Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,787 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Gradius wrote: »
    And the malaysian politician that stated Muslims have a right to kill french people, was he inciting violence?

Rules for thee are not for me. That's what happens when a private company accepts no responsibility, despite having the influence to change opinions through manipulation on country-level scales.

Law of unintended consequences will happen over these companies being allowed do whatever suits. And the cheerleaders probably won't be so cheery about it.
    Whats this in English?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

So its no big deal if twitter just ban Biden too, right?

He has plenty of other platforms after all.

Unless you want to change your argument to "he broke the rules", in which case why haven't umpteen other influential users of twitter been banned too?

How backed up into the corner do you need to be before you accept the reality that this is selective and therefore biased?

If biden ever posts anything like the stuff Trump has posted I would be annoyed if they didnt ban him.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

And the malaysian politician that stated Muslims have a right to kill french people, was he inciting violence?

Rules for thee are not for me. That's what happens when a private company accepts no responsibility, despite having the influence to change opinions through manipulation on country-level scales.

Law of unintended consequences will happen over these companies being allowed do whatever suits. And the cheerleaders probably won't be so cheery about it.

So, what is your solution, totally unrestrained expression?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,507 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

Rules should be applied equally. I have stated that already, pretty clearly. Trump's multiple violations of the rules should have resulted in his ban far earlier.

The Malaysian guy should also have the rules applied to him.

This 'both sides' whataboutery is just nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭boardise

francois wrote: »
    The far right have a hard on for nordic symbols for some reason

They seem to be a hubristic horde of horny haters.

• Advertisement

If Biden was inciting violence I'm sure Twitter would ban him and most sane people would be in support of that.

Trump should have in my mind been banned a long time ago. For me, his LIBERATE Michigan!!! tweets was that point.

Gunmen subsequently gathered in the halls of the Michigan State Capitol and a cohesive plan found to kidnap the state. Governor.

That for me was the point he had gone to far.

You are too kind. There ain't no time machine that can bring it back to legal abortion time.

The argument of the other two users doesn't even mention the "why's", just simply that there's plenty of choice and it's no big deal if he can't use twitter.

everybody knows the "whys" of trumps banning. is there anything there worth discussing?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,734 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

So its no big deal if twitter just ban Biden too, right?

He has plenty of other platforms after all, including a press office etc.

Unless you want to change your argument to "he broke the rules", in which case why haven't umpteen other influential users of twitter been banned too?

Like the other one, how backed up into the corner do you need to be before you accept the reality that this is selective and therefore biased?

What reality is that? Show us the comparable messages from people you think should be banned.

The reality is, Trump has deliberately undermined the electoral system, the judicial system and the legislative system in his tweets and when did this in his words on Wednesday, within 30 minutes the people who had listened to him stormed the capitol, placed a gallows outside it, forced the stoppage of the democratic process which was underway, sought out the Vice President while chanting 'Hang Pence' and completed various other acts which left 5 people dead.

That is what happened. We all watched it live in HD so when you start with your 'the MSM' whimpers, don't bring them here.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    Maybe, if you turn your switch to on, you will begin to fathom the reason why a president cannot be inciting seditious acts, knowing full well his power over stoked, ignorant people he claims to love.

You would probably let your daughter be sucked up by a cult on account of freedom, bravo. It's your call Gradius Maximus.

Pray tell, what is this magical consistent rule that bans Trump for inviting violence, yet allows the Chinese celebrate genocide?

Bans Trump for inviting violence, yet allows a user to continue with celebrating and encouraging the beheading of french people?

Tell me about this sometimes-rule, Dickus Minimus? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Christy42

Rules should be applied equally. I have stated that already, pretty clearly. Trump's multiple violations of the rules should have resulted in his ban far earlier.

The Malaysian guy should also have the rules applied to him.

This 'both sides' whataboutery is just nonsense.

While I think it should have gotten him banned the Malaysian guy did have his post removed. Trump himself was hardly banned for a first offense. The deletion of the tweet by twitter seems to get lost in a few posts...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Can you point to your posts complaining when Trump was breaking rules and wasn't being banned like other users? Was it fine when he was receiving preferential treatment?

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Baked Allaska of Charlottesville fame

791.jpg

This period in history is going to look terrible. Like I don't know how much more obvious they could have made the nazi connection and yet we still have people debating it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭yagan

Gunmen subsequently gathered in the halls of the Michigan State Capitol and a cohesive plan found to kidnap the state. Governor.

That for me was the point he had gone to far.
    Definitely. He was urging rebellion against the democratically elected state government.

It's feels inevitable that he'll go for broke in provoking an all out assault on Washington now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,787 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

Christy42 wrote: »
    This period in history is going to look terrible. Like I don't know how much more obvious they could have made the nazi connection and yet we still have people debating it.

Thats why I imagine Republicans will be glad for Trump and his cronies relegated to under their bridges. He has done probably decades of harm to the Republican party.

What reality is that? Show us the comparable messages from people you think should be banned.

The reality is, Trump has deliberately undermined the electoral system, the judicial system and the legislative system in his tweets and when did this in his words on Wednesday, within 30 minutes the people who had listened to him stormed the capitol, placed a gallows outside it, forced the stoppage of the democratic process which was underway, sought out the Vice President while chanting 'Hang Pence' and completed various other acts which left 5 people dead.

That is what happened. We all watched it live in HD so when you start with your 'the MSM' whimpers, don't bring them here.

Yes, Trump did that.

And you don't give a fook about anything else, to the extent that you don't even realize it exists. If you cared you'd know. But it's not about principle, it's not about right or wrong, it's not about private companies controlling public opinion, it's not about balance, no, it's about what suits, and this biased censorship suits some ignorami down the ground.

Live by the sword and all that.

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Baked Allaska of Charlottesville fame

791.jpg

what a lineup of absolute scum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

what a lineup of absolute scum.

What do you mean scum?

Those are some great American patriots!

Pray tell, what is this magical consistent rule that bans Trump for inviting violence, yet allows the Chinese celebrate genocide?

Bans Trump for inviting violence, yet allows a user to continue with celebrating and encouraging the beheading of french people?

Tell me about this sometimes-rule, Dickus Minimus? :P

You are the kind of bleeding heart that your right wingers abhorr. They will kick you when you're down and won't think twice.

On the other hand, Chump isn't a goner yet, he's still very much at the center of things and can be for a long time, if he isn't somehow circumvented, for the lack of a better word. His actions and words were swept under the rug by his party's cognoscenti, and they are now having to deal with the "Hypocrisy" you seem to want to dismiss.

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    So, what is your solution, totally unrestrained expression?

Hey, seeing as it suits for now....no need to examine where it's heading, or solutions, or inspection whatsoever!

In fact, cheer it on! Yaaayy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

Wow you have to genocidal to be a Neo Nazi. That's very strange logic.

Yes, Trump did that.

And you don't give a fook about anything else, to the extent that you don't even realize it exists. If you cared you'd know. But it's not about principle, it's not about right or wrong, it's not about private companies controlling public opinion, it's not about balance, no, it's about what suits, and this biased censorship suits some ignorami down the ground.

You want to ignore all the other back room stuff on the web, though.

Twitter is, for good or ill, the front door.

Everybody knows and is confronted to pitiful, pitiable, pithy comments and instigations on the web.

Not everybody is the pres-o-dent.

Yes, Trump did that.

Spare me if I think you don't give a toss about any of that. You are aggrieved now and full of righteous indignation because the demagogue masquerading as a leader has been found out in the most clinical manner.

Trump gained 200,000 Twitter followers between Wednesday and Friday. It cannot be ignored the influence that his words on the platform were having.

Mad stuff all right.

Human society is like a law of physics in someway, like friction.

Force is met by equal opposing force. Pendulous.

Men are women now? Meet flat-earthers. Both denial of science.

No borders? Meet resurgent ethno-states. Both denial of common sense.

Offended by everything? Meet anger at everything.

And so on. The more people believe in whacky things, the more people push back until it comes to a head. It doesn't even matter who started it, the problem is that it was propagated by simple agitation, willingly profiteered upon by tech leeches.

I fail to see how anyone could believe the USA is going to "calm down", rather than reach a conclusion. Ditto for everywhere.

If you make a fuss, expect a fuss. History isn't going to be kind to the last decade, or the next. It'll be easy to point fingers anyway :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭yagan

Trump gained 200,000 Twitter followers between Wednesday and Friday. It cannot be ignored the influence that his words on the platform were having.
    How many were rubber necking?

Spare me if I think you don't give a toss about any of that. You are aggrieved now and full of righteous indignation because the demagogue masquerading as a leader has been found out in the most clinical manner.

So you DO give a toss...about things you weren't bothered to find out?

"But trump"

Very believable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Overheal wrote: »
    Republicans are a minority party with a gerrymandered presence. That’s why they invited the tea party back under their tent. That’s why they invited Trump. Because they don’t have the numbers to challenge the Democratic Party otherwise.

Stand up with the Democrats? Hell no they won’t. Their party would be in the minority for the next 20 years if they actually stood for their conservative principles.

I agree with everything you've said above, the gerrymandering and the out an out assault of disenfranchising of people of participating in the "greatest" democracy has been an eye opener..

Mad stuff all right.

Human society is like a law of physics in someway, like friction.

Force is met by equal opposing force. Pendulous.

Men are women now? Meet flat-earthers. Both denial of science.

No borders? Meet resurgent ethno-states. Both denial of common sense.

Offended by everything? Meet anger at everything.

And so on. The more people believe in whacky things, the more people push back until it comes to a head. It doesn't even matter who started it, the problem is that it was propagated by simple agitation, willingly profiteered upon by tech leeches.

I fail to see how anyone could believe the USA is going to "calm down", rather than reach a conclusion. Ditto for everywhere.

If you make a fuss, expect a fuss. History isn't going to be kind to the last decade, or the next. It'll be easy to point fingers anyway :p

Are you really trying to blame trans people for all the right wing nazis around? Like that entire post is utterly ridiculous. Turns out some people in the world are just c**** and it is everyone else's job to point them out as they will always exist. And they will exist by whatever pronouns people call others.

So you DO give a toss...about things you weren't bothered to find out?

"But trump"

Very believable.

What is it about Chump's Twitter feed you find so important to disseminate?

• Advertisement

Are you really trying to blame trans people for all the right wing nazis around? Like that entire post is utterly ridiculous. Turns out some people in the world are just c**** and it is everyone else's job to point them out as they will always exist. And they will exist by whatever pronouns people call others.

I figured every second sentence from that post didn't appear on my screen. It didn't make sense what I could see.

Deflection 101.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement