Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• So Congress were literally just inside and still people wonder why she was shot. FYI I don't care if Congress were in underground bunkers she got shot because of her stupid actions. Actions she knew well would happen considering it was literally her job previously.

I think that shooting may well have saved the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

She's actually briefly visible in your video - the woman with the red and yellow neckscarf type thing you glimpse right at the start is Babbitt.

You can follow the sequence better in this video.

Sensitive content towards the end, when she's shot -

Jesus. You read about something, but its a whole other thing to actually see how violent it was. Absolute scumbags and thugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,010 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I think your right tbh. That put the brakes on some of the most dangerous parts of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

And I will say there was the sole voice saying he's got a gun, he's got a gun. So he had the Intelligence to know not to go further because he would be shot and also he notified the others in saying so. Ashli knew he had a gun.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

BTW that Proud Boy is wearing a $325 hat, in solidarity with all the forgotten rust belt poor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭yagan

Muahahaha wrote: »
    I cant see any organised take overs of building happening as the FBI will be monitoring social media, police and National Guard will be out in force, etc.There might be attempts alright but they will be shut down.

But I do think there is a threat from a lone wolf along the lines of Timothy McVeigh, someone who could plant a bomb on the 20th, just not in Washington because they wont be able to get close. Hope it doesnt happen obviously but all the conditions for it to happen seem to be present. Some Trump supporters will see the 20th as their last stand and many of them are violent people who are not right in the head.
    I reckon there's a few boogaloo cells being planning and drilling for something for a long time. Who buys loads of assault rifles and ghost guns without a plan?

Sure there'll be lone wolves, it's inevitable. But opposing the inauguration is the last roll of the dice for patriotic glory. They intend to get caught of course, but they want to be tried as patriots, martyrs for a cause they can't articulate themselves but feel compelled towards by Trumps fours years of constant rallying.

• listermint wrote: »
    I think your right tbh. That put the brakes on some of the most dangerous parts of it.

Congress members where very very close by and it stopped the mob momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,546 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

They beat that police officer into a slow death with, among other things, a 2x4 piece of lumber wrapped in the United States flag.

These traitors have no idea what America is.

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1348360531023900676?s=21

Tears will start streaming down my face if I keep looking at it. It’s the most anti-patriotic display I’ve ever seen from a self described patriot in my life.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Putting a flag on a weapon to sneak it into events is a longstanding thing Proud Boys advise each other to do; the fur hat clown had a spear wrapped in a flag, and in another photo I saw some guy with an axe handle.

The Women's march was told they weren't allowed use flagpoles at all in case they used them as weapons, but apparently these guys had no such inconvenience.

If I'm not mistaken, there have been similar "flag staffs" showing up at far right demos here, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Putting a flag on a weapon to sneak it into events is a longstanding thing Proud Boys advise each other to do; the fur hat clown had a spear wrapped in a flag, and in another photo I saw some guy with an axe handle.

The Women's march was told they weren't allowed use flagpoles at all in case they used them as weapons, but apparently these guys had no such inconvenience.

If I'm not mistaken, there have been similar "flag staffs" showing up at far right demos here, too.

they were definitely present at a recent NP protest outside the dail and they had no issue using them as weapons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,546 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

But a police officer during a coup d’êtait from the blue lives matter caucus. WTF.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Christy42

yagan wrote: »
    I reckon there's a few boogaloo cells being planning and drilling for something for a long time. Who buys loads of assault rifles and ghost guns without a plan?

Sure there'll be lone wolves, it's inevitable. But opposing the inauguration is the last roll of the dice for patriotic glory. They intend to get caught of course, but they want to be tried as patriots, martyrs for a cause they can't articulate themselves but feel compelled towards by Trumps fours years of constant rallying.

I am not really sure they expected to be caught. I mean a woman was shocked that she was maxed. Plenty are shocked that police would shoot to protect members of congress. Many are shocked they can't freely organise how they plan to kill elected officials online.

The cheery selfies and pictures from inside don't have a matyr feel to them. They seemed to think they would have the support of people rising up behind them and that their actions would have no consequences.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Wasn't a woman beaten around the head with a 'flag pole' recently ?

they were definitely present at a recent NP protest outside the dail and they had no issue using them as weapons.
    Sardonicat wrote: »
    Wasn't a woman beaten around the head with a 'flag pole' recently ?

I think we may be referring to the same incident.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I think we may be referring to the same incident.

I think so.

• Christy42 wrote: »
    I am not really sure they expected to be caught. I mean a woman was shocked that she was maxed. Plenty are shocked that police would shoot to protect members of congress. Many are shocked they can't freely organise how they plan to kill elected officials online.

The cheery selfies and pictures from inside don't have a matyr feel to them. They seemed to think they would have the support of people rising up behind them and that their actions would have no consequences.

They genuinely believed it was a revolution and this was a historic moment. Its amazing that they were willing to go that far for that bumbling bluffer Donald ****ing Trump of all people.

Genuinely mad times.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

You'd wonder why the Republicans, self confessed party of the Constitution and party of Law and Order, are so keen to move on from an insurrection at the heart of government. Makes me think some members of the GOP were knee-deep in Wednesday's events.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,010 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Saw one guy with an electrical cattle prod. Around 5 ft long and the flag hanging off it.

Why would you need a cattle prod at a peaceful protest where you want to speak to your representative.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

She's actually briefly visible in your video - the woman with the red and yellow neckscarf type thing you glimpse right at the start is Babbitt.

You can follow the sequence better in this video.

Sensitive content towards the end, when she's shot -

The mad thing is that she, all the crowd with her, and all their supporters, online and off, would fully support the absolute right for any American to shoot at a person or people - armed or unarmed - that were actively smashing down a door between you and them with the intent to cause you harm.

Then it happens to one of them and suddenly it’s a problem. Weird.

namloc1980 wrote: »
    You'd wonder why the Republicans, self confessed party of the Constitution and party of Law and Order, are so keen to move on from an insurrection at the heart of government. Makes me think some members of the GOP were knee-deep in Wednesday's events.

the GOP helped to organise it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

the GOP helped to organise it.

The Repugnant Party you mean, or the Party of larder.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

yagan wrote: »

Yeah I think the Boogaloos, Proud Boys, 3%ers might march on some state legislatures but the FBI/National Guard will be ready for them. Nonetheless they will be armed in open carry states and it only takes one shot from either side to kick things off. A lone wolf like Timothy McVeigh is a different category though, the FBI cannot track these guys as easily, that has to be a worry for the time around the inauguration that they decide nows the time to put a long held plan into action.
    So Congress were literally just inside and still people wonder why she was shot. FYI I don't care if Congress were in underground bunkers she got shot because of her stupid actions. Actions she knew well would happen considering it was literally her job previously.

She was well down the QAnon rabbit hole, her Twitters is full of retweets of the election being stolen and just pure anger really
    In late December, the incoming vice-president, Kamala Harris, tweeted about her plans for the first hundred days of the Biden administration. She promised “to ensure Americans mask up, distribute 100M shots, and get students safely back to school”.

Among the thousands of responses was an angry tweet from a 35-year-old air force veteran in San Diego. “No the **** you will not!” Ashli Babbitt replied to Harris. “No masks, no you, no Biden the kid raper, no vaccines...sit your fraudulent ass down…we the ppl bitch!”

Babbitt wasn’t just tweeting. She had a plan to fly to Washington DC the very next week to take part in a major public demonstration demanding that Donald Trump, not Joe Biden, be sworn in as president.

Babbitt was shot to death during Trump supporters’ chaotic invasion of the Capitol, officials said, while four other people, including a Capitol police officer, also died.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/09/ashli-babbitt-capitol-mob-trump-qanon-conspiracy-theory

There is also a video of her driving along ranting and raving at Democratic politicians in California, that they are stealing her country, etc.

Kinda have to feel sorry for Chump, though. He loves his supporters, and they love him back, as he stated so often on Twitter and different stages. Lol

A good egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

This is pretty strong stuff from Forbes, it seems to be them telling their billionaire readers that if they hire Trump staffers there will be editorial consequences

https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1347922394497884167

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

There is also a video of her driving along ranting and raving at Democratic politicians in California, that they are stealing her country, etc.

And this is why Trump carries the ultimate responsibility for what happened. You will get people out saying he never wanted it, never actually said to attack etc, but his constant diatribe that the election was stolen was petrol on a fire.

It is understandable that someone that fought for their country would then fight to save their country when they believe the country is under attack.

And Trump led that charge. He fed it, he revved them up, he drove them on.

This is 100% on Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,263 ✭✭✭yagan

Christy42 wrote: »

Gun nuts are always in the long grass in the USA, everyone now and again they explode in a mass shooting orgy before killing themselves. Isn't it interesting how few mass shooting there's been since these gun nuts have had lockdown and BLM protests to counter?

But Trump rallied these gun nuts together especially since the Michigan capital protest, he anointed them with the Star Spangled Banner, legitimised and unified them behind him, and in fighting for "stop the steal" what they're really fighting for is retaining unity of purpose, something to fight for, to validate their paranoia, their supremest racism and their bonfires of weapons.

They couldn't bring their guns to Washington so they made do with what they could grab, but for many of the militia types it was unifying and strengthening and showed them they could shake the nation. No doubt they've honing their plans, regrouping and working on alternative communications channels etc..

If they couldn't take the capital, they'll take states.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭briany

Yeah I think the Boogaloos, Proud Boys, 3%ers might march on some state legislatures but the FBI/National Guard will be ready for them. Nonetheless they will be armed in open carry states and it only takes one shot from either side to kick things off. A lone wolf like Timothy McVeigh is a different category though, the FBI cannot track these guys as easily, that has to be a worry for the time around the inauguration that they decide nows the time to put a long held plan into action.

She was well down the QAnon rabbit hole, her Twitters is full of retweets of the election being stolen and just pure anger really

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/09/ashli-babbitt-capitol-mob-trump-qanon-conspiracy-theory

The video of her driving and ranting is disturbing. I mean, that's not safe driving. Also, she sounds delirious. I would say that social media has a lot to answer for in her case, but I don't know her personality or psychological history, and whether she'd shown a tendency to behave like that anyway.

The whole bedroom radicalisation evidently is not just for young Muslim men, and seeing hitherto reasonable people go down these rabbit holes and pop out the other end a lunatic is hard to watch.

This is pretty strong stuff from Forbes, it seems to be them telling their billionaire readers that if they hire Trump staffers there will be editorial consequences

https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1347922394497884167

That's rough. They were only telling "white little lies".

• Registered Users Posts: 23,186 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Overheal wrote: »
    They beat that police officer into a slow death with, among other things, a 2x4 piece of lumber wrapped in the United States flag.

These traitors have no idea what America is.

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1348360531023900676?s=21

Tears will start streaming down my face if I keep looking at it. It’s the most anti-patriotic display I’ve ever seen from a self described patriot in my life.

Beaten to death while the crowd chanted "USA! USA! USA!" and sang the Star Spangled Banner.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-policeofficer/us-capitol-police-officer-who-died-after-violent-assault-loved-his-job-idUSKBN29E0QE

His father says he was a Trump supporter too. Imagine his confusion as he was dragged down the steps by his "own", his helmet ripped off and then beaten to death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

briany wrote: »
    The whole bedroom radicalisation evidently is not just for young Muslim men, and seeing hitherto reasonable people go down these rabbit holes and pop out the other end a lunatic is hard to watch.

The Western far right learned a lot from the Al Qaeda and ISIS far right of the east, the big difference is that tech companies clamped down hard, once they figured out the tech to do so, but were afraid of "conservatives", when it came to using the same tech against the Western white supremacist version.

I see a lot of people complaining now that white supremacist's are getting the same treatment as ISIS etc on the basis of free speech, but they only ever seem to care about the free speech of white supremacists for some strange reason.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement