Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,019 ✭✭✭Christy42

I see they are opting for war over on the Donald.win.

They have been eager for it for a while. In spite of being confident in the 3d chess. Hopefully they don't follow through with the war bit but remember not to vote in a "corrupt" system ever again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

It's quite remarkable to see an official GOP outlet suggesting that they should break out and form a new union. This was once the party that prided itself on defending the US constitution.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,691 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    It's quite remarkable to see an official GOP outlet suggesting that they should break out and form a new union. This was once the party that prided itself on defending the US constitution.

They cheered like drunks at a strip club as he tweeted 'Law and Order' while pardoning convicted felons and had 215 indictments tied to his administration.

There is no debate any more as to which is party is genuinely more interested in the good of society. There are plenty career politicians and opportunists within the Democrats but they're 'radicals' are interested in reducing education debt and providing greater access to healthcare while the other side are screaming about an individuals rights to not wear a mask while denying a woman the right to control what she does with her body and planning to create a broke 3rd world country in North America.

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭drogon.

People posting stuff on Twitter from Parler, eejits calling for civil war and calling the three SCOTUS Judges as Traitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,453 ✭✭✭AllForIt

eagle eye wrote: »
    I'm not hugely upset at Time giving Joe Biden and Kamala Harris person of the year. I'd love to have seen Trump's face when he heard it.
    With the year we've had though I think it should have been given jointly to the BLM movement and frontline healthcare workers.

The BLM movement? And the award for best rioter in a noble cause is ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 38,542 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

AllForIt wrote:
    The BLM movement? And the award for best rioter in a noble cause is ...
    I never mentioned rioters. They are not part of BLM. I'm sure some criminals used it to hide their real agendas, similar to Trump in many ways.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

I never mentioned rioters. They are not part of BLM. I'm sure some criminals used it to hide their real agendas, similar to Trump in many ways.

The venn diagram of BLM support and rioters is a circle. Even the ones that arent rioting are calling for police to be defunded and defending or hiding rioters in their mix

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

• Registered Users Posts: 36,155 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1337749020706549762

Seems twitter is stopping people from replying to his tweets now

Pretty sure they have every right to do so... Probably don't want them to become a congregation spot for the far right.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,236 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

The venn diagram of BLM support and rioters is a circle. Even the ones that arent rioting are calling for police to be defunded and defending or hiding rioters in their mix
    It's not really though

That's your belief, a pretty racist view on things.
    Calling for police to be refunded isn't violence.
    If police are murdering people then they are not law abiding citizens. Why would you fund criminals?
    There's lots of work to be done to repair the damage from earlier this year and it will be done and hopefully properly with multicultural oversight committees to make sure that those that are there to serve and protect are law abiding citizens and doing the job properly.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

Pity he left out the bit where they say they would have given no relief to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,302 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

This man is toxic and dangerous. A calamity he ever got elected.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

Said it before but I will say it again. It's only a matter of time before someone is killed because of his inciteful tweets.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,798 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

ChikiChiki wrote: »
    Said it before but I will say it again. It's only a matter of time before someone is killed because of his inciteful tweets.

People have already been killed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,038 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

92% of BLM protests were peaceful, some definitely did end in violent but the vast vast majority were peaceful. And of those that turned violent some were instigated by right ring agitators.

But, you’re not interested in facts as they don’t line up with your prejudices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭ExMachina1000

Smee_Again wrote: »
    92% of BLM protests were peaceful, some definitely did end in violent but the vast vast majority were peaceful. And of those that turned violent some were instigated by right ring agitators.

But, you’re not interested in facts as they don’t line up with your prejudices.

How did right wing agitators inspire criminals within protests to loot nikes and TVs from shops?

The fact that business owners had to write "blm supporter " and "black owned business " on the boards that covered their windows and doors.

How did right wing agitators inspire criminals within protests to loot nikes and TVs from shops?

The fact that business owners had to write "blm supporter " and "black owned business " on the boards that covered their windows and doors.

Did someone claim they did?

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Did someone claim they did?

I would class looting and destruction of business as a type of violence.

You did

• Advertisement

The whiff of racism off your post is strong.
    As I said to another poster,for sure there were criminals hiding amongst the peaceful protesters. That's what criminals do, like murderers getting hired as police officers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,444 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Right wing agitators inspired the likes of Dylan Roof amongst others, but that doesn't fit with your narrative does it?

You did

Nope, he claimed there was cases of right wing agitators in some cases, not all. Also that the majority of protests were peaceful. All of which is true.

Also there were instances of Trump supporters pointing guns at peaceful protesters. An elderly peaceful protester getting a brain injury as a result of riot police. The Police running over protesters in New York. That doesn't warrant a mention from you though.

The whiff of racism off your post is strong.
    As I said to another poster,for sure there were criminals hiding amongst the peaceful protesters. That's what criminals do, like murderers getting hired as police officers.

Can you explain the "racism " accusation?

Would you like pictures of the slogans written on boarded up business?

https://www.latimes.com/business/story/2020-06-03/business-owners-plywood-looting-theft

Have a read of that and make up your own mind.
    "70% of street level businesses boarded up"

You did

Maybe re-read what I actually wrote not what you think I wrote.

It doesn’t mean what you think it means.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,312 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1337749020706549762

His Twitter account should be suspended permanently. He is doing massive damage to the fabric of US society - you can say what you want about free speech, but this guy has over 80 million followers. He is a danger to every single one of those people.

• Registered Users Posts: 960 ✭✭✭Triangle

His Twitter account should be suspended permanently. He is doing massive damage to the fabric of US society - you can say what you want about free speech, but this guy has over 80 million followers. He is a danger to every single one of those people.

There's reasons why so many follow him.
    The best route forward is to understand the reasons and fix the problems that lead to the polarisation.
    Shutting down his account is like brushing the dirt under a carpet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,950 ✭✭✭ChikiChiki

A lot of the following against are faceless. Surely a huge chunk of the following are bots whose duty is to rhile up the rhetoric and create even bigger divisions.

Twitter are an absolute disgrace for not having mechanisms to deal with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

"Inspiring"? On plenty of occasions they just did it themselves. Probably the most famous example, the right winger who fired on police officers and bragged about burning the station down in messages to his co conspirators, but I'm aware of about half a dozen other arrests that turned out to be Boogaloo boys trying to "false flag", which is likely only a small sample -

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-54670557

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,691 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

You know this.
    Umbrella Man: Minneapolis police link suspect to white supremacists

Police say Umbrella Man helped turn the largely peaceful protests violent.

Footage of the man wearing a mask and carrying an umbrella while smashing shop windows went viral online.

In the video, taken on 27 May, Umbrella Man can be seen breaking the windows with a hammer as people approach him trying to get him to stop. He then walks away from the scene.

Second bit in bold my emphasis.

I hope you are hating Trumps beating and the absolute show he has made of himself and likewise the GOP big players and conservative media personalities losing any hint of an ability to show themselves to be respectful of the rule of law and their famous constitution being ridiculed as much as I am enjoying watching it.

I long believed Trump wouldn't receive his comeuppance but man has he gone out of his way to show how much this is hurting him and how incapable he is of accepting that once again he is the least popular candidate out of those with any chance of winning. A 100% record for him in that respect.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement