Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,747 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

CNN talking about launch codes, and fact he has his finger on a button and can push it any time. COME ON, Trump has fired less bullets than any president. So no chance he'd fire a nuclear missile .
    This is far left media for you.

You haven't a clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,559 ✭✭✭✭breezy1985

Akrasia wrote: »
    yeah, but only if your mean thugs with backpacks full of pipebombs, guns and assorted weapons marching on the capital with the intention to take over the government and overthrow the results of a democratic election under the instruction of an authoritarian political leader who promises them glory and wealth if they can defeat the rest of civil society in order to subjugate minorities and political opponents in a new order that promotes christian family values over equality and liberty for all.

Fascists dress in black and go around telling people what to do, whereas... Trump fans.....

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

There's a possible selfish motive to motivate some GOPers to find their consciences, in that if convicted they could prevent him running and thus have a better shot at being candidate next time themselves. The fact there'll be no debate also means they can vote without having their faces all over it.

This also, arguably, makes the 25th more attractive to Pence. Call for the 25th and at the last minute pardon Trump with the transferred powers, then claim it was all part of some plan they both arranged.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

or in other words, sucking at the same teat as the GOP and don't want to stray too far from the milk supply....

They're exactly the words and why the system needs to change over there in a very real way.
    The Democratic party voters are far far closer to western liberal values than the DNC party is, but they're locked in a deal with the devil where they feel they need money to win elections and their voters interests do not align with their donors interests.

And there are no real options for them to vote for other than the not-as-conservative-as-Repulicans Democratic Party, who are more like the Republicans than their voters would like to think.

America is a one party system, with two very slightly different flavours that play a silly game of tweedle dum/tweedle dee every 4 years.
    A proper cleanout is required of that whole corrupt system.

Yep. But we'll be long dead before that happens.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭batman75

Donald J Trump will surely go down as the worst president in the history of the USA. His very election was the ultimate humiliation of Hillary Clinton. Indeed his inept Presidency must add salt to Hillary's wounds. The storming of the Capitol building with his tacit support will go down as the low point of his Presidency and has ruined any good he may have accomplished during four years at the White House.
    His not going to Joe Biden's inauguration is another piece of childish tantrum behaviour. He can't even be dignified in leaving office. Let's hope nobody of his ilk gets next or near being President again. He is living proof of money not equalling class.
    It is true not everybody that occupied the White House was holier than thou or white than white but at least most executed their duties with a dignity appropriate to the office. Bill Clinton is probably the only one in my lifetime who besmirched the office of Presidency outwit Trump.
    I wonder will the whole truth about Jeffrey Epstein, Trump and Bill Clinton ever come out. His death was very convenient for a lot of powerful people in the US.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Endintheclowns

Going to be a complete sh1tshow on the 20th. If Trump get's impeached literally anything can happen then.

batman75 wrote: »
    Donald J Trump will surely go down as the worst president in the history of the USA. His very election was the ultimate humiliation of Hillary Clinton. Indeed his inept Presidency must add salt to Hillary's wounds. The storming of the Capitol building with his tacit support will go down as the low point of his Presidency and has ruined any good he may have accomplished during four years at the White House.
    His not going to Joe Biden's inauguration is another piece of childish tantrum behaviour. He can't even be dignified in leaving office. Let's hope nobody of his ilk gets next or near being President again. He is living proof of money not equalling class.
    It is true not everybody that occupied the White House was holier than thou or white than white but at least most executed their duties with a dignity appropriate to the office. Bill Clinton is probably the only one in my lifetime who besmirched the office of Presidency outwit Trump.
    I wonder will the whole truth about Jeffrey Epstein, Trump and Bill Clinton ever come out. His death was very convenient for a lot of powerful people in the US.

Definitely the worst in history but Trump is just a symptom of a broken America. America was screwed long before Trump came along.

I don't have a bad word bad enough for Donald Trump.

https://twitter.com/mccarthyryanj/status/1347675916651134981

How is it possible to be so warped as to phone people as under siege from neo nazis planning on executing some of them to ask them to overturn an election, and not even seem to think it's weird, never mind monstrous.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Funny how everyone is piling in with righteous indignation now. It's kind of like they are weasly little turds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,747 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

https://twitter.com/AsteadWesley/status/1347676753096044544?s=19

When a democracy is in fear of Insurrection/terrorists it's best to let things go quietly into the night, hope they don't come back again.

That guy ain't going anywhere, he's said in his tweets today, he's said it on Wednesday. There is his kids to follow in his foot steps, there is others that will follow in his foot steps...

Keep hearing this word these last few years "precident", if a precident is allowed to be set, others will follow that line.. a line needs to be drawn in the sand by both D's and R's.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I don't have a bad word bad enough for Donald Trump.

https://twitter.com/mccarthyryanj/status/1347675916651134981

How is it possible to be so warped as to phone people as under siege from neo nazis planning on executing some of them to ask them to overturn an election, and not even seem to think it's weird, never mind monstrous.

So while his mob was storming the Capitol he was still personally pressuring Senators to overturn the election. He's worse than a Mafia boss. Utterly depraved. Add this to the Articles of Impeachment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

namloc1980 wrote: »
    So while his mob was storming the Capitol he was still personally pressuring Senators to overturn the election. He's worse than a Mafia boss. Utterly depraved. Add this to the Articles of Impeachment.

Depraved or dumb? I wouldn't discount the possibility that he is incapable of realising that the moment may have been unfortunate.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Twitter explanation of their decision to suspend his account

https://blog.twitter.com/en_us/topics/company/2020/suspension.html

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

'Suspended' implies temporary I thought. Permanently suspended? Are they saying he's blocked forever?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

"After close review of recent Tweets..."

How close a bleedin review did they need? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,160 ✭✭✭jojofizzio

'Suspended' implies temporary I thought. Permanently suspended? Are they saying he's blocked forever?

With any luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

FCC as well social media giants need to take huge chunk of responsibility.

They through Fox News, Sinclair media, Newsmax, OAN, talk radio, Youtube, Reddit, twtter, Facebook have allowed this far right, conspiracy theory movement to grow pretty much unabated.

Instead of clamping down early it's continued to grow to a point that now 50% of Trump voters and 25% of registered voters overall believe everything Trump says and think he has been sent by god to squash the Democrats paedophile sex ring.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

Permanently suspended is Twitter speak for permanent ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,599 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

That would be my reading of it.

tenor.gif?itemid=9202968

• Registered Users Posts: 19,826 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

The ****ing sad part about it is that there *may* be more people that will speak out against him, now that he has been muted.

#ProfilesInCourage

Wow thats going to rile up a lot more Trump supporters before the 20th and add fuel to the fire.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

everlast75 wrote: »
    The ****ing sad part about it is that there *may* be more people that will speak out against him, now that he has been muted.

#ProfilesInCourage

Fcuk him. There are lies and there are truths. People have brains and they have eyes to see. It's not rocket science. You have been and are a deluded moron or you think Trump is a turd. Sin é.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,186 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Pointless banning really. The damage is long done at this point, he has turned all those supporters fully feral by being allowed to do that shít for as long as he has.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭BringBackMick

He will be fuming!!! Is there a rogue twitter that he has an account on!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Would anyone pay good money to be a fly on the wall when don finds out, I would

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement