Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,998 ✭✭✭conorhal

Akrasia wrote: »
    Did you see the video? These weren't riot police, they probably didn't have teargas and it was an enclosed space, the protestors were inches away from them being shouted at to not come through the door, the protestors knew there was a gun aimed at them and she still chose to climb through that window to take down the barricade and let everyone else through.

She should have never have been allowed to get that far, but given that they were where they were, the security guards had very little choice. Killing that one person could very well have saved multiple lives, the situation could have been much much worse if the protesters had been able to take hostages or barricade themselves inside a room full of senators or staff

If only she'd had a butter knife, then I'm sure the left would be having an emotionally incontinent melt down right now, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

****ing devolver digital. Not only do they make ****e games but they're also funding the anti tifa, bastards

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Looks like Parler is dead!
    The big tech companies pulled support for the “free speech” social network, all but killing the service just as many conservatives are seeking alternatives to Facebook and Twitter.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/01/09/technology/apple-google-parler.html

• Registered Users Posts: 22,429 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

biko wrote: »
    Yes, I read Pelosi is apparently looking impeach again.

Trump said the demonstrators should “walk down to the Capitol” to protest the outcome of the election.
    Although that was a stupid thing to say and was allegedly the spark to the breach of the Capitolium I don't think that is an impeachable offence.
    Protestors weren't using guns which I would assume is how you take and hold a building if you truly intend to overthrow the government.

On its own, it's not, but when you look at the rest of his actions, calling the georgia governor, trying to get him to overturn the election results, telling his supporters to not be weak, refusing to defend the capitol building before the protest with an adequate security detail, refusing to allow the national guard to be called, even when the capitol was already breached, telling the protestors that their cause was just even during the insurrection, telling them that he loved them and they are all good people, and that the senators who vote to confirm Biden are weak and essentially traitors for voting for a stolen election

You can spin the facts to make Trump's guilt look ambiguous but you cannot spin it to make him look impartial or innocent of sedition (sedition is inciting an insurrection, you don't need to directly order it to be guilty of inciting something)

• Registered Users Posts: 22,429 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Amazon
    Microsoft
    Tinder
    Devolver Digital
    Dropbox
    AirBnB
    Warner Records

The list goes on but I'd be here all day.

Then resources like bricks left for rioters (with Bill Gates having financial connections) and buses driven around to resupply antifa terrorists. Not a peep about that on the news.

Thats because it's bullsh1t

BTW, if the news didn't report any of it, how do you know?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭fash

A protestor was shot dead. That's not kid gloves.
    Actually all of the protestors, their families, friends and supporters on line being killed or jailed would not be "kid gloves". Attempted overthrow of the state to install a dictator and having only one person shot while police are dead/dying and fellow insurrectionists are installing bombs and figuring out how to murder a couple of hundred people a few metres away is - I'm sure you'll agree- "kid gloves".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,375 ✭✭✭positron

Then resources like bricks left for rioters (with Bill Gates having financial connections) and buses driven around to resupply antifa terrorists. Not a peep about that on the news.

ROLF :D

Sometimes I am just amazed how human beings managed to out-evolve all other species on this planet.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,578 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Amazon
    Microsoft
    Tinder
    Devolver Digital
    Dropbox
    AirBnB
    Warner Records

The list goes on but I'd be here all day.

Mod:

Conspiracy Theory Forum
    >

Please stay on topic within the bounds of actual logic, thanks.

Trump said the demonstrators should “walk down to the Capitol” to protest the outcome of the election.
    Although that was a stupid thing to say and was allegedly the spark to the breach of the Capitolium I don't think that is an impeachable offence.
    Protestors weren't using guns which I would assume is how you take and hold a building if you truly intend to overthrow the government.

Weird, you're ignoring the multiple explosive devices found. The people who had tasers and cable ties to hold politicians hostage. The multiple resignations because of the response.. Do you think they're terrorists out of interest?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

So this line of guys turn out to be the Oathkeepers -

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1348115530654347266

Oathkeepers are a far right group which recruits primarily from ex military and police. The name comes from their idea that they're holding true to the concept of their oaths, in a way serving soldiers and cops aren't by taking orders from the government (or rather, the people in government they don't like).

It's a neat little trick in that it lets them off the hook for turning traitor and it renders soldiers and cops who stand in their way, like the cop killed, fair game.

Their founder had openly encouraged violence against the election result to "prevent a bloodier civil war later".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,776 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

So this line of guys turn out to be the Oathkeepers -

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1348115530654347266

Oathkeepers are a far right group which recruits primarily from ex military and police. The name comes from their idea that they're holding true to the concept of their oaths, in a way serving soldiers and cops aren't by taking orders from the government (or rather, the people government they don't like).

It's a neat little trick in that it lets them off the hook for turning traitor and it renders soldiers and cops who stand in their way, like the cop killed, fair game.

I think a lot of the American myth about "military = hero" has been unravelling recently.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

A protestor was shot dead. That's not kid gloves.

Someone climbing through a window towards a secret service officer there to protect the VP whilst they have their gun drawn and pointed at you and telling you not to climb through the window or you'll be shot is not a protestor. They are someone with a death wish, or if being generous just fupping stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,647 ✭✭✭Doctor Jimbob

According to this thread, antifa are both anti capitalist and funded by capitalists. The people who stormed the capitol are both hero veterans and an antifa plot to undermine Trump. It's hard to keep up.

Probably because a lot of them work and served.

So did the police officer that they murdered, but ye like to ignore that fact and that he actually upheld the oath he took.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 11,417 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hammer Archer

It's quite amazing that some people justify the shooting and/or killing of a black person by what they were doing (however minor), what they did in the past, what they may have been thinking of doing, what the shooter thought they were thinking of doing or what the person they were with was doing (and so forth).
    Yet when a white person gets shot after invading government buildings with an armed mob having threatened to capture and/or murder members of the government and trying to climb through a window with armed guards on the other side protecting the area where these government members under threat were located, all of a sudden it "could have been handled better".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

It's quite amazing that some people justify the shooting and/or killing of a black person by what they were doing (however minor), what they did in the past, what they may have been thinking of doing, what the shooter thought they were thinking of doing or what the person they were with was doing (and so forth).
    Yet when a white person gets shot after invading government buildings with an armed mob having threatened to capture and/or murder members of the government and trying to climb through a window with armed guards on the other side protecting the area where these government members under threat were located, all of a sudden it "could have been handled better".
    43gv7a.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Bellingcat trying to piece together the timeline to the murder of the police officer..

https://twitter.com/bellingcat/status/1348248594227351553?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Weird, you're ignoring the multiple explosive devices found. The people who had tasers and cable ties to hold politicians hostage. The multiple resignations because of the response.. Do you think they're terrorists out of interest?
    Also ignoring multiple guns found, and either ignoring or unaware of the fact that Trumps. Secretary of defense was refusing to send the national guard or any assistance) verified by the giver or of Maryland) while trump was at the same time delighted about all of this and calling senators inside trying to pressure them to put him back in as president (as per republican Ben sasse who was in the white house at the time).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭fash

. it was more than merely suggesting they walk or casually stroll in the general direction of the capitol to marvel at the wonders of US democracy. It was clear that Trump was requesting the mob to ensure by any *violent* means necessary that those in the Capitol ensured the continuation of the Trump regime.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

pjohnson wrote: »
    I think a lot of the American myth about "military = hero" has been unravelling recently.

The thing is, in the US, policing is a relatively easy route to prestige and power with little accountability. It's not like here where you have to write a thesis and all kinds of stuff to qualify, as bad as the Guards are, it's not very selective, so if you have a taste for playing strongman and didn't do great in school, it's perfect. It means that along with genuinely dedicated cops - that young fella caught in the doors - you have a lot of school bully types who now get to carry weapons and are almost immune from consequences. A friend of mine once told me to bear in mind that every traffic stop meant the chance of having the dumbest jerk you went to school with walking up to you with a gun on his hip while he stands up and you sit down.

The military has a little less leeway in what people can get away with at home, but abroad is another matter, and it needs so many bodies all the time it can't always afford to be picky.

In both cases, very easy and likely for white supremacists to infiltrate, both because it suits their goals (inside men) and because it scratches their angry powertrip arsehole urges. We know white supremacist groups encourage their members to sign up for reason 1 and that the FBI was raising the alarm about this for years.

There is an interesting flipside to the military stuff though - because for a lot of PoCs or young poor Americans the military can be the only chance for college or a trade, the ex military demo be a lot more diverse politically overall than people think. It's just that people who got into the military for crackpot reasons will take those crackpot reasons back out with them afterwards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭briany

maebee wrote: »
    Her whiney voice alone is justification for what happened to her.

No, don't agree with that. Trying to breach the inner sanctum of the Capitol building despite being warned is that justification.

She sounds insane in that clip, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 571 ✭✭✭rosser44

All these guys banging on about "BLM this.... BLM that.." - Do you know what BLM are not doing?

They're not on the same side as the Nazis. How that is not all people need to know is beyond me.

If you are on the same side as the Nazis, then you are on the wrong side.

These people who attacked democracy, their grand parents and great grandparents knew how to deal with Nazis.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

rosser44 wrote: »
    All these guys banging on about "BLM this.... BLM that.." - Do you know what BLM are not doing?

They're not on the same side as the Nazis. How that is not all people need to know is beyond me.

These people who attacked democracy, their grand parents and great grandparents knew how to deal with Nazis.

For a lot of their forebears though, Black Lives Matter meant they had to be mindful of protecting their chattel.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Nice video of the peaceful protests here

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Nice video of the peaceful protests here

They just wanted to have a cup of tea and a chat iirc

This is where holocaust denial then comes in.... it's all one big giant conspiracy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

They're not on the same side as the Nazis.
    Is that so... because I saw a videos of them arguing which one is more black than the other and justifying violence based on which race the victim was.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

Transcript of Hitler's 1923 Beer Hall Pitsch speech

Some very familiar themes in there.

Note how Hitler never outright tells them to commit violence, and instead just uses a lot of violent rhetoric. These same people 98 years ago would be using the same defense that this was all being twisted against Hitler by the media and politicians of the time.

Of course the beer hall putch failed, and many of those same people claiming this wasn't a big deal, 98 years ago would have also taken this proof that everyone was overreacting, creating a mountain out a molehill, and trying to vilify his supporters who were only interested in ha ing their voices heard.

One key difference of course, is that Hitler partook in the Putsch while Trump only told his supporters he would do the same... before waddling back go the White House to try and use the situation to force the senators who were in fear for their lives, to switch their vote. Had that succeeded, it would have been a relatively bloodless coup (e.g. Not hundreds/thousands dead) similar to Mussolini March on Rome (which Mussolini also did not join).

Beer Hall Putsch, for anyone unfamiliar.

March on Rome.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭yagan

At the same time back in WWII that German POWs and GIs were served by black soldiers confined to kitchen duties and separate eating and sleeping quarters.

• Advertisement

I'm pretty sure some posters would be claiming the Nazis weren't actual Nazis at this stage.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement