Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I'm not saying everyone who likes it is right wing but there's definitely an overlap there.

I'm not a Rogan fan, but I did hear him giving a very favourable interview to Bernie Sanders. He may have came out in support but open to correction there.

If you think it won't grow you are truly deluded.

Suppressing free speech be you agree with it or not won't end well in America.

As i keep saying the Trumpers aren't going away, yeah it might not be Trump they vote for but what happens when someone with actual intelligence comes along to give them an outlet for their views.

Removing a personality who actively incited violence. He's the President for another 12 days if he isn't removed so he can do a few press conferences so not exactly restricted free speech. After that, he's a disgraced politician who will unfortunately still get air time at times.

So bs to claim restricted free speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

As i keep saying the Trumpers aren't going away, yeah it might not be Trump they vote for but what happens when someone with actual intelligence comes along to give them an outlet for their views.

Twitter isn't a few speech platform, never has been. No surprise the Trumpists are all confused though and think this is suppression of free speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Christy42

It will be interesting to see how many Trumpers there really are and how many are happy with a more moderate person with an R next to their name.

They aren't going away but history has shown you can't appease nazis anyway so this is how it will have to go. I take it after the protests with nazi flags, the pro holocaust clothes at the capitol coup, the white supremacist flags hung in the capitol that we can say that Trump has a serious Nazi following at this point?

I mean not all the 75 million are nazis but I reckon the non nazis will be pretty pleased when the Republican party calms down a bit (and I reckon that is the majority).

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 138 ✭✭Endintheclowns

Fans of the Joe Rogan show also being fans of right wing loudmouths? I'm shocked.

They should ban Joe Rogan, that'll teach em.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

The Women's March was a peaceful... March, clue's in the name. Despite their enormous numbers, far greater than Trump's cultists, they did not attempt to overturn the election by force. Protest is a right. An armed incursion onto closed federal property with the stated aim of enacting a subversionary death threat is not. The right wing are surely not so fragile that they consider not being softsoaped as equivalent to attempting a coup
    ... are they?

You know you're lying about Russia's involvement because you've had the related FBI link provided several times. Here it is again:
    https://www.fbi.gov/wanted/cyber/russian-interference-in-2016-u-s-elections
    Looks like the hacking referred to there is that which exposed Hilary Clintons anti democratic actions thru use of a parallel IT infrastructure, and the many emails it contained. Not proven it was Russian attack it could be numerous other organisations. But is exposing he truth an attack on the election????
    Good to know. Maybe it was the 500 dollars of meme/ads some Russian embassy paid for was the REAL source of losing the election?
    Pathetic.
    Hilary who had her questions handed to her before debates, who disposed of her competition in Bernie... Barack Obama undertook surveillence of trump before he was elected...yeah I know what I think is more anti democratic process.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The Dems didn't accept the election results in 16. We had huge upwelling of anger celebration sessions in the "Not my president / this is my pussy" riots.
    We had massive organised campaign of spreading falsehoods of Russiagate.
    It was completely bogus and an attack on democracy celebrated across the left and MSM. A proven falsehood and racist to boot. Daily attacks by dragging Russia's name through the mud using falsehoods is racism... of course it's PC racism, so that's OK.

Every single sentence in this post is a lie. Impressive stuff, the Dear Leader would be proud.

I'd love to see what certain posters who are no longer around would have said about the latest stuff. I suspect certain posters would have claimed the insurrection to be justified.

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

everlast75 wrote: »
    This is an incredible listen.

I highly recommend it.

https://pca.st/episode/e65bc157-03d4-4880-8ed2-7006c5331013

Listened to it yesterday, it is fantastic.

The previous day's one (Thursday) was also excellent, featuring three reporters who were there. One of them, you can hear the fear and quaver in her voice as she records voice notes while they were all in the secure location.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,174 ✭✭✭✭flazio

There still is a blue ticked Trump account out there. The Trump campaign team have an account aptly named @TrumpWarRoom
    So far nothing explosive in there yet but if perhaps you feel like reporting it anyway.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,736 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The delusion here is anyone thinking Trump would get even Ten million votes if he ran on his own ticket.

You are completely underestimating the allegiance many have to their 'team' in the 2 party system in the US.

I've no doubt someone with intelligence will appear on the Republican ticket eventually but given before Trump they had George W who himself was derided as being more of a mouth piece for the people behind him than his own man and as long as Ted Cruz and Mike Pence are likely to seek nomination I will hold my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I'd love to see what certain posters who are no longer around would have said about the latest stuff. I suspect certain posters would have claimed the insurrection to be justified.

I’m going to say the opposite that they know it isn’t justified and can’t face the inevitable “I told you so” posts so are staying away in shame.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,573 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

flazio wrote: »
    There still is a blue ticked Trump account out there. The Trump campaign team have an account aptly named @TrumpWarRoom
    So far nothing explosive in there yet but if perhaps you feel like reporting it anyway.....
    Why though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,708 ✭✭✭firemansam4

Don't normally follow US politics that much, and I would not really consider my political beliefs left wing in any way.
    But I'm astounded at how people seem to defend Trump and all his actions no matter what he seems to do.

In my mind he has been the most embarrassing leader the US has ever had, its an indictment on the nation that he somehow managed to get elected President there, and still managed to get as close as he did to being reelected again.

Now after everything he has done through his presidency, the complete mess he has made of the Covid situation over there and now everything he has done since the election, being directly responsible for the insurrection that just occurred.
    There are still Trump fans here defending him trying to come up with all forms of whataboutery to justify what happened. It's quite remarkable really....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Smee_Again wrote: »
    I’m going to say the opposite that they know it isn’t justified and can’t face the inevitable “I told you so” posts so are staying away in shame.

Most disappeared the day after the election when they realised Trump was finished, a few die hards stuck around to fight the good fight but the most obnoxious and vocal welped off into the sunset with their tails between their legs.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,659 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Don't normally follow US politics that much, and I would not really consider my political beliefs left wing in any way.
    But I'm astounded at how people seem to defend Trump and all his actions no matter what he seems to do.

In my mind he has been the most embarrassing leader the US has ever had, its an indictment on the nation that he somehow managed to get elected President there, and still managed to get as close as he did to being reelected again.

Now after everything he has done through his presidency, the complete mess he has made of the Covid situation over there and now everything he has done since the election, being directly responsible for the insurrection that just occurred.
    There are still Trump supporters here defending him trying to come up with all forms of whataboutery to justify what happened. It's quite remarkable really....

If you viewed it as the cult it is, youd understand why it happens

• Registered Users Posts: 725 ✭✭✭drogon.

sydthebeat wrote: »
    If you viewed it as the cult it is, youd understand why it happens

I would assume that is why in the 20th Century, America has probably had the most number of cults. Correct me if I am wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

drogon. wrote: »
    I would assume that is why in the 20th Century, America has probably had the most number of cults. Correct me if I am wrong

#winning!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

There are still Trump fans here defending him trying to come up with all forms of whataboutery to justify what happened. It's quite remarkable really....
    The political parties media, voters no one is without blame. How America ended up with a vote between Trump and Hilary, or with Biden... it is a huge indictment of the political process. The likes of Tulsi Gabbard could have been far better president than Biden... but Biden won.. so there ya go.
    A 3rd political party could be useful, but the US and it's people are in a beucoup difficile place right now, hard to see a way out. I'm sure the healing will begin any minute now... but first to get revenge on the Trump supporters for the previous 4 years of living under literally Hitler. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Jaded Walker

Delighted to hear Trump got banned from social media sites.
    I don't think it'll last though can see court cases over this.

I'd love if it ended these large social media sites tbh. The amount of influencers with high tech software taking control of people on these sites is frightening.

• Advertisement

Delighted to hear Trump got banned from social media sites.
    I don't think it'll last though can see court cases over this.

I'd love if it ended these large social media sites tbh. The amount of influencers with high tech software taking control of people on these sites is frightening.

Pretty sure he doesn't have a legal leg to stand on. He's violated all their terms.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Christy42

The political parties media, voters no one is without blame. How America ended up with a vote between Trump and Hilary, or with Biden... it is a huge indictment of the political process. The likes of Tulsi Gabbard could have been far better president than Biden... but Biden won.. so there ya go.
    A 3rd political party could be useful, but the US and it's people are in a beucoup difficile place right now, hard to see a way out. I'm sure the healing will begin any minute now... but first to get revenge on the Trump supporters for the previous 4 years of living under literally Hitler. :pac:

Enforcing rules and laws =/= revenge. I have no idea why you would think otherwise however a certain sect of society seems to think they don't apply to them and are finding out otherwise now.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,893 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

drogon. wrote: »

Autocorrect?

• embraer170 wrote: »
    I did a bit of research into those. Apparently they were filmed before Trump's speech.

Before/after, it's irrelevant.

He still got up on stage and incited the mob to march on the capitol.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,650 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

Republicans are faced with a difficult choice.

They can promote a Trump-esque character (more refined, less obnoxious, less openly narcissistic) and chase the 70+ million votes Trump got. 4 years from now, without Trump as the bogeyman, that might be enough to win, but they'll alienate centrists all the way.

Or they can move away from that kind of politics and try to go back to more traditional Republicanism, which would appeal to centrists. But then they need to be wary of Trump, a Trump family member, or just a Trump-esque independent potentially splitting their vote and handing victories to the Democrats.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Gabbard is absolutely awful. Just a younger, female, far less charismatic version of Trump.

Not surprising voters rejected her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭paw patrol

rossie1977 wrote: »
    Gabbard is absolutely awful. Just a younger, female, far less charismatic version of Trump.

Not surprising voters rejected her

her anti-war stance is just heinous and affront to the sanctity of the industrial military complex and US dollar hegemony on world trade
    the absolute neck of her.
    :rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

The left and liberals cheering on Big Tech billionaires who now have the power to censor the sitting President of the United States.
    If Big Tech was right wing they would have censored Bernie Sanders.
    They are purging and deplatforming right wingers and conservatives from their platforms.
    Do liberals and left wingers not understand they will also be commanded to conform with the narrative or join their enemies in the outer darkness?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

This will lead to:
    Trump setting up his one news channel (something people always thought would happen), taking his supporters with him.
    Trump setting up his own social network, taking his supporters with him.
    Trump setting up his own financial services company, taking his supporters with him.

It could lead Trump to become a hundred billionaire.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Police have announced that a pickup truck with guns and bombs has been found nearby

https://nbc-2.com/news/national-world/2021/01/08/police-found-a-pickup-truck-full-of-bombs-and-guns-near-capitol-feds-say/
    WASHINGTON — An Alabama man allegedly parked a pickup truck packed with 11 homemade bombs, an assault rifle and a handgun just two blocks form the United States Capitol Building, according to federal prosecutors.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement