They care about the statues about as much as Trump cares about the bible.

They are concerned because the removal of the statues would be seen to be a victory for people who they see as beneath them. Most of the statues in question were put in place in the mid to late 20th century as a counter to advances made by the civil rights activists.

Around the same time that desegregation was being enforced in schools, the same schools were being named after confederate era individuals so as to remind the newly admitted students just where they belonged.

It's a similar narrative from Conservatives in the UK and indeed in Ireland (as evidenced this platform at times), any progressive ideal towards others must be pushed back because it could mean a change in the world they have grown up in and are comfortable with.

For one President to go after another is not a good look. If Biden claims to be a President for all of America then he can't go after the 75m people who support him, needs to pardon Trump, the same way Nixon was pardoned . If he doesn't then he'll never heal the nation. One man v the nation. Put country before Trump, and bring peace with a pardon.
    It's a matter of abuse of the office imho. To do nothing, sets a precedent the President can do whatever he wants. He's actively attacked The democratic foundations of the state so it's far more than about one man. The damage Trump has done will fester regardless of a pardon. And I'd suspect based on Biden's blistering comments about Trump yesterday that he isn't getting a pardon.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    It's amazing that all the Trumpists are suddenly looking for unity and healing at the 11th hour. Pathetic.

Mad how only the left, ie anyone who isn't a white supremacist are supposed to worry about healing the country. The white trash killing people, waving swastikas and attempting a coup are what, exactly? A great bunch of lads?

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

For one President to go after another is not a good look. If Biden claims to be a President for all of America then he can't go after the 75m people who support Trump, needs to pardon Trump, the same way Nixon was pardoned . If he doesn't then he'll never heal the nation. One man v the nation. Put country before Trump, and bring peace with a pardon.

Ahahahaha.

Biden pardon Trump. F*cking hell that’s a laugh I really needed

Meh. There are former presidents who have not, just not in modern memory.

I can't remember any inauguration where the incumbent didn't go.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Biden's mood on it seems to be just to ignore him and let him go out to pasture. A pardon would be absolutely absurd especially after the last few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

namloc1980 wrote: »

Absolutely no different to the brexiteers and Tory supporters in the UK.

Transparent.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,183 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I could say a lot of choice words about that, or at you, but I will condense it:

F%ck no.

So Bidens presidency will be about one thing, taking down Trump , not a good luck. Ford pardoned Nixon to draw a line under it, and to move on.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Biden's mood on it seems to be just to ignore him and let him go out to pasture. A pardon would be absolutely absurd especially after the last few days.

besides, it wouldn't be biden going after him. It would be the DOJ doing their jobs and indicting a criminal.

So Bidens presidency will be about one thing, taking down Trump , not a good luck. Ford pardoned Nixon to draw a line under it, and to move on.

Why? Just because he's beloved by American deplorables is no reason to pardon him. Biden can have the relevant law enforcement body investigate him while he governs the country.

What about the 300,000 Americans killed by covid? Do they not deserve justice?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Nixon was so disgraced he could never hold any office again, a pardon would embolden Trump to try again.

nothing to do with Biden. all down to the DOJ.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,742 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Biden will just ignore the orange fart that lingered in the white house for 4 years.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭briany

is_that_so wrote: »

Trump's not going out to pasture, though. Unless he's stopped, he's going to continue riling up his supporters. Sure, kick him off Twitter, but he can just develop his own app, or supporters can develop one for him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

astrofool wrote: »
    Biden will just ignore the orange fart that lingered in the white house for 4 years.

Seriously though they'll need to do a thorough fumigation of the White House before anyone from the Biden admin goes in there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement