Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

not if those books are in any way critical. anyway, that isn't what a presidential library is. It is more of an archive than a library.

My comment was tongue in cheek following on from a few other churlish posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

To be fair, Regans also has an Air Force One, a F-117 Nighthawk and a walloping great chunk of the Berlin Wall

It has a Marine One as well. All a bit hideous if you ask me.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,002 ✭✭✭✭listermint

as much as I dislike trump I think it might be a stretch even for him to build a worse presidential library than some of his predecessors. The ronald reagan library in california has the pub he visited on his trip to ballyporeen. Not a replica of the pub, the actual pub. they packed the whole lot in crates and shipped it to california and rebuilt it.

No offence to opinion but that sounds awesome

:D

Trump would have gold plated everything and a gold statue of himself rather than meaningful moments in his life. Obviously Reagan took something out of that trip personally.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,002 ✭✭✭✭listermint

It has a Marine One as well. All a bit hideous if you ask me.

Odd that you find that hideous when your on here giving it socks about how great a coastal elite is , who was born into wealth and lives in an actual gold plated tower with a massive floor dedicated solely to himself with gold ceilings.

Hideous is it

GoFindMe ?

MannaFromHeavan?

• Advertisement

listermint wrote: »
    Odd that you find that hideous when your on here giving it socks about how great a coastal elite is , who was born into wealth and lives in an actual gold plated tower with a massive floor dedicated solely to himself with gold ceilings.

Hideous is it

Presuming you are referring to Trump, when exactly have i given it socks about how great he is?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,174 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1349037401243582466?s=19

Can't wait to find out what Trump has on him. The weasel.

We all know what Trump has on him, its the worst kept secret in washington, he's a 65 year old confirmed bachelor.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,317 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

https://twitter.com/kaitlancollins/status/1349037401243582466?s=19

Can't wait to find out what Trump has on him. The weasel.

The most spineless man on this earth. Maybe even worse than Ted Cruz.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,482 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

My comment was tongue in cheek following on from a few other churlish posts.

A sense of humour isn't permitted when it comes to talking about Trump.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭maebee

Tony Schwartz - talk about getting something spot on !

https://twitter.com/FirenzeMike/status/1340351783474892800?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,811 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/1349054194209206272?s=19

Each of the 140 Republicans who objected to the certification *after the riot* should be asked this.

The footage of their answer should be spliced with the footage of the riots and that should the advert content of those running against them.

That should be enough for any reasonable person to make the right decision.

• Really risky for Chuck Schumer to be doing his statements out on the street in NY. Plenty of ropey characters knocking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,664 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    The problem he now faces is that if he accepts a Pardon (or pardons himself) covering the incident on the 6th or a blanket pardon covering his time in Office, that is an admission of guilt.

If he admits guilt, then people will go to town on him via Civil Suits , he can't claim innocence , it just becomes a matter of how much it costs him.

Anyone injured on the day can sue him for inciting the riot that caused their injury (or death in the case of the Police Officer).

I'm sure even some people not injured could sue him for putting them at risk etc. etc.

He is well and truly stuck between a rock and a hard place.

Is a pardon specific to a crime or is it just a general catch all crimes type of exoneration? Could he issue himself a pardon just for any and all crimes that may have been committed in office, therefore while it is an admission of guilt for a crime it isnt specific to what crime it is. Or does it have to refer and name the specific crimes he is excusing himself for?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,429 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

For all the talk about censorship etc

There is absolutely nothing to stop Trump from holding a press conference as many times as he wants. He has chosen not to.

Exactly, The POTUS gets a daily press conference with the attention of all the worlds media. Trump cancelled them because he didn’t want to have to answer questions

Trump has the greatest media platform on earth. Freedom of speech does not mean the right to freedom from accountability

• Registered Users Posts: 14,030 ✭✭✭✭briany

This 'farewell tour' that Trump is undertaking - do we have a definite schedule of stops he's going to make, given there are only 8 days left to his presidency?

I can take an educated guess at the content of any and all speeches he's going to give in the coming days - his great accomplishments in office, how bad Biden and the Democrats will be for America in the next 2 years at least, how they stole the election from him and possibly calls on his supporters to 'resist', being careful to use words that could technically be interpreted more than one way. How they're trying to silence him, but they can never silence the 'beautiful' movement he and all those 75 Americans (or more - 'You know it, I know it. They didn't win.... They didn't win...') created.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Genuinely...What exactly did trump say last week?

All i have seen is that he asked his followers to march and protest...no mention of violence or storming the capital...

I will say i dislike Trump, as his an odious person...

Some will say that his been stoking the divisions in the States over his 4 years, but it also be said that us left leaning folks are guilty of stoking such division by calling his supporters stupid and morons etc

• Registered Users Posts: 56,403 ✭✭✭✭walshb

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

All i have seen is that he asked his followers to march and protest...no mention of violence or storming the capital...

Some will say that his been stoking the divisions in the States over his 4 years, but it also be said that us left leaning folks are guilty of stoking such division by calling his supporters stupid and morons etc

Come on..

We all know damn well what he did...

Did he actually need to uttter certain words here?

Both sides.

Thank you for your contribution.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,534 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Genuinely: read on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭basillarkin

True don't think they will get him on incitement to violence. It won't hold up imo. But there is one thing they can get him on, is the interfering of an election and the perfect phonecall to the geogria sos.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,429 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Except that's an equally crazy conspiracy theory like the Republican lie about this election.

But Putin is probably falling about laughing, as is Xi. The US is clearly doomed.

How many of Trumps campaign team were convicted of crimes relating to collusion during the 2016 election?

I’ll start you off. His campaign Manager Paul Manafort got 7.5 years in jail for convictions including conspiracy to defraud the United States and he was found by a republican senate committee to have been colluding with Russian intelligence agencies

Here’s a few more names, Roger Stone, Michael Flynn, George Papadopoulos, Rick Gates...

Trump might not have been convicted of anything (yet) but Mueller himself said this was because the president has constitutional protection and he could definitely face prosecution after he leaves office if the will is there to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

And they did nothing to disprove any of those claims by being fooled by obvious lies about election fraud and then recording and posting themselves attempting to carry out a coup.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,705 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Genuinely, do some research
    Republicans are constantly fighting like a boxer with his hands tied behind his back. It’s like a boxer, and we want to be so nice. We want to be so respectful of everybody, including bad people. We’re going to have to fight much harder and Mike Pence is going to have to come through for us. If he doesn’t, that will be a sad day for our country because you’re sworn to uphold our constitution. Now it is up to Congress to confront this egregious assault on our democracy. After this, we’re going to walk down and I’ll be there with you. We’re going to walk down. We’re going to walk down any one you want, but I think right here. We’re going walk down to the Capitol, and we’re going to cheer on our brave senators, and congressmen and women. We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness. You have to show strength, and you have to be strong.

Both sides.

Thank you for your contribution.

Yes...Sure just look at this thread...anyone who is of a conservative leaning, is literally turned on...Sure only look at the likes of "Last Week Tonight", its at times like a personal attack on people of conservative leanings some weeks

I will agree i was once guilty of that, but i have learnt its important to listen, because if we stop listening and don't productively engage with these folks you give more power to the fringe movements on both sides of the spectrum...

I have read the transcript of Trump's speech, its nothing new, just they stole the election(no proof of that of course), he did say he'd like the 10's of thousands of his supporters up on the stage with him, along with all the military and police, but that doesn't mean he wanted to actually, it was more figuratively...not literal

Genuinely, do some research

Thats a leap...protest loudly doesn't equal Storm the capital and cause mayham...

Fight is a word used a lot in politics and social movements, it doesn't literally mean to physically engage with others with violence

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Thats a leap...protest loudly doesn't equal Storm the capital and cause mayham

So why did they do it then and why did many come prepared to take hostages etc?

namloc1980 wrote: »

you're wasting your time.

namloc1980 wrote: »

So we are blaming him for the sin's of his supporters...Agreed that a sizable minority of his supporters are dangerous, there are some of his supports that wanted to execute a governor in Michigan...With all movements there are fringe groups who act without regard for society such as the group that stormed the capital

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

Yes...Sure just look at this thread...anyone who is of a conservative leaning, is literally turned on...Sure only look at the likes of "Last Week Tonight", its at times like a personal attack on people of conservative leanings some weeks

I will agree i was once guilty of that, but i have learnt its important to listen, because if we stop listening and don't productively engage with these folks you give more power to the fringe movements on both sides of the spectrum...

I have read the transcript of Trump's speech, its nothing new, just they stole the election(no proof of that of course), he did say he'd like the 10's of thousands of his supporters up on the stage with him, along with all the military and police, but that doesn't mean he wanted to actually, it was more figuratively...not literal

Listening doesn't fix crazy.

Trump was given the opportunity to push for recounts in multiple states and had around 70 court cases - none of which found any significant fraud or changed the election results.

The GOP leadership allowed the lie to build up steam and then it cannot be stopped no matter what evidence is put in front of them - hence why we get a white mob attacking the Capitol building in an attempted coup.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,705 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

When did you learn that? Last week when a lot of cosplayers tried to overturn democracy and everyone realised that anyone who enticed them to do so should be held accountable for their actions.

Spare us this 'born again' BS. If conservatives respect Law and Order so much they wouldn't stand for anyone who was involved in the insurrection.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement