Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭briany

to sign up to parler you had to upload photos of your ID. I wonder if they got that data as well.

If I was a right-wing nut signing up to Parler, here's the ID I would have used.

931146.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Just downloaded one of the .txt.bin files editted out the .bin part I'm left with a big list of parler.com links, a bit pointless when the site is offline... Or am I missing something?

That Amazon Web Services has a copy of everything and they're almost certainly cooperating with the DOJ - and the NSA also has their own copy of the internet.

Muahahaha wrote: »
    More new footage, this time a rioter shouting at police and then assaulting one of them

https://twitter.com/charlieWork91/status/1348388629748588544

"They work for us, **** them."

That's the attitude of these people. America to the nth degree. The customer is always right.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,815 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭Too Tough To Die

briany wrote: »
    A) Some (and I reiterate some) quotations were taken out of context. For example, Pelosi didn't say, "I don't know why there aren't uprisings across the country" in relation to BLM riots. She said it in relation to the practice of separating kids from their parents at the Mexican border.

B) The MSM didn't exactly cheer on the rioting at certain BLM protests during the Summer, or even normalise it. There was certainly a lot of discussion about it and a lot of voices commenting. Even CNN, who Trump has repeatedly called 'fake news' and vilified to his supporters, did not portray the protests as 100 percent peaceful.

I never mentioned BLM.

If you can't see that organisations like CNN are complicit in American's growing intolerance for one another then we fundamentally disagree.

If I was a right-wing nut signing up to Parler, here's the ID I would have used.

here's mine

610V3qI8M2L._AC_SX522_.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I never mentioned BLM.

If you can't see that organisations like CNN are complicit in American's growing intolerance for one another then we fundamentally disagree.

Could you find some examples of CNN promoting intolerance.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Hnk3DIA_d.webp?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

everlast75 wrote: »

https://nysba.org/new-york-state-bar-association-launches-historic-inquiry-into-removing-trump-attorney-rudy-giuliani-from-its-membership/

The New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) strongly condemned the violent uprising that occurred at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, orchestrated by individuals bent on subverting the will of the voters by disrupting the certification of the 2020 presidential election results.

Thankfully, Congress overcame this assault and fulfilled its constitutional responsibility in certifying the Biden-Harris victory. However, we must address the root cause of this abhorrent incident, the blame for which lies first and foremost with President Donald Trump.

But the president did not act alone. Hours before the angry mob stormed the Capitol walls, Trump’s personal attorney, Rudolph Giuliani, addressed a crowd of thousands at the White House, reiterating baseless claims of widespread election fraud in the presidential election and the Georgia U.S. Senate runoffs.

“If we’re wrong, we will be made fools of, but if we’re right a lot of them will go to jail,” Mr. Giuliani said. “Let’s have trial by combat.”

NYSBA has received hundreds of complaints in recent months about Mr. Giuliani and his baseless efforts on behalf of President Trump to cast doubt on the veracity of the 2020 presidential election and, after the votes were cast, to overturn its legitimate results. As widely reported, these efforts included the commencement and prosecution of court actions in multiple states without any evidentiary basis whatsoever. In each and every instance, these actions were appropriately dismissed by the courts in which they were brought.

As the nation’s largest voluntary state bar association, NYSBA has a responsibility to defend and protect the rule of law. Based on these complaints, and the statement Mr. Giuliani uttered shortly before the attack on the Capitol, NYSBA President Scott M. Karson has launched an inquiry pursuant to the Association’s bylaws to determine whether Mr. Giuliani should be removed from the membership rolls of the Association.

NYSBA’s bylaws state that “no person who advocates the overthrow of the government of the United States, or of any state, territory or possession thereof, or of any political subdivision therein, by force or other illegal means, shall be a member of the Association.” Mr. Giuliani’s words quite clearly were intended to encourage Trump supporters unhappy with the election’s outcome to take matters into their own hands. Their subsequent attack on the Capitol was nothing short of an attempted coup, intended to prevent the peaceful transition of power.

Mr. Giuliani will be provided due process and have an opportunity – should he so choose – to explain and defend his words and actions.

This decision is historic for NYSBA, and we have not made it lightly. We cannot stand idly by and allow those intent on rending the fabric of our democracy to go unchecked.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Very strong words from the NYSBA

"Cumulus Media, the employer of conservative talk radio hosts like Mark Levin, Dan Bongino and Ben Shapiro, is reportedly telling hosts they will be fired if they continue to spread baseless claims about the 2020 presidential election."

https://www.mediaite.com/radio/cumulus-orders-radio-hosts-which-include-dan-bongino-and-mark-levin-to-stop-pushing-election-conspiracies/

Prepare for the intensification of disinformation about what the 1st amendment is.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭yagan

I never mentioned BLM.

Where did CNN incite an overthrow of government?

By inventing false equivalence you're promoting terrorism. You are a terrorism promoter.

It's awful.stuff but Pelosi doesn't help things either. She's the wrong person to have speaking out. The Dems really need somebody else leading Congress.

Why? She's old? She's a she?

Whoever "leads" the Democrats will be demonised. Chuck Schumer? Sure he's a Jew. There'll always be some nonsense.

I never mentioned BLM.

Exemplify please?

Just downloaded one of the .txt.bin files editted out the .bin part I'm left with a big list of parler.com links, a bit pointless when the site is offline... Or am I missing something?

Depends on the text making up the link at times. User Ids etc can be present

Why? She's old? She's a she?

Whoever "leads" the Democrats will be demonised. Chuck Schumer? Sure he's a Jew. There'll always be some nonsense.

They can't demonise him for being a Jew. Well, not openly anyway. Well, not openly by the ones trying to pass themselves off as respectable and not hanging white-nationalist symbols inside the US Capitol building.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I hope she's been having a chat with the FBI about her people who were outside possibly rioting, participating in an insurrection..

https://twitter.com/shannonrwatts/status/1348311925138939905?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Overheal wrote: »
    https://nysba.org/new-york-state-bar-association-launches-historic-inquiry-into-removing-trump-attorney-rudy-giuliani-from-its-membership/

The New York State Bar Association (NYSBA) strongly condemned the violent uprising that occurred at the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6, orchestrated by individuals bent on subverting the will of the voters by disrupting the certification of the 2020 presidential election results.

Thankfully, Congress overcame this assault and fulfilled its constitutional responsibility in certifying the Biden-Harris victory. However, we must address the root cause of this abhorrent incident, the blame for which lies first and foremost with President Donald Trump.

But the president did not act alone. Hours before the angry mob stormed the Capitol walls, Trump’s personal attorney, Rudolph Giuliani, addressed a crowd of thousands at the White House, reiterating baseless claims of widespread election fraud in the presidential election and the Georgia U.S. Senate runoffs.

“If we’re wrong, we will be made fools of, but if we’re right a lot of them will go to jail,” Mr. Giuliani said. “Let’s have trial by combat.”

NYSBA has received hundreds of complaints in recent months about Mr. Giuliani and his baseless efforts on behalf of President Trump to cast doubt on the veracity of the 2020 presidential election and, after the votes were cast, to overturn its legitimate results. As widely reported, these efforts included the commencement and prosecution of court actions in multiple states without any evidentiary basis whatsoever. In each and every instance, these actions were appropriately dismissed by the courts in which they were brought.

As the nation’s largest voluntary state bar association, NYSBA has a responsibility to defend and protect the rule of law. Based on these complaints, and the statement Mr. Giuliani uttered shortly before the attack on the Capitol, NYSBA President Scott M. Karson has launched an inquiry pursuant to the Association’s bylaws to determine whether Mr. Giuliani should be removed from the membership rolls of the Association.

NYSBA’s bylaws state that “no person who advocates the overthrow of the government of the United States, or of any state, territory or possession thereof, or of any political subdivision therein, by force or other illegal means, shall be a member of the Association.” Mr. Giuliani’s words quite clearly were intended to encourage Trump supporters unhappy with the election’s outcome to take matters into their own hands. Their subsequent attack on the Capitol was nothing short of an attempted coup, intended to prevent the peaceful transition of power.

Mr. Giuliani will be provided due process and have an opportunity – should he so choose – to explain and defend his words and actions.

This decision is historic for NYSBA, and we have not made it lightly. We cannot stand idly by and allow those intent on rending the fabric of our democracy to go unchecked.

Looks like he'll be losing his honorary degree too

https://www.newsweek.com/rudy-giuliani-honorary-degree-revoke-capitol-violence-1560439

They can't demonise him for being a Jew. Well, not openly anyway.

Well then they just dog whistle it as 'new/one world order' perhaps with a 'George Soros' added for extra Nazi flair

• Advertisement

I hope she's been having a chat with the FBI about her people who were outside possibly rioting, participating in an insurrection..

Her constituents know the election was crooked. Despite no credible evidence being produced, i.e. that which you could build a court case around for example. Despite every talking point about irregularities being debunked over and over.

I would imagine there are people who think Trump knowingly colluded with Russia to influence the 2016 election, even though it couldn't be conclusively proved. But you know what those people didn't do? They didn't march down to the Capitol building, led by Hillary Clinton to overturn the election result based on their personal opinion.

So, no, both sides are not as bad as each other. The Trumpist side is most definitely worse.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

duploelabs wrote: »

Oh, the Humanities...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,936 ✭✭✭fly_agaric

Kaybaykwah wrote: »
    Well, the Brothers Koch have been successful in undermining union activism and leftist agendas in colleges and administrations via all sorts of targeted propaganda. The healthcare and Education sector are great examples of how Americans have been led to believe a universal health scheme would "take away" their choice. The Koch brothers have been active on that front for 50 years trying to roll back or stem the liberal measures of progressives.

There's some people like those that one could speculate might be okay with chaos + the death of democracy in America (they'd no doubt have an "in" with the Leader/party and do very well).

However I think most of those who've funded and promoted the Republicans and their policies over last 20 years would not be pleased with it.

They only wanted delivery of ever-increasing profit via tax cuts, government spending cuts, & full regulatory capture - not political/social chaos & the US potentially transitioning into an autocracy/"managed democracy"!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The Department of Defense has identified more terrorist threats from Trump supporters planning on hitting on the 20th or before
    The push by House Democrats came after the office of the Colorado Democratic representative Jason Crow released a readout of a call in which army secretary Ryan McCarthy “indicated that [the Department of Defense] is aware of further possible threats posed by would-be terrorists in the days up to and including Inauguration Day”.

According to the readout, McCarthy said the Pentagon was “working with local and federal law enforcement to coordinate security preparations” for 20 January.

Crow, a former US army ranger, said he had “raised grave concerns about reports that active duty and reserve military members were involved in the insurrection” and asked that “troops deployed for the inauguration … are not sympathetic to domestic terrorists”. The readout said McCarthy agreed and said he was willing to testify publicly in the coming days.
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/11/pelosi-says-house-will-proceed-with-efforts-to-remove-trump-with-urgency-25th-amendment

Incredible that the Democrat representative has to ask that military members who are sympathetic to Trump not be employed on Bidens inauguration day.

The Department of Defense has identified more terrorist threats from Trump supporters planning on hitting on the 20th or before

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/11/pelosi-says-house-will-proceed-with-efforts-to-remove-trump-with-urgency-25th-amendment

Incredible that the Democrat representative has to ask that military members who are sympathetic to Trump not be employed on Bidens inauguration day.

They're also changing around the secret service (or the ss as trump likes to dog whistle them as) detail to remove any trump loyalists

This is the most concerning idea, that there are many cops and military in the states who are sympathetic to Trump, who have been radicalised, and who will cooperate with outside attempts to get at members of Biden's administration if not Biden himself, some time during the next four years.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,366 ✭✭✭1800_Ladladlad

The Harris Administration state that economic business relief will be made based in part on race & gender, that they will be made a priority. We get a glimpse into the systemic racial discrimination that white people can expect to face in the coming years. This sort of blatant Democratic racism is nothing new.

There's me thinking that businesses received aid based on government economic criteria, not to prioritize businesses based on skin color or gender, you'd have thought that aid would be equally provided or distributed to business suffering. Discrimination based on race and sex includes white people and remains unlawful under federal law. I thought their goal was to unify the country. Nothing says unity and healing like segregation. The Democrats want to prove they're not racist & sexist by being racist & sexist!

Biden hasn't even started the job yet and here he is promoting his intentions for the implementation of institutionalized racism.

https://twitter.com/Transition46/status/1348403213200990209

• Registered Users Posts: 2,042 ✭✭✭Carfacemandog

She was also directing traffic via Twitter during the riots, trying go keep them up to speed on Pelosis movements in order for them to locate her. The FBI will surely be hwvingv words, at the very least.

Oh, and here's something for the "free speech" posters to intentionally ignore:

https://twitter.com/Bri4CO/status/1347196470693228544

• Advertisement

The House is in session in just a few moments to bring forward the 25th amendment bill, and introduce the impeachment articles. Unanimous consent not expected for either (how could you? Seditionists are still members of the chamber)

Pelosi is also abundantly aware of that and has cited 14A Sec. III more than a few times in the last week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement