Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭relax carry on

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Hold on a second, are you saying that satirical cartoons are not allowed any more? I really have some catching up to do. What else are we not allowed draw?

God this is painful. Are you getting off on this?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

Smee_Again wrote: »
    Tell that to the cop who was killed.

Do you support the BLM "protests"? I suppose the 17 people killed in those are justified.

• Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Ah I see prominent racist the dunne has had his tuppence worth.

No surprise that he's sympathetic towards the white guy Trump, either.

They all crawl out of the woodwork having been hiding in shame and embarrassment for the last 2 months to cheer on their gracious leader who gives not a single **** about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Do you support the BLM "protests"? I suppose the 17 people killed in those are justified.

Do you live under a bridge?

Well remember first they had to demonise the Jewish community, ostracise them, attack their businesses and only far far down that road (of legal crimes) did the crimes against humanity occur.

Sort of what like trump has being trying to do for the last four years so.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭basillarkin

DubInMeath wrote: »
    Another example of the republicans hiring only the best people perhaps?

Sort of like the Florida gov hiring a conspiracy theory posting uber driver as the states data scientist because the previous one wouldn't manipulate the stats.

He did ordered the police to raid her home, that guy?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Sort of what like trump has being trying to do for the last four years so.
    Yes, Trump killed George Floyd, then burnt many business and damaged federal buildings.

He had more support among coloured / immigrant community this election than 2016, they must be stupid to be voting for someone oppressing them?

Yes, Trump killed George Floyd, then burnt many business and damaged federal buildings.

He had more support among coloured / immigrant community this election than 2016, they must be stupid to be voting for someone oppressing them?

He tried to inflame the Floyd protests... This included praising the teen who killed people in Kenosha. He regularly praised militias throughout his presidency... He even inspired the Magabomber who targeted news stations and politicians Trump doesn't like. He's even disgraced in his party now. 33% approval rating as a result of his **** and frankly shouldn't be that high.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭bfa1509

5 minutes on boards should set them straight :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,636 ✭✭✭feargale

If I were the boss in Iran I'd be stocking up on the iodine tablets this coming week.

• Advertisement

Oh dear. The mask just slipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trump needs to speak up, make an address to the nation.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,535 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

“We love you. You’re very special.” “Our fight is just beginning”

Yeah, no he ****ing does not.

The Cuban votes I'm not surprised at. The coloured vote as you called them meh small rise accounted for bu those on high salary and bigger tax breaks, but still 87 to 90% of their vote going to Biden just because trump inflamed the George Floyd situation and didn't want to upset his base.

What mask?

What mask?

Fair point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

The Cuban votes I'm not surprised at. The coloured vote as you called them meh small rise accounted for bu those on high salary and bigger tax breaks, but still 87 to 90% of their vote going to Biden just because trump inflamed the George Floyd situation and didn't want to upset his base.

We actually don't really have clear evidence of a rise in PoC votes for Republicans regardless. Exit polls used to establish the demo breakdowns come from in-person voting. Given the enormous postal vote proportion this time, a huge chunk of the data in that regard is just invisible. What seems at first glance to be a rise in real numbers could just be a higher proportion of a smaller sample overall. We've no real way to know because we don't have another pandemic election to compare to.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,545 ✭✭✭This is it

Nothing but lies and hate from his mouth, he needs to leave the WH

We actually don't really have clear evidence of a rise in PoC votes for Republicans regardless. Exit polls used to establish the demo breakdowns come from in-person voting. Given the enormous postal vote proportion this time, a huge chunk of the data in that regard is just invisible. What seems at first glance to be a rise in real numbers could just be a higher proportion of a smaller sample overall. We've no real way to know because we don't have another pandemic election to compare to.

True but from what I have seen the vote breakdown was reported between 87/90 & 8/12 percent in favor of Biden.
    Given that the rise in the vote for trump among minorities even based on incomplete data has been put forward as a suggested argument point on the sites like Parler and worse, it'll be a while before it stops being used, but in some cases won't ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I don't know if this tweet from Rep. Paul Gosar has been posted before but I hadn't seen it before https://twitter.com/DrPaulGosar/status/1346865455571599363

Turns out Gosar was one of the main organisers of the event
    https://twitter.com/Bruno_J_Navarro/status/1348422880753807360

And three of his siblings want him removed and have some pretty strong words for him:
    "We know him to be an extremist and we took that very seriously," Jennifer Gosar told the newspaper. "I believe that my brother has been a constant perpetrator of misinformation. ... I've been incredulous at the lack of accountability thus far. I would think Wednesday would be certainly a line."

"When you talk about what happened the other day, you're talking about treason. You're talking about overthrowing the government. That's what this is. If that doesn't rise to the level of expulsion, what does?" said Tim Gosar.

https://thehill.com/homenews/house/533565-gosars-siblings-push-to-have-him-removed-from-congress-after-capitol-riot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Ah ffs.

On a side note it's weird how Trumps absence on twitter almost makes it feel as though he's gone. It's actually very refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,679 ✭✭✭storker

Well thought-out comment from Sam Harris:

https://samharris.org/podcasts/230-insurrection-lies/

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭Tea drinker

Fair point.
    Well if we want to talk about the mask slipping....Don't know me, never met me so why are you making snide comments about masks?
    It's really disingenuous of you to try to tarnish me, and uncalled for.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

It was a glimpse into the shambles that followed in the next 4 years

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDoWY3B09_8&t=7m58s

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

Kidchamelion's?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭maebee

briany wrote: »
    He didn't explicitly tell them to storm Capitol Hill. In fact, he did use the words 'peacefully and patriotically' in his address to that crowd re: going down to the Capitol building to, er, encourage lawmakers to, er, do the 'right thing'.

I just feel the need to point that out, because if you directly accuse him of telling the mob to attack the Capitol building, he can point to those three quoted words, which he probably knew what he was at by saying, and then call his critics 'hysterical', despite him riling up that crowd with the whole lie about the stolen election.

He didn't come out and tell his supporters to stop during the "storming". I'm sure he saw the gallows his supporters built and heard them chanting "Hang Mike Pence". He heard them shout "Kill Pelosi". He had to be told by Biden to advise them to go home.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,502 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Be interesting as part of the investigation to see if his email and phone records could be subpoenaed as part of the investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

“Federal officials investigating after video shows "Trump" etched into manatee's back”

This makes me angry.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,730 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

This dude is on hunger strike...wait for it because he isn't being served organic food in the detention centre he is being held in.

1294935351-1.jpg?width=982&height=726

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 83,535 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Researchers are starting to wonder about those IEDs, tying the modus operandi to that of Anders Breivik

https://twitter.com/jsrailton/status/1348826249565761538?s=20

Breivik of course diverted police forces with a van bomb attack, killing 8, before carrying out the massacre of 69 people, mostly children, at a camp.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement