Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

eagle eye wrote: »
    He was saying it about all players taking a knee regardless of colour or creed.

they just happened to be mostly black. a complete coincidence I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,554 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Why, will you be less outraged?
    Outraged by what?
    Why do you have to make things up?
    Is there well known person you know who makes up things. That's right Donald Trump? Do you want to be just like him?
    If it was a genuine mistake on.yiur part then own it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So if only one white player out of hundreds was taking a knee to support a racial equality movement then that's ok to criticise?

they just happened to be mostly black. a complete coincidence I'm sure.
    Have you got the percentage breakdown?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,795 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

This is what I'd love to see come Jan 20, 2021

5psN.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,167 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

If only white players were doing it for some other reason nobody would have cared. The only reason racists like Trump had such hissy fits was because it was Black players doing it in regards to the everyday racism that exists in the US. Trump was absolutely referring to the black players with his comments because i doubt he even understood a minority of those involved were also white.

You claim you dislike him yet you will apologise for and defend him at the drop of a hate, once again your mask has slipped.

Have you got the percentage breakdown?

what percentage would make it less racist?

VinLieger wrote:
    If only white players were doing it for some other reason nobody would have cared. The only reason racists like Trump had such hissy fits was because it was Black players doing it in regards to the everyday racism that exists in the US. Trump was absolutely referring to the black players with his comments because i doubt he even understood a minority of those involved were also white.
    This was all made up in your own.mimd and is not factual.
    VinLieger wrote:
    You claim you dislike him yet you will apologise for and defend him at the drop of a hate, once again your mask has slipped.
    I've said I believe he is racist only a few posts back and on many occasions before then.
    I'm not defending him, I'm calling out people making untrue statements.
    70% of NFL players are black, most of the players I know of who refused to kneel.during the National anthem were black.
    I don't think it was a very good idea personally. There are lots of people who are very much in favour of social justice who feel it's highly disrespectful to kneel during the national anthem.
    Taking a knee before the game begins is a good statement but not during the national anthem as it's dividing people with the same views on social justice.

It did highlight the problem though in fairness.

what percentage would make it less racist?
    All white, Asian and Hispanic players what kneeled during the national anthem ware labelled sons of bitches by Trump just like the black players.
    You guys just back each other up regardless it seems.
    You have no morals it seems, it apoears there's lots of hypocrisy amongst you. . If a false statement is made as regards a Democrat you are all up in arms about it but when a false statement is made about Trump you try your best to make it not seem.so instead of admitting it was false and moving on.
    It's not like there's not thousands of true facts of horrible things that Trump has done. Why the need to make up stuff?

All white, Asian and Hispanic players what kneeled during the national anthem ware labelled sons of bitches by Trump just like the black players.
    You guys just back each other up regardless it seems.
    You have no morals it seems, it apoears there's lots of hypocrisy amongst you. . If a false statement is made as regards a Democrat you are all up in arms about it but when a false statement is made about Trump you try your best to make it not seem.so instead of admitting it was false and moving on.
    It's not like there's not thousands of true facts of horrible things that Trump has done. Why the need to make up stuff?

a racist makes a disparaging remark about a group of mostly black players doing something started by a black man and you don't think the fact they are black was part of his "reasoning"?

and I dont think anybody who was very quick to say that an old man had dementia based on no proof or that a woman only got promotions because she slept with her boss has any moral ground to stand on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Christy42

Even if it is true this is just what Trump said. Which makes it happening pretty questionable.

It is a weird one. Normally he likes to move off of lies a lot quicker. He could decide the white house is merely symbolic and decide to oversee some court case personally (never appearing in court)as an excuse to be out before white house security need to force him to leave.

His supporters will laugh at Dems being distracted by silly trappings of the white house while Trump goes to deal with the big court case and release the Kraken at whatever mickey mouse court case he picks.

a racist makes a disparaging remark about a group of mostly black players doing something started by a black man and you don't think the fact they are black was part of his "reasoning"?
    Again, absolute rubbish. It's not racist because it included all of the non-black players in the NFL who kneeled.
    and I dont think anybody who was very quick to say that an old man had dementia based on no proof or that a woman only got promotions because she slept with her boss has any moral ground to stand on.
    We've been over this many times, the mods said to move on. Please stop telling lies. I never said he 'had' dementia, I had concerns.
    And unlike you I was able to admit I was wrong about it.

Again, absolute rubbish. It's not racist because it included all of the non-black players in the NFL who kneeled.

We've been over this many times, the mods said to move on. Please stop telling lies. I never said he 'had' dementia, I had concerns.

the only lies on this are your denials.

the only lies on this are your denials.

What lies?

What lies?

your lies have been well highlighted. I'm not going to go over them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Outraged by what?
    Why do you have to make things up?
    Is there well known person you know who makes up things. That's right Donald Trump? Do you want to be just like him?
    If it was a genuine mistake on.yiur part then own it.

I’m sorry, what am I making up?

So as I said before, if only one white player toom a knee then that's ok to criticise by your rational?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Trump will leave voluntary, although probably quietly through the back door. But he may just have realised that if he waits until the morning of the 20th and makes sure he rolls around on the Oval office floor a bit that morning, Biden will be denied any photo opportunity of him sitting in the Oval office behind the desk that day as they will have to fumigate the place still. Trump will also still have Air Force 1 for another day to take him away somewhere.

Doesn't leave Biden with much of the trappings of presidency to stand in front of for the next day's newspapers. They will have multiple helicopters and presumably have a few spare limos, but he'll have to avoid the White House for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

robinph wrote: »
    Trump will leave voluntary, although probably quietly through the back door. But he may just have realised that if he waits until the morning of the 20th and makes sure he rolls around on the Oval office floor a bit that morning, Biden will be denied any photo opportunity of him sitting in the Oval office behind the desk that day as they will have to fumigate the place still. Trump will also still have Air Force 1 for another day to take him away somewhere.

Doesn't leave Biden with much of the trappings of presidency to stand in front of for the next day's newspapers. They will have multiple helicopters and presumably have a few spare limos, but he'll have to avoid the White House for the day.

Think they have 2 Air Force ones anyway (I know it’s only a call sign before anyone jumps in)

your lies have been well highlighted. I'm not going to go over them again.

We are talking about a claim that Trump said all black players taking a knee were sons of bitches which is not true. He says d all NFL players taking a knee were sons of bitches.
    Are you disagreeing with that.

And I don't lie. I give opinions and if I think afterwards they were wrong or something changes my mind I admit it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,773 ✭✭✭irelandrover

We are talking about a claim that Trump said all black players taking a knee were sons of bitches which is not true. He says d all NFL players taking a knee were sons of bitches.

And I don't lie. I give opinions and if I think afterwards they were wrong or something changes my mind I admit it.

But he did say all black players taking a knee were sons of bitches.

He said all players taking a knee were sons of bitches which means he called all black players taking a knee sons of bitches.

duploelabs wrote:
    So as I said before, if only one white player toom a knee then that's ok to criticise by your rational?
    It it was 80% white players what would you say?

It it was 80% white players what would you say?

The poster above sums it up

If Trump had called them sluts, you probably wouldn't be that offended, but okay...

robinph wrote: »

Dont his privileges on AF1 end at noon on the 20th? Trump will have to get used to paying for how own air travel again.

everlast75 wrote:
    If Trump had called them sluts, you probably wouldn't be that offended, but okay...

My point is he wasn't specifically calling black players sons of bitches, he was calling every player who knelt regardless of colour or creed sons of bitches.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,867 ✭✭✭donspeekinglesh

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    He'll slither away over the next few days to Florida and simply not return like the coward that he is.

Apparently when he opened Mar-a-Largo as a club he signed a covenant with the local city saying he could only use it as a residence a few days a year, and not permanently. Some neighbours are suing to ensure it's upheld after he leaves office. (The city didn't bother upholding it the past few years.)

My point is he wasn't specifically calling black players sons of bitches, he was calling every player who knelt regardless of colour or creed sons of bitches.

my point is that your outrage is selective

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Dont his privileges on AF1 end at noon on the 20th? Trump will have to get used to paying for how own air travel again.

It won’t be AF1 from that moment as it’s just a call sign but I’d be surprised if there wasn’t some leeway given in the short term after for travel. In normal presidencies stuff like this is probably never mentioned as it’s not normally any kind of issue.

• Advertisement

Trump will have some excuse for just happening to be out of the White House.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves the country. Set up somewhere that has no extradition treaty and say that he can't live there any more and come up with a bunch more conspiracy theories.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement