Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

So the Arizona local republican party is in the process of censuring Cindy McCain for supporting Biden.

Sand wrote: »
    Bludgeoned to death? Fake news much?

He went back to his office and collapsed at some later point. He was hardly torn apart by some bloodthirsty mob. The real question is why werent you as exercised by the deaths of police officers at the hands of BLM motivated killers?

I know - the media told you it was peaceful protest.

Bludgeoned in the head by a Maga Insurrectionist and died as a result of the injury. Does that sound much better?

They were primarily peaceful protests for BLM. It's a fact. I favour prosecutions of anyone who kills Police officers. Always been my position.

Both Republicans, the media and intelligence agencies view the events of Wednesday as terrorism. It wasn't a protest. Why exactly did the guy invading the chamber have cable ties for a protest?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Did you read the article? The platform was opening discussing breaking into the Capitol and the likes in the days before. It was happy to allow inciting of the insurrection even during it. Twitter or Facebook do actively remove and suspend users for things like that, that was part of the reason users migrated to platforms like parler.

The platform was openly discussing it? I sincerely doubt that.

The users may have been but do we now ban platforms for the actions of their users?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

He died of a head injury sustained from a bludgeoning injury. You cannot wellactually that in Good Faith.

The users may have been but do we now ban platforms for the actions of their users?

The entire founding purpose of Parler is to cater to discussions Twitter and Facebook content safety policies would not accommodate. Google/Apple required functional safety policies, Parler didn't want to do that, ipso facto.

Google/Apple regularly take stuff off their store for content and legality reasons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Bludgeoned in the head by a Maga Insurrectionist and died as a result of the injury. Does that sound much better?

How would you describe the death of Ashli Babbet?

I can already guess, but I want you to consider how they differ and who told you to believe that. You might also consider why you so uncritically believe what you're told by perceived authority but that might be a step too far.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The Mooch gave me a laugh

https://twitter.com/Scaramucci/status/1347886612227772417

A 'Scaramucci' refers to 11 days in office, tweeted today Jan 9th

I can already guess, but I want you to consider how they differ and who told you to believe that. You might also consider why you so uncritically believe what you're told by perceived authority but that might be a step too far.

Ashli Babbitt's death is on video. Who told anyone what about it is irrelevant.

During an incursion on protected Federal space, Babbitt led an attempt to breach the chamber where the VP her comrades wanted to execute was. She ignored back-off warnings from his Secret Service detail, and was shot.

Ashli Babbitt was a former Capitol security operator who understood exactly what she was doing, and was carrying a firearm. There's no room to whitewash her.

It was pretty clear that I meant on the platform. It's pretty clear that parler violates multiple rules on the play store by the way. In this case, the platform was happy to allow users to encourage an insurrection.

https://support.google.com/googleplay/android-developer/answer/10286120?hl=en

On top of that, I wouldn't rule it out being taken offline entirely. Hosting platforms also have rules of conduct for those that use their platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,173 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

One thing is very clear, Google Twitter and Facebook have CRAZY amount of control over what we see, hear and think. And over us as a whole.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Christy42

If the platform wants to continue to host conversations about attacking and killing police and elected officials it will suffer a reaction to it yes. Does this seem strange to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Ashley Babbitt,

She illegally entered the capitol building.

She tried to climb through a broken window, She was told to get back even while a gun was pointed at her.

She continues to try climb through the window and was shot, she died from her own stupidity.

On the other side of that door was the chamber where most of the government were attempting to certify an election. No one knew if she was armed or not, she was perceived to be a threat and was treated as such.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Twitter are saying that they have seen online chatter of another insurrection on the Capital Buildings around the 19th or 20th of Jan. Im wondering if Putin will pass up the opportunity to put his botfarms into action on sites like Parler, Discord, Signal and foment another uprising. If he can have plausible deniability from doing so it wouldnt surprise me if he is pulling strings in the background.

• Foxtrol wrote: »
    This gem from Parlor today. Can't work out whether it is a law enforcement group, media, or a troll that will just release it all.

https://twitter.com/BrianSpanner1/status/1348005014317522948?s=20

Good response :-)

https://twitter.com/StephenCVGraham/status/1348005271310884872?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

One thing is very clear, Google Twitter and Facebook have CRAZY amount of control over what we see, hear and think. And over us as a whole.

You could just ... I don't know delete them.
    And live in the real world and stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

No one has to use them. It's not like you're legally obliged to have an account with any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,173 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

listermint wrote: »
    You could just ... I don't know delete them.
    And live in the real world and stuff.

Impossible, today that is the real world.

https://twitter.com/SheWho_Resists/status/1348013553245151232

The 3 Percenters are the group who made plans to kidnap and execute the Governor of Michigan.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,012 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Impossible to remove Facebook and Twitter...?

And as for Google it's a search engine. Use it for shopping and. Holidays and stuff.

Personal responsibility seems like a foreign concept to right leaning people.

Just mad...

Only if you don't actually have a life. You can survive without Facebook etc

• Advertisement

I think you overestimate how clever your argument is. Babbet was attempt to breach the chamber and that's about all I know. So it really depends on the details and I frankly can't judge until the investigation is completed. What we do know is the insurrection is largely being viewed as an act of terrorism and the parties involved are facing years of jail time.

Why did you feel the need to downplay the bludgeoning of a police officer that resulted in his death? Multiple bombs were found, targeting both Republicans and Dems.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/08/politics/us-capitol-riots-arrest-pelosi-desk/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Edit : Oh NVM, she was armed and trying to breach a chamber containing multiple politicians... More shocking she got that close.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

If they have control over what you see then thats because you choose to see what they offer. Thats like whinging because RTE, Sky, BBC, or what ever your choice of media is has control over you when all you need to do is change channel

• Registered Users Posts: 83,566 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Incredible how all the media, politicians and corporations are suddenly all tweeting "LAW AND ORDER" when the mobs aren't BLM/Antifa. Suddenly its domestic terrorism, not peaceful protest. It highlights how fake and controlled the BLM/Antifa movement is. This scared them, BLM/Antifa never did.

Honestly, 2021 clearly beat 2020 when those photos of US politicians cowering came out. It was good to see the same cowards who voted down sending out a measly $2,000 to Americans harmed by COVID lockdowns were terrified when unarmed and non-violent Americans came to visit them to protest. A government should be afraid of its people.

I knew finally, someone would be along to make this idiotic stance.

"Woah, looting Reeboks & Nikes wasn't domestic terrorism but trying to kidnap the joint session of the United States Congress is suddenly a problem? Jesus Christ this is what is wrong with you liberals."

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Don't have Facebook. So not impossible.

Overheal wrote: »
    I knew finally, someone would be along to make this idiotic stance.

"Woah, looting Reeboks & Nikes wasn't domestic terrorism but trying to kidnap the joint session of the United States Congress is suddenly a problem? Jesus Christ this is what is wrong with you liberals."

I knew the American guy who always shows up to demonize police officers shooting unarmed Americans would be conjured too. And I predicted your stance too.

It's all so tiresome.

He went back to his office and collapsed at some later point. He was hardly torn apart by some bloodthirsty mob. The real question is why werent you as exercised by the deaths of police officers at the hands of BLM motivated killers?

I know - the media told you it was peaceful protest.

Are you really being an apologist for whoever murdered him? Is this a real thing that I am reading.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Some Republican Senators looking for a redemption arc.

I knew the American guy who always shows up to demonize police officers shooting unarmed Americans would be conjured too. And I predicted your stance too.

It's all so tiresome.

I take it from you having to get personal you can't address anything then.

I think you overestimate how clever your argument is. Babbet was attempt to breach the chamber and that's about all I know. So it really depends on the details and I frankly can't judge until the investigation is completed. What we do know is the insurrection is largely being viewed as an act of terrorism and the parties involved are facing years of jail time.

Why did you feel the need to downplay the bludgeoning of a police officer that resulted in his death? Multiple bombs were found, targeting both Republicans and Dems.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2021/01/08/politics/us-capitol-riots-arrest-pelosi-desk/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

Edit : Oh NVM, she was armed and trying to breach a chamber containing multiple politicians... More shocking she got that close.

At best, what you are claiming is that the BLM/Antifa riots never threatened the interests of the establishment so never justified violent defense of those interests. So we agree on that.

• Advertisement

Carrying a backpack laden with no certain contents, she lunged through a door to attack lawmakers sheltering in place in the Speaker's Lobby on the 2nd floor of the Capitol. She knowingly did so in full view of drawn firearms.

She died an inept terrorist.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement