Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

This will lead to:
    Trump setting up his one news channel (something people always thought would happen), taking his supporters with him.
    Trump setting up his own social network, taking his supporters with him.
    Trump setting up his own financial services company, taking his supporters with him.

It could lead Trump to become a hundred billionaire.

Trump is going to prison I imagine.

I imagine one of his competent lawyers has explained his exposure.

It's one the of reasons for his lunacy of trying to remain President.

There will also be huge pressure for the next DOJ to setup a wide spread criminal investigation into the insurrection.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭This is it

The left and liberals cheering on Big Tech billionaires who now have the power to censor the sitting President of the United States.
    If Big Tech was right wing they would have censored Bernie Sanders.
    They are purging and deplatforming right wingers and conservatives from their platforms.
    Do liberals and left wingers not understand they will also be commanded to conform with the narrative or join their enemies in the outer darkness?

There are consequences to inciting an insurrection, inciting violence. Left or right you should be removed from any platform for doing so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

The Ayatollah of Iran still has a twitter account?

Islamic hate preachers still have twitter accounts?

Black Lives Matter terrorist who burned looted and murdered all summer last year still have twitter accounts?

With that said...Imagine how stupid you have to get as a leader to get banned

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Are you just link-dumping now?

This will lead to:
    Trump setting up his one news channel (something people always thought would happen), taking his supporters with him.
    Trump setting up his own social network, taking his supporters with him.
    Trump setting up his own financial services company, taking his supporters with him.

Trump starting a financial services company sounds like the funniest disaster ever. Him doing either of the other two would amount to a niche market. I also can't see anyone sane trusting him with their money. Also imagine he might not even legally be able to start such a company given his fiscal issues and regulations around finance.

Trump fans have a lot of fantasies.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

paw patrol wrote: »
    her anti-war stance is just heinous and affront to the sanctity of the industrial military complex and US dollar hegemony on world trade
    the absolute neck of her.
    :rolleyes:

Anti war..if you believe that there is some lovely beachfront property in Greenland I can recommend..

https://twitter.com/tulsigabbard/status/649458891168714752?lang=en

https://twitter.com/tulsigabbard/status/649615636088365058?lang=en

https://twitter.com/tulsigabbard/status/679066440708718592

https://twitter.com/tulsigabbard/status/649457240991100928?lang=en

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

This is it wrote: »
    There are consequences to inciting an insurrection, inciting violence. Left or right you should be removed from any platform for doing so.

This is a power grab. No more and no less.
    All alternative news views and posts will be purged.
    If anyone supports this Orwellian insanity they can't say they weren't warned.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

The Ayatollah of Iran still has a twitter account?

Islamic hate preachers still have twitter accounts?

Black Lives Matter terrorist who burned looted and murdered all summer last year still have twitter accounts?

P.O.T.U.S. ( Trump ,currently) has access to T.V. and Print media anytime he requests. They will show up. Unfortunately (for Trump), they may also be enititled to ask questions.

Trump has more access to media in this world, compared to any other human being on this planet.

It is not the kind of access he wants.Honest access.

Hyperbole. It's difficult to take you seriously. You should know this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

Ah right, twitter banning people is the power grab.

Not the tangerine dullard who repeatedly said he wouldn't concede and tried to overturn a legitimate election. Not the rednecks that marched on the Capitol with bombs and guns. Twitter is the real problem here.

I honestly love people who use Orwellian when in all likelihood, if Orwell were alive he would not care about a leader being banned on social media. He lambasted writers like HG Wells back in the day for not taking fascism seriously as a danger to the global system. It's fair to assume he would have despised Trump and his ilk, you'd most likely be calling him woke.

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭Renjit

Closet fan of Putin, it seems. Who does that remind me of?

Trumpity Trump

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Jaded Walker

The left and liberals cheering on Big Tech billionaires who now have the power to censor the sitting President of the United States.
    They are purging and deplatforming right wingers and conservatives from their platforms.
    Do liberals and left wingers not understand they will also be commanded to conform with the narrative or join their enemies in the outer darkness?

Can you please name the leaders of these two groups.
    Firstly the liberals in one group and then the left wingers in another.
    I'm asking because I don't know who you are talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

Please link to one example where Bernie Sanders has incited violence

Mitch McConnell hasn't been suspended from Twitter and why do you think that is

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

I'm pretty sure the venn diagram overlap between people labelling every event as being like 1984 and people who've actually read that book must be almost non existent.

The part that is kinda like Orwell though is autocrats labelling the media as 'enemy of the people' while also claiming to know exactly what the truth is and that the people should listen to them alone.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,977 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Juicee wrote: »
    When the cities were being destroyed and all of the associated Murder and mayhem During summer Pelosi said she “didn’t understand why there wasn’t more”. She directly incited and encouraged the mayhem. As did CNN and a multitude of other political and media heads.

I dont support or justify either side but it seems that People who do, like yourself, only see what they want to see

Look those protests were largely peaceful you must understand.
    The 2 billion dollars worth of damage done, that was just collateral damage.
    Thousands of innocent people had their homes and business destroyed.
    Cities burned for weeks, innocent people were beaten up, people were killed.
    It was like something you'd see in a third world country.

The irony of the whole BLM riots was that it was happening in mostly Democrat controlled cities and states yet somehow Trump was solely to blame for causing it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Lucy8080 wrote: »
    P.O.T.U.S. ( Trump ,currently) has access to T.V. and Print media anytime he requests. They will show up. Unfortunately (for Trump), they may also be enititled to ask questions.

Trump has more access to media in this world, compared to any other human being on this planet.

It is not the kind of access he wants.Honest access.

Trump used twitter to speak unfiltered and raw to the American people. If you wanted to see what Trump actually said you simply had to follow and read his Twitter.
    Previous Presidents depended solely on the press and TV and newspapers who selectively reported or edited what was said to fit their narrative.
    No Big Tech is doing this.

Also, it seems to missed. BLM was a massive and global protest movement that was primarily peaceful. The insurrection was primarily violent terrorism and law breaking. It wasn't a matter of small elements in the insurrection, it was the entire basis for it.
    Trump used twitter to speak unfiltered and raw to the American people. If you wanted to see what Trump actually said you simply had to follow and read his Twitter.
    Previous Presidents depended solely on the press and TV and newspapers who selectively reported or edited what was said to fit their narrative.

You okay? He destroyed his own political career. He violated the rules of social media platforms and they banned him. Everything is his own fault.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,489 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

If Trump goes onto another platform, I suspect many of those that support his removal from Twitter, will follow him on the new platform.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,176 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I dunno what is stopping Trump setting up his own twitter style app. Trumpitter
    lol

If Trump goes onto another platform, I suspect many of those that support his removal from Twitter, will follow him on the new platform.

Never followed him on Twitter and realistically don't see myself either looking at gab/parler, let alone joining. I'd imagine that's true of most people...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Christy42

A lot of people interpreted this raw and unfiltered speech as please invade the capitol, try and kill members of government and hang white supremacist flags please. They believed they were doing this in his name and for him so perhaps a bit of a time out might make him think about the effect his words have...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Never followed him on Twitter and realistically don't see myself either looking at gab/parler, let alone joining. I'd imagine that's true of most people...

Parler took off in southern states before the election as peoples "truths" were being factchecked on Facebook... mainstream media were lying...and then when the election result started to become clear...it really took off with right wing hate groups, ... Trump will feel right at home there

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Windmill100000

Imagine if Dems supporters had stormed tbe building in 2016 what Trump would have said?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

These hyperbolic posts banging on about Orwell irk me somewhat. Have you ever even read 1984?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

This will lead to:

A man who has bankrupted 6 companies, has had restrictions placed on his ability to run a charity has no chance of getting a banking or any other kind of Financial Services license.

I worked for an actual US billionaire who couldn’t get a bank license because he previously awarded building contracts to his wife, Trump has no chance.

Pretty sure he’d have to include his tax returns in any application too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭completedit

There clearly is Orwellian elements to censorship of an idealogy that doesn't fit in with the narrative pushed by companies who dominate the discourse of our society. This is now ever more prominent in this digital age we are entering. Just because it doesn't fit perfectly with the story doesn't negate it as a descriptor of what's happening. I've read the book.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,977 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

Did any police get their sculls bashed in with a fire extinguisher ?

Far worse I'm afraid.
    David Dorn a 77-year-old African-American retired police captain was shot and killed by looters .

2 policeman were ambushed and shot in their police car in Compton.

Plenty of other incidents too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,980 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

Trump can hold live presser's. You know this.

You have complained about Ayatollah's, B.L.M. terrorist's, (your words) and Islamic hate preacher's still having access to twitter ,whilst trying to make out that poor old Donald, who has access to world media on request, is some kind of martyr!

Cop on!

Write a letter to the White House and inform Donald about Live press conference's.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement