Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

As far as MAGA conservatives are concerned, the storming of the Capitol isn't a big issue. The main issue concerning the United States at the minute is Twitter banning Trump.

That's what they want the conversation to be about. Desperate, once again, to portray themselves as the victims.

Chump used this strategy for the whole of his tenure, victim playing has paid off big time. He identifies himself as maligned by the press, the Dems, the unaligned republicans, the rest of the planet...

He tells his patriots he loves them, and that they are the victims of the same nefarious forces that attack him; it's a winning formula.

For Five years, Chump went on with Fake Media and the Press is the enemy of the people, and we should be weeping his loss of a Twitter account.

C'm'on, grow up boys and girls...

• namloc1980 wrote: »
    This clown has been arrested

That fella needs a straight jacket. Pure tapped.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

namloc1980 wrote: »

"Q sent me*"

*to Prison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

you mean the way trump has manipulated public opinion by continually lying to them?

Yes, just like that. And how he was banned.

Just like how others continue to do the same. And aren't banned.

Yes, just like that. Blind arseholes hiding behind a carefully curated version of reality while ignoring the other 99% of what's happening because it suits their microscopic worldview.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

The guy who sat in Pelosis chair and put his feet on her desk has been arrested.

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/08/fbi-arrest-rioter-pelosi-office-456580

He doesn't look so happy in his mugshot

ErPLz8VXcAISkRI?format=png&name=small

I think he tested positive for covid too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Gradius wrote: »
    Trollocks.

"All Muslims have a right to behead french people", how many bans were handed out for that, and that from a prime minister too?

It's all hyper selective, all about what suits, and that's all that matters to many people.

when was that posted and by who? I assume you have a link to the tweet?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,823 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

namloc1980 wrote: »

https://twitter.com/ShimonPro/status/1347964952754196480?s=19

"Other patriots, eh? Tell me more!"

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

There is never ending hypocrisy from right wingers on the subject of what a private company can and cant do and what free speech is or isn't.

This is all an obvious tactic to distract and make themselves the victim because they don't want to face the facts of what their supporters did this week.

• I think he tested positive for covid too

Ffs, superspreader event probably so.

I wonder how well sanitised the place was afterwards as they were back doing business in the chamber fairly quickly.

A longer version of the events inside the capitol building. you can hear the terrorists negotiating with the capitol police who eventually just stood aside.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It was just the other day I think and Twitter removed it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Christy42

Trollocks.

"All Muslims have a right to behead french people", how many bans were handed out for that, and that from a prime minister too?

It's all hyper selective, all about what suits, and that's all that matters to many people.

You keep acting as if anyone has been defending it. As an aside the post was deleted by twitter. Far too slowly as it required the French government to step in as they had initially only given a flag on it like many of Trump's posts. Trump also had posts removed for earlier breaches and plenty of warnings. He probably should be banned imo but your posts make it sound like no action was taken on it.

Heck Trump's statements didn't even get him banned till people took action on the back of them and even then his account was only initially suspended so they were hardly quick with him either.

Ffs, superspreader event probably so.

I wonder how well sanitised the place was afterwards as they were back doing business in the chamber fairly quickly.

they were ****ting and pissing on the floor so I cant imagine it was well sanitised at all.

salmocab wrote: »
    It was just the other day I think and Twitter removed it.

so twitter acted then. whats the problem?

I assume you can use Google. Feel free, unless youre drowned in search results of prime ministers declaring murder of french people too hard to distinguish :p

Regardless, it's merely one of the countless daily bullshyt of inciting violence all across the platform from people with extensive reach.

And no, I don't have links to serve up to you, the same way I'm not going to take a picture of the sky to prove its there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

No. I saw that part, and the part after where the civilian put down the officer's visor to protect him from further harm and gestured for someone to come help him. It wasn't disturbing.

Yeah, the cop is having a great time, they really protected him well. Good to see police being injured doesn't disturb you.

The same MAGA scum will claim to support the police the next time they shoot an unarmed black person.

https://twitter.com/BrendanKeefe/status/1347755399919767555?s=20

I assume you can use Google. Feel free, unless youre drowned in search results of prime ministers declaring murder of french people too hard to distinguish :p

Regardless, it's merely one of the countless daily bullshyt of inciting violence all across the platform from people with extensive reach.

And no, I don't have links to serve up to you, the same way I'm not going to take a picture of the sky to prove its there.

and how did twitter react? somebody else said that the tweet was deleted.

A longer version of the events inside the capitol building. you can hear the terrorists negotiating with the capitol police who eventually just stood aside.

At 6;53, the Nobel laureate that shot this video says pretty clearly that "we need to get this **** burned".

Let's put it down to free'm of 'spression.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Right wingers might get further with this talking point if the rest of us hadn't been subject to the standards suddenly applying to them for years. I know of people who got banned for days at a time for calling Tomi Lahren a "bimbo" or posting screenshots of the threats *they themselves* were getting in DMs.

Twitter already admitted they were struggling to figure out how to apply a moderation algorithm because so many Republican political figures break the rules so regularly they were afraid to look "biased" by applying them. Right wingers are so used to getting away with working the ref being subject to fair treatment comes as a system shock.

Just like everything else seems to be with them, their supposed issue with censorship amounts to being outraged the rules for everyone else might apply to them the same way after all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

Right wingers might get further with this talking point if the rest of us hadn't been subject to the standards suddenly applying to them for years. I know of people who got banned for days at a time for calling Tomi Lahren a "bimbo" or posting screenshots of the threats *they themselves* were getting in DMs.

Twitter already admitted they were struggling to figure out how to apply a moderation algorithm because so many Republican political figures break the rules so regularly they were afraid to look "biased" by applying them. Right wingers are used to getting away with working the ref being subject to fair treatment comes as a system shock.

Just like everything else seems to be with them, their supposed issue with censorship amounts to being outraged the rules for everyone else might apply to them the same way after all.

I got a ban for calling my best friend a Milf

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

The nice thing is, everybody is carrying a phone nowadays. You can pinpoint everyone who was inside the Capitol building on the day. Retrieve their video, etc...

Speaking of bearskin guy, I would be real interested to know what that big block tattoo in the shape of Thor's hammer is covering.

• A longer version of the events inside the capitol building. you can hear the terrorists negotiating with the capitol police who eventually just stood aside.

Unbelievable footage. The news channels really did not capture the scale on the level that this footage did. I have a small bit more sympathy for the cops now. They were absolutely overran. A massive policing failure.

Also sheds light on the context around the shooting of that lady. Fully justified and stopped the mob immediately from entering what I assume was a very protected area.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    The nice thing is, everybody is carrying a phone nowadays. You can pinpoint everyone who was inside the Capitol building on the day. Retrieve their video, etc...

Best believe the Pentagon is using enemy combatant distinction to lift any privileges they had to such privacy too. The United States will know where each of them ate breakfast.

Twitter already admitted they were struggling to figure out how to apply a moderation algorithm because so many Republican political figures break the rules so regularly they were afraid to look "biased" by applying them. Right wingers are used to getting away with working the ref being subject to fair treatment comes as a system shock.

Pure, unaulterated bias. Do people like you actually read back what you've written?

Does it sound realistic to you? "Everyone on the other team is bad and everything they say is bad" ergo by extension "everyone on my team is good and everything they do is good".

It's so, so stupid. And it is this stupidity, cheerleading biased censorship, that does severe damage to society. Like throwing buckets of petrol on a fire to burn the neighbours house, while abjectly failing to recognise that they live next door.

Unbelievable footage. The news channels really did not capture the scale on the level that this footage did. I have a small bit more sympathy for the cops now. They were absolutely overran. A massive policing failure.

I'm inclined to agree. I wish we could have seen just how serious this was closer to the time, it would have pre empted a lot of the attempts to play it down and like you say I'd have been far more sympathetic to a lot of the individual officers for pulling back.

That still leaves weird questions open about Capitol Police leadership open. Refusing support at that level put guys at this level in mortal danger - so why did they do it?

• Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    At 6;53, the Nobel laureate that shot this video says pretty clearly that "we need to get this **** burned".

Yeah it's an absolute must now that action is taken against Trump and those identified in the footage are locked up for a period.

It is simply incredible there was not a far worse outcome when you hear the shouts.

• Advertisement

Kaybaykwah wrote: »

At 18 minutes in, after taking in the magnificence of one of the rotundas, our patriot says;

"well, people might burn this down, it might be too late, I'm not gonna lie".

Perfect ending to a museum tour...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement