Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

Are they in Ireland? If not who gives a sh*t.
    Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Sand wrote: »
    Okay, but why isnt that stupid games/stupid prizes view the narrative when BLM find their next reason?

Because there is completely different contexts going on with those different situations..

This one, is the MAGA boys and girls have been sold a lie (to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars that will end up in Donald trump's bank accounts) that the election was stolen, it wasn't. He told them to march on the capitol building and stop the steal.. and those boys and girls came ready to fight for it.. bullet proof vests, bombs, guns, Tasers, cable ties..

If you had a brain and if you decided to engage it, you would realize there is a huge difference between some little skate boarder kid and the other thing that happened. Good luck with your trolling.

• ShadyAcres wrote: »
    Yes

Are they in Doonbeg?

Seen an article today and locals said Trump would be welcomed with open arms anytime. *I cringed a bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭ShadyAcres

Talk to them - best thing is to ask them if they think Trump would die for them. He absolutely would not.
    I know them but would never have any interaction with them. Im astounded at how brainwashed they are.
    All we have to do is wait until next weekend apparently.
    Next weekend will be just another day😊

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Hellotonever

ShadyAcres wrote: »
    Yes

To be honest, and I'm not being glib here. If someone in Ireland is that passionate about this Trump retardation cult that they might lash out and start pre-emptively harming people, the only cure might quite literally be a hard beating to brick them back to reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Because there is completely different contexts going on with those different situations..

This one, is the MAGA boys and girls have been sold a lie (to the tune of hundreds of millions of dollars that will end up in Donald trump's bank accounts) that the election was stolen, it wasn't. He told them to march on the capitol building and stop the steal.. and those boys and girls came ready to fight for it.. bullet proof vests, bombs, guns, Tasers, cable ties..

And equally US cops are called to deal with a suspected violent scenario which involves America's next BLM saint. We have a scenario now where people are openly reviling a US military veteran who was shot dead whilst peacefully protesting, but at the same time a convicted felon who died - causes disputed - whilst trying to pass counterfeit bills in a shop is a multinational corporate hero. What is the difference here other than the media narrative?

The MAGA crowd are suckered into a fake narrative. Don't get me wrong, Trump deserves everything that is coming to him. But lets not pretend the fake news and media bubbles are all one way. America is a hugely divided country and this is just one more tool to further that division.

While all this punch and judy show is going on does anyone remember that Democrats have watered student debt forgiveness down to just $10,000? Maybe not even that?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

And equally US cops are called to deal with a suspected violent scenario which involves America's next BLM saint. We have a scenario now where people are openly reviling a US military veteran who was shot dead whilst peacefully protesting, but at the same time a convicted felon who died - causes disputed - whilst trying to pass counterfeit bills in a shop is a multinational corporate hero. What is the difference here other than the media narrative?

The MAGA crowd are suckered into a fake narrative. Don't get me wrong, Trump deserves everything that is coming to him. But lets not pretend the fake news and media bubbles are all one way. America is a hugely divided country and this is just one more tool to further that division.

While all this punch and judy show is going on does anyone remember that Democrats have watered student debt forgiveness down to just $10,000? Maybe not even that?

So passing a fake $20 in a corner store is worse than trying to storm the chamber where 99% of the US government are meeting?

And she was not "peacefully protesting"

Meanwhile

https://twitter.com/RBReich/status/1348048778721374209?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 83,560 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

So passing a fake $20 in a corner store is worse than trying to storm the chamber where 99% of the US government are meeting?

Meanwhile

In 2013, Senator Ted Cruz responded to the question "Why Don’t We Impeach [Obama]?" with "Good question... and I’ll tell you the simplest answer: To successfully impeach a president you need the votes in the U.S. Senate." That year, when asked if Obama had committed impeachable offenses on immigration and health care, Cruz said the implementation of the Affordable Care Act was "lawless", and said of impeachment, "That’s a question for the House ultimately... My responsibility would be to render judgment."[21][22][23]

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Meanwhile

Well a clear crime is worse than peaceful protest, but even than my position isnt that GF deserved death - he should just been subdued and gone to jail. Whereas you are claiming that AB deserved to be shot dead for crossing a doorway. Christ, you think that girl should have been shot dead for throwing cold coffee on Varadkar. Not very proportionate at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,173 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Once Biden is in, the horror stories of the hashed mail in ballot election will drip out month after month.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Well a clear crime is worse than peaceful protest, but even than my position isnt that GF deserved death - he should just been subdued and gone to jail. Whereas you are claiming that AB deserved to be shot dead for crossing a doorway. Christ, you think that girl should have been shot dead for throwing cold coffee on Varadkar. Not very proportionate at all.

Do you honestly think storming the Capitol constitutes peaceful protest? And do you not think armed security are going to take zero chances holding back a mob when they are evacuating the politicians away from said mob.

Amazon Web Services are no longer interested in hosting Parler.

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1348092163708612609?s=20

ErVieRcWMAE2xqZ?format=jpg&name=large

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSlyvjSh-q4ZfcQxJX-i5JsNNWbfJIUg-PgGQ&usqp=CAU

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Just a biit more background on Ashli Babbit
    She then served in the Air Force Reserves and the Air National Guard. In the Guard, she was assigned to a unit based near Washington that is known as the “Capital Guardians,” because one of their primary missions is defending the city. Security forces in the squadron regularly train with riot shields and clubs for what the Air Force calls “civil disturbance missions.”

In her previous job was literally trained in defending Washington from protests that became violent. Out of all the people there rioting she had the most knowledge of scenarios where the police would open fire, having held this very job herself

Nonetheless just a week before her death
    Ashli Babbitt had been preparing for this day, the day when world events would turn her way. When a discouraged friend on Twitter asked last week, “When do we start winning?” Ms. Babbitt had an answer: “Jan 6, 2021.”
    She retweeted a post that promised a violent uprising that would lead to Mr. Trump’s second inauguration.

“Nothing will stop us,” she wrote on Twitter the day before her death. “They can try and try and try but the storm is here and it is descending upon DC in less than 24 hours …. dark to light!
    https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/07/us/who-was-ashli-babbitt.html

She was showing up for a fight and she got one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

A bit of a rewind here, trump has been building what happened on Wednesday for MONTHS, the big fat lie that the only way he could lose, was if it was stolen.. why? For a big grift off of his "beloved" people, they thought he cared for them, he didn't not one iota.. he caused that woman's death, he caused the death of the police officer and the others.. Donald Trump caused their deaths (peaceful or not) the family are back on the grift now, looking donation to build a news network..

The GF situation, he was subdued.. even after he died he was still being subdued..

Why it matters so much that she was ex military is a bit weird, she could of been a soccer mom or a saint.. what happened was her own fault, she bought into the stupidity of Donald and paid the piper.

I'll post this again.. in case you missed it.

https://twitter.com/JulianCastro/status/1347778310495985664?s=19

Gimme stone silence for life then listening to that garbage and then rocking up face to face with someone with a gun pointed at you, telling you not come through the door and you still do it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,719 ✭✭✭✭markodaly

Overheal wrote: »
    Yes, that's the logic they have to take. She could have been strapped up. These were lawmakers, and these people chanted they wanted them dead. IEDs were also found in the siege, along with molotov cocktails. Several of those arrested were carrying concealed weapons and firearms - a serious federal crime in DC.

I'll bookmark this for the next time an ANTIFA or BLM march gets out of hand.
    Anyone with a bag or backpack could be carrying a WMD or IED so needs to be shot and disabled before they come near any government of federal building.

For the record, I have no quibble or complaints that she was shot and killed, but the hypocrisy by some on display when it comes to that police action and other police action, involving BLM or others, is quite frankly outstanding.

You're on protective detail to some of the most high profile people in the world.

An unknown person smashes a window and attempts to climb through wearing a back pack.

Do you

A: Ask the person nicely to not do that?

B: Shout several warnings while pointing a gun at them and when they don't comply open fire?

There's only one correct answer and it isn't A

Oh, no complaints about the fact she was shot dead but at least don't make stuff up about the situation either.
    Also, would be nice to keep that logic when it comes to other police action in the future.

markodaly wrote: »
    Anyone with a bag or backpack could be carrying a WMD or IED so needs to be shot and disabled before they come near any government of federal building.

For the record, I have no quibble or complaints that she was shot and killed, but the hypocrisy by some on display when it comes to that police action and other police action, involving BLM or others, is quite frankly outstanding.

That's fine, if BLM forms a militia that storms through a federal building and tries to kidnap and kill elected US officials, there'd have to be some incredible extenuation for it not to be justifiable for the bodyguards to protect their charges with lethal force.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭ToddDameron

That's fine, if BLM forms a militia that storms through a federal building and tries to kidnap and kill elected US officials, there'd have to be some incredible extenuation for it not to be justifiable for the bodyguards to protect their charges with lethal force.

What if people don't follow police instructions in general? Or approach police when ordered not to?

Whatever about BLM, ANTIFA or their cousins have been trying to burn down Federal buildings in Portland for months now.

I guess, the police are free to open up on them all of a sudden?
    Fair is fair after all, or I guess that is different?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Once Biden is in, the horror stories of the hashed mail in ballot election will drip out month after month.

Wishful thinking.

If Trump's legal team couldn't dig up enough via all the Republican legislators in states around the country to make even a single viable court case any stories which will come out will in all likelihood be more of the baseless nonsense from Republican supporters which we saw surface throughout November and December.

Bear in mind the Texas official who offered $1M to anyone who could come up with proof of voter fraud. He still seems to be refusing to pay this money to his Pennsylvanian counterpart who has evidence of a Trump supporter using his dead dad's ballot to vote for Trump.

Any we already know the story of Trump putting a lackey in charge of the USPS in an effort to restrict the delivery of ballots through the postal system. Is that the 'hashed mail in ballot' story you are referring to?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Oh, no complaints about the fact she was shot dead but at least don't make stuff up about the situation either.
    Also, would be nice to keep that logic when it comes to other police action in the future.

Context continues to matter.

Several hundred people in that crowd explicitly wanted to kill Mike Pence and any number of others, and if the crowd hadn't been stopped there and then, as far as I can tell there wasn't a single other physical obstacle beyond those agents at that time.

They built a gallows to do it complete with platform and steps. This was not a little march or sit in about some other cause that lost the run of itself, they gathered with the express cause of overturning the election by force. They said it themselves.

If you're a personal bodyguard to the second in command of, essentially, the world, and some swivel eyed loon at the head of a violent mob hollering about hanging your boss and overrunning the Capitol ignores your instruction to stop and smashes into the room, you have only one rational option.

There is no analogous equivalence to that because it's literally unprecedented in the last 100 years of American politics.

Several hundred people in that crowd explicitly wanted to kill Mike Pence and any number of others, and if the crowd hadn't been stopped there and then, as far as I can tell there wasn't a single other physical obstacle beyond those agents at that time.

They built a gallows to do it complete with platform and steps. This was not a little march or sit in about some other cause that lost the run of itself, they gathered with the express cause of overturning the election by force. They said it themselves.

If you're a personal bodyguard to the second in command of, essentially, the world, and some swivel eyed loon at the head of a violent mob hollering about hanging your boss and overrunning the Capitol ignores your instruction to stop and smashes into the room, you have only one rational option.

There is no analogous equivalence to that because it's literally unprecedented in the last 100 years of American politics.

That's all well and good in theory until you are a cop isolated and outnumbered in a riot situation, do you just take a beating because it isn't happening in the Capitol?

This springs to mind:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2016/07/09/us/dallas-police-shooting.amp.html

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Unless someone told you a BLM antifa were to storm the exact same way, and that they would disapprove of the same lethal action toward an insurrectionist, what you say is pointless.

I put them all on the same level playing field: " You feck with the people who legitimately represent the interests of the nation; you feck with your life.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭dwayneshintzy

deBeauvoir wrote: »
    Epstein didn't kill himself!
    Probably, yeah;

https%3A%2F%2Fspecials-images.forbesimg.com%2Fimageserve%2F1168875173%2F0x0.jpg%3FcropX1%3D180%26cropX2%3D1902%26cropY1%3D651%26cropY2%3D1620
    nn_sgo_trump_epstein_tape_190717_1920x1080.focal-760x428.jpg
    106005590-1596549353279-106005590-1562493708140gettyimages-700334384.jpg?v=1596549374

No complaints to me about context, but I wonder how long will it be that context continues to matter.

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    Unless someone told you a BLM antifa were to storm the exact same way, and that they would disapprove of the same lethal action toward an insurrectionist, what you say is pointless.

I put them all on the same level playing field: " You feck with the people who legitimately represent the interests of the nation; you feck with your life.

You still had an incident of a cop saying don't come any further, and being forced to open fire because the command wasn't heeded. That situation can happen anywhere. A suspicious looking man approaches a cop and doesn't stop when told, the cop isn't gonna sit around and think "well this isn't a riot in the Capitol, let's just see what happens." The moral of the story is follow police commands, always. No good can come from ignoring US police. I don't think in a cops' mind someone invading their space and being aggressive is any less threatening whether its the Capitol or a BLM protest.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,729 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

sabat wrote: »
    Any links to the other 4 deaths? Names, jobs, c.o.d etc.

Can you not use google?

Can you not use google?

It's not an unreasonable question. Google is noisy with links that are mixes of fresh and obsolete information about the siege. I was trying to look for it myself!

edit: gottit

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/08/capitol-attack-police-officer-five-deaths

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭This is it

I'm just saying that's what will happen. Stories will come out, and Trump will be like '' I told you ''

More nonsense

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement