Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Latest on the guardian blog is that Lauren Boebert, the fiesty gun toting Republican from Colorado has set off the metal detectors in the Capitol and is holding things up by not complying with instructions.

Edit* Snap!

• Registered Users Posts: 83,524 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

More than 70,000,000 Americans voted for him.

Seventy million!

You can't just brush them off as idiots.

Most Germans supported Hitler too.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,099 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

theguzman wrote: »
    https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-37982000

I wish our own politicians were as honest and kept their promises as good as Trump did. People might not have liked what he promised but he lived up to what he promised. He was not a politician of course but rather a businessman, give me a man of his word any day over the constant lies we get here.

Most things on that list are marked as failed to deliver, the ones they have him having successfully completed I don't think are really anything much to shout about.

Dropped the biggest non nuclear bomb ever, OK. So what? That's hardly a major change in policy or having got some fantastic new law through.

Left the Paris climate agreement. Again, not really something to claim as a major achievement. Ripping up an agreement is much easier than having got people to agree to something, and Biden will be signed back up to it on the 21st January anyway so only 3 months of not being part of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,723 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Pence confirms he will not invoke the 25th in a letter to Pelosi.

Overheal wrote: »

Don't think the Nazis hit the same level of support as Trump has.

• Advertisement

Lauren Boebert set off the newly installed metal detectors in Congress and is refusing to comply with a bag search.

Got links?

Don't think the Nazis hit the same level of support as Trump has.

Inside Germany he exceeded Trumps support.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,607 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Inside Germany he exceeded Trumps support.

You're right, not many Germans like Trump.
    Highest the Nazis got in multi-party elections was 43.9%.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,342 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

Foxtrol wrote: »
    Mitch likely knows a lot more about what will come out regarding the attack and what they're worried that will happen over the next few weeks.

There is going to be trials and investigations where this will all be drip fed out over the next year or so. There is a calculation to be made here that by voting to remove they can get on the 'right' side of this and not have their party and legacies tied to Trump as closely as it will if they don't get rid of him (even at this late point).

Mmmmm, a cabal of rats, snakes and weasels trying hard to look like they're doing the right thing now, in order to save themselves.

The entire lot of them should be ousted from politics completely, without pension and the luxuries it provides for their former "work".

Scumbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Sparko

The letter is available here:
    https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1349160458692009985?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

He was never going to do that. Only last week, he had thousands of nutters ready to lynch him - literally.

Not true.

But this ain't the thread for that discussion. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,778 ✭✭✭up for anything

Do I have to drag it out of you? "Jeeves, the thumbscrews please."
    everlast75 wrote: »

Not the point either.

Belittling the people who support Trump is avoiding the root of the problem.

A recipe for disaster.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,643 ✭✭✭quokula

You're right, not many Germans like Trump.
    Highest the Nazis got in multi-party elections was 43.9%.

Which put them first in the popular vote, something Trump has never achieved with his maximum of 46.9% in an effective two party election.

Not the point either.

Belittling the people who support Trump is avoiding the root of the problem.

A recipe for disaster.

I’ll happily welcome back anyone who wants to actually renounce their support of Trump. People who are still illusioned I have little understanding for.

Olympic Gold medalist in swimming Klete Keller was identified by teammates at the riots while wearing his Team USA Olympic jacket and not wearing a mask.

I’ll happily welcome back anyone who wants to actually renounce their support of Trump. People who are still illusioned I have little understanding for.

Your rhetoric is divisive. Welcome them back. One side against another. Them versus us.

That has to change in America unless it splits into 2 nations.

One thing a rioter said on camera stuck with me, he said "They think they are better than us."

That's a powerful motivation to revolt. Always has been.

They just love stoking the fire with their rhetoric.

https://twitter.com/RepDLesko/status/1349153861865496577?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Sparko wrote: »

Pence writing letter

Gun-Pointed-At-Your-Head-Reaction-Gif.gif

Your rhetoric is divisive. Welcome them back. One side against another. Them versus us.

One thing a rioter said on camera stuck with me, he said "They think they are better than us."

While the basic thrust of this might be true to a certain extent, you have to remember that the entire setup of American politics is based on division. Their Team A and Team B dynamic doesn't allow for any kind of unity and that, coupled with Trump's doubling down on the divisive nature of US politics leads only to disaster.

The blame for division is with the politicos who thrive on it and who's very existence is based on stoking it and there a lot of them involved.

Just look at this gibberish below:

Untitled-1.jpg

Is this supposed to appeal to anybody's intellect?

Or is it simply to rile up the mob, who don't possess the faculties to think through the absurdities of such a utterance.

As long as nonsense and outright lies like this is spread by public representatives, you will always have "them vs us".

They just love stoking the fire with their rhetoric.

https://twitter.com/RepDLesko/status/1349153861865496577?s=20

Or like people wanting to get on a plane. Goddamn communist airlines.

Or like people wanting to get on a plane. Goddamn communist airlines.

Or their children into schools.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

"The whole reason I started speaking out is because I feel like there is a large group of people that were being silenced"

https://thefederalist.com/2021/01/12/mandalorian-star-gina-carano-takes-us-behind-the-scenes-explains-her-politics/

I tweeted at her, asking did she believe the election was stolen...

She silenced me!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Tony EH wrote: »

Untitled-1.jpg

Is this supposed to appeal to anybody's intellect?

Or is it simply to rile up the mob, who don't possess the faculties to think through the absurdities of such a utterance.

As long as nonsense and outright lies like this is spread by public representatives, you will always have "them vs us".

Oh but the delicious irony of a rep member calling out the need for extra security measures resulting from the insurgent activities of her own followers.
    And to suggest its because of the dems.

Didn't that party found the TSA?

Indeed. It is. There will be no unity with those who are still ascribed wholesale to Donald Trump, or Q, or any of that nonsense. We shall remain divided. A sentiment that I believe is shared by a growing number of corporations and megadonors as well.

As I said, when they renounce that bs the unity they seek can begin, but you can't rebuild a foundation of unity on the sand of lies. We all have to work from the same facts again. Alternative facts must die.

137541261_10159627120056800_1905934444427547547_n.jpg?_nc_cat=1&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=VPX8Eq0u974AX_jZNZV&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-2.xx&oh=92d70a4cbdb6104167b4a72a377dd384&oe=6024A67F

Most of the 74 million who voted for him aren't prepared to be left out in the wilderness.

Christ, he ****ed off of the mainstream for 4 years and now Glenn Beck is crawling back for the next democratic president to spread 4 more years of Nazi Tourette's

https://twitter.com/JeffreyGoldberg/status/1349196502703497219?s=20

https://twitter.com/abughazalehkat/status/1349164892830490630?s=20

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,702 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Christ, he ****ed off of the mainstream for 4 years and now Glenn Beck is crawling back for the next democratic president to spread 4 more years of Nazi Tourette's

And once again talking about their method of communication being shut down on one of the most widely watched cable news (but you shouldn't view it as news) shows on the most widely viewed cable news channels.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement