Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Yes...Sure just look at this thread...anyone who is of a conservative leaning, is literally turned on...Sure only look at the likes of "Last Week Tonight", its at times like a personal attack on people of conservative leanings some weeks

I will agree i was once guilty of that, but i have learnt its important to listen, because if we stop listening and don't productively engage with these folks you give more power to the fringe movements on both sides of the spectrum...

I have read the transcript of Trump's speech, its nothing new, just they stole the election(no proof of that of course), he did say he'd like the 10's of thousands of his supporters up on the stage with him, along with all the military and police, but that doesn't mean he wanted to actually, it was more figuratively...not literal

I presume you don't dip your toe into any conservative media if you believe what is on 'Last Week Tonight' is too harsh. The 'F*** your feelings' brigade is suddenly really delicate, you could say like a snowflake.

Look how Fox News is dealing with 2016 and 2020 results

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1348765884035321857?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

you're wasting your time.

See this is the problem...You have an idea and aren't willing to listen to someone who has a different opinion or interpretation of the events...

We as a society are fcuked, discourse is dead...echo chambers and safe spaces for everyone...

I can only imagine what its like for right leaning folks, is it any wonder that they feel isolated and open to more extreme ideology

See this is the problem...You have an idea and aren't willing to listen to someone who has a different opinion or interpretation of the events...

We as a society are fcuked, discourse is dead...echo chambers and safe spaces for everyone...

I can only imagine what its like for right leaning folks, is it any wonder that they feel isolated and open to more extreme ideology

You'd swear this thread hasn't heard this drivel already.

You're bad at what you're attempting, and you're unoriginal.

Foxtrol wrote: »
    I presume you don't dip your toe into any conservative media if you believe what is on 'Last Week Tonight' is too harsh. The 'F*** your feelings' brigade is suddenly really delicate, you could say like a snowflake.

Look how Fox News is dealing with 2016 and 2020 results

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/1348765884035321857?s=20

I have said both sides are guilty, i well agree that right can be a big harsher and less polished, but calling me stupid nicely and shouting at me that "i'm stupid" are much the same, its just how we perceive it

• Registered Users Posts: 14,030 ✭✭✭✭briany

So we are blaming him for the sin's of his supporters

I believe this was Charles Manson's sentiment as well during his trial and subsequent imprisonment.

How about this, and you would think this isn't too much to ask - how about not riling a massive crowd of your angry supporters, using an utterly baseless claim of a stolen election, and then telling them to march down to the Capitol building to try and intimidate lawmakers inside into overturning a democratic election. Would anyone say that this is too much to ask?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

So we are blaming him for the sin's of his supporters...Agreed that a sizable minority of his supporters are dangerous, there are some of his supports that wanted to execute a governor in Michigan...With all movements there are fringe groups who act without regard for society such as the group that stormed the capital

Yes. He spent years building up to this moment. Before the election he repeatedly told his supporters that the only way they'd lose is if the election was rigged. He told them the Democrats were going to steal the election. Then he lost the election and low and behold he told them "see, I told you". He has repeated lies and conspiracy theories for the last 2 months. He has told his followers their country is being stolen from them and that they must fight back. Do you honestly believe that this stuff had zero impact on his followers and had nothing to do with the attack on the Capitol?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,704 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

So we are blaming him for the sin's of his supporters...Agreed that a sizable minority of his supporters are dangerous, there are some of his supports that wanted to execute a governor in Michigan...With all movements there are fringe groups who act without regard for society such as the group that stormed the capital

He told his supporters they had to 'LIBERATE' various states.
    He told the Proud Boys to 'Stand Back and Stand by'.
    He told his supporters the election was going to be stolen.
    He told his supporters the election was stolen.
    He told his supporters they had to fight.
    He told his supporters to march on Congress.
    He told his supporters that he would be right there with them.
    He told his supporters that they would never take back their country with weakness.
    He told his supporters he loved and respected them after they had stormed congress.

Yes, we are blaming him for the sins of his supporters. Absolutely.

You'd swear this thread hasn't heard this drivel already.

You're bad at what you're attempting, and you're unoriginal.

I'm just trying to find out what he said that "incited" the violence, as i can't see much...He used energetic language like he has always done...

I just think we moving to more divided and divisive world because folks are afraid to have their views challenge, and for many folks its way too late, their view and set in stone and there is no changing them

I'm just trying to find out what he said that "incited" the violence, as i can't see much...He used energetic language like he has always done...

I just think we moving to more divided and divisive world because folks are afraid to have their views challenge, and for many folks its way too late, their view and set in stone and there is no changing them

Aww, look. He's still trying.

He told his supporters they had to 'LIBERATE' various states.
    He told the Proud Boys to 'Stand Back and Stand by'.
    He told his supporters the election was going to be stolen.
    He told his supporters the election was stolen.
    He told his supporters they had to fight.
    He told his supporters to march on Congress.
    He told his supporters that he would be right there with them.
    He told his supporters that they would never take back their country with weakness.
    He told his supporters he loved and respected them after they had stormed congress.

Yes, we are blaming him for the sins of his supporters. Absolutely.

Lots of people have marched on congress, war protests, civil rights...

I will certainly grant you the "He told the Proud Boys to 'Stand Back and Stand by'" Why didn't that get him impeached, that certainly was a lot more of an incitement than his speech last week

• Advertisement

Lots of people have marched on congress, war protests, civil rights...

I will certainly grant you the "He told the Proud Boys to 'Stand Back and Stand by'" Why didn't that get him impeached, that certainly was a lot more of an incitement than his speech last week

How many of those stormed the Capitol?? This false equivalence is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I have said both sides are guilty, i well agree that right can be a big harsher and less polished, but calling me stupid nicely and shouting at me that "i'm stupid" are much the same, its just how we perceive it

Both sides.

Aww, look. He's still trying.

Unfortunately your one of those people, who is now set in your position...and not open to having your views challenged, thank you for proving my point...

I listen to lots of people i disagree with an numerous grounds, its helps me get a better prescriptive of an argument of issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭yagan

Where's your evidence that both "sides" tried to storm the capital and overthrow the state by force?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Unfortunately your one of those people, who is now set in your position...and not open to having your views challenged, thank you for proving my point...

I listen to lots of people i disagree with an numerous grounds, its helps me get a better prescriptive of an argument of issue

you haven't challenged anything. All you have done is show that you don't understand what has been going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭Christy42

Presuming you are referring to Trump, when exactly have i given it socks about how great he is?

I suspect if they are anything like me one email looks like another and you have been mixed up with Hotmail.com. In spite of the names being pretty different I have still gotten confused a few times!

yagan wrote: »
    Where's your evidence that both "sides" tried to storm the capital and overthrow the state by force?

Never said both sides tried to storm the capital...siad both sides are guilty of driving the divide...

Right Media and some Left Media...More so in regards to the almost constant assault on the intellgents of conservatives and trump supporters which only drives them away from left media...

• Registered Users Posts: 19,810 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Never said both sides tried to storm the capital...siad both sides are guilty of driving the divide...

Right Media and some Left Media...More so in regards to the almost constant assault on the intellgents of conservatives and trump supporters which only drives them away from left media...

Disingenuous or delusional

everlast75 wrote: »
    Disingenuous or delusional

Everyone is just proving my point...and i'm left leaning...imagine a right leaning person being calling stupid(sorry implied), delusional...no wonder they don't engage with mainstream media and lie to pollsters

• Registered Users Posts: 19,810 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Everyone is just proving my point...and i'm left leaning...imagine a right leaning person being calling stupid(sorry implied), delusional...no wonder they don't engage with mainstream media and lie to pollsters

If you cannot draw a straight line between what Trump said and what happened, then you are one or the other.

Every single right thinking person can see it.

So either everyone else is wrong and you're right (delusional) or you're trying to be edgy (disingenuous)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

220px-California_sea_lion_in_La_Jolla_%2870568%29.jpg

There's plenty to debate with conservatives and it happens here and in the grownup version of this thread.Trump supporters are a different kettle of fish who like to call themselves conservatives when they are anything but. What are you supposed to do with someone who's starting position is that the election was stolen? How rational a discussion can you have with people who insist on misinforming themselves with conspiracy theories from MAGA social media and disregarding logic and reason?

Discussing immigration policy with an informed conservative arguing in good faith is one thing. Discussing GPS with a flat earther is something else entirely. You can't have a reasonable discussion with someone who has lost all reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭yagan

Some people express their objections vocally but one side has resorted to sedition.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,704 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Everyone is just proving my point.
    No, they're not.
    and i'm left leaning
    No you're not.
    imagine a right leaning person being calling stupid(sorry implied), delusional...no wonder they don't engage with mainstream media and lie to pollsters
    Anybody who takes the position you have taken in excusing Trumps roll in last weeks disturbance is doing so either from a position of stupidity (maybe as a consequence of ignorance) or in an effort to deflect some of the justice which should be coming his way.

And that it is somehow the fault of the media, or liberally minded people or others that conservatives would double down on their position is laughably absurd. And right on point.

Trump is at the wall saying it's all a witch hunt. Change the record man!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

The issue is that he whipped up the crowd who he has convinced that the election was stolen from him and encouraged them to march on the Capitol. When people believe in stupid things like the election being stolen or that Trump is honest, what else is it if not stupid?

Also, is there any evidence that Trump supporters lie to pollsters more than non-Trump supporters? I heard it said a lot before the election when the polling was in Biden's favour and it was used to justify their faith that Trump would win but it died down when Trump lost. It was stated repeatedly without evidence and I don't recall any being produced. Where did you hear of this idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

You're not the first to talk about both sides in terms of media.
    Well I don't buy it. There is nothing in American mainstream media that is remotely like Fox or such like.

I'm not an expert but I would love to see an example of so called left wing mainstream media been unfair, telling lies etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Some mentallist abusing Jewish senator Chuck Schumer on the street earlier calling him an anti semite

But we shouldn't call these people stupid or delusional apparently icon14.png

• Registered Users Posts: 25,593 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,997 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Thought that account was banned off twitter

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement