Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭briany

Tippex wrote: »
    And now for something completely different.... well not really but These people
    https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1348672976066117633

After that, they're expected to descend upon Powder's Ice Cream in the same city, for removing their favourite flavour from the menu, citing 'freedom of peach'.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭yagan

briany wrote: »
    I should think it would be harder to go after Donald Trump if he skips out to a country which lacks an extradition treaty with the USA.
    I'm actually surprised to see Saudi Arabia doesn't have an extradition agreement with the USA considering their decades old security agreement. He's got hotels there so wouldn't be surprised if he scoots off there.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,736 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Overheal wrote: »

Works for NASA a bit more impressive than Fmr. Miss Universe Ireland for me.

Fionnghuala O'Reilly
    Director of the NASA Space Apps Challenge and a NASA Datanaut. O’Reilly, who goes by Fig, is a member of NASA's Datanaut program within the space agency's Open Innovation program, and also works remotely out of Dublin as a director for Space Apps, which hosts a global innovation incubator hackathon each year in 225 locations around the world

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fionnghuala_O%27Reilly

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

yagan wrote: »
    I'm actually surprised to see Saudi Arabia doesn't have an extradition agreement with the USA considering their decades old security agreement. He's got hotels there so wouldn't be surprised if he scoots off there.

SA just signed some agreements for weapons yet to be delivered, I doubt they'll put them at risk for a heathen like donny.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

Obviously not caused, but certainly not helped. Obviously Trump has been the instigator in chief, but both sides of the political divide in the US have played their part in heightening tensions.

https://twitter.com/jason_howerton/status/1300520249196978176

Listen, that's Whataboutery at it's worst! First there's a big difference between saying things and actually doing them. I know a lot of people who have uttered the words about different people "I want to kill them", but i don't know anyone who's an actual killer.

Nancy Pelosi or any of the Democrats have never incited violence anywhere near the scale of Donald Trump, who tries to act like a Mob boss. As I said over 4 years ago when people were Wrongly comparing Hillary to Trump and said they were both criminals, I said - "it's like comparing someone who stole a loaf of bread to Charles Manson and saying they are both criminals". Trump's crimes and rhetoric are on a whole different level and I don't think there is any US politician anywhere near the criminal scale of Trump and there have been some pretty bad US politicians. There is no comparison!!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Fionnghuala O'Reilly

Well said. I had no clue.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭briany

Is Trump still in the White House? I remember someone saying that he'd feck off to Mar O Lago for the Christmas break and never return.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Wonder will Donnie's disciples on here be heading down to Cumberland Place in solidarity

Fionnghuala O'Reilly

She was on RTE radio one a few weeks back, a pretty amazing individual tbh.

• Advertisement

briany wrote: »
    Is Trump still in the White House? I remember someone saying that he'd feck off to Mar O Lago for the Christmas break and never return.
    I thought he mightn't come back after the xmas break there but seemingly he's in Texas today, supposedly at the Alamo. Symbolics much.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

I'm not a Trump fan nor am I a fan of armed protests but Corporate America shouldn't get to make decisions like deplatforming Trump.

There's a huge danger in allowing social media companies to dictate who has a voice and who doesn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

yagan wrote: »
    I thought he mightn't come back after the xmas break there but seemingly he's in Texas today, supposedly at the Alamo. Symbolics much.

He's not at 'The Alamo' but a town called Alamo

Edit: now that I think of it, trump probably instructed someone to book him in 'the alamo' only for the best people to make a horlicks of it like the four seasons landscaping skit

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Overheal wrote: »
    Some of the reasons Parler was boycotted into oblivion - good reasons.

"Violence works make them afraid"

Parler-threat-1.jpg
    Parler-threat-2.jpg
    Parler-threat-3.jpg
    Parler-threat-4.jpg

Parler-threats-5.jpg < - During the siege

I fully expect some of these Parler users who use this violent rhetoric and threats to be unmasked as Republican politicians.

BattleCorp wrote: »
    I'm not a Trump fan nor am I a fan of armed protests but Corporate America shouldn't get to make decisions like deplatforming Trump.

There's a huge danger in allowing social media companies to dictate who has a voice and who doesn't.

And there's a fair argument that he was breaching freedom of speech at the point he started to push for an insurrection. Given the fact more events are being planned by Trump supporters, his means to incite have simply been taken away.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

That's capitalism at work.

As for deplatforming, Trump literally has a press team. It was ridiculous that he was so obsessed with twitter in the first place.
    Probably liked the fact there were no pesky reporters to ask hard questions.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,168 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

He could address the nation from Oval office, I'm sure he will. And he'll have his own version of events.
    No one bat an eyelid at his speech on the day to his supporters, so to say after the event that he directed the nutjobs to storm the building seems far fetched.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

It's perfectly acceptable for a private company, who doesn't charge for their service, to dictate the terms and conditions of the use of their product. Those who don't comply with those terms, no matter who they are, deserve to be have that service withdrawn by them

This is exactly what Republicans want though. They want corporations to be able to choose who they do business with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭maebee

Nice one from the Collison brothers:-

https://www.irishcentral.com/news/politics/stripe-bans-processing-donald-trump-s-fundraising-payments

Stripe, the online credit card processor started by the Collison brothers from Limerick, has announced they will stop processing online payments for Donald Trump’s campaign.

The ban by Stripe will cause huge problems for the Trump fundraising ventures as the company has become by far the biggest operator in the field. Trump is said to have raised up to $250 million since the presidential election.

Stripe has joined many US corporations, including Marriott, Blue Cross, Blue Shield, and Citi Bank, who have all announced they will no longer give donations to Republicans who helped launch the Capitol riots in Washington last week.

• Advertisement

He could address the nation from Oval office, I'm sure he will. And he'll have his own version of events.
    No one bat an eyelid at his speech on the day to his supporters, so to say after the event that he directed the nutjobs to storm the building seems far fetched.

This is revisionism plain and simple. His speech was being criticised for it's divisive and inflammatory language even before the MAGA zombies marched to the Capitol.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

The Harris Administration state that economic business relief will be made based in part on race & gender, that they will be made a priority. We get a glimpse into the systemic racial discrimination that white people can expect to face in the coming years. This sort of blatant Democratic racism is nothing new.

There's me thinking that businesses received aid based on government economic criteria, not to prioritize businesses based on skin color or gender, you'd have thought that aid would be equally provided or distributed to business suffering. Discrimination based on race and sex includes white people and remains unlawful under federal law. I thought their goal was to unify the country. Nothing says unity and healing like segregation. The Democrats want to prove they're not racist & sexist by being racist & sexist!

Biden hasn't even started the job yet and here he is promoting his intentions for the implementation of institutionalized racism.

https://twitter.com/Transition46/status/1348403213200990209

Just wait until you hear who has been in charge for the last 4 years and how he promoted his policies that were directed to focus on helping specific races :rolleyes:

(even though in reality the policies, like most of the other ones he pushed, really just made rich white men even richer)

https://twitter.com/JHorstman45/status/1310627269812072449?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Literally everything this fella posts is lies :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 83,539 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Who did you ask? The wall? Your cat?

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1347908845281095680?s=20

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭emmalynn19

Billy Mays wrote: »
    Literally everything this fella posts is lies :pac::pac:
    Is this guy an immigrant?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

In primaries 600,000 ballots were thrown out, in election, none? come on.
    In Georgia 12k was thrown out in primaries, in Election trump lost Georgia by 11k, but there was far more votes in Presidential Election, so thrown out ballots would be far higher than the 12k in primaries.... in theory .
    Hey BorneTobyWilde, you threw this out there and people took the time to respond but you must have been busy with other stuff as you went quite for awhile. And then you must have forgotten all about it because when you came back you never responded.

So now's your chance to respond.

https://sos.ga.gov/index.php/electio..._350_from_2018

Do you understand that you don't own your Facebook page, or your Twitter account?

When a business provides you with a service for free then you're the product.

Trump as President still has a press room from where he can address the nation freely, but he has chosen not to. Why?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

No, the real "huge danger" is in allowing violent seditionists to attempt to overthrow democracy.

This isn't some theoretical free speech argument any more. It actually happened that the President of the United States used social media to promote outright lies and get his supporters to gather, and and then stood in person in front of the mob, and encouraged them to go to Capitol Hill and disrupt the democratic process that was to certify his legitimate successor. This actually happened, and people died as a result.

Corporate America 100% have the duty to make sure that they're not used as tools to undermine democracy and the rule of law.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

All he had to do was follow the T&Cs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,256 ✭✭✭combat14

interesting to see german leader:

Angela Merkel sees Twitter’s cancelling of Donald Trump as ‘problematic’

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.breakingnews.ie/amp/world/angela-merkel-sees-twitters-cancelling-of-donald-trump-as-problematic-1062616.html

Russian opposition leader Navalny slams Trump ban as 'censorship'

“I get death threats here every day for many years, and Twitter doesn’t ban anyone (not that I ask for it),” Navalny wrote.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nbcnews.com/news/amp/ncna1253679

interesting to see different perspectives from around the world

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement