Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Sarcozies

Foxtrol wrote: »
    You're right, I predicted on here we'd see the usual two tier policing and soft touch on white mobs but I didn't predict that the level of collusion or utter incompetence of the police to go so soft to literally open gates, give directions, and take selfies with the white terrorists - risking the lives of their fellow officers, the entirety of 2 levels of government and most of the line of the presidential succession.

The mob could have been easily handled with even a fraction of the police response that it was clear in advance that the threat they posed deserved. The Capitol police were more prepared and stronger against disabled protesters than they were on these terrorists.

https://twitter.com/gutsywoman19/status/1346992180435574784?s=20

Race batey nonsense.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/ks0iu5/the_exact_first_moment_of_the_storming_of_the_us/

This is a video of them first breaking through -- look at the security just 'letting them in'. Ridiculous. I'd love to see what people on their phones right now would have done to stop the flood of people breaking through -- a few judo chops perhaps.

This is all after they've had months and months of vitriolic abuse (all cops are bastards hash tags to retired St. Louis police Capt. David Dorn lying on the ground in a pool of his own blood while people step over him to snag a second hand TV.from his friends shop he was trying to protect) demands of defunding from not just huge swaths of the American people, but from some of the highest echelons of the democratic party. "Defund the police" to "oh no where are the police"

Meanwhile during the summer we have riots, buildings and businesses set ablaze with tons of small businesses never going to recover. What was the the reaction from hugely influential celebrities, mainstream media and many, many politicians? Encouragement and agreement. In Seattle, they were given their own little zone where police were instructed to leave the area and leave them off. Imagine a mayor in America telling the police to get out of a city area as it's now Trump land inhabited by trump fanatics just doing their thing.

This all sets a precedent for all other mobs in the future to justify their idiotic behaviour in the name of their perceived political injustice.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

All these Twitter posts from the likes of Graham calling for no 2nd impeachment and saying it’s time to move in is All the more reason why there should be an impeachment

Get these pricks to vote against impeaching a man who ordered an insurrection against the elected government of the republic.

Get them to nail their colors to the mast once and for all

They voted against removing him last time on the basis that the crimes were insignificant or not really crimes at all. Trump has been caught this week trying to get an elected official to fraudulently overturn election results, and then called for violent protests against the capital, and then refused to call in the national guard to defend the capital

These are capital crimes in countries that don’t even enforce the death penalty. Trump needs to be removed from office and barred from ever seeking office ever again, and then he needs to be put on trial for insurrection and sedition, and these senators and lawmakers who defended and enabled this attempted insurrection need to be tried alongside him as co conspirators

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

For one President to go after another is not a good look. If Biden claims to be a President for all of America then he can't go after the 75m people who support Trump, needs to pardon Trump, the same way Nixon was pardoned . If he doesn't then he'll never heal the nation. One man v the nation. Put country before Trump, and bring peace with a pardon.

Nixon was impeached first.
    Can't pardon without some sort of recognition of a crime.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Nixon was impeached first.
    Can't pardon without some sort of recognition of a crime.

Nixon wasn't impeached. He resigned before they could impeach him.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

everlast75 wrote: »

Now I don't know the answer was the door opened by actual police or was it opened by rioters inside who broke throug the front windows.

You'd have to question why a cop would open what is a closed fire door with no outside handles from the inside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

This time back in 1999 a POTUS was being impeached for getting a blowjob..

The US progressed a long way since that time, the conservative party is fine and dandy with their guy trying to bend the US to his will and inciting an insurrection

Erection= bad

Insurrection= uhmmm, time to heal a nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,013 ✭✭✭✭listermint

listermint wrote: »
    Now I don't know the answer was the door opened by actual police or was it opened by rioters inside who broke throug the front windows.

You'd have to question why a cop would open what is a closed fire door with no outside handles from the inside.

Actually reviewing this again there appears to be about 6 cops on the hallway inside. Which leads you to believe they did open it. Some protestors couldn't have opened that from the inside without confronting 6 armed officers.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    CNN is not far left, but National Public Radio and Public Broadcasting Service can be considered to be Leftist media in the scheme of things, and have a verifiably large audience.

maybe leftist relative to the rest of US media which is to say not leftist at all by any other standard.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,988 ✭✭✭✭Dempo1

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Nixon wasn't impeached. He resigned before they could impeach him.

Correct, he was then pardoned by Ford, actually ford's first presidential act

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Advertisement

CNN talking about launch codes, and fact he has his finger on a button and can push it any time. COME ON, Trump has fired less bullets than any president. So no chance he'd fire a nuclear missile .
    This is far left media for you.

Cnn are not talking about it, they are reporting the Speaker of the House has spoken to the pentagon, joint chiefs about concerns. MSNBC, ABC, CBS, NBC all reporting on it, oddly enough, guess who's not? FOX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Tbf...he looks more than a bit inbred

Too funny, Daddy won't be pleased :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,366 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Dempo1 wrote: »
    Correct, he was then pardoned by Ford, actually ford's first presidential act

And the people of America were furious with Ford about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

I Can't believe this is reality, we accomplishing shit

Sounds more and more like idiocracy as time goes on

https://twitter.com/thejaydenxander/status/1347061129755959300

salmocab wrote: »
    And the people of America were furious with Ford about it.

They were to be sure but it was thought anything to avoid further constitunal turmoil was wise. Nixon was some chancer but saintly compared to Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 28,515 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

flazio wrote: »
    As a last resort if the lives of innocents are in danger. And by last resort I mean last resort. Non lethal methods should always be preferable.

No, absolutely no reason and that's why Ireland voted it out. It doesn't work as a deterrent in any way.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,048 ✭✭✭✭briany

Tbf...he looks more than a bit inbred

How many of the mob who broke into the Capitol building were wearing fur stuff. Since I've seen at least one other one, I'm wondering if it was a coincidence or if it is a thing of sorts, i.e. some sort of 4chan in-joke.

I Can't believe this is reality, we accomplishing shit

Sounds more and more like idiocracy as time goes on

https://twitter.com/thejaydenxander/status/1347061129755959300

It's a cult.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,461 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

briany wrote: »
    How many of the mob who broke into the Capitol building were wearing fur stuff. Since I've seen at least one other one, I'm wondering if it was a coincidence or if it is a thing of sorts, i.e. some sort of 4chan in-joke.

The lad in question styles himself as a 'qanon shamen' take from that what you will

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

maybe leftist relative to the rest of US media which is to say not leftist at all by any other standard.

Well, you are not going to find hard line stalinists expounding on the virtues of kolkhozes, but it is definitely left leaning. It really is a pretty strong counterpoint to the business minded environment that other corporate outlets evoke.

Media personalities on a national or large metro market make enormous salaries. They are beholdened to a capitalistic system that rewards or punishes accordingly.

PBS and NPR have as strong legacy of reporting and editorializing on the less savory aspects of American society, with a leftist bent. Contrast that with the echo chamber stuff that Trumpites are subjected to by the Sean Hannitys et al, and social media crap, and it is pretty much fighting for the underdog in a classic way.

I also don't think that there are European media groups that have much more of a Leftist perspective on a large scale. I listen to all the major French media TV and Radio, and in spite of the Left wing bent of French media, it is still pretty middle of the road...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

duploelabs wrote: »
    The lad in question styles himself as a 'qanon shamen' take from that what you will

Let's face it, cavemen are fashion forward compared to these guys.

Those MAGA baseball hats, jackets and leggings are making Chinese manufacturers pretty happy. That's one positive.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,826 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Articles of Impeachment to be brought forward on Monday.

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    Let's face it, cavemen are fashion forward compared to these guys.

Those MAGA baseball hats, jackets and leggings are making Chinese manufacturers pretty happy. That's one positive.

Cavenen were also more intelligent than your average trump supporter, less inbreeding perhaps. Their equivalent back in the time of the caveman would have end up as some animals lunch.

Biden's press conference this evening seems to indicate he won't be offering up pardons. He said the Justice Department will handle prosecutions and investigations, he will not intervene.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Biden's press conference this evening seems to indicate he won't be offering up pardons. He said the Justice Department will handle prosecutions and investigations, he will not intervene.

He has not tried to be diplomatic when it comes to talking about Trump. Great to see tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭newmember2

listermint wrote: »
    Actually reviewing this again there appears to be about 6 cops on the hallway inside. Which leads you to believe they did open it. Some protestors couldn't have opened that from the inside without confronting 6 armed officers.

Indeed, some serious lack of opinions on here about this one...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭Sparko

Lindsey Graham the target of some unhappy Trump supporters.

https://twitter.com/AlexThomp/status/1347627231187775488?s=19

I wonder will any of them manage to keep the Trump base on their side.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement