Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

I'm inclined to agree. I wish we could have seen just how serious this was closer to the time, it would have pre empted a lot of the attempts to play it down and like you say I'd have been far more sympathetic to a lot of the individual officers for pulling back.

Yeah its strange that the best footage is only coming through now four days after the event and Id agee it would have been better had it surfaced sooner. My guess is that the news networks have been scraping sites like Parlar and Discord as most of it was filmed by the Trump rioters themselves. The main US news networks didnt seem to have cameras in there, in fact for about the first two days the best footage was by an English ITN reporter who seemed to get into the Capitol right there with the first wave of rioters who breached police lines at the front doors.

Gradius wrote: »
    Yes, Trump did that.

And you don't give a fook about anything else, to the extent that you don't even realize it exists. If you cared you'd know. But it's not about principle, it's not about right or wrong, it's not about private companies controlling public opinion, it's not about balance, no, it's about what suits, and this biased censorship suits some ignorami down the ground.

Live by the sword and all that.
    It's more problematic when a platform keeps him on it and he uses it to contribute further to the undermining of democratic institutions. He's free to do a press conference to entire nation if he wants.
    What do you mean scum?

Those are some great American patriots!
    Strange way of describing Nazis.
    Mad stuff all right.

Human society is like a law of physics in someway, like friction.

Force is met by equal opposing force. Pendulous.

Men are women now? Meet flat-earthers. Both denial of science.

No borders? Meet resurgent ethno-states. Both denial of common sense.

Offended by everything? Meet anger at everything.

And so on. The more people believe in whacky things, the more people push back until it comes to a head. It doesn't even matter who started it, the problem is that it was propagated by simple agitation, willingly profiteered upon by tech leeches.

I fail to see how anyone could believe the USA is going to "calm down", rather than reach a conclusion. Ditto for everywhere.

If you make a fuss, expect a fuss. History isn't going to be kind to the last decade, or the next. It'll be easy to point fingers anyway :p

And I would say all of the above more likely contributes to why you are annoyed Donald Trump for being from twitter.... The fact that you seem to be enraged by that and seem to not care he egged on an insurrection from the platform. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Christy42 wrote: »
    Are you really trying to blame trans people for all the right wing nazis around? Like that entire post is utterly ridiculous. Turns out some people in the world are just c**** and it is everyone else's job to point them out as they will always exist. And they will exist by whatever pronouns people call others.

It is like blaming economic issues for driving Trump's mob when they were all well able to afford to take a day off work, travel from all over the country, pay accommodation, wear all their Trump/military gear.

They are just mad that soon their asshole president won't be able to hurt people they don't like.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,224 ✭✭✭Gradius

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    You want to ignore all the other back room stuff on the web, though.

Twitter is, for good or ill, the front door.

Everybody knows and is confronted to pitiful, pitiable, pithy comments and instigations on the web.

Not everybody is the pres-o-dent.

The mental problem for a lot of people is that they don't care about anything beyond the "front door" of the internet, especially when trump comprises the be-all, end-all of life.

Blindness, unwillful ignorance, purposeful bias...whatever, it's all bad news when you buy into hypocrisy. When trump is gone each of these lackwits will receive a million euro each....you'd fooking think by the way they go on :p

Christy42 wrote: »
    Are you really trying to blame trans people for all the right wing nazis around? Like that entire post is utterly ridiculous. Turns out some people in the world are just c**** and it is everyone else's job to point them out as they will always exist. And they will exist by whatever pronouns people call others.

No, that's not what I wrote, that's what your brain wanted to read.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,734 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

The mental problem for a lot of people is that they don't care about anything beyond the "front door" of the internet, especially when trump comprises the be-all, end-all of life.

Blindness, unwillful ignorance, purposeful bias...whatever, it's all bad news when you buy into hypocrisy. When trump is gone each of these lackwits will receive a million euro each....you'd fooking think by the way they go on :p

Once more I reach in to my bag of quotes and pull out

'Accuse others of that which you are guilty'.

It is absolutely astounding the people on here and in the US who think that Trump stands for them when he has treated them so abysmally and will probably see a number of them spend up to 10 years in jail for under a law he signed (by executive order) for the acts they carried out on Wednesday at his instruction.

Really is tragic for some of these people who no doubt felt unlistened to and ignored. They are just cheap fodder to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Leroy42 wrote: »
    I remember after Trump won in 2016 that a favorite meme of his supporters was the pic of the woman screaming.

Lots of glee at telling people to get over it, you lost. Popular vote lost, who cares it the EC that's important, that's the system.

Now look at them. Staging attempted siege of the capital, crying because twitter banned someone, saying the system is broken and their feelings need to be taken into account.

Suddenly there is a big worry about 75m that voted for Trump. I can't recall if there was the same worry about the actual majority of voters in 2016 not getting what they wanted.

And free speech? How many times has Trump refused to answer a reporters question simply because the network they worked for? How many interviews has he given CNN, MSNBC? He tried to remove peoples press privileges.

There was a huge difference, Those complaining back in 2016 were just over emotional that their candidate lost and were being told it was the beginning of the third Reich which is obviously was not, More than half of America think the election was stolen from them and there has being no transparency into all the voting irregularities this time around and was told 'nothing to see here and any thing that was brought to court was thrown out before any evidence was allowed be shown. These irregularities should be investigated correctly, telling the public 'nothing to see' here is causing the American divide to grow even more.

Very sad to see the state of America going forward.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Yeah its strange that the best footage is only coming through now four days after the event and Id agee it would have been better had it surfaced sooner. My guess is that the news networks have been scraping sites like Parlar and Discord as most of it was filmed by the Trump rioters themselves. The main US news networks didnt seem to have cameras in there, in fact for about the first two days the best footage was by an English ITN reporter who seemed to get into the Capitol right there with the first wave of rioters who breached police lines at the front doors.

There is a good reason why the US networks didn't have cameras there, Trump has made it too unsafe for them via his rhetoric, a lot of it coming via Twitter.

Look at the abuse and violence these media received from the mob. I remember the pages and pages of pearl clutching from certain posters when certain idiotic elements of BLM protests shouted at people eating out. Of course they are nowhere to be found now.

https://twitter.com/MarquardtA/status/1347719469024612358?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Yes, but your bleeding heart doesn't change the fact that a bunch of know-nothing yahoos invaded the Capitol because they were prompted by that great reality show host who claims to be maligned on every front.

You'd fecking think you were a bit confused. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Christy42

No, that's not what I wrote, that's what your brain wanted to read.

At best I can get to blaming trans people for the existence of flat earthers. The post really does not make sense. I gave out about nazis being an obvious element in the current alt right movements and you responded with something about everything being a reaction to something else and a weird rant about random things you don't like.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

If anyone is gonna miss trump's tweets, they haven't been scrubbed from the net, archived here..

https://twitter.com/_IntelligenceX/status/1347779339518169088?s=19

They've also got an index of a load of pics/videos from Wednesday.

There was a huge difference, Those complaining back in 2016 were just over emotional that their candidate lost and were being told it was the beginning of the third Reich which is obviously was not, More than half of America think the election was stolen from them and there has being no transparency into all the voting irregularities this time around and was told 'nothing to see here and any thing that was brought to court was thrown out before any evidence was allowed be shown. These irregularities should be investigated correctly, telling the public 'nothing to see' here is causing the American divide to grow even more.

Thing is, there's been plenty of transparency. Trump's legal team offered no credible proof of fraud in a court room and simply pushed conspiracies outside of the courtroom. He claimed fraud in 2016 too btw and he failed to prove it then as well. :pac: In terms of the third reich thing, he's ended his presidency by egging on an insurrection so his fascistic tendencies are pretty fair to acknowledge at this point.

It's more problematic when a platform keeps him on it and he uses it to contribute further to the undermining of democratic institutions. He's free to do a press conference to entire nation if he wants.

Strange way of describing Nazis.

And I would say all of the above more likely contributes to why you are annoyed Donald Trump for being from twitter.... The fact that you seem to be enraged by that and seem to not care he egged on an insurrection from the platform. :rolleyes:

I seem to be "enraged".

"Nazis"

My point was and is that tech companies are a looming monster over society.

Now, I understand some people get literal orgasms from talking about trump, and would chop their own arms off to mildly annoy some billionaire bloke thousands of miles away they'll never meet, fixing the value of their life on some ethereal show of virtue to other anonymous weirdoes they'll never meet. It's very wholesome.

But it's not about him. At all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Trump must be a fairly terrible fascist because he:

A) Let the election go ahead

B) Didn't rig it so that he won

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

How did you come to this conclusion?

Thing is, there's been plenty of transparency. Trump's legal team offered no credible proof of fraud in a court room and simply pushed conspiracies outside of the courtroom. He claimed fraud in 2016 too btw and he failed to prove it then as well. :pac: In terms of the third reich thing, he's ended his presidency by egging on an insurrection so his fascistic tendencies are pretty fair to acknowledge at this point.

He questioned Obama's legitimacy by birthright too, and Biden's legitimacy, and claime his was the greates presidency ever, and had the largest inaugural crowds of all time.

We all know that was true///

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Wow you have to genocidal to be a Neo Nazi. That's very strange logic.

I guess a shirt saying 6 million wasn't enough isn't genocidal, according to the zodiac killer?

I seem to be "enraged".

"Nazis"

My point was and is that tech companies are a looming monster over society.

Now, I understand some people get literal orgasms from talking about trump, and would chop their own arms off to mildly annoy some billionaire bloke thousands of miles away they'll never meet, fixing the value of their life on some ethereal show of virtue to other anonymous weirdoes they'll never meet. It's very wholesome.

But it's not about him. At all.

He only claims he is a billionaire. His balls are in Deutsche Bamk hands...

Sorry, gotta go take a walk...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

1bbujr.gif

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    Yes, but your bleeding heart doesn't change the fact that a bunch of know-nothing yahoos invaded the Capitol because they were prompted by that great reality show host who claims to be maligned on every front.

You'd fecking think you were a bit confused. :eek:

Crystal clarity here, it's quite satisfying really :)

And equally, NOT banning a load of other nutters for the exact same reason will help bring about misfortune to countless people.

What's good for the goose should be good for the gander.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

More than half of America think the election was stolen? That's nonsense. Every 'irregularity' has been debunked. There really is nothing to see but as long as Nappy Mango tells his zealots that the election was stolen they're going to keep playing the victim card. Trump and his acolytes are the ones stoking division.

Trump must be a fairly terrible fascist because he:

A) Let the election go ahead

B) Didn't rig it so that he won

Repeatedly mused about delaying it

Tried to upend the postal service to defeat distance voting

Rushed through RBG's replacement within a week, citing the need for a conserative majority to hand him wins in election suits

Sued the pants off the election result

Called and harassed election officials and principle investigators to either find fraud or say they found fraud

Incited a coup d'etat to stop the peaceful transition of power

You're right, he's a terrible fascist, but he's still very much one.

Absolute garbage to try to claim victimhood and excuse actions of the terrorists this week.

They believe the election was stolen from them because they have been consistently lied to about it, Trump was claiming even beforehand that if he lost it would only be by fraud. Trump campaign had ample opportunity to provide evidence in state cases but they didn't have anything significant enough that would overturn the results. Trump's team was lying to his supporters that there was evidence and then telling the truth in court, that they had no evidence - hence why they lost nearly 70 cases.

Despite all the failed cases they still wouldn't accept it so why would they suddenly accept it after another investigation? Again, Trump's core point from pre election was that he couldn't lose aside from fraud, you're naive to believe that was going to suddenly change (he had no issues with committing election crime himself by pressuring officials to 'find votes')

The fact that people believe lies doesn't mean they should be investigated, unless you're now calling for a 'flat-earth commission' and 'the earth was created 2000 years ago commission' - two things that a sizeable number of Americans believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And equally, NOT banning a load of other nutters for the exact same reason will help bring about misfortune to countless people.

What did twitter say when you reported these tweets/accounts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Christy42

Overheal wrote: »
    Repeatedly mused about delaying it

Tried to upend the postal service to defeat distance voting

Rushed through RBG's replacement within a week, citing the need for a conserative majority to hand him wins in election suits

Sued the pants off the election result

Called and harassed election officials and principle investigators to either find fraud or say they found fraud

Incited a coup d'etat to stop the peaceful transition of power

You're right, he's a terrible fascist, but he's still very much one.

I would point out that the communist party in Russia held an election and didn't rig in their favour (or at least not very well) since they lost. They then took over via force and succeeded which is why they were in power afterwards.

More than half of America think the election was stolen from them and there has being no transparency into all the voting irregularities this time around and was told 'nothing to see here and any thing that was brought to court was thrown out before any evidence was allowed be shown. These irregularities should be investigated correctly, telling the public 'nothing to see' here is causing the American divide to grow even more.

More than half of Germany thought Adolf was doing a smashing job as Supreme Chancellor, too, all the while waging war.

Argumentum ad populum.

This was all investigated correctly. Nobody said "nothing to see here," there were 60+ court cases, dozens of hearings & at every level of government the appeals were considered.

Yes, you've made your point perfectly clear about the other cases. How about owning up to the one at hand?

They should indeed cut off uncivil, or seditious comments from all parties. But you seem to be confused about this, not sure what you are claiming should be done.

This thread is about the insurrection, not Twitter, and yet, this is waht seems to obsess you. The matter at hand is Chump's insurrection.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Maga-tears-mug.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

The only bias from Twitter was not banning him sooner. He was inviting violence, as he has been for some time. Twitter are partially responsible by not sticking to their own rules and banning him ages ago. And that goes for anyone else on their platform they allow to violate the rules.

I'm glad twitter have banned him, but like all the other social media platforms it is too little too late.
    That is not confined to Trump but plenty of other vile abuses around the world. Facebook was very influential in the Rohingya massacres.
    But it is very embarrassing when the president of the US behaves like a third world despot to such an extent he gets banned on twitter.
    Twitter deserve no credit for this but I'm glad it eventually happened.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Plenty of people should be banned, around the world, but can you give examples of American democratic politician that should be banned due to their posts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement