Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Sonics2k wrote: »

Earlier today a staff member inadvertently posted an offensive cartoon on my social media. I do not make my own social media posts and when I discovered the mistake it was immediately deleted.
    -Ron Paul
    https://twitter.com/RonPaul/status/1013849398340710401?s=20

If that's the case I'll rescind my comment and apologise, but it does read like it.
    Pretty sure Gregor is right.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

Earlier today a staff member inadvertently posted an offensive cartoon on my social media. I do not make my own social media posts and when I discovered the mistake it was immediately deleted.
    -Ron Paul

Yeah right.

-Ron Paul

He's about a million years old, it's plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

namloc1980 wrote: »

Another cabinet member resigns.

Given his history and position I doubt this is out of an objection, I'd say he wants to get out so he doesn't have to make tough decisions that if not made he'll get slaughtered for when all the investigations start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Poor Ron, accidentally letting anti-semites in charge of his social media. It could happen to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Given his history and position I doubt this is out of an objection, I'd say he wants to get out so he doesn't have to make tough decisions that if not made he'll get slaughtered for when all the investigations start

Just another rat deserting the sinking ship.

-Ron Paul

I don't particularly believe him though. Quick Google indicates as of late he's been pushing multiple conspiracies around the great reset and covid. So it fits that he might push stuff from the anti semites playbook.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

-Ron Paul

So he accidentally hired an anti-semite and racist to run his social media. Man I just hate when I work as a Representative of the State and accidentally hire a bloody Nazi to represent me to the public.

Yeah right.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

• Advertisement

Looks like they're considering disbarring Rudy in New York.. Expect we'll get some posters praising him shortly for balance.

https://twitter.com/ABC/status/1348716078785064961?s=19

So he accidentally hired an anti-semite and racist to run his social media. Man I just hate when I work as a Representative of the State and accidentally hire a bloody Nazi to represent me to the public.

Yeah right.

Another example of the republicans hiring only the best people perhaps?

Sort of like the Florida gov hiring a conspiracy theory posting uber driver as the states data scientist because the previous one wouldn't manipulate the stats.

Looks like they're considering disbarring Rudy in New York.. Expect we'll get some posters praising him shortly for balance.

Giuliani always struck me as the kind of guy who'd suddenly appear in a wheelchair with an oxygen tank if he ever had to stand trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,730 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Howard Stern made a great comparison today Charles Manson died in prison for telling his followers to do something without actually doing anything himself.

Murder by proxy.

Howard Stern made a great comparison today Charles Manson died in prison for telling his followers to do something without actually doing anything himself.

Murder by proxy.

Seen this and similar doing the rounds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

The "white man" as you describe it is clearly drawn in the same style as Jews were caricatured in anti-Semitic propaganda going back decades. The other people depicted are also standard stereotypes with long standing traditions in racist publications. Ron Paul, as a veteran politician, would most certainly be well aware of these facts, and could not credibly claim that he was just posting an innocent cartoon depicting some friendly multi-cultural faces. I don't know you, so I don't know what your excuse for not knowing this is, but now you do know.

Hold on a second, are you saying that satirical cartoons are not allowed any more? I really have some catching up to do. What else are we not allowed draw?

• Registered Users Posts: 34,005 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Jin luk wrote: »
    I always knew it, the fact people get butthurt over it is ridiculous, it's like when I was in Australia all the paddy slagging I got and all the other Irish too 'ya auld potato picker' 'heres the spudman' constantly mocking of Irish speech and heritage did it bother the majority of us? No we laugh at it the way **** was until the world got hurt with any little comment or picture.

Suffice to say basing entirely on your use of language.

You are not Irish. Your claims about being Irish are invalid. You even speak with an American twang. It's all in the isms. Butt hurt. The way **** was... Etc etc

Good luck I can see what this is about.

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Hold on a second, are you saying that satirical cartoons are not allowed any more? I really have some catching up to do. What else are we not allowed draw?

Maybe instead of catching up on anything, put the effort into a more convincing troll. You're playing your hand too hard, too early.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

If that's the case I'll rescind my comment and apologise, but it does read like it.

No you misunderstand, I'm saying that the racist cartoon is part of Nazi propaganda

Tbh I thought that was fairly clear just by writing 'propaganda' in my comment

Representations like this were used to justify genocide, that's why it's abhorrent

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

There's a world of difference between satire and offensive stereotyping. I thought that would be a fairly easy distinction to make.

• Advertisement

Eh, you're free to push anti-semitic imagery but the rest of us are also free to call it out for what it is and make judgements about the person pushing it.

No you misunderstand, I'm saying that the racist cartoon is part of Nazi propaganda

Representations like this were used to justify genocide, that's why it's abhorrent

Then I wholeheartedly apologise for misreading it. Between this thread and a few others I've seen a few comments similar to it and I misread the intent of it.

I thought it was out of character for you and it was my mistake.

Sure if it was only satirical then why did he delete it and apologise?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

I honestly cannot believe what I'm seeing on the news. What did Trump say to "incite violence"? The news never tell us what he said!

And the "riots"? Please. That must have been the most tame riot I have ever seen in my life. This is all incredibly bizarre!

Maybe instead of catching up on anything, put the effort into a more convincing troll. You're playing your hand too hard, too early.

No, I believe in free speech, thanks. You can ban someone from whatever platform you want but people have, do and always will draw whatever they want, no matter how much it offends you. And long may it continue.

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

Then I wholeheartedly apologise for misreading it. Between this thread and a few others I've seen a few comments similar to it and I misread the intent of it.

I thought it was out of character for you and it was my mistake.

No problem, I am after all just a red square with googly eyes on here to it's difficult sometimes to get across intent :)

I really really would not want people to think I actually believe **** like that :(

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Overheal wrote: »
    Sure yeah I can just pull IEDs out of my ass on the spur of the moment.

They were not pipe bombs, they were Pipe Dreams of overturning the election.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

And the "riots"? Please. That must have been the most tame riot I have ever seen in my life. This is all incredibly bizarre!

Tell that to the cop who was killed.

I don't particularly believe him though. Quick Google indicates as of late he's been pushing multiple conspiracies around the great reset and covid. So it fits that he might push stuff from the anti semites playbook.
    I see no correlation between great reset / covid and anti semitism.
    One is a year old the other ... well a lot older.
    Great reset tends towards blaming Western governments, Covid blame is usually towards China

I honestly cannot believe what I'm seeing on the news. What did Trump say to "incite violence"? The news never tell us what he said!

No, I believe in free speech, thanks. You can ban someone from whatever platform you want but people have, do and always will draw whatever they want, no matter how much it offends you. And long may it continue.

A weak effort, 2/10.

• Advertisement

Well remember first they had to demonise the Jewish community, ostracise them, attack their businesses and only far far down that road (of legal crimes) did the crimes against humanity occur.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement