Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭Cork Trucker

https://www.state.gov/biographies/donald-j-trump/

By all accounts he's gone :eek:

Love him or hate him....its been an insane 4 years
    See yiz later losers

All fake news

Not from Boards he hasn't

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭SomethingElse

Muahahaha wrote: »
    Glad its fake news as I need him to pardon a family member to win a Paddy Power bet, thread had my heart sank there for a minute

This is what US politics has become...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

valoren wrote: »
    The PGA of America, who will not host in 2022, is different from the PGA Tour, I wonder what the PGA Tour stance is.

The PGA Tour doesn't have any tournaments scheduled in Trump owned courses.

https://www.pgatour.com/tournaments/schedule.html

• Registered Users Posts: 10,969 ✭✭✭✭alchemist33

Glad its fake news as I need him to pardon a family member to win a Paddy Power bet, thread had my heart sank there for a minute

Bit heartless to gamble on one of your family getting out of prison or not?

Yes plus losing his pension and a security allowance plus the annual million dollar travel allowance

That’s actually not true. Was from a fake news tweet that went viral. There is no such thing as a million dollar travel allowance

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/11/politics/fact-check-tweet-trump-impeachment-run-2024-secret-service/index.html

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

phildub wrote: »
    BuzzFeed News, citing sources, said a “disgruntled staffers” was behind the changes.

I'd say there's no shortage of those around the administration

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

nullzero wrote: »
    Are people actually deriving pleasure from the perceived potential suffering of some nitwit with a comb over and addiction to fake tan?

and how. It is delicious. He is an odious individual who deserves everything coming to him.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,813 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I'm trying to figure out on what planet does it make sense that a stubborn trump means that he won't resign.

Surely if McConnell walks in and tells him that je will ensure trump is convicted in the senate, that he will lose all post presidency perks, or that the justice department will pursue him to the ends of the earth should he not step down etc etc Trump will realise one option is humiliating but the other is utter ruin, he will select the former?

I appreciate that he's a bit mental but surely the U.S. government has the power to completely snip Trump's balls should they need to.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,783 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

PMBC wrote: »
    That is not on the State Department's website.

It was.

Disgruntled staffer being blamed.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,813 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Think it’s a hack. Or a fake site. Nothing in any US media

that page has been taken down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

nullzero wrote: »
    Are people actually deriving pleasure from the perceived potential suffering of some nitwit with a comb over and addiction to fake tan?

What's Dale Winton got to do with all this?

Bit heartless to gamble on one of your family getting out of prison or not?

Not if its joe exotic

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭soups05

Why would he resign? He is just about to release evidence of widespread voter fraud which proves he WON the election with almost 300% of the popular vote don't ya know. Plus all those rescued kids from the elite kiddy fiddler rings are about to tell all about the dems who imprisoned them.

Oh and lets not forget the whole secret plan to arrest and jail the politions and drain that swamp. I hear they are gonna be put in to chain gangs to help build that wall. Then things can get back to normal cos he will be able to reveal the whole covid hoax.

(sadly some of my american friends believe some, if not all, of the above)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,536 ✭✭✭✭TheValeyard

Thread title needs changing.

All eyes on Kursk. Slava Ukraini.

PMBC wrote: »
    That is not on the State Department's website.

It is the right site, but the State Department Website wouldn't usually have a biography of the President (he doesn't hold any office in the Department).

This looks like something a staffer with access to the website's CMS threw up as a joke.

Also, there's no way in hell that the President's departure would be first accertained from a timestamp on an obscure page on a website.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,309 ✭✭✭ceadaoin.

Haha husband has a bet on pence to be the next president so we need that resignation before Biden officially takes over

• Registered Users Posts: 5,567 ✭✭✭bennyl10

It's not hard to check if it fake news. Google "Trump resigns" and nothing

It’s literally on a government website
    You can’t blame anyone for thinking it might be correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,492 ✭✭✭Sir Oxman

That’s actually not true. Was from a fake news tweet that went viral. There is no such thing as a million dollar travel allowance

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/11/politics/fact-check-tweet-trump-impeachment-run-2024-secret-service/index.html

Social media is soooo good...
    The story of the tweet
    "When we called Costiloe to tell him that we were planning a fact check and that much of the tweet was inaccurate, he said good-naturedly: "Tear it a new one. Go for it, baby." He said he is "nobody," a man who lives with diabetes in Texas and did the tweet because he had seen the information pop up somewhere on his Facebook feed and "it made me feel good."
    He said he was never sure the content was correct and was amazed the tweet went so viral. He said he had only 200 Twitter followers at the time he posted it.
    "I don't want to mess up the world. I just wanted to make me feel good," he said. "It turns out it made a lot of people feel good.""

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,454 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Would it be a clever tactical move though. If he resigns then he can't be impeached. And if he isn't impeached then he can run in 2024, technically. Not that I think he will when the times comes.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,037 ✭✭✭✭briany

Trump has indeed resigned

....himself to the fact that he won't be president in nine days time.

That would be a story in itself considering his apparent delusion and narcissism.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,587 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Damien360 wrote: »
    If he was impeached, would that prevent him running again in 4 years time ? Highly unlikely scenario but I could see the big goon actually believing he has a chance.

I think after the last few days even he knows the jig is up on that, apart from nuts like Ted Cruz the Rep party has left him high and dry to cover their own arses.

AllForIt wrote: »
    Would it be a clever tactical move though. If he resigns then he can't be impeached. And if he isn't impeached then he can run in 2024, technically. Not that I think he will when the times comes.

There's some debate going on as to whether a President can be impeached after they leave office. It's never had to really be discussed before, but here we are. And if he could be impeached, and were, and then done in the Senate, he could no longer run for office, which he wouldn't be happy about.

bennyl10 wrote: »
    It’s literally on a government website
    You can’t blame anyone for thinking it might be correct.

This is why the media usually require two sources. Something as big as the President's resignation would generate a lot more heat than a mostly blank page on a website.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 284 ✭✭DraftDodger

Fake news thread title

I think after the last few days even he knows the jig is up on that, apart from nuts like Ted Cruz the Rep party has left him high and dry to cover their own arses.

Yeah, but assuming he were free to run for office, I don't think the Republican establishment being against means much. They were against him up until he won the nomination in 2016.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,778 ✭✭✭Captain_Crash

valoren wrote: »
    PGA of America run that tournament. PGA tour sometimes hold tournaments at Doral.

The R&A have ruled out Turnberry as a venue for the Open for the foreseeable future too. Another blow.

The WGC used to be held at Doral but that got moved to Mexico prior to his election to office because of bad press they were getting at the time. Don’t think any trump course has been used on the tour since he became president.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Thread title needs changing.

Trump Fired Into Outer Space

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Hitting them in the pocket.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement