Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

Sand wrote: »
    As a military veteran she had sworn an oath to defend the republic against all enemies, foreign and domestic. She went through a doorway paid for with her taxes to speak to her democratic representatives. Why they were so afraid of an unarmed American that they would prefer to shoot her than speak to her says a lot for where American politics is right now.

I'm pretty sure there's not any point in modern history where she wouldn't have been at incredibly high risk of being shot in that scenario. Trying to gain unauthorised access via a window to a room that contains some of the highest ranking politicians... Do you really believe the nonsense you're pushing?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

As a military veteran she had sworn an oath to defend the republic against all enemies, foreign and domestic. She went through a doorway paid for with her taxes to speak to her democratic representatives. Why they were so afraid of an unarmed American that they would prefer to shoot her than speak to her says a lot for where American politics is right now.

She didn't "go through the door" she broke in/tresspassed.

Who says she just wanted to "speak with them"? Do you know what she was thinking at that time?

Proof that she was unarmed please?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

This is a crazy thread. I think Biden will win but I think Trump will win.
    I'll take that bet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

No, I'm not trying to equate them at all. One was self defense. The other was shooting a military veteran for crossing a doorway. That you think there is any equivalence at all is interesting, but its not my position.

Nonsense, you compared the two repeatedly.

The only comparison is that both Lil Rambo Rittenhouse and the Air Force nutjob chose to break laws and insert themselves into riots.

What's that right wing meme 'Play stupid games, win stupid prizes'? They both got what they deserved... well Rittenhouse got lucky initially but hopefully it will catch up with him soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,563 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The Mueller investigation was part of 4 years of the bed being shat over the fact that he got elected.

Yes.

That tends to happen after your entire Intelligence Community warns you, publicly, that Russia interfered in the 2016 election and did so to benefit Donald Trump. You take that quite seriously. Why would you not? It would just be normal if US troll farms descended on Ireland and affected your elections? No, in fact as I recall there were many upset Irish that facebook dared to allow sponsored content from the United States that spoke in favor of repealing the 8th amendment to the Irish Constitution. I presume you even had some folks arguing the entire referendum was rigged as a result?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Sand

I'm pretty sure there's not any point in modern history where she wouldn't have been at incredibly high risk of being shot in that scenario.

Did you have the same perception when a mob of grown men were chasing down a boy with a rifle?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

everlast75 wrote: »
    I listened to the audio of the mob in the building and heard them chanting "fight for Trump".

As if that ****ing narcissist gave 2 sh1ts for anyone else other than himself.

He had already left his fans stranded after rallies in sub zero temperatures.

He exposes them to covid knowing how deadly it can be.

Laughable idiocy.

Lol. That's the crux of it isn't it?

They are fighting for this POS One-percenter, claiming he is defending them against an uncaring incompetent elite.

I just hope none of them worked for the Jet Propulsion Laboratory...

• Registered Users Posts: 22,429 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Are you kidding me?

What a crock of sh1t

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 382 ✭✭oldtimeyfella

Her military status should have told her she was in the wrong, also...she didn't "cross a doorway" she attempted to gain access to the highest echelons of the US government during an invasion of the capitol building.

Stop trying to paint her as some innocent peaceful protestor!

Also, i doubt she was wearing her medals pinned to her chest whilst yelling that she was a former vet as she clambered through that window.

I don't like the whole "she got what she deserved" narrative but it isn't surprising that she was shot. She would have know what she was doing was stupid and she was facing the barrel of a gun but she still proceeded.

**** knows what went wrong with her. Apparently her husband has no idea she had even gone to DC that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,313 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I'm loving the idea that the mob storming the Capitol, some of whom were dressed in military fatigues while carrying restraints to take hostages and others were chanting "hang Mike Pence", were actually there to have a bit of a chin-wag with Nancy Pelosi and the other members of Congress...

• Advertisement

Did you have the same perception when a mob of grown men were chasing down a boy with a rifle?

Still trying hard to equivocate the two issues I see.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Nonsense, you compared the two repeatedly.

The only comparison is that both Lil Rambo Rittenhouse and the Air Force nutjob chose to break laws and insert themselves into riots.

What's that right wing meme 'Play stupid games, win stupid prizes'? They both got what they deserved... well Rittenhouse got lucky initially but hopefully it will catch up with him soon.

I'm not equating them. I think they are different scenarios. If the capitol police shooter had been attacked in chaotic circumstances and he was in fear of his life, I'd say fair enough - stupid games, stupid prizes as you say. But he wasn't. He shot her dead for crossing a doorway when she never attacked him and neither his life nor anyone else's was in any immediate risk.

The great and good in America - politicians, media, corporations - have completely opposed views on both cases but its not down to any standard that is principled.

Any reason you left out the rest of the post? It's almost as if you're trying to engage in a pretty dishonest discussion or something..

Why did Donald put up extra fences around the WH and bring in hundreds of troops to protect himself from BLM protesters and then hide in his bunker? Surely he should be happy to let them all in to speak to their president... :rolleyes:

• Sand wrote: »

So we should let any auld looney with (or without) a weapon through to democratically elected officials unvetted?

Right....that's going to work well.

And what about the hundreds of people behind her?

e.g. Arrested for obstruction ... if the cops come down heavy enough they will always find something.

@ Jill_Valentine thanks for the info

Well if you actually do something illegal like financial fraud, lying to investigators and identify theft among other things then yeah the cops as you put it will find it when investigating you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

What in the fook did I just read!!!

First off, she went through the door!!! The door was closed and barricaded, the window had been smashed in. This is how she getting through the door.

Is pelosi her rep? Even if she is, you don't just rock up to the place and demand to speak to people, there is say like make a phone call to arrange a time to get to speak to her.

Probably afraid to see peaceful protestors smashing windows, the peaceful protestors dressed in military garb and bullet proof vest and gas masks etc.. You have your gun drawn and giving instructions to these peaceful protestors to get back and they don't comply.. the peaceful protestor then starts to climb through the barricaded door... Yeah, it's time shoot.. and see how reserved he was? Just one shot, other police shootings end up in the full clips being unloaded.

The is some weird ass slant you have what got her killed!

Apparently her husband has no idea she had even gone to DC that day.

BS. She left from California. She posted videos. Unless they're divorced or something I can't imagine he didn't notice she was gone the past few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

If we're really going to lean in on her "military veteran" status I might point out it is a big giant red flag that she left the Air Force after 14 years at the rank she did. You cannot be an E4 for 14 years, which means she was demoted back down to it, and 14 years is a weird amount of time in terms of qualifying for benefits. It is not unlikely she was basically kicked out.

Meanwhile her "rank at the time of separation from the (Air National Guard) was not immediately available."

Why did Donald put up extra fences around the WH and bring in hundreds of troops to protect himself from BLM protesters and then hide in his bunker? Surely he should be happy to let them all in to speak to their president... :rolleyes:

He was afraid of the people. As were the supposed representatives of the people back on Jan 6th.

I think that is telling about where America is at.
    First off, she went through the door!!! The door was closed and barricaded, the window had been smashed in. This is how she getting through the door.

So the sentence for peaceful protest is death? Did the law change since last summer?

• Advertisement

Sand, have you seen the other ex military vets that were roaming around looking to "chat" with their reps?

They were carrying law enforcement grade cable ties..

I'm not equating them. I think they are different scenarios. If the capitol police shooter had been attacked in chaotic circumstances and he was in fear of his life, I'd say fair enough - stupid games, stupid prizes as you say. But he wasn't. He shot her dead for crossing a doorway when she never attacked him and neither his life nor anyone else's was in any immediate risk.

The great and good in America - politicians, media, corporations - have completely opposed views on both cases but its not down to any standard that is principled.

You say you're not equating them and then moan that people aren't treating them equitably. :confused:

He shot her dead for the same reason that if I jump the fence of the Whitehouse with a backpack and smashed down the door of a room with the president in it I'd rightfully be shot.

Not quite sure if you're coming at this in bad faith or don't understand basic terms like 'equate' so I'll leave it here.

If we're really going to lean in on her "military veteran" status I might point out it is a big giant red flag that she left the Air Force after 14 years at the rank she did. You cannot be an E4 for 14 years, which means she was demoted, and 14 years is a weird amount of time in terms of qualifying for benefits. It is not unlikely she was basically kicked out.

Meanwhile her "rank at the time of separation from the (Air National Guard) was not immediately available."

The fact she was a veteran just makes it worse, especially being a capitol guardian; it only reinforces that she knew what she was doing was clearly wrong, and would be met at the end of the line with lethal force. She was trained to know it.

He was afraid of the people. As were the supposed representatives of the people back on Jan 6th.

So the sentence for peaceful protest is death? Did the law change since last summer?

Point we're it was peaceful

How did he know this? What is your military/police background/experience?

Overheal wrote: »
    BS. She left from California. She posted videos. Unless they're divorced or something I can't imagine he didn't notice she was gone the past few days.

Not sure about her but the family of the woman that was crushed to death is blaming Trump and his rhetoric for her death.

https://twitter.com/aungeliquefox5/status/1347325983393800194?s=20

What part exactly of her being in a mob storming the US Capitol are you not getting?

Not sure about her but the family of the woman that was crushed to death is blaming Trump and his rhetoric for her death.

https://twitter.com/aungeliquefox5/status/1347325983393800194?s=20

Guess who a majority of Republicans are blaming :rolleyes:

blame-for-Trump-or-biden.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I'm loving the idea that the mob storming the Capitol, some of whom were dressed in military fatigues while carrying restraints to take hostages and others were chanting "hang Mike Pence", were actually there to have a bit of a chin-wag with Nancy Pelosi and the other members of Congress...

And to make matters worse there was no sign in the video of Nancy Pelosi walking down the corridor arriving with tea and biscuits to talk to these concerned citizens, she is such an inhospitable host

Meanwhile

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1348057969389404162?ref_src=twsrc%5Egoogle%7Ctwcamp%5Eserp%7Ctwgr%5Etweet

• Advertisement

In his avatar by the looks of it. Fully qualified.. got the cod kill streaks to prove it

Awwwww damnnnnnn thats me told so :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement