Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

I see the Republicans are getting extremely butthurt because Biden’s incoming deputy chief of staff Jen O’Malley called them a bunch of fùckers :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I see the Republicans are getting extremely butthurt because Biden’s incoming deputy chief of staff Jen O’Malley called them a bunch of fùckers :pac:

she is being much more polite about them than I would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

you'd swear they were called ****hole countries

• Registered Users Posts: 25,585 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Overheal wrote: »
    you'd swear they were called ****hole countries

They were all pretty quiet when Ted Yoho called AOC a fùcking bitch.

Christy42 wrote: »
    I mean it is the same tactic they are doing now. I have McConnell of all people called a commie. As well the frequent line of commie's aren't people so they can be "pro life" and talk about carrying out their sadistic fantasies (I don't they will but there is a non insignificant portion of his base who really want to shoot someone)

Bit ironic given trump supporters wearing better Russian than Democrat tops alright, but don't think that they understand the fact.

• Advertisement

They were all pretty quiet when Ted Yoho called AOC a fùcking bitch.

Oh god, I had completely forgotten about that.

• Looking at that country now. Its going to be some effort to clean up this mess and unite after. Based on all personality indicators, cannot see Trump leaving peacefully when it comes down to it without pushing his support base to an extreme action.

An utter embarressment America has become. An embarressment in the first place that a crook like Trump could ever be elected.

Okay, I figured out why so many Parler-bots think EO 13848 is their knight in shining armor: because they are reading a butchered copy of it on blogs, like this I was sent to

https://spookdblog.blogspot.com/

Notice it lacks it's Sec. 14 in the blog version. The US National Archives however preserve it:

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2018/09/14/2018-20203/imposing-certain-sanctions-in-the-event-of-foreign-interference-in-a-united-states-election
    Sec. 14. (a) Nothing in this order shall be construed to impair or otherwise affect:
    (i) the authority granted by law to an executive department or agency, or the head thereof; or

(ii) the functions of the Director of the Office of Management and Budget relating to budgetary, administrative, or legislative proposals.

(b) This order shall be implemented consistent with applicable law and subject to the availability of appropriations.

Start Printed Page 46848
    (c) This order is not intended to, and does not, create any right or benefit, substantive or procedural, enforceable at law or in equity by any party against the United States, its departments, agencies, or entities, its officers, employees, or agents, or any other person.

If you don't want to click to the blog basically it's a fan-fiction about a legal coup d'etat founded on an intentionally misleading application of the law. Other posts on there also theorycraft about 'who really killed Antonin Scalia' etc.

If anyone wants to argue the election at this late stage you only need 2 documents really, both from Congress, with the latter going into deep detail on how the Jan 6 joint session plays out, as well as detailing how it has been done in the past, such as the 1960 election when Nixon received 2 electoral certs from Hawaii.

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/IF/IF11641

https://crsreports.congress.gov/product/pdf/RL/RL32717/12arch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,705 ✭✭✭Cheerful Spring2

if he has so much evidence of fraud why did he not submit it to a court?
    Judge Starr told the committee that most of the election fraud cases that have been dismissed from the courts have only been denied based on procedural issues rather than based on their merits. In other words, the media is wrong when it states that the courts found no fraud in the election. Starr and Sen. Rand Paul said it's more about the courts being reluctant to get involved in election results.

Starr further pointed to "flagrant" violations in Pennsylvania, for example, arguing "there was a clear violation of the law."

Big media was in the very same bed with the Biden lobby and they hardly even mentioned the controversy about Biden offspring before the election. They wanted Biden to win so badly the killed a legitimate news story. They decided was not in the public interest to hear it., that’s clear censorship

Big Media encouraging a false narrative no election fraud took place and all lies Of course they disregard this was a unprecedented election where Biden is the first person running for President to win the election by mail in voting.

I certain former presidents won their election by most people turning up to vote at the polling station? It’s the most reliable and almost fraud free way to vote. It’s just plain wrong for the media to claim a mail in vote has the same standard.

Dead people did vote in this election how that's even possible? Did that person send a ballot in from where is now in the afterlife? If you can show dead people voted by paper ballot ‘mail in’ that calls into question the whole thing. A dead person can’t vote, but the ballot still arrived, and was counted in the polling station.

Majority of the Swing states all stopped counting on Tuesday night like it was organized event. It was very odd how the vote stalled when Trump had substantial surpluses over Biden. Count resumes Wednesday, mystery ballots appeared and Biden had hundreds of thousands of new votes.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

It wasn’t odd in fact it was sure to happen. We knew that democrats voted massively early and postal, there was huge talk of it in the run up. Those votes weren’t allowed to be counted until afterwards and as they had to be taken out of envelopes and have the signature verified they were always going to be the last counted.

• Advertisement

Judge Starr told the committee that most of the election fraud cases that have been dismissed from the courts have only been denied based on procedural issues rather than based on their merits. In other words, the media is wrong when it states that the courts found no fraud in the election. Starr and Sen. Rand Paul said it's more about the courts being reluctant to get involved in election results.

Starr further pointed to "flagrant" violations in Pennsylvania, for example, arguing "there was a clear violation of the law."

What choice did the Courts have in many of these cases but to rule on procedure? Trump's lawyers sent them *PURPOSEFULLY* botched paperwork, typo-ridden screed, flawed math, and at the end of the day, told the judges "this is not a fraud case" "we are not alleging any fraudulent votes" etc.

That's been the point though hasn't it CS2: not to win the election, but keep alive the idea of winning for donations, filing bogus claims in court knowing you will fail, so you can turn right back around and yell about corrupt judges and get more money from your supporters. This is what is playing out right now. Sidney Powell files with the SCOTUS to rule on "The Element Amendment" not because she's an imbecile but because being so farcical is part and parcel of the agenda here, to build distrust in the courts and the lawful government. Texas, similarly, filed a lawsuit knowing it lacked standing and waiting to do so until not only well after the election, despite its suit claiming problems which could have been resolved before the votes were ever cast, and what more they waited until AFTER the electors had voted, ensuring that even if they had the best evidence (which, they don't), and had Original Standing to tell another state how to run its own elections: they'd lose their lawsuit instantaneously on 3 US Code Section 5 grounds. They knew it, if I knew it.

3 U.S. Code § 5.Determination of controversy as to appointment of electors
    U.S. Code
    Notes
    prev | next
    If any State shall have provided, by laws enacted prior to the day fixed for the appointment of the electors, for its final determination of any controversy or contest concerning the appointment of all or any of the electors of such State, by judicial or other methods or procedures, and such determination shall have been made at least six days before the time fixed for the meeting of the electors, such determination made pursuant to such law so existing on said day, and made at least six days prior to said time of meeting of the electors, shall be conclusive, and shall govern in the counting of the electoral votes as provided in the Constitution, and as hereinafter regulated, so far as the ascertainment of the electors appointed by such State is concerned.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 644, 62 Stat. 673.)

aslo: supplementary parler-bot rant - no, for the eleventeenth time, a federal law is not "unconstitutional" simply because it is "not in the constitution." Article I, br0thers, Congress has the authority to write law. Penalties for murder aren't in the constitution either, but neither is charging people for murder unconstituional. /rant

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

Big media was in the very same bed with the Biden lobby and they hardly even mentioned the controversy about Biden offspring before the election. They wanted Biden to win so badly the killed a legitimate news story. They decided was not in the public interest to hear it., that’s clear censorship

Big Media encouraging a false narrative no election fraud took place and all lies Of course they disregard this was a unprecedented election where Biden is the first person running for President to win the election by mail in voting.

I certain former presidents won their election by most people turning up to vote at the polling station? It’s the most reliable and almost fraud free way to vote. It’s just plain wrong for the media to claim a mail in vote has the same standard.

Dead people did vote in this election how that's even possible? Did that person send a ballot in from where is now in the afterlife? If you can show dead people voted by paper ballot ‘mail in’ that calls into question the whole thing. A dead person can’t vote, but the ballot still arrived, and was counted in the polling station.

Majority of the Swing states all stopped counting on Tuesday night like it was organized event. It was very odd how the vote stalled when Trump had substantial surpluses over Biden. Count resumes Wednesday, mystery ballots appeared and Biden had hundreds of thousands of new votes.

CS you keep spouting this but have you seen the video of the trump supporter openly admitting that she voted twice in different areas and not giving 2 Fcks about it? there is likely to have been these Gob$****es on each side but even Barr stated there was no evidence of widespread fraud.

Tippex wrote: »
    CS you keep spouting this but have you seen the video of the trump supporter openly admitting that she voted twice in different areas and not giving 2 Fcks about it? there is likely to have been these Gob$****es on each side but even Barr stated there was no evidence of widespread fraud.

Actually I have not seen that, but has she been prosecuted or was she just on a windup?

Overheal wrote: »
    Actually I have not seen that, but has she been prosecuted or was she just on a windup?

What's happening/happened to Kelly Reagan Brunner in Texas do you know, sort of fell of the news feeds after being charged from what I can see?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,009 ✭✭✭✭briany

It'll be a serious job for Trump to keep his base unified over the next 4 years such that he or a surrogate can successfully run for office in the next presidential election. It's a volatile group of people who are fuelled by paranoid conspiracy theory, and it'll only take one errant idea to take hold and then the base will be split in half. We've seen how they quickly turn on literally anyone with the neck to acknowledge reality in the slightest re: the 2020 election results, so there must be a large danger of them turning on one another as well.

And it would be a nice bit of schadenfreude watching Trump unsuccessfully trying to wrangle the monster he has created, along with the other more craven elements of the Republican party. Have fun closing up Pandora's box, lads.

You're doing it wrong. You need to chuck in a few random links to YouTube and Twitter as well. A wall of barely credible text alone doesn't get it done these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Christy42

Can you in fact show dead people voted? Any examples I can remember have been debunked.

Yes a lot has been thrown out on procedural. This does not mean that the courts have found to be fraud though either.

I have no idea what you think censorship is but that isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,795 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

You keep posting this nonsense. I'll keep repeating....

"Networks don't get to decide elections. Courts do".

- Rudolph William Louis Giuliani

The Courts *have* decided that all of Trump's cases are bogus.

It's done. Give it up.

Christy42 wrote: »
    Can you in fact show dead people voted? Any examples I can remember have been debunked.

Yes a lot has been thrown out on procedural. This does not mean that the courts have found to be fraud though either.

I have no idea what you think censorship is but that isn't it.

"Procedure" and "Technicality" is also another word for "Adhering to the Law"

The only point of getting so semantic about it is they are trying to establish a political justification for a political veto on the outcome of the election.

For that part, there may be reason to worry: we laugh at polls at how many people are 'convinced' Trump won this election, that this is a coup, whatever, but these politicians see those people as *constituents* and just like impeachment where Trump drummed up enough Republican sympathy, their voters gave them their all but unanimous consent to get Trump out of it because 'it was the right thing to do' 'it was such a sham' 'witch hunt' etc. - and sure enough, despite my highest hopes for the electorate, they were all but unanimously all still re-elected to their seats, those who were up for contention. So, what is to say they don't try something categorically bat**** crazy on the 6th, that doesn't even make legal sense, but ends up just being enough political theater to make half of the country think "Oh my God, Trump just won the election fair and square." Even if they were ultimately unsuccessful, the state of unrest would be immediate and proportional. If they are successful, well, the response would be immediate and proportional.

This is a stimulating read: a political science author wrote in 2019 what kind of crazy scenario might take place in 2020's election. He was - really close. Trump did declare victory on election night, did declare fraud and theft, there are alternate GOP electors (though, unlike in this case study, they lack any authorization from their governor or their 2-chamber legislature), and there are tangible likelihoods that Republicans will invoke objections to the count in January.

https://lawecommons.luc.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=2719&context=luclj

As you read it and compare it to what's actually transpired it's eerily familiar, but also upon reading through the analyses he does and the citations of law it makes it clear as things actually stand there's no way the whole election isn't over. Really fun read, since knowing what actually happened it's drizzling with ironies that are frankly delightful:
    *19. One could consider the possibility that Pennsylvania’s governor, or judiciary, might attempt
    to prevent the two chambers of the state’s legislature meeting for this purpose.
    For this analysis, I
    shall assume that any such attempt would either not occur or not be successful. At the extreme, the
    Republican members of the state legislature would likely be able to find a place to assemble, even
    if it were not the official statehouse even if their meeting otherwise lacked the appearance of an
    official session of the state’s legislative chambers. Even so, these Republican members of the state
    legislature could purport to be engaged in an official legislative session, even if meeting in unusual
    circumstances, and thus could purport to be appointing the state’s presidential electors pursuant to
    the state legislature’s constitutional authority to do so. The Trump-pledged Republican electors
    then could assert that they were meeting pursuant to this purported legislative appointment.

(Moreover, even if these irregular legislative sessions never occurred, the Trump-pledged
    Republican electors might themselves meet, saying that they would have been appointed by the
    state’s legislature
    if the legislature had not unlawfully been denied the opportunity to assemble, and
    thus their electoral votes should be considered by Congress as valid as if the legislature has
    successfully met to appoint them.)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,795 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

anybody who uses the phrase "big media" has nothing intelligent to say.

briany wrote: »
    It'll be a serious job for Trump to keep his base unified over the next 4 years such that he or a surrogate can successfully run for office in the next presidential election. It's a volatile group of people who are fuelled by paranoid conspiracy theory, and it'll only take one errant idea to take hold and then the base will be split in half. We've seen how they quickly turn on literally anyone with the neck to acknowledge reality in the slightest re: the 2020 election results, so there must be a large danger of them turning on one another as well.

And it would be a nice bit of schadenfreude watching Trump unsuccessfully trying to wrangle the monster he has created, along with the other more craven elements of the Republican party. Have fun closing up Pandora's box, lads.

seeing how quickly they turned on McConnell I dont think he has a hope in hell of keeping them all on-side

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

Is big media different from MSM?

Leroy42 wrote: »

an equally stupid phrase.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

seeing how quickly they turned on McConnell I dont think he has a hope in hell of keeping them all on-side

Racism and hatred of others is a powerful unifier.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Yeah...it's...erm...bigger.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Racism and hatred of others is a powerful unifier.

until you say or do something that goes against the groupthink.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Tippex

eagle eye wrote: »
    Trump will have some excuse for just happening to be out of the White House.
    I wouldn't be surprised if he leaves the country. Set up somewhere that has no extradition treaty and say that he can't live there any more and come up with a bunch more conspiracy theories.

My understanding is that as an ex president your movements are very very choreographed when you leave office. There is massive levels of travel restrictions as you still get the national security briefings etc. It may not be any where near as easy for Trump to move around as it once was.
    I believe all travel needs to be pre-approved etc. yes yes I know he does not give a $hite about what he should or should not do but it could lead to some very funny things happening from Jan 21st.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,848 ✭✭✭✭Penn

My understanding of the definitions as recognised in law is that Big Media is always Mainstream Media, but not all Mainstream Media are Big Media.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement