Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,706 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I don't know if Biden has the authority, but, if he can decide who can attend his inauguration, I really hope Ivanka is left at home.

https://twitter.com/robcrilly/status/1348744790557519874

Do not let her get even a fraction of an opportunity to appear magnanimous, or diplomatic so she can use it in a campaign promo in ten years when she thinks everyone has forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,535 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I don't know if Biden has the authority, but, if he can decide who can attend his inauguration, I really hope Ivanka is left at home.

Do not let her get even a fraction of an opportunity to appear magnanimous, or diplomatic so she can use it in a campaign promo in ten years when she thinks everyone has forgotten.

Her political career as a dog catcher? A representative? An infowars pundit? She can get fcuked if she thinks anyone will entertain her.

Screenshot%202021-01-06%20at%203.53.39%20pm.png?width=640

Let's be clear, Hitler attempted a failed coup, he was punished - and he still rose to power, because Germany let it happen. We ****ing won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

This dude is on hunger strike...wait for it because he isn't being served organic food in the detention centre he is being held in.

1294935351-1.jpg?width=982&height=726

The f**king state of him! lol
    Try reasoning with that.

Try reasoning with that.

He dresses up well

and keeps INTERESTING company

rudy-viking.jpg?resize=865,452

• Registered Users Posts: 2,470 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Try reasoning with that.

far right and far left people really are alot closer to each other then they think.

• Advertisement

newhouse87 wrote: »
    far right and far left people really are alot closer to each other then they think.

Violent extremism is exclusive to no one.

Overheal wrote: »
    Violent extremism is exclusive to no one.
    im talking about the looks of some of these people tbh, seen some mad looking people at left wing protests aswel, all unhinged at far reaching ends of of both political spectrums imo

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

He dresses up well

rudy-viking.jpg?resize=865,452

Given those two options the bullhorns are a better look tbh.

Irate man with a megaphone tries to demand being let in to the Washington State Capitol, he tries anyway and is immediately arrested.

https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/kv9yj4/man_demands_to_be_let_into_washington_state/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

I should be full of schadenfreude about this one, but given recent events it just seems like another effort to probe responses.

Around the country armored infantry are mobilizing, lock stock. https://www.reddit.com/r/PublicFreakout/comments/kveplv/us_army_quietly_moving_armored_vehicles_with_50/?utm_source=share&utm_medium=web2x&context=3

im talking about the looks of some of these people tbh, seen some mad looking people at left wing protests aswel, all unhinged at far reaching ends of of both political spectrums imo

Can you give us an example.

Before you do, we've all seen the ladies bawling their eyes out and screaming 'not my President' but, can you point to a comparable cast of characters as what we saw last week and indeed over the last 12 months or so (including the President, his attorney, his press officer, and several elected representatives from his party) in this also.

• Advertisement

Can you give us an example.

Before you do, we've all seen the ladies bawling their eyes out and screaming 'not my President' but, can you point to a comparable cast of characters as what we saw last week and indeed over the last 12 months or so (including the President, his attorney, his press officer, and several elected representatives from his party) in this also.

thought the girl that was screaming "i will **** you up" at a senator think it was rand paul looked unhinged to me but hey that's just my opinion.

thought the girl that was screaming "i will **** you up" at a senator think it was rand paul looked unhinged to me but hey that's just my opinion.

Now quite a comparable cast though is it?

I was literally replying to the pic of the right wing horned guy. Simple point that both ends have extreme characters that's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,568 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

He dresses up well

Yeah, the hat suits him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

I don't think it needs to be like for like. I'm very Liberal but I cannot stand the far left as much as I cannot stand the far right. We can condemn them both without an apples for apples comparison. I can support BLM and condemn people who burnt buildings down, and if a person tells me that I can't, that I either support it all or none, or I have no right to tell people how to feel and I'm part of the problem, then they are guilty of the same thing as the far right. Because that's how they get people. Video after video of someone saying this and your quickly in a Radicalised situation. I'm saying this because I was that person who said these things after watching video after video on tik Tok of people telling me condemning the violence made me as bad as the Right wingers

That all said, I don't think the BLM rallies, even the most violent parts, are in any way comparable to Jan 6th , but my point is we can condem the extreme behaviours of both sides even if one situation is worse than the other

• Registered Users Posts: 19,342 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

How the fuck can Ivanka Trump have a "promising political career"?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Tony EH wrote: »

I would have said the same about Donald Trump in 2014.
    It is hard to apply logic and reason to large swathes of the American electorate.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Tony EH wrote: »

She barged into a conversation with EU leaders and nodded her head.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

joe40 wrote: »
    I would have said the same about Donald Trump in 2014.
    It is hard to apply logic and reason to large swathes of the American electorate.

Would trump supporters back a Jewish woman?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Would trump supporters back a Jewish woman?

I don't know. I can see no redeeming features about Ivanka Trump. She is purely mercenary and has displayed zero political intelligence.
    Anyone with an iota of sense would see through her.
    My fear is that the republican party and supporters are so far past reason, intelligence and decency that it is hard to predict what will happen.
    She certainly does not deserve a political career after this.

• Advertisement

The Belichick statement

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErfeEl_XUAEYMOt?format=jpg&name=900x900

ErfeEl_XUAEYMOt?format=jpg&name=900x900

Interesting fact: me, him, and Mark Bingham - one of the Flight United 93 counter-hijackers, all pledged the same fraternity. Somehow, I don't think Bingham's sacrifice to defend the US Capitol on 9/11 has been lost on Brother Belichick.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

joe40 wrote: »
    I don't know. I can see no redeeming features about Ivanka Trump. She is purely mercenary and has displayed zero political intelligence.
    Anyone with an iota of sense would see through her.
    My fear is that the republican party and supporters are so far past reason, intelligence and decency that it is hard to predict what will happen.
    She certainly does not deserve a political career after this.

She has the Trump name which will likely keep the proud boys and other gutter dwellers loyal to her.

Actual Republicans will avoid any Trump for the plague they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,454 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

The Belichick statement

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/ErfeEl_XUAEYMOt?format=jpg&name=900x900

ErfeEl_XUAEYMOt?format=jpg&name=900x900

Interesting fact: me, him, and Mark Bingham - one of the Flight United 93 counter-hijackers, all pledged the same fraternity. Somehow, I don't think Bingham's sacrifice to defend the US Capitol on 9/11 has been lost on Brother Belichick.

Trump and him have been friends for years, to a point where trump wanted to make him a military advisor, this will really hurt him, more than the pga snub. I'd expect a tweetstorm in 5.....oh wait

duploelabs wrote: »
    Trump and him have been friends for years, to a point where trump wanted to make him a military advisor, this will really hurt him, more than the pga snub. I'd expect a tweetstorm in 5.....oh wait

Trump was well advised then, not to appoint a football coach to the role of a military advisor. War isn't a sport, or a game.

edit: really great annotated version of Trumps speech before the attack https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/interactive/2021/annotated-trump-speech-jan-6-capitol/

Just in case anyone still thinks the President didn't incite it, have a read of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

She barged into a conversation with EU leaders and nodded her head.

Who hilariously turned their backs and ignored her

• Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

bfa1509 wrote: »
    Do you support the BLM "protests"? I suppose the 17 people killed in those are justified.

Yes, some probably were but without knowing too much about all 17 I'd say most were not particularly those killed by right wing terrorists which make up a large proportion of that 17.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,813 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Utter ****ing nonsense.

The idea that her or Don pose any possibility of becoming the nominee in 2024 is absolutely not going to ****ing happen, for a multitude of reasons, including that she is a woman.

Trump, for all his flaws, has a charisma which works on the weak minded. Ivanka and Don absolutely do not.

Neither one of them can hold a room.

Neither one of them have the illusion of being self made business mogul.

Neither one of them will have the national enquirer or other resources trump utilised in 2016.

Neither one of them will be running against a manifestly hated character like Hillary Clinton.

No how, no way.

And all of the above is without what will happen to the Trump name over the next year or two.

I can see why someone may instinctively fear it, but it does not in any way, become a possibility once it is considered for a short period of time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭tigger123

everlast75 wrote: »
    Utter ****ing nonsense.

The idea that her or Don pose any possibility of becoming the nominee in 2024 is absolutely not going to ****ing happen, for a multitude of reasons, including that she is a woman.

Trump, for all his flaws, has a charisma which works on the weak minded. Ivanka and Don absolutely do not.

Neither one of them can hold a room.

Neither one of them have the illusion of being self made business mogul.

Neither one of them will have the national enquirer or other resources trump utilised in 2016.

Neither one of them will be running against a manifestly hated character like Hillary Clinton.

No how, no way.

And all of the above is without what will happen to the Trump name over the next year or two.

I can see why someone may instinctively fear it, but it does not in any way, become a possibility once it is considered for a short period of time.

Would agree. Trump himself is a very charismatic charleton. None of the others hold that quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,813 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Trump was well advised then, not to appoint a football coach to the role of a military advisor. War isn't a sport, or a game.

edit: really great annotated version of Trumps speech before the attack https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/interactive/2021/annotated-trump-speech-jan-6-capitol/

Just in case anyone still thinks the President didn't incite it, have a read of it.

The only ones that don't think he incited that riot are either being delusional or disingenuous.

That's all the people Trump has left on his side.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,766 ✭✭✭✭pjohnson

everlast75 wrote: »
    The only ones that don't think he incited that riot are either being delusional or disingenuous.

That's all the people Trump has left on his side.

Exactly. And I see no reason these dopes would not vote for Ivanka.

They left reality behind years ago.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement