Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Maga brigade are demanding Mitch McConnell resign.

Delighted, it's gonna be catastrophic for him and the GOP

• Registered Users Posts: 83,476 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

everlast75 wrote: »
    Yeah, so anyway...

Good news coming out of Georgia

https://twitter.com/briantylercohen/status/1339060536206508034?s=19

The more people that vote, the better it is for Democrats

That’s the truism anyway. If Republicans win this it would be nice of them to give up on that fear of theirs and pass real election security reforms, not their slickly stylized suppression efforts.

So coffee thought: not to get too much into why the whole argument is bull**** (again) about how a 12th amendment contingent election will never occur in January - but even if we found ourselves in that scenario, people actually think Trump has enough States that will overturn their own results?

Republicans have 26 state delegations in the House of Representatives, but that also requires you to believe delegations like Georgia and Wisconsin are going to actually go against their states general election, and be crucified over it? There’s a reason that the state Republican parties didn’t get support from their own legislatures (not by passing a resolution or anything certifiable) when they sent their mock electors to DC for Trump in 7 states: it’s because this idea is not very popular. If it came down to it the states would enforce their delegations to vote for the winner of the 2020 general election. You also are ignoring the possibility some other Republican but less Trumpian state or delegation would do the same and vote for the lawful winner, not who they want to win under 12A.

I’m sure Trump is planning some ‘surprise’ for January 5, like Rudy will release even more drunkards to the front of a camera, trying to rush Congress to decide its fraudulent and throw out the election. Even in that case Congress can do recesses, each motion can be up to the next calendar day to a max of 5 calendar days before the proceedings must lawfully conclude. More than enough time to distill any last minute bull.

Speaking of the distillation of bull****, GOP holds a Senate subcommittee hearing on the hill about "Examining Irregulates in the 2020 Election." To be fair, GOP Chair Sen. Johnson is correct, we have an unsustainable situation where millions of Americans are checking in their brains at the altar of conspiracy theories, and we *have* to talk through it.

But, despite his best intentions, soundbytes today will be their own conspiracies tonight.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

duploelabs wrote: »
    Delighted, it's gonna be catastrophic for him and the GOP

The recent events just show the pretty rotten situation the GOP find themselves in.

By enabling and ignoring Trump and his crap they have created this monster.

Trump and his antics are toxic outside of his based , but his base are so blindly loyal that they wield a ridiculous amount of power in their ability to get Primary challengers elected etc. etc.

I don't have an ounce of sympathy for them , but it's difficult to see how they extricate themselves from the Mexican stand-off they have created for themselves.

• Advertisement

Trying to watch the whole hearing but on the live feed Johnson is throwing a fit, shouting, and letting his own subcommittee descend into rancor. Yelling about Hillary and the Steele Dossier. So you can tell how sensible this has become. Yeesh.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Pompeo's Christmas party falls flat as fewer than 70 of the 900 invited guests show up over superspreader fears

Also

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has gone into quarantine after coming into contact with someone who tested positive for the coronavirus.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Pompeo's Christmas party falls flat as fewer than 70 of the 900 invited guests show up over superspreader fear.

https://twitter.com/CREWcrew/status/1339229837383389185?s=19

More than one party it seems and all at the taxpayers' expense.

Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has gone into quarantine after coming into contact with someone who tested positive for the coronavirus.

It's a good thing nobody showed up to his party - not even himself. He apparently didn't show up because of the abysmal RSVP rate.

https://twitter.com/John_Hudson/status/1339024062341935104?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

https://twitter.com/CREWcrew/status/1339229837383389185?s=19

More than one party it seems and all at the taxpayers' expense.

Might as well seeing as they’re going.

Draining the swamp indeed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Maga brigade are demanding Mitch McConnell resign.

Just a thought. I wonder if the Dems own Parler, OANN and Newsmax.

Just a thought. I wonder if the Dems own Parler, OANN and Newsmax.

Well they definitely own Newsmax, they started calling Biden the President-Elect. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

Havent seen any Trump fans in this thread for a long while. Just a random observation.

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    Havent seen any Trump fans in this thread for a long while. Just a random observation.

The majority have probably headed off to the afore-mentioned safe space

• Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Theres one that still pops in every now and again with week old and therefore already debunked conspiracy theories, that they try to back up with unsourced screenshots of vaguely impressive looking documents full of big important words that actually as you would expect contain absolutely anything of substance.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Christy42

I find the sub groups that are appearing fascinating. Q is also now ridiculed on Donald.win. Course the only people they don't hate seem to be Donald, Rudi, Flynn, Sydney and they are on the fence about Pence. Everyone else is against them with the majority needing torture/execution. Except 75% of the country is with them and voted for Donald and he secretly won all the states. A few are willing to concede he might not have won California.

Not sure how they square those 2 beliefs but anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,737 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

At least it's unequivocal who the snowflakes are, though I'm sure some might pop around after "being busy in RL". Maybe the 2022 senate races will stir a few, or Biden's first scandal.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I just watched a recent white house briefing, where the lady went on about how great Trump was at developing the vaccine.

My first thought was this is exactly like a North Korean news broadcast. That is how low the quality coming out of the WH has become

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

VinLieger wrote: »
    Theres one that still pops in every now and again with week old and therefore already debunked conspiracy theories, that they try to back up with unsourced screenshots of vaguely impressive looking documents full of big important words that actually as you would expect contain absolutely anything of substance.

That one's definitely not a Trump supporter. He's just fond of conspiracy theories.

Unless we're thinking of two different posters which, to be fair, we could easily be.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

joe40 wrote: »
    I just watched a recent white house briefing, where the lady went on about how great Trump was at developing the vaccine.

My first thought was this is exactly like a North Korean news broadcast. That is how low the quality coming out of the WH has become

If that was the press secretary, she recently announced that the vaccines should be named after Trump. As someone said earlier in the thread, we're at Jim Jones levels of devotion now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭drogon.

Funny listen this, it is amazing how the narrative changes so quickly !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭Dillonb3

drogon. wrote: »
    Funny listen this, it is amazing how the narrative changes so quickly !

Ron Johnson really is a muppet, I remember he lost his head during one of the hearings with Jack Dorsey because someone posted a tweet about him murdering his neighbor's dog even though it was obviously a pisstake

It's thin elsewhere as well.

Dillonb3 wrote: »
    Ron Johnson really is a muppet, I remember he lost his head during one of the hearings with Jack Dorsey because someone posted a tweet about him murdering his neighbor's dog even though it was obviously a pisstake

That tells you how thin their filter is between hearing an allegation and accepting it as fact, almost as if he read the tweet and in his brain he automatically suspected he had murdered his neighbors dog during a memory lapse.

'this was the largest attended inauguration ever, period'

In fairness, the precident was set from the get go

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

'this was the largest attended inauguration ever, period'

In fairness, the precident was set from the get go

you could say *dons sunglasses* the president set a precedent

you could say *dons sunglasses* the president set a precedent

And I'm the one who gets ripped for my 'dis-putin the election results' comment???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

https://youtu.be/f9y9iWLr4q0

This was the clip I was talking about. From the first few mins you would think Trump was instrumental in developing the actual vaccine

https://youtu.be/f9y9iWLr4q0

This was the clip I was talking about. From the first few mins you would think Trump was instrumental in developing the actual vaccine

He gave his personal assurance to all those working on developing a vaccine that they would have access to all the bleach they could possibly need.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

And I'm the one who gets ripped for my 'dis-putin the election results' comment???

You're just jealous you didnt think of it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement