Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

• Registered Users Posts: 19,826 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 19,896 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Overheal wrote: »
    I won't even stop stressing then. You just know Trump won't go away. Even if he's indicted his orbit will pick up the fight, even if he's arrested. And these militia yahoos will go to bat. These types idolize the Timothy McVeighs. We haven't seen the last act of terrorism inspired by Trump.

The McVeigh reference is relevant to my points. He was aligned with certain paranoid militia movements (which were subsequently monitored various degrees). Someone else posted about the WH being locked down during a BLM protest as if it had some relevance here. The WH is locked down whenever there is a danger in the area. The Ellipse out front is secured and Pennsylvania is cleared out back. FYI, Penn Ave was only pedestrianized (15th - 17th st NW) about 25 years ago in response to fears of domestic terrorism inspired by the likes of McVeigh.

So, to me, that is the serious part about the recent attack. Are we going to see a rise of similar groups?

People virtue signalling tallying up arrests of whites vs blacks are only deflecting from that. Possibly on purpose. Who knows.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

everlast75 wrote: »

Lady G has zero principles.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,988 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    He appeared on the Dunphy podcast few months back. Was a good listen

He is excellent, I've been watching him for years and has done some excellent work at CNN, particularly on Facebook. I'm just amused at Irish Main street media suddenly discovery that excellent Irish Journalists work beyond the Irish Sea and Atlantic ocean, indeed I'd go so far as to say the best seem to work in Europe, UK and USA.

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Advertisement

joe40 wrote: »
    I fully expect there to be violence of some sort. I didn't expect them to overrun the senate because you know, the most powerful military in the world, heavily armed police force, national guard etc.
    I was naively under the impression America would be able to defend it's seat of government on arguably the most important day in an election cycle.

That was exactly my point! Others on here told me everyone predicted it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I responded to him directly. They think he's an opportunistic coattail holding RINO. He would have been the first one they held a kangaroo court for. Many others they would have killed on sight. Some would have been beaten to death and raped.

maxresdefault.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

He can't be honest to himself, then how do you expect he'll manage himself as a politician?

The McVeigh reference is relevant to my points. He was aligned with certain paranoid militia movements (which were subsequently monitored various degrees). Someone else posted about the WH being locked down during a BLM protest as if it had some relevance here. The WH is locked down whenever there is a danger in the area. The Ellipse out front is secured and Pennsylvania is cleared out back. FYI, Penn Ave was only pedestrianized (15th - 17th st NW) about 25 years ago in response to fears of domestic terrorism inspired by the likes of McVeigh.

So, to me, that is the serious part about the recent attack. Are we going to see a rise of similar groups?

People virtue signalling tallying up arrests of whites vs blacks are only deflecting from that. Possibly on purpose. Who knows.

Some of that is people equivocating a coup d'etat to looting a Nike shoes outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭yagan

The FBI have to come down hard too because they have to weed out radicalised in their own security forces, and it's very important that they find out if any of Trump appointed sycophants have compromised national security on his command.

Trump incited an insurrection which almost succeeded and for the Senate and Congress to not come down hard on the mob and its leader is to show weakness.

• Advertisement

Little being an apt discription of these odious clown. Watching all these Trump enablers suddenly find reality is cringe enducing, especially Mulvaney & Graham

yagan wrote: »
    The FBI have to come down hard too because they have to weed out radicalised in their own security forces, and it's very important that they find out if any of Trump appointed sycophants have compromised national security on his command.

Trump incited an insurrection which almost succeeded and for the Senate and Congress to not come down hard on the mob and its leader is to show weakness.

It invites it to happen again.

There should be capital punishment for some of those post-human filth, specifically those ex military that were armed and prepared for this day. I can forgive the ignorant masses, but not them. Treason is punishable by death.

So Bidens presidency will be about one thing, taking down Trump , not a good luck. Ford pardoned Nixon to draw a line under it, and to move on.

trump made his presidency about undoing everything Obama had done because he was mean to him at the WHCA dinner, so what's your point?

I only heard of him recently. Shrug.

Unfortunately, I'm hooked on US networks, worked in the US but must state clearly, NOT FOX :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

As I said, I would have expected protests. Clashes between anti-protestors and protestors. Perhaps even attacks on stores or vehicles etc.

Feel free to give me one concrete example from any commentator who predicted that the Trumpers would possibly attack and overrun the Capitol?

Another agency asking them in advance whether they needed any assistance is likely a routine process
    OK here you go
    I would have said no but he's made clear plans to be in DC on January 6 and for people to show up on the 6th. Parlerbots are taking this to mean he needs them there in droves to overthrow the government if Pence has the audacity to adhere to the law and count the electors.

They were discussing it out on the open on social media, as they now are for Jan 19th.

Authorities knew tens if not hundreds of thousands would be there due to the Million MAGA event that proved to be nothing more than a way to get these people built into a rage and ready to fight, which they did.

So yes, it was well known. And the scale was known. Yet the routine process of ramping up security for this was not only refused, there were also measures put in place to prevent them from doing so when things escalated.

And that's before noting that you ignored the parts of my post where multiple attempts to call in help were rejected by Trunos secretary of defense and by the police chief who has now resigned admit a lending investigation into his actions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

There should be capital punishment for some of those post-human filth, specifically those ex military that were armed and prepared for this day. I can forgive the ignorant masses, but not them. Treason is punishable by death.

I share your anger but capital punishment has no place in a western democracy.

Anyone paying attention saw it coming, I pretty sure it was mentioned multiple times in this thread even.

The pentagon were aware and offered assistance... the police said no. Then after having let the terrorists through, police again refused assistance.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/news.yahoo.com/amphtml/capitol-police-rejected-offers-federal-214932103.html

The House has said they will be launching an investigation into this, and the chief of that police force has announced he is resigning as of Jan 16th. Rank and file have also said they are outraged about what happened due to 'leadership'.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1253389

On top of that, Maryland Governor has come out and said they were repeatedly denied assistance from the NG and it appears they only got it in the end because people broke protocol and worked through unofficial channels:

https://twitter.com/RobertMackey/status/1347374738369175553

The more and more comes out on this, the shadier it seems, and calls into question why Trump was so quick to get out thebliebthatnhe "immediately sent the NG" as soon as things got violent, when all sides say he had nothing to do with releasing them at all and if anything appears to have tried to make it so adequate support could not get there in time.

Thoughts?

I made that point in response to a link shared by Francois earlier today, but posters said it was too reactionary

Christy42 wrote: »
    Why are they ors? People who engage in insurrection should be arrested and stopped from continuing any further. The FBI seems to be heavily engaged in tracking them down which is easier than expected because they are dumb but really could have largely been done on the night.

They should have never have gotten that far. These were idiots, not some precision attack. Blm shows that the police know how to get heavy handed and yet were largely incapable or unwilling to deal with an attack on the Capitol which is as fundamentally serious as you suggest.

Why are they "ors"
    Because I asked what was your "biggest takeaway"

So you would have presumably been happy with an equal amount of arrests. How would you define your equality then? Equal absolute number? Equal in terms of racial percentages (for every 13 blacks arrested at a BLM protest there should have been 60 white people arrested at the Capitol), or would you want it done on percentages of the attendance - if 1% of protestors get arrested at a BLM protest then you want 1% arrested at the Capitol?

The world has gone nuts!

Some of that is people equivocating a coup d'etat to looting a Nike shoes outlet.

I saw that post about the looting. I think everyone ignored it (as it should have been)

joe40 wrote: »
    I share your anger but capital punishment has no place in a western democracy.

They weren't interested in Democracy. It shouldn't be interested in them either.

• Advertisement

You'd sorr of wonder what Flynn has been doing as of late. He's basically like the soldier in Strangelove.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

They weren't interested in Democracy. It shouldn't be interested in them either.

Unfortunately thats not how democracy works. I'm personally fundamentally opposed to the death penalty so can't make exceptions.
    Anyway different debate.
    The full force of the law should apply to all concerned but probably won't.

• Ah let's move on won't cut it Graham you little snake.

Is there anything that can be done with those who enabled this ****show, the culmation of years of backing a psychopath?

• Registered Users Posts: 36,183 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

That's not up to date. Germany for example don't count deaths of those who die, who had covid. Has to be a very direct result of covid for them to count it

While US will count a guy who got hit by a truck, who turns out had covid.

You'd suffer of wonder what Flynn has been doing as of late. He's basically like the soldier in Strangelove.

I'd be shocked if he's not called back to active duty after the inauguration to stand for court martial.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭yagan

I don't support the death penalty but certainly those who applied their military or police background to advance the attempted coup should face imprisonment for life.

The ignorant masses need a taste of the ****ty stick too to remind them that indulging and promoting conspiracies has consequences.

Ah let's move on won't cut it Graham you little snake.

Is there anything that can be done with those who enabled this ****show, the culmation of years of backing a psychopath?

One side is brain washed by far right media........ but then you have the other side brain washed by far left media

I'm a realist, the truth is out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,515 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Thankfully Ireland does not have capital punishment.

Countries should never kill their citizens. No matter what.

Thread: https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1347599805325975555?s=20

That article is indeed incredible. Includes Capitol maps to break down what the **** happened.

route-of-the-mob-of-which-Babbitt-was-part-through-the-Capitol-building.-The-red-square-is-the-location-of-the-door-1200x691.jpg

• Advertisement

CNN talking about launch codes, and fact he has his finger on a button and can push it any time. COME ON, Trump has fired less bullets than any president. So no chance he'd fire a nuclear missile .
    This is far left media for you.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement