Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭briany

I remember watching a Frontline episode about what led to Trump's eventual election and they pretty much started with Obama's presidency and how the political climate developed from that point on. Obama had a big crisis to start off with because he had to decide what to do with the banking CEOs who were complicit in creating the bubbles that led to the great recession. Put them in jail, hold their institutions to account, or not? In the end, he didn't really punish the banks, and some considered that a soft move.

Now whether it was or not is not a debate I seek to start here, but it's just to say that there is a parallel - Obama faced a big decision, and now Biden faces the same - what to do with Trump? Go hard or easy? No perfect answer to the question and potentially massive fallout either way. I personally think that Trump cannot be allowed to get away with what he's been doing. If you do let him off, he'll just take that as license to push it farther, as all bullies do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

One side is brain washed by far right media........ but then you have the other side brain washed by far left media

I'm a realist, the truth is out there.

What has Biden said that would qualify as far left brain washing. That is where the false equivalence breaks down.
    There simply is no senior democratic politician spouting the same level of crazy as Trump and his acolytes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

CNN talking about launch codes, and fact he has his finger on a button and can push it any time. COME ON, Trump has fired less bullets than any president. So no chance he'd fire a nuclear missile .
    This is far left media for you.

Of course he's fired less bullets because he dodged the draft

but considering he introduced legislation to hide the civilian deaths from drone strikes, how can you be assured of your assertion?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain together have a lower population than the USA, But their covid deaths are 400,000 plus combined.
    This virus has done the exact same everywhere.

US total deaths 374,988
    US Population 332,013,304

UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain Total Deaths 316,180
    UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain Population 324,523,912

UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain have 15.7% less deaths than the US.
    UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain have 2.26% less of a population than the US

to put it into perspective yesterday the US had 4,207 deaths whereas UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain had 3,034 all data from https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

Based on what went on in DC on Wednesday you can expect the number to increase there more.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,896 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

OK here you go

They were discussing it out on the open on social media, as they now are for Jan 19th.

Authorities knew tens if not hundreds of thousands would be there due to the Million MAGA event that proved to be nothing more than a way to get these people built into a rage and ready to fight, which they did.

So yes, it was well known. And the scale was known. Yet the routine process of ramping up security for this was not only refused, there were also measures put in place to prevent them from doing so when things escalated.

And that's before noting that you ignored the parts of my post where multiple attempts to call in help were rejected by Trunos secretary of defense and by the police chief who has now resigned admit a lending investigation into his actions.

And where does any of that suggest a direct overrun of the Capitol building?

How many times have you been inside the Capitol? I've visited it many many times. The main general public entrance, round the back and underneath, is fairly narrow. Once you get inside the external doors, there are plenty of lines of conveyor belts for metal detectors and there are at least 3 (or 4) armed police at each one. Then there are plenty of other police hanging around the wall at the back.

The public can also easily enter through the tunnel from the LOC - but you have similar enough security to get in there (although not as many lines etc.).

I would not have anticipated that it would have been breached except for by coordinated and sustained assault by an armed group.

Of course, it is open to the general public, so you could have people just walk in in normal times, followed by a surprise coordinated "protest", but I'd imagine that that is not what happened here. I'd imagine that the doors were closed to general public long before the "protestors" breached it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,013 ✭✭✭✭James Brown

She has as many enemies in the DNC as in the GOP.

Pelosi and older Democrats hate her.

The Dems are in severe need of an overhaul. The Republicans will be back with ease if the Dems don't stand for something more than they have been.
    I think AOC is a bright hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,896 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

Overheal wrote: »
    Thread: https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1347599805325975555?s=20

That article is indeed incredible. Includes Capitol maps to break down what the **** happened.

route-of-the-mob-of-which-Babbitt-was-part-through-the-Capitol-building.-The-red-square-is-the-location-of-the-door-1200x691.jpg

The rotunda and the statutory hall are where the regular normal tours take you

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

One side is brain washed by far right media........ but then you have the other side brain washed by far left media

2ac26a16de4b80e721206632fbd055e5.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭flazio

murpho999 wrote: »
    Thankfully Ireland does not have capital punishment.

Countries should never kill their citizens. No matter what.
    As a last resort if the lives of innocents are in danger. And by last resort I mean last resort. Non lethal methods should always be preferable.

CNN talking about launch codes, and fact he has his finger on a button and can push it any time. COME ON, Trump has fired less bullets than any president. So no chance he'd fire a nuclear missile .

The sanity and rationality of leaders is generally viewed as a key reason nuclear wars haven't broken out. Trump is not rational and his sanity is under genuine question. The reason it's getting discussed is because Pelosi is making efforts to remove his access. So the media are discussing what high ranking politicians view as a genuine concern. Bet you'd equally have claimed he would never encourage a coup but he did that...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Evidence please.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

You're either badly misinformed or just wilfully talking nonsense at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

That isn't the far left. There's no far left media with mass viewership in the US. And the notion about Trump supposedly being peaceful is nonsense as he's fired off more missiles than anyone before him.

The nuclear button stuff is silly though. He's the lamest of ducks atm and he'd be laughed out of it if he tried to start a war now.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    You're either badly misinformed or just wilfully talking nonsense at this stage.

This was Afghanistan.

Record Number Of Bombs Dropped On Afghanistan In 2019

https://www.statista.com/chart/16079/weapons-released-by-the-us-coalition-over-afghanistan/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

carter_2008_rect.jpg

Do you not get tired of lying on here?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,826 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 83,603 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

He's mentally unhinged, both before and especially after this siege; Iran or someone could take the moment to provoke.

It's not a silly question. Speaker Pelosi was right to raise concerns with the Joint Chiefs.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    carter_2008_rect.jpg

Do you not get tired of lying on here?

Another news headline.

“Trump may have bombed Yemen more than all previous US presidents combined, new report finds“

• Registered Users Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭flazio

According to a Wikipedia article
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gold_Codes
    The Secretary of Defence cannot veto the use of the Gold codes but my reading of that is he could delay long enough for Pence to invoke the 25th Amendment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,090 ✭✭✭✭cnocbui

Care to back that up with some facts?

Trump-bombs.jpg

Obama-bombs.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

That isn't the far left. There's no far left media with mass viewership in the US. And the notion about Trump supposedly being peaceful is nonsense as he's fired off more missiles than anyone before him.

The nuclear button stuff is silly though. He's the lamest of ducks atm and he'd be laughed out of it if he tried to start a war now.

CNN is not far left, but National Public Radio and Public Broadcasting Service can be considered to be Leftist media in the scheme of things, and have a verifiably large audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭yagan

Now the USA knows what a lot of nations have already experienced when the White House attempts a coup.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,747 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

No. You are not.

And no President has ever had so much of his thoughts, words and actions broadcast live to the world. Much of it entirely of his own choosing given his use of Twitter.

We all watched Trump talking about not taking responsibility for his handling of covid, refusing to accept the results of the election and imploring his fans to fight for him and were abhorred. You were abhorred because it was shown on CNN.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,264 ✭✭✭yagan

everlast75 wrote: »
    I've said it already, I will not be surprised if Trump leaves the White House in a body bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain together have a lower population than the USA, But their covid deaths are 400,000 plus combined.
    This virus has done the exact same everywhere.

308K deaths by my count versus 375K in the US, what’s your point?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

yagan wrote: »
    I've said it already, I will not be surprised if Trump leaves the White House in a body bag.

And ill ask you again to parse that out, how/why do you think hell leave in a body bag?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

yagan wrote: »

That would never happen. Trump sacrifices others to save himself. He’s far too much of a coward to put himself in any danger (apart from taking reckless risks with his health through exposing himself to Covid while on a diet of cheeseburgers and Coca-Cola)

joe40 wrote: »
    I share your anger but capital punishment has no place in a western democracy.

Well the U.S. have being using it for years, mainly promoted by the likes of trump and the republicans.

Delusional or disingenuous.

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement