Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    All this "Big Tech" nonsense in this thread in the past 24 hours is absolutely cringeworthy. If people can't understand the difference between "freedom of speech" and inciting hatred/spewing lies, then I don't think anyone can help them at this point.

Trump has used his Twitter platform to spread downright lies and nonsense to over 80 million followers. That is incredibly damaging to the fabric of society. There should rightly be a debate on how social media platforms regulate and moderate that sort of thing in the future, but at the end of the day, tell lies and face the consequences. It's about time Trump faced them. Long overdue.

The problem is that some are allowed to fook around, others are not.

When a gigantic company can so easily shape public opinion to suit themselves through manipulation, it's a big problem, and one that needs fixing immediately.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

Gradius wrote: »
    The problem is that some are allowed to fook around, others are not.

When a gigantic company can so easily shape public opinion to suit themselves through manipulation, it's a big problem, and one that needs fixing immediately.

Like Fox News.

feargale wrote: »
    Like Fox News.

Yes, like "insert example" here. It's rampant.

Precisely.

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Jaded Walker

This is genuinely one of the funniest things I've read on here. Fair play.

It's funny but there's a real possibility that he could set up his own social media site and it'd be huge.
    Let's be honest, there's hundreds of people on here who despise Trump but followed him on Twitter to report his comments and attack.them. They are going to sign up for his site,if he starts one, just to have access to his comments.
    It's quite frightening to.think.this could happen but it really could.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

namloc1980 wrote: »
    He ain't smiling now!

Disgusting! Arrested for taking a stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

feargale wrote: »
    Like Fox News.

Like Trump

Disgusting! Arrested for taking a stand.

Well played

salmocab wrote: »
    Like Trump

Yes, yes, very good.

Any examples of things that go against your personal beliefs, or does your brain break at that point?

Everyone loves censorship when it suits, everyone hates it when it doesn't.

The glaring, blaring hypocrisy, it's funny :)

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The guy who sat in Pelosis chair and put his feet on her desk has been arrested.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/08/fbi-arrest-rioter-pelosi-office-456580

He doesn't look so happy in his mugshot

ErPLz8VXcAISkRI?format=png&name=small

Yes, yes, very good.

Any examples of things that go against your personal beliefs, or does your brain break at that point?

No but I’m sure someone with a brilliant brain like yours can come up with some examples for me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

It's funny but there's a real possibility that he could set up his own social media site and it'd be huge.
    Let's be honest, there's hundreds of people on here who despise Trump but followed him on Twitter to report his comments and attack.them. They are going to sign up for his site,if he starts one, just to have access to his comments.
    It's quite frightening to.think.this could happen but it really could.

Like I said, it is going to happen. He is not isolated, that is bull****. When was the last time you had 75 million people vote for you?

Nah, this only the beginning of Trump, a taste sample, a hors d'oeuvre.

To quote the master tweeter himself ; "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters,"

...and he was right, and continue to be...

so a few people were asking yesterday was it really worthwhile impeaching trump at this late stage. By impeachment I mean convicted in the senate. and it seems it is very worth while. apart from banning him from running for further public office it also has the following ramifications:

he loses his presidential pension
    he loses the health insurance given to ex-presidents
    He loses the office space and staff allocated to ex-presidents
    he loses the protection of the secret service

the last is probably the biggest thing. he wont be able to give the Secret Service padded bills for staying in mar a lago and also have to pay for his own protection.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Sonics2k wrote: »
    So you want the Government to regulate and determine what social media can be used for. Do we include the press and media in this?

Sounds an awful lot like communism to me.

Isn't this what Trump wants to do with social media looking to eliminate protections for what can be put on social media?

No but I’m sure someone with a brilliant brain like yours can come up with some examples for me.

"No"

Well no point in going further then, is there? You've admitted in one word that you're implicitly biased.

It's people that "think" like you that need to be kept far away from influencing positions. The championing of unfairness, inequality, and common nonsense. Just once it suits, that's all that matters.

These platforms need to be spanked into reality, the sooner the better.

Yes, yes, very good.

Poor you.

I hope for your sake he gets to pardon himself before they 25th amendment him out of there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

He ain't smiling now!

Next-level Florida Man.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,470 ✭✭✭✭Alun

so a few people were asking yesterday was it really worthwhile impeaching trump at this late stage. By impeachment I mean convicted in the senate. and it seems it is very worth while. apart from banning him from running for further public office it also has the following ramifications:

As a matter of interest, does he also get excluded from the security briefings?

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭SpacialNeeds

The guy who sat in Pelosis chair and put his feet on her desk has been arrested.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/08/fbi-arrest-rioter-pelosi-office-456580

He doesn't look so happy in his mugshot

ErPLz8VXcAISkRI?format=png&name=small
    He'll get at least five years for mail fraud.

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    Poor you.

I hope for your sake he gets to pardon himself before they 25th amendment him out of there.

Bias showing its arse again.

Nowhere did I mention Trump, that's your brain dreaming. I simply stated the obvious, that different rules for different people is unfair and, considering the impact these companies have, downright dangerous.

the last is probably the biggest thing. he wont be able to give the Secret Service padded bills for staying in mar a lago and also have to pay for his own protection.

Banning him from running in the future is probably the one that'll impact him most, as it'll turn off the tap of constant "fundraising" via dodgy PACs if he's prohibited from being a candidate.

No doubt they'll try and circumvent it by putting up Ivanka or Junior as the candidate instead and continue the grift in such a fashion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,459 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Alun wrote: »

Yup.
    And his pension, travel allowance, and security detail (it'll be tougher on rikers Island I guess without).

He essentially becomes Joe public, although I'm not sure if he loses the title of president once he's ejected

Alun wrote: »

well they finish on the 20th anyway but i'm not sure if they will stop while the process of impeachment is ongoing. probably not. they will end as soon as the senate convicts him.

Warning: distributing video of the Trump mob attacking and injuring law enforcement.

BuT iT wAs pEaCeFuL!

Lost in the noise, one of the escaped mental patients that Trump retains as legal council is getting her comeuppance.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1347581589543399427

Nowhere did I mention Trump, that's your brain dreaming. I simply stated the obvious, that different rules for different people is unfair and, considering the impact these companies have, downright dangerous.

What makes you think Trump doesn't have a platform now that Twitter blocked his account?

Please reconsider your thought about what constitutes different rules for different people. Take the time to mull over this.

different rules for different people is unfair, that is correct. for the last few years a completely different set of rules have been applied to Trumps twitter account. they only banned him when they started applying the same rules to him that they applied to everybody else. There was a guy who setup a twitter that posted the same text as trump, verbatim. he was banned 4 times in the first 6 months.

Like I said, it is going to happen. He is not isolated, that is bull****. When was the last time you had 75 million people vote for you?

Nah, this only the beginning of Trump, a taste sample, a hors d'oeuvre.

To quote the master tweeter himself ; "I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue and shoot somebody and I wouldn't lose voters,"

...and he was right, and continue to be...

If you were in America, I reckon you'd have been on Capitol Hill the other day with the rest of the rednecks.

FYI- on CNN earlier today, an ex Republican Senator said "Trumpism is dead- it has no sustainable ideals, it's a cul de sac that the Republican party have now to back out of"

Even if a few million Americans think that Trump is god, at most, it will become a right wing facist minority wing of the party that will disintegrate over time.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Warning: distributing video of the Trump mob attacking and injuring law enforcement.

BuT iT wAs pEaCeFuL!

Lame! That was some very un-disturbing pushing and shoving.

Mod: Week's forum ban for breaching your threadban

What makes you think Trump doesn't have a platform now that Twitter blocked his account?

Please reconsider your thought about what constitutes different rules for different people. Take the time to mull over this.

No need to mull the obvious.

When the former prime minister of Malaysia declared that Muslims have a right to behead french people on Twitter...what happened?

When China congratulated itself on its genocide, what happened?

That's all okay in your book, is it?

Will you be be going across the social media landscape condemning these things today? Will you have as much fervour in celebrating the potential ban of such people?

I'll make the assumption that you don't give a flying shyte about hypocrisy.

Something for you to reconsider, boy.

• Advertisement

Lame! That was some very un-disturbing pushing and shoving.

You missed the part with the police officer being crushed in the door I see. Typical Trumpist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement