Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Apparently when he opened Mar-a-Largo as a club he signed a covenant with the local city saying he could only use it as a residence a few days a year, and not permanently. Some neighbours are suing to ensure it's upheld after he leaves office. (The city didn't bother upholding it the past few years.)

Mar-a-lago is his official residence now and where he votes from. that covenant has been ignored.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Mar-a-lago is his official residence now and where he votes from. that covenant has been ignored.

Technically , he hasn't breeched the explicit law just yet . He hasn't "lived" there for longer than a few days at a time.

His registering to vote from there isn't a breach of the covenant - It's probably a technical breach of election law though...

The complaint was lodged by the locals a while back and was delayed repeated due to covid restrictions on the meetings of the local council.

They also went after him for trying to build a new boat dock in contravention of the planning laws - He pulled his planning application the day before the council were supposed to meet to review it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

eagle eye wrote: »
    It it was 80% white players what would you say?

Just look at the NASCAR fiasco, then you hopefully see where Trumps Allegiance lies

• Registered Users Posts: 9,483 ✭✭✭weisses

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Dont his privileges on AF1 end at noon on the 20th? Trump will have to get used to paying for how own air travel again.

The name of the plane changes with him on it on the 20th, but the former president gets one last flight back home on the plane.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭SnazzyPig

Could they not lure him out with a burger?

They could just hide in the Rose Garden making burger noises.

SnazzyPig wrote: »

that made me snort

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

SnazzyPig wrote: »

They could try this

• Registered Users Posts: 21,257 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Ugh, think of how much he's going to milk the secret service for flying on his jet and to live in one of his gaudy clubs. That has to be the worst assignment, especially after the complete disregard for them he showed with his drive around when he had covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Nope, many people would love to see him dragged out, believe me.

It would be an hilariously fitting finale if law enforcement had to storm the White House and drag him out kicking and screaming.

I can see his silly weave flapping all over the place in the wind as he's bundled onto the chopper at the point of a gun. His orange makeup dripping down his face, Rudy Guliani style.

Throw in the gravy seals and weekend warriors that are his supporters trying to fuck with trained SWAT teams and getting their asses handed to them.

It would be like the end of a Quentin Tarantino film.

:pac:

• Advertisement

Tony EH wrote: »
    It would be an hilariously fitting finale if law enforcement had to storm the White House and drag him out kicking and screaming.

I can see his silly weave flapping all over the place in the wind as he's bundled onto the chopper at the point of a gun. His orange makeup dripping down his face, Rudy Guliani style.

Throw in the gravy seals and weekend warriors that are his supporters trying to fuck with trained SWAT teams and getting their asses handed to them.

though that would be hilarious to see I don't see much need for storming. they can just walk in. the Secret Service will stand aside and not interfere.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,795 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Eoin wrote: »
    Ugh, think of how much he's going to milk the secret service for flying on his jet and to live in one of his gaudy clubs. That has to be the worst assignment, especially after the complete disregard for them he showed with his drive around when he had covid.

The information he knows will be a huge risk. Heaven knows he will try and get what he can for it, regardless of the legality of it...

Jesse R. Binnall speech likely ruffled a few democrat feathers.

Binnal says a team has gathered evidence of 130,000 vote irregularities just in Nevada alone.

42,000 people on the voter roll in just Nevada alone voted more than once.

His team he says found different variations in first name and married/maiden name. They have the same address and birthday on a ballot.

He says his team identified 15,000 votes sent in from vacant addresses and empty commercial buildings. The person on the voter roll no longer at that address. They counted the ballot..

These claims are not surprising to me. You basically only have a ballot, signature and address and nobody at the polling station is checking if that person still at that listed address and was legally ok to vote.

https://twitter.com/dcexaminer/status/1339263888785776640

"Networks don't get to decide elections. Courts do".

- Rudolph William Louis Giuliani

The Courts *have* decided that all of Trump's cases are bogus.

It's done. Give it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,450 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Tony EH wrote: »

Don't forget the good silverware spilling out of his pockets

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

duploelabs wrote: »
    Don't forget the good silverware spilling out of his pockets

There’s a good spitting image sketch on that, melania pulling copper out of the walls.

I'm a bloke and I genuinely feel that a lot of Republicans really can't stand a woman doing well. Reminds me of a few posters here....

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1339382084062883840?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'm a bloke and I genuinely feel that a lot of Republicans really can't stand a woman doing well. Reminds me of a few posters here....

https://twitter.com/justinbaragona/status/1339382084062883840?s=19

Anyone that informs themselves using him is a moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,020 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

salmocab wrote: »
    Anyone that informs themselves using him is a moron.

I sometimes rewatch the footage of John Stewart humiliating him on CNN's Crossfire all those years ago. It is still so satisfying. Showed the YouTube clip of it to the wife and a couple of her friends a few months back. They had never seen it before. They thought it was hilarious that Stewart went on Carlson's own show and spanked him. As one of them said, how did he ever get another gig after that?

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

robinph wrote: »
    Trump will leave voluntary, although probably quietly through the back door. But he may just have realised that if he waits until the morning of the 20th and makes sure he rolls around on the Oval office floor a bit that morning, Biden will be denied any photo opportunity of him sitting in the Oval office behind the desk that day as they will have to fumigate the place still. Trump will also still have Air Force 1 for another day to take him away somewhere.

Doesn't leave Biden with much of the trappings of presidency to stand in front of for the next day's newspapers. They will have multiple helicopters and presumably have a few spare limos, but he'll have to avoid the White House for the day.

AF1 will be fueled and ready to go wherever the President of the United States needs it to be on January 20. The outgoing president would need to make other arrangements, or as has been suggested leave voluntarily before the 20th.

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    I sometimes rewatch the footage of John Stewart humiliating him on CNN's Crossfire all those years ago. It is still so satisfying. Showed the YouTube clip of it to the wife and a couple of her friends a few months back. They had never seen it before. They thought it was hilarious that Stewart went on Carlson's own show and spanked him. As one of them said, how did he ever get another gig after that?

He's a total gobshyte who thinks just laughing at his debate guest will win the day. Then it doesnt. He spends the rest of his career sounding like this, when he's not fake-laughing at 'guests' he invites on to tear them down:

https://twitter.com/girlsreallyrule/status/1339111647051452416?s=20

I'm not at all surprised he's trying to make doctorates of first ladies a scandal. What else would he have talked about since monday: losing the election? :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Overheal wrote: »
    AF1 will be fueled and ready to go wherever the President of the United States needs it to be on January 20. The outgoing president would need to make other arrangements, or as has been suggested leave voluntarily before the 20th.

The formers presidents get one last flight on the plane after inauguration:
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4103142/Obama-1-flight-Air-Force-One-ex-president.html

Granted they have a spare plane for Biden still, so not like he'll actually be without a plane but Trump would get a last flight on the other one.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭drogon.

I highly recommend folks watch some of the good pieces Vox has done on the news channels in the US. Pretty eye opening !

There are more on their site

• Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭eire4

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The Republican Party is an embarrassment. For the self proclaimed party of the Constitution and party of state rights, they've spent the last few weeks assaulting both in historic fashion. They've enabled and indulged an incompetent man-child and have radicalised millions of their voters to hate democracy. Not sure where they go next.

The same direction they have been going since Reagan, further and further to the right until they get to full on authoritarianism. At this point they at best are only a quasi-democratic party as it is IMHO.

Can someone redneck'splain to me how this executive order is supposed to turn over the election to the author of said executive order?

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2018/09/14/2018-20203/imposing-certain-sanctions-in-the-event-of-foreign-interference-in-a-united-states-election

AFAIK the 'hope' goes that DNI will yell fraud, which automagically means thunderdome election, or something.

Like, even Sec. 14 makes abundantly clear the order doesn't 'trump' existing law (like you know, the way we count electors)

eire4 wrote: »
    The same direction they have been going since Reagan, further and further to the right until they get to full on authoritarianism. At this point they at best are only a quasi-democratic party as it is IMHO.

Goes further back to Nixon committing treason to help his election. Big mistake by LBJ not making it public imo.
    You could go further back to McCarthy and his reds under the bed investigations for the habit that they have of making accusations without regard for evidence and political repression.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭eire4

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Goes further back to Nixon committing treason to help his election. Big mistake by LBJ not making it public imo.
    You could go further back to McCarthy and his reds under the bed investigations for the habit that they have of making accusations without regard for evidence and political repression.

Sadly all so true.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,610 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The GOP's sole purpose is to hold power.

Of Course all politicians want to be in power and will do a lot of things to get there ,but the GOP will quite literally do anything to get or retain power.

There is no Bridge too far , no Rubicon they won't cross , no norm they won't shatter.

All that Trump has provided is the added layer of utter bald-faced lying.

Of course they've all lied before , but Trump has taken it to a whole new level of shamelessness.

You can see his vacuous reflexive lying now being replicated by any number of GOP operatives as they deny absolute fact and reality without a flicker of embarrassment or remorse.

Just like their petty, small-minded leader.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Christy42

DubInMeath wrote: »

I mean it is the same tactic they are doing now. I have McConnell of all people called a commie. As well the frequent line of commie's aren't people so they can be "pro life" and talk about carrying out their sadistic fantasies (I don't they will but there is a non insignificant portion of his base who really want to shoot someone)

A good listen for an update on Trump's legal woes

https://pca.st/episode/7177fd63-df0f-4a1e-9d7a-dffec2e6914c

• Advertisement

Christy42 wrote: »
    I mean it is the same tactic they are doing now. I have McConnell of all people called a commie. As well the frequent line of commie's aren't people so they can be "pro life" and talk about carrying out their sadistic fantasies (I don't they will but there is a non insignificant portion of his base who really want to shoot someone)

I now have Trumpers calling Justice Roberts a CCP agent and a epstein co-conspiring pedophile. How quickly they turn - and somehow, there's nothing in their brain that makes them think they need a reality check.

8Wm50d5.png

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement