Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 933 ✭✭✭jamule

Twitter just banned Trump permanently and Pelosi is looking for his head.

Do you think they are going to want to listen now?

They just went through a year of the statues of Lincoln Washington and Jefferson being torn down across their country with police being murdered property looted and burned by mobs of insane Democrats.

jaysus lad will ya give up. Vlad isn't gonna pay you this month

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

They just went through a year of the statues of Lincoln Washington and Jefferson being torn down across their country with police being murdered property looted and burned by mobs of insane Democrats.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭JohnFalstaff

It sets a dangerous precedent for everyone's freedom of expression regardless where on the political spectrum they may be.

Fascists frequently weaponise free speech absolutism.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Biden and Harris and Pelosi endorsed BLM last year.

Why aren't they banned for inciting violence?

Because they didn't tweet traitorous and egotistical sh1te.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

No it isn't. There is no definition of censorship which says it is only public.

From wiki ( and pretty much everywhere else).

Censorship is the suppression of speech, public communication, or other information, on the basis that such material is considered objectionable, harmful, sensitive, or "inconvenient."[2][3][4] Censorship can be conducted by governments,[5] private institutions, and other controlling bodies.

Also here is what oxymoron means.

a figure of speech in which apparently contradictory terms appear in conjunction (e.g. faith unfaithful kept him falsely true ).

So who knows what you are going for there. Unless you think that private is contradictory to censorship.

Twitter simply aren't hosting his content. They're not trying to prevent him from posting his content or spreading messages elsewhere. They have not suppressed his ability to speak.

If you don't let me make a speech in your house, you have not censored me. If you stop me making a speech anywhere, you have censored me, and that would be private censorship.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

You would get a more enthusiastic response to the shiite you post here: https://parler.com/

Can even go follow the Tangerine One on there

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1347692261816070147

• Registered Users Posts: 83,599 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

No. Defacto is not good enough. The Republicans need to help to push it through and push him out to make a statement. Even if it is only for a few days. They need to end it in control of the situation and try to start washing themselves of him.

Will they do it? Possibly given that the Republicans can do it to save him from being impeached.

Would he be impeached? I'd say it would be close enough. That said, some the Democrats who were drafting the articles, such as Omar, are particularly detested by Republicans. When I saw her pushing it I thought that that might backfire. I would have preferred to see it being driven by a Democrat who is considered less extreme by Republicans

I fully agree, but the worst likely thing to me right now that he can do is blanket pardons. If they can at least prevent that from happening if, or while they impeach him, that is a win for the justice column.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

749631.jpg?b64lines=CiBUSEFUIE5FVkVSLCBVSCwgSEFQUEVORUQsCiBESUQgSVQsc2Ftc29uc21hc2hlcj8=

• Registered Users Posts: 19,827 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You'd swear the ****er didn't have the press Secretary and the daily brief to spout his BS.

"Oh no, he's completely muted!"

He was warned.

Repeatedly.

And thick as sh1t as he is, he didn't learn his lesson.

I guess he'll have to think of something else to do while struggling to bend out a fresh biscuit on the jax.

Bollox. What happened yesterday was the greatest threat to democracy in the US in the past two centuries.

A few lads running amok was no threat to anything really. In any case the US is an oligarchy and a plutocracy, not in any sense - except by hollow formulaic procedures, is it a democracy.

• Advertisement

A few lads running amok was no threat to anything really.

Complete and utter bullsh1t.

Try again and see if I can get passed your first sentence

They believe that both law and order have been usurped by the Democrat steal. They do not recognize Biden as the legitimate President they do not recognise the Senate and Congress as representing the will of the people by endorsing Biden's electors. They believe the Supreme Court reneged on its duty to rule in favour of the challenge to the legitimacy of the election.

In other words the are suffering as mass delusion

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The state of everything this fella has posted over the last couple of days

In other news it seems BLM have infiltrated the Police Department

https://twitter.com/alvinmchaga/status/1347014088048701441?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 22,431 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

As T. S. Elliot wrote:
    "Not with a bang but with a whimper."
    Trump has conceded and will leave office on Jan 20th.
    Impeaching him will not just relight a smouldering candle but ignite an inferno.
    There wouldn't be a return of violence to disrupt the inpeachment hearings and final vote?
    If they can't get through the ring of steel then Congressmen and Senators when they return to their home states will need double or triple their current protection.
    The MAGA crowd are mad as hell and they will make the next 4 years impossible for Biden et al.
    Biden is going to be foolhardy during the next 4 years if he visits red states and isn't prepared for serious civil disturbances. Impeaching Trump is a huge mistake. He has conceded and Biden is taking over. He's talking about getting special powers and the Democrats are baying for blood. He's talking about reparations for black slavery which white conservatives will refuse to pay. He's talking about taking away firearms.
    He never heard of "Come And Take It" then?
    If Trump is banned for life he will just switch from Twitter to Parler and take his followers with him. And if Biden goes too far red states like Texas may simply secede and take other red states with them and elect Trump as their President.
    Be careful what you wish for.
    If Trump were to go on trial it would lead to a firestorm.

Yeah but TS Eliot also wrote ‘the Jelicle Cats’ which was pretty awful even for a kids poem

• Registered Users Posts: 83,599 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Amirani wrote: »
    Twitter simply aren't hosting his content. They're not trying to prevent him from posting his content or spreading messages elsewhere. They have not suppressed his ability to speak.

If you don't let me make a speech in your house, you have not censored me. If you stop me making a speech anywhere, you have censored me, and that would be private censorship.

Oh don’t bother with the “muh censorship caucus.”

Censorship happens often and is not evil. If I come to your house with an axe, wake you up in the middle of the night to cut through your door, and drag you out of your house and put you in my truck, that might sound like a very terrifying kidnapping - unless I’m a firefighter. Context matters, is my point. #Beau

Similarly if I censor someone for saying god bless you, that would be wrong. If I banned them for inciting violence? Damn straight that is justified. More justified than censoring swear words on television, or blurring out nipples.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Trumo agreed, like every other user, to Twitters Terms of Service when he set up his account.

The fact that he's violated pretty much every one of them puts him in breach of that agreement with Twitter, and they are 100% within their rights to remove his service.

Fact that they should have done it years ago (back when he started pushing the Obama Birther nonsense would have been ideal) is a conversation for another day, but there is NO CENSORSHIP at play.

Trump is well within his rights to set up his own platform if he wants his nonsense heard, other platforms are not obliged to host him.

He will have a problem if it is true that apple have given parler 24hrs to get their house in order or the app gets pulled. I can see any company associated with trump having difficulty withe store access

• Registered Users Posts: 28,500 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Biden and Harris and Pelosi endorsed BLM last year.

Why aren't they banned for inciting violence?

I really wonder what you're trying to achieve with your ridiculous points.

You're spouting falsehoods all day and now saying Twitter are breaching freedom of expression for banning somebody on their own private platform.

Just like you here on Boards, you can't just say what you want and if you got banned here there's nothing you can do about it.

People don't have right to free speech on private websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

A few lads running amok was no threat to anything really. In any case the US is an oligarchy and a plutocracy, not in any sense - except by hollow formulaic procedures, is it a democracy.

Yes. It is both those things. As are many functioning democracies. At the same time, the US was a relatively functioning as a democracy. You can wander down semantic and pedantic rabbit holes if you like. The truth and reality is that what happened yesterday was an affront to democracy and democratic principles. It wasn't a "few lads running amok". That happens outside chippers on Saturday night. This was different. The comparison is invidious.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,740 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Parler will probably be gone by Monday, at least from the Apple and Google stores.

As for the second point in bold. Trump/the Republicans claimed to be the party of Law and Order. Are you saying that that is going to change?

Gone from Google just now.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Congrats to twitter for making sure we get a much worse version of Trump in 4 years time.

They just couldn't help themselves and they had to pull the trigger early. They've played right into the narrative that he and his supporters are being silenced.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Big tech coup running live...

Congrats to twitter for making sure we get a much worse version of Trump in 4 years time.

They just couldn't help themselves and they had to pull the trigger early. They've played right into the narrative that he and his supporters are being silenced.

Jesus Christ.

Can you even try to sound genuine in your "outrage"?

It's ****ing tedious at this stage.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

You only have to wait 2 weeks for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

I am torn between stopping the crazy Q people from plotting on parler and stopping Donald Tweeting and the fact that this plays into their conspiracy theories.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

I am torn between stopping the crazy Q people from plotting on parler and stopping Tweeting and the fact that this plays into their conspiracy theories.

Yeah, by turning them into conspiracy facts.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

murpho999 wrote: »
    People don't have right to free speech on private websites.

And when they make private websites they get their hosting struck down/compromised, but they don't have a 'right' to that either. When they try to get funded the payment processors blacklist them, they don't have a right to those too? It's impossible for anyone but big corporations to set have their own hosting, DDoS protection, payment processing etc and that's just the way they like it.

ais27l8mpbv11.png

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,500 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Trump won't be running in four years time.

He's a political dead duck, nobody with any credibility will support him.

Anyhow, blame Trump for being banned and not Twitter.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement