Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

I saw a video of them chanting "hang Mike Pence" at one point. What other spin could possibly be put on that? Maybe they didn't mean it? Where are you getting your media spin?

edit: I actually saw it on a live stream as it was happening. Who are you going to believe, me, or your lying eyes
    Maybe that video was edited and they were actually chanting "hang out with Mike Pence" 🤔

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭valoren

Trump is absolutely responsible. He refused to concede what was a fair election. He disseminated baseless conspiracy theories. He fomented anger for two months. He requested his supporters to be at the rally in the 6th the day of a joint session which would seal his fate. He asked them to march, to show "strength".

Had he conceded, had he shut down conspiracy theories about stolen elections, had he engaged in an orderly transition we wouldn't see such deplorable scenes. If a rabble of protesters did gather and tried to do what they did then he would have deployed the national guard well in advance with intel showing him unrest was planned for the 6th. He is unequivocally responsible for what happened. A dangerous, deluded man who has validated any rational person who thought he was unfit for office years ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

The reason that no time was spent trying to assess if the woman was armed is the same reason why cops are trained to shoot to kill, not shoot to maim. Shooting is a last resort. There's no room for foggy ambiguities when dealing with a potential deadly threat, this woman was on her way to letting a mob in to get to where lawmakers were hiding. The cops were completely justified in putting her down. It really isn't comparable to the George Floyd incident because of the situation that was unfolding and the location it was unfolding in, as well as the message these people were sent in with that they had to fight to take back their country.

It's very easy to litigate issues like this on a discussion forum days after the event, there's no time to do as such when your seconds away from a potentially very dangerous situation escalating into something much worse

Shooting was a mistake, even the cops in the hallway with the protesters were shocked. A guy who looked like a higher rank stuck his head through the broken door, and told the guy who fired something, clearly telling him to not fire, wtf are you doing, stand down dumbass. He should not have assassinated an unarmed girl, let her through and take her down like a man, or shoot her leg, these shots to the neck and head are cowardly.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,774 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

I think I speak for everyone when I say thank christ I've never had an appointment to meet with Sand if THAT is how he thinks a chat is organised :pac:

J. Marston wrote: »
    Poor Kayleigh. Beware kids, doing Don's dirty work will drain the life force from you...

https://twitter.com/MichaelRapaport/status/1348108907357433857

Ouch guessing Trump removed her Presidential make-up allowance :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,645 ✭✭✭✭osarusan

He should not have assassinated an unarmed girl, let her through and take her down like a man, or shoot her leg, these shots to the neck and head are cowardly.
    :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭yagan

Shooting was a mistake, even the cops in the hallway with the protesters were shocked. A guy who looked like a higher rank stuck his head through the broken door, and told the guy who fired something, clearly telling him to not fire, wtf are you doing, stand down dumbass. He should not have assassinated an unarmed girl, let her through and take her down like a man, or shoot her leg, these shots to the neck and head are cowardly.
    It was a terrorist mob.

If she'd been black would you be making excuses for her?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

If they did this, they would either miss, hit somebody/something else or kill her anyway by piercing an artery.

This isn't a video game, when you use a gun do it with the intent that you are unfortunately about to end a life. Because that is what it will usually do anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Sand

pjohnson wrote: »
    I think I speak for everyone when I say thank christ I've never had an appointment to meet with Sand if THAT is how he thinks a chat is organised :pac:

That is how a protest is organised. As AOC herself said "The whole point of protesting is to make ppl uncomfortable. Activists take that discomfort w/ the status quo & advocate for concrete policy changes. Popular support often starts small & grows.To folks who complain protest demands make others uncomfortable... that’s the point."

Sure, the politicians in that room may have been uncomfortable but that is what protest is supposed to do, right?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

#Justice4Ashli

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Sand wrote: »
    That is how a protest is organised. As AOC herself said "The whole point of protesting is to make ppl uncomfortable. Activists take that discomfort w/ the status quo & advocate for concrete policy changes. Popular support often starts small & grows.To folks who complain protest demands make others uncomfortable... that’s the point."

Sure, the politicians in that room may have been uncomfortable but that is what protest is supposed to do, right?

A violent insurrection at the Capitol is not a protest. How you still can't see this is beyond me so I think you're just taking the piss at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,041 ✭✭✭✭briany

Neither you or I know that, don't believe it's been stated one way or another. She was climbing through a window to gain access to politicians so she legitimately was a danger. That is not the behaviour of a person there for a chat, no matter how much you like to pretend it is.

The question is simple enough: did the Secret Service follow the correct protocol in that situation. You would figure it's the exact kind of scenario they'd train for. It's not like the scenario of violent protestors storming a government building is something beyond the realm of possibility. And I'd be very surprised if the protocol is anything other than those breaching a critical barricade are to be designated high-level threats and are to be met with force necessary to neutralise.

Oh so its a protest now? You were saying that they only wanted a chat earlier making it sound very cordial and friendly. The goalposts moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭Cody montana

valoren wrote: »
    Trump is absolutely responsible. He refused to concede what was a fair election. He fomented anger for two months. He requested his supporters to be at the rally in the 6th. He asked them to march, to show strength.

Had he conceded, had he shut down conspiracy theories about stolen elections, had he engaged in an orderly transition we wouldn't see such scenes. If a rabble of protesters gathered and tried tondo what they did then he would have deployed the national guard well in advance with intel showing him unrest was planned for the 6th. He is unequivocally responsible for what happened.

This is 100% on him.
    He provoked his radicalised base.
    He encouraged them to march to the capitol building.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Christy42

You can hear his desire for a war. All the parallels he brings up, bringing down the walls of Jericho, the civil war etc. heavily suggest violence. Very similar to the rhetoric used by his preferred politicians.

Course most of the reason parler and all those are getting banned is because of how vocal people have been about their bloodthirst.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    What fresh nonsense is this???

Just curious .

I couldn't care less about Biden or Trump. The whole thing is a mess, but the fact it was the right looking to question things made it seem like it was laughed off at every step.

PA made their own rules regarding ballots, rules that had no place in law. But again it doesn't matter as it's the right questioning this .
    The whole thing looks like a case of '' boy who cried wolf'' EVERYTHING he now claims is laughed off as craziness. That's how it all played out, could not take anything serious from the mouths of clowns like Rudi .
    In uk during a count there is one counting and two people on their shoulder watching and all 3 have to agree on a ballot. Here we had 1000's of ballots counted with no observers, people pushed out of rooms, glass walls covered with paper as no one could see, but again it's ''The boy who cried wolf'' saying it, so it can't be taken serious.
    No argument from the clowns would EVER be taking serious, even if true. No one will ever take anything they say seriously.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Christy42 wrote: »
    You can hear his desire for a war. All the parallels he brings up, bringing down the walls of Jericho, the civil war etc. heavily suggest violence. Very similar to the rhetoric used by his preferred politicians.

Course most of the reason parler and all those are getting banned is because of how vocal people have been about their bloodthirst.
    Jon Voight will be right there behind them, possibly further back than Trump and obviously nowhere near the mugs in danger.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,485 ✭✭✭valoren

Most posters here would be anti-Trump and by association Pence. Do the Trump supporters not grasp that most of us are appalled that these people got so close to him, that one of his agents simply did his job in protecting him? I have absolutely zero sympathy for that lady. If I tried to jump through a smashed window in a federal building with agents with their guns drawn to protect the VP then I should fully expect to get shot.

Just curious .

I couldn't care less about Biden or Trump. The whole thing is a mess, but the fact it was the right looking to question things made it seem like it was laughed off at every step.

PA made their own rules regarding ballots, rules that had no place in law. But again it doesn't matter as it's the right questioning this .
    The whole thing looks like a case of '' boy who cried wolf'' EVERYTHING he now claims is laughed off as craziness. That's how it all played out, could not take anything serious from the mouths of clowns like Rudi .
    In uk during a count there is one counting and two people on their shoulder watching and all 3 have to agree on a ballot. Here we had 1000's of ballots counted with no observers, people pushed out of rooms, glass walls covered with paper as no one could see, but again it's ''The boy who cried wolf'' saying it, so it can't be taken serious.
    No argument from the clowns would EVER be taking serious, even if true. No one will ever take anything they say seriously.

None of this makes sense. You're just ranting nonsense I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,591 ✭✭✭✭Sand

pjohnson wrote: »
    Oh so its a protest now? You were saying that they only wanted a chat earlier making it sound very cordial and friendly. The goalposts moved.

I never said they wanted "a chat", cosy or otherwise. That's just a strawman.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,173 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Jon Voigt video
    Isn't this the guy who had a senator killed by a lakeside and try to discredit a black lawyer and a retired intelligence agent who had evidence of the crime? Surely he's an Enemy of The State? :p

namloc1980 wrote: »
    None of this makes sense. You're just ranting nonsense I'm afraid.

Ha.. THANK YOU for proving my point.

This is EXACTLY what I'm speaking of.

I'm pretty sure 600,000 ballots were thrown out in primaries. But in election every ballot was used to play catch up

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

He's quite soft spoken tbh. It's the intolerant left I see the wishing for violence on anyone they decide is a nazi. Wouldn't turn my back on em' unless you want to risk a tolerant, diverse punch to the back of the head.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Just curious .

It's not an issue of right or left. The trump campaign made allegations of fraud and when asked to produce evidence in court they didn't even have enough so
    all the cases were thrown out one after the other, many by republican judges. It went all the way to the supreme court where 3 of Trumps picks are currently sitting. They would have been taken seriously if they actually had any evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

flazio wrote: »
    Typical Boards thread. Actual news dies down and discussion goes down such a deep rabbit hole we've made it to Nazi Germany.

What I'll say is this. It's fantastic that Trump is leaving but let's not give Biden an easy ride of it. At the heart of the Black Lives Matter... whatever you want to call that action .... is a real social injustice. That seems to have got lost somewhere or drowned out by other legitimate cries of social injustice.
    For those that called out social injustice during the Trump administration, what has Biden promised beyond getting Trump out of office. Whatever it is, pressure should remain to make sure he delivers. Whatever about the false promises of making America great. Keep pressure on the Democrats to make America better.
    Biden's policies on justice reform: https://joebiden.com/justice/

Be warned, it is very extensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,075 ✭✭✭joseywhales

This is some kind of madness, the cops were far outnumbered and overrun, the only way to regain control was to shoot. And frankly they should have shot more, there should be a few dozen dead rioters as many as stormed the building, all shot dead on entry. That's what should have happened, it is a mercy that those people are still alive

• Registered Users Posts: 22,429 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

briany wrote: »
    No, don't agree with that. Trying to breach the inner sanctum of the Capitol building despite being warned is that justification.

She sounds insane in that clip, though.

She sounds like she has been indoctrinated into a cult, and in many ways she had been

• Registered Users Posts: 13,605 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

And he's basically pulling it out of his, well, ear I guess. Lincoln stood first, last and foremost for preserving the Union. Harmony? You mean, the Civil War was an exercise in hugging and kissing? No.

Jon Voight's gaga.

Ha.. THANK YOU for proving my point.

This is EXACTLY what I'm speaking of.

I'm pretty sure 600,000 ballots were thrown out in primaries. But in election every ballot was used to play catch up

You're pretty sure?? Show us so please.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,575 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Unarmed protesters trying to gain access to their representatives is hardly domestic terror. People trying to spin this up into the beerhall putsch need to change the media they consume.

Mod:

Comments like this need to stop or I'm going to have to think you're both trolling the thread.

Please post in good faith or do not post in this thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement