Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

theguzman wrote: »
    No President has ever actually been successfully impeached in American History! Would a successful impeachment disbar him from running in 2024? To me it looks like the GOP are afraid he will seek the nomination in 2024 (which he could win), if they expel him from the party he could run indo and destroy the GOP vote handing it to the Dems.

No matter what happens both Obama and Trump will be the puppeteers calling the shots it seems.

Obama..wait..what?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Panrich

rosser44 wrote: »
    All that is needed is 2/3 or senators present on the day, not 2/3 of all senators.

There is surely no way that these republicans are putting their heads above the parapet unless there is a guarantee that enough of them are going to flip on this. It all smacks of choreography. First the McConnell reports and then the statements from Cheney etc. I expect more to come and in enough numbers to get the job done.

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭OscarMIlde

The Nal wrote: »

It's as if they're talking about a toddler, but instead it's the President of the United States.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,666 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

fryup wrote: »
    maybe they should just let him see out his term and fade away, by kicking him out they'll make him a martyr for those right wing knuckle-heads :cool:

Maybe they should just have let Osama fade away. Sure making a martyr out of him!

And the thoughts of making a martyr out of HC didn't seem to worry them in 2016

• Registered Users Posts: 4,421 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

Anyone else think Trump might still turn this around and get another 4 years ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Panrich

Hopefully a longer term than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,810 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

No

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

What?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

1/10. Must try harder

To impeach doesn't need a 2/3 majority.

That's why he has already been impeached once. And by the numbers calculated he will undoubtedly be impeached twice.

The 2/3 majority is needed to convict him and remove him from office.

That won't happen.

• Advertisement

Another one.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,470 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

That's why he has already been impeached once. And by the numbers calculated he will undoubtedly be impeached twice.

That won't happen.

yeah, we know.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

That won't happen.

Don't count in it, a number of republicans now comming out saying they will vote to impeach.

yeah, we know.

We?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,680 ✭✭✭storker

The US Military Chiefs have spoken out and condemned the Capitol assault. They also acknowledge that units to be deployed for protection duties on Inauguration Day will need to be screened for possible extremists.

So we have the army of a democratic nation being dragged into politics and wary of possible extremist elements in its own ranks. This is third world banana republic stuff. In the USA.

https://edition.cnn.com/2021/01/12/politics/joint-chiefs-condemn-sedition/index.html

"Are we great again yet?" - Stephen Colbert

Don't count in it, a number of republicans now comming out saying they will vote to impeach.

Two thirds is a bridge too far though I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

namloc1980 wrote: »

Another one.

These are congressmen, it don't matter if the entire congress voted to impeach him, unless it gets the supermajority of greater than 2/3rds in the Senate then the Donald has nothing to fear.

These are congressmen, it don't matter if the entire congress voted to impeach him, unless it gets the supermajority of greater than 2/3rds in the Senate then the Donald has nothing to fear.

The fact Mcconnell is discussing in house about favouring removing Trump and prominent Republicans are backing it. Trump is looking to be in a far more precarious position.

• Advertisement

I agree in that he won't be removed, but is being twice impeached a badge he wants to wear?

Could be said that he is already using it to perpetuate his victimhood and distracted his base supporters from suspicion of him.

This idea of him not being allowed to run again appears to be much more complicated than first reported.

Republicans are feeling the pressure. Even so, being impeached twice is a damning indictment on his presidency.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

https://twitter.com/LindstromCheryl/status/1349124693765337089

I'm gonna take a guess at Matt Gaetz, in the library with the candlestick...

everlast75 wrote: »

They're all throwing each other under the bus now. Delightful to see.

Leroy42 wrote: »
    Obama..wait..what?

Big bogeyman for some people, makes a change from them mentioning Hillary I suppose.

I'm beginning to expect a substantial GOP vote to impeach tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,530 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Money is a powerful motivator. A lot of corporate donors are pulling the plug so these Republicans will do what's necessary to make sure the money keeps following.

The spice must flow

Two thirds is a bridge too far though I think.

https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/1349141816034078725?s=19

• https://twitter.com/LindstromCheryl/status/1349124693765337089

Gosar from Arizona number 2 I think.

• Advertisement

https://twitter.com/LindstromCheryl/status/1349124693765337089

That's very good.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement