Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,544 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

An off duty Capitol Police officer has apparently taken his own life.

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1348299879013969922

Wonder what his involvement was.

The secret service announced they lost someone of their own this week.

Edit: ignore it was lung cancer. RIP

https://twitter.com/secretservice/status/1348308755121893384?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭fash

joe40 wrote: »
    That doesn't matter, a country is either capable of having fair elections or not.
    Trump has taken numerous cases in several states to court with no success.

You are saying the courts are either incompetent or complicit in fraud.

That is frankly nonsensical at this stage.
    In fact, since one can find and read the pleadings and decisions online, if there is any failing it is in the incompetence of Trump and his teams of lawyers in formulating positions: how come given all of this amazing high quality that obviously exists (or otherwise why would our not gullible at all conspiracy theorists believe it), why did Trump fail in putting it down on paper even once? Failed. Every. Single. Time. And why should someone that incompetent be supported for the job of President?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,275 ✭✭✭fash

''
    An extraordinarily high number of ballots — more than 550,000 — have been rejected in this year's presidential primaries, according to a new analysis

That's far more than in the 2016 general election and has raised alarms about what might happen in November when tens of millions of more voters are expected to cast their ballots by mail, many for the first time.''

In Georgia 12k was thrown out in primaries, in Election trump lost Georgia by 11k, but there was far more votes in Presidential Election, so thrown out ballots would be far higher than the 12k in primaries.... in theory .
    Perhaps you should talk to trump's legal team about bringing a case - it sounds like you could be his saviour - millions of Trump cultists will throw money at you - you'll be rich and famous.

Trump is planning a trip to Alamo, TX. Yup, you heard that right.

He knows what he’s doing.

• J. Marston wrote: »
    ErWiHhuW4AAIXjR?format=jpg&name=medium

Video of the moment above where he is dragged down the steps and beaten...

https://old.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/kucaz0/the_moment_officer_brian_sicknick_is_dragged_into/

Savages. The guy doing the middle finger takes his helmet off and wears it himself.

The more footage that emerges, the worse it gets. These are the same people who Trump told he loved.

Absolute scum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Yup, they're just wanting a good old chin wag with their reps..

https://twitter.com/susie_lastname/status/1348261743928123394?s=19

The shame AOC puts on them it would make ya smile if ya thought they'd change, but they won't.

https://twitter.com/AOC/status/1348307942118928389?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 4,974 ✭✭✭Chris_Heilong

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Absolute garbage to try to claim victimhood and excuse actions of the terrorists this week.

They believe the election was stolen from them because they have been consistently lied to about it, Trump was claiming even beforehand that if he lost it would only be by fraud. Trump campaign had ample opportunity to provide evidence in state cases but they didn't have anything significant enough that would overturn the results. Trump's team was lying to his supporters that there was evidence and then telling the truth in court, that they had no evidence - hence why they lost nearly 70 cases.

Despite all the failed cases they still wouldn't accept it so why would they suddenly accept it after another investigation? Again, Trump's core point from pre election was that he couldn't lose aside from fraud, you're naive to believe that was going to suddenly change (he had no issues with committing election crime himself by pressuring officials to 'find votes')

The fact that people believe lies doesn't mean they should be investigated, unless you're now calling for a 'flat-earth commission' and 'the earth was created 2000 years ago commission' - two things that a sizeable number of Americans believe.

Every time I hear from one of you guys about Russia getting Trump elected I think you sound exactly like these flat earther guys, completely Brainwashed but as long as these people are being circle jerked by threads like this and Twitter they are happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Every time I hear from one of you guys about Russia getting Trump elected I think you sound exactly like these flat earther guys, completely Brainwashed but as long as these people are being circle jerked by threads like this and Twitter they are happy.

This is from the executive summary of the Department of Justice investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election:

The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion.

You should read it and also read the intelligence community report. You might learn a thing or two.

Then, maybe you should read a good book and dispel yourself of your delusions:

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume1.pdf

The GOP wrote it...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

They were actively helping Trump get elected. That has been confirmed by Republican Senate. The flat earth stuff has no evidence whatsoever for it. They aren't comparable and I'm sure you're aware of that.

But sure, do whatever you need to do to avoid coming to terms with the fact that you support a man and an ideology that has led directly to storming of the US Capitol building and to the death of a cop by his mob in his name.

• Advertisement

namloc1980 wrote: »
    This is from the executive summary of the Department of Justice investigation into Russian interference in the 2016 election:

The Russian government interfered in the 2016 presidential election in sweeping and systematic fashion.

You should read it and also read the intelligence community report. You might learn a thing or two.
    Overheal wrote: »
    Then, maybe you should read a good book and dispel yourself of your delusions:

https://www.intelligence.senate.gov/sites/default/files/documents/Report_Volume1.pdf

The GOP wrote it...

I'm sure he has been informed of this multiple times and yet he keeps making this claim. Assuming good faith, how can that be explained?

Aren't you the guy claiming large scale election fraud with no proof? That sounds very like a flat earther... Election interference by Russia is a categorical fact.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭briany

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Counsel_investigation_(2017%E2%80%932019)#Report_sent_to_Attorney_General
    The report concluded that Russian interference in the 2016 presidential election did occur "in sweeping and systematic fashion" and "violated U.S. criminal law."[513][514]

The first method detailed in the final report was the usage of the Internet Research Agency, waging "a social media campaign that favored presidential candidate Donald J. Trump and disparaged presidential candidate Hillary Clinton".[17] The Internet Research Agency also sought to "provoke and amplify political and social discord in the United States".[515]

The second method of Russian interference saw the Russian intelligence service, the GRU, hacking into email accounts owned by volunteers and employees of the Clinton presidential campaign, including that of campaign chairman John Podesta, and also hacking into "the computer networks of the Democratic Congressional Campaign Committee (DCCC) and the Democratic National Committee (DNC)". As a result, the GRU obtained hundreds of thousands of hacked documents, and the GRU proceeded by arranging releases of damaging hacked material via the WikiLeaks organization and also GRU's personas "DCLeaks" and "Guccifer 2.0."[12][516][517]

So, while it was not conclusively shown that Trump's team knowingly colluded with Russia to help win the election, the findings were that Russia did interfere. We don't know if Trump was knowingly involved or not, as Mueller's report said Trump was neither indicted nor exonerated, although there is that time he directly said, "Russia, I hope you're able to find those 30,000 emails that are missing". He couldn't even just quietly hope that, and only say something like he hoped the justice dept. found them instead.

To sum up, the idea of foreign interference in the 2016 election had enough credence to garner a full federal investigation. The accusation that widespread vote fraud won Joe Biden the 2020 election has lost at least 60 court cases so. Some were dismissed 'with prejudice', which is a nice way of saying, "GTFO with your bullsh*t".

I'm sure he has been informed of this multiple times and yet he keeps making this claim. Assuming good faith, how can that be explained?

They have a bit of trouble with big words?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Hellotonever

Yes thats right, we got infiltrated by Aunt Aoife

1610291708717.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

Evidence was produced in the form of witnesses, the hard evidence was in looking at the ballots, but NONE were looked at.

We only had stories, and this was not enough in a court of law. A girl can be raped, but without hard evidence it's just a story, doesn't mean she's lying.
    Counting the same ballots over and over won't show what the witnesses claim was going on. I would have loved for TRUMP to be proved wrong, but NO WAY was he getting access to these ballots to audit them, NO WAY.
    That's so strange, they should have been happy to prove him wrong.

In primaries 600,000 ballots were thrown out, in election, none? come on.

That ship sailed away with 60 court cases, pointless trolling at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Overheal wrote: »
    Trump is planning a trip to Alamo, TX. Yup, you heard that right.

He knows what he’s doing.

If Giuliani is organising that, he'll probably end up here:

Alamo-Mallorca-e1497619204708.jpg

When Trump can only be defended with lies, delusion and alternative facts, maybe, just maybe that's because his conduct really is so bad that he can't be defended with facts or actual reality.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,223 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Jesus, she must be 80 if she's a day, wtf was she doing there??

MadYaker wrote: »

Duped by social media. It's honestly quite sad.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 193 ✭✭Hellotonever

Duped by social media. It's honestly quite sad.

Same generation that says not to believe the media

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

If Giuliani is organising that, he'll probably end up here:

Alamo-Mallorca-e1497619204708.jpg

https://twitter.com/ddale8/status/1348332980448735242

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 27,341 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Was she there? Nothing to say that's not a photograph from a tour of the buildings.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

• Registered Users Posts: 19,817 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Strange trip. Why is he bothering going to the border wall at this point?

What's he looking to get from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

Hoping Trump would give her an auld pussygrab

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

Only a week in, and she managed to get a lot of attention:

https://www.politico.com/news/2021/01/08/illinois-lawmaker-hitler-comments-456596

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement