Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,540 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

My colleague told me that efforts to overturn the election were wrong, and that voting to certify was a constitutional duty. But my colleague feared for family members, and the danger the vote would put them in. Profoundly shaken, my colleague voted to overturn.

An angry mob succeeded in threatening at least one member of Congress from performing what that member understood was a constitutional responsibility.

Freshman representative Peter Meijer (R-MI) wrote an op-ed for The Detroit News to document his experiences on Wednesday after pro-Trump rioters stormed the building.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/freshman-republican-says-colleague-joined-charge-to-block-election-certification-because-he-feared-trump-supporters-would-put-family-in-danger/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,203 ✭✭✭Kaybaykwah

briany wrote: »
    The video of her driving and ranting is disturbing. I mean, that's not safe driving. Also, she sounds delirious. I would say that social media has a lot to answer for in her case, but I don't know her personality or psychological history, and whether she'd shown a tendency to behave like that anyway.

The whole bedroom radicalisation evidently is not just for young Muslim men, and seeing hitherto reasonable people go down these rabbit holes and pop out the other end a lunatic is hard to watch.

Also a lot of women out there, they must have has a dish of testosteroni before heading out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,039 ✭✭✭✭briany

wes wrote: »
    I see a lot of people complaining now that white supremacist's are getting the same treatment as ISIS etc on the basis of free speech, but they only ever seem to care about the free speech of white supremacists for some strange reason.

"Freedom for me, not for thee."

"Freedom for me, not for thee."

The 1st amendment didn't stop them all from begging the government to ban the 'ground zero mosque'/culture center

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Anyone familiar with a podcast called Qanon anonymous and if it's in any way credible?

Know nothing about it myself but have read they're claiming the officer killed at the Capitol was on parlor and gab and followed prominent qanon accounts.

Again, no idea if this is true or not and am not trying to smear the victim's name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The video of her driving and ranting is disturbing. I mean, that's not safe driving. Also, she sounds delirious. I would say that social media has a lot to answer for in her case, but I don't know her personality or psychological history, and whether she'd shown a tendency to behave like that anyway.

The whole bedroom radicalisation evidently is not just for young Muslim men, and seeing hitherto reasonable people go down these rabbit holes and pop out the other end a lunatic is hard to watch.

Yeah and there is a few radicalised Trump supporters on here, their talking points about Ashli Babbit being a martyr come directly from far right news websites. Still going on about missing ballots, etc. Its sad to watch people so far down a rabbit hole that they get fooled so easily. Facebook and similar really need to change that algorithm because thats seems to be how radicalisation is happening in peoples bedrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,597 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Anyone familiar with a podcast called Qanon anonymous and if it's in any way credible?

Know nothing about it myself but have read they're claiming the officer killed at the Capitol was on parlor and gab and followed prominent qanon accounts.

Again, no idea if this is true or not and am not trying to smear the victim's name.

If it has the name Qanon anywhere in it then its lies.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,429 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

This is the door that Ashli Babbit was shot on. The same glass break pattern.

And the same security guard who later on stepped aside for his own safety. This is how close those lunatics got to direct confrontations with lawmakers and their staff

Anyone familiar with a podcast called Qanon anonymous
    and if it's in any way credible?

You seriously have to ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Overheal wrote: »
    Freshman representative Peter Meijer (R-MI) wrote an op-ed for The Detroit News to document his experiences on Wednesday after pro-Trump rioters stormed the building.

https://www.mediaite.com/news/freshman-republican-says-colleague-joined-charge-to-block-election-certification-because-he-feared-trump-supporters-would-put-family-in-danger/

Not even an angry mob of BLM antifa protestors/rioters can instill that fear, but insurrectionists can..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,815 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

A quick google indicates that the podcast itself is more following Q as a skeptic and debunking it rather than taking them seriously. Description of the latest episode for an idea of the content. I would take it any rumours with a grain of salt tbh though.
    A mob overtook the capitol with MAGA flags and QAnon gear. Five people died. We break down the events of Wednesday January 6th and the fallout in the days following. Correspondent for CNN Elle Reeve speaks to us about her experiences on the ground in Washington DC. Medieval historian Eleanor Janega helps us break down all the tattoos worn by the now-infamous "Q Shaman" (aka Jake Angeli aka Jacob Anthony Chansley).
    https://podcasts.apple.com/ie/podcast/qanon-anonymous/id1428209307

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Akrasia wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/hsobejon/status/1348310218577473536?s=21
    Joy in Liberty a mysteriously funded conservative website paid for a lot of people to travel to the ‘fight the steal’ event on Jan 06

Lots and lots of Qanon nutters had their flights and accommodation paid for by a shady conservative group that cover the expenses for rentacrowd (as long as they’re right wing conspiracy theorists)

They will tell you that with Soros funding the left and BLM mayhem all year they are entitled to send a few southerners to DC, so some of them it was the first trip of their lives I'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

You're getting the wrong end of the stick here completely. It's not a pod that promotes qanon. The guy who hosts it isn't some crackpot q believer. He's a journalist who does resarch on various conspiracy theories and has written for the Washington Post. Here's an interview with him from npr

https://www.npr.org/2020/08/23/905266582/qanon-anonymous-host-on-the-conspiracy-movements-growing-influence

Yeah they’re legit. I heard them say it on their last episode

They do know the -Qanon movement inside out so I’d be inclined to take their word for it that he was a follower

What are the odds that this guy happened to be in Qanon though? That sh1t must be absolutely everywhere

Very concerning

If it has the name Qanon anywhere in it then its lies.

They’re not followers of Qanon, they follow the followers and report on what they do. They absolutely do not promote the conspiracy

@Sand
    Please break into the White House

Then proceed to break a door down hall from any of the Trumps while ignoring secret service warnings

Please report back on your experience

It's not a home invasion though. They kept shouting it was their house as Sand will promptly tell you. lol

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    It's not a home invasion though. They kept shouting it was their house as Sand will promptly tell you. lol

As a tennant, I should be honored if my landlord broke into my house to kidnap and murder me while I am signing the lease for my next place. Clearly, it's his God given right to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,736 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Two time Republican Governor Schwarzenegger gives quiet a powerful speech.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

I did see it reported he was a Trump supporter.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Excellent. He should be going away for a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

He was there with his mother!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

He was there with his mother!

As a getaway driver?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Looking at that, I can't help but think that many of these people, rather than being diehard ideologists committed to Trump/White Power/Far Right, have simply been conditioned by too much Call of Duty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭jam_mac_jam

It's an anti q podcast. They are investigating the phenomenon not in agreement with it.

They have been reporting on the q personalities for months.

They are in no way pro q anon.

As a tennant, I should be honored if my landlord broke into my house to kidnap and murder me while I am signing the lease for my next place. Clearly, it's his God given right to do.

I think so too. 100% of the patriots would let'em do it too. Come to think of it, they hardly ever mention retaliation or self defense and the use of guns if anyone so much as knocks at their door. Sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,815 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I remember back when people were sending pipe bombs to CNN and lads on here were parsing Trump's words "he didn't say the press were the enemy of the people, he was saying the fake news was the enemy of the people".

We argued that his words had consequences and we shouldn't have to parse them.

Years later, he has incited an attempted coup, and yet still these guys will say this came out of nowhere and Trump is not to blame.

Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Cancel culture, maybe/hopefully about to kick up a gear? It may be the turning point for republicans to step to the plate and own their cnut they backed by impeachment or the 25th..

"We have taken the destructive events at the Capitol to undermine a legitimate and fair election into consideration and will be pausing political giving from our Political Action Committee to those who voted against certification of the election," Bloomberg reported spokespeople for the hotel told the political publication Popular Information."

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/533554-marriott-to-cut-off-donations-to-republicans-who-opposed-electoral-college?amp#click=https://t.co/FNugGoB2Jh

• Advertisement

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    I think so too. 100% of the patriots would let'em do it too. Come to think of it, they hardly ever mention retaliation or self defense and the use of guns if anyone so much as knocks at their door. Sure.

Absolutely. If someone even comes into my house unannounced and blows my head off, it would be my greatest honor if they would tell the police they thought it was their apartment so that it was clearly justified.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement