Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

Overheal wrote: »
    Oh man, the insults he tried throwing at me on November 3. Doing like some wild victory dance over early reporting. Classics. Never forget.

As for martial law there’s definitely some crazies out there who think Order 66 is how the USMIL works and that it’s a patriotic solution.

As I said at the time you'll be waiting for an apology from her.
    As for martial law, trump and co would want to be desperate to avoid charges and debt collectors to try playing that card.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

The delusion will stick with us for a while.

Gonna try and book a holiday to the USA next year.

Oh the types you’ll meet in bars still in their mental foxholes

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭drogon.

For all the faults of Jeremy Clarkson, I honestly think this is one of his best and honest truth about some Americans

• Registered Users Posts: 18,305 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

The Arizona branch of the Republican Party has gone full cult of personality in the mould of Stalin, Jim Jones, North Korea etc. Sad!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,795 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

namloc1980 wrote: »
    The Arizona branch of the Republican Party has gone full cult of personality in the mould of Stalin, Jim Jones, North Korea etc. Sad!

If it was the lion from the Wizard of Oz, it would be spot on....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,375 ✭✭✭✭Professor Moriarty

That looks like a swamp.

That looks like a swamp.

Maybe it was tongue in cheek. It was a lyin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

There were Trump supporters on here who insisted that despite his rhetoric about election fraud, he would concede graciously if he clearly lost. He's clearly lost, has exhausted the legal route but instead of moving on he's trying to stage a coup openly. And his supporters are still trying to justify it all.

They'll justify it by buying into the conspiracy theory that the election was stolen. It doesn't matter how flimsy the evidence is, they'll just buy it anyway. That's what cultish devotion gets you.

their motivations are irrelevant. It is their effect I am concerned with.

Fair enough. Their effect is the most important consideration to me too but their motivation is useful when trying to get through to them.

I had multiple days with him on the skrypal stuff and had he been a lying trumper, it would have been very different.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Fair enough. Their effect is the most important consideration to me too but their motivation is useful when trying to get through to them.

I had multiple days with him on the skrypal stuff and had he been a lying trumper, it would have been very different.

there is no getting through to him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Nothing like a bit of bedtime propeganda

One guy... there is no such thing as a presedent elect in the United States...

30 secs later.... Mike Pence gets to pick the presendent elect...

They'll justify it by buying into the conspiracy theory that the election was stolen. It doesn't matter how flimsy the evidence is, they'll just buy it anyway. That's what cultish devotion gets you.

People think EO 13848 let’s Trump redo the election and have the military be poll watchers and appoint a special counsel.

https://www.federalregister.gov/documents/2018/09/14/2018-20203/imposing-certain-sanctions-in-the-event-of-foreign-interference-in-a-united-states-election

But try getting any of them to bother reading from it, or not reading some horribly edited version

Lucifer wrote: »
    Nothing like a bit of bedtime propeganda

One guy... there is no such thing as a presedent elect in the United States...

30 secs later.... Mike Pence gets to pick the presendent elect...

That’s the channel. I keep blocking it but it keeps showing up in my YouTube feed. New Tang Dynasty America, Chinese state media. All of their reporting is fairly irresponsible and clearly biased with no caveats about allegations, just in their headlines often repeating allegations of election fraud as fact.

there is no getting through to him.

I spent months in the Skripal thread arguing with him and he eventually came around to accepting who the perps were.

I view someone like that to at least be arguing in good faith, no matter how misinformed they are. He might have jumped to another CT by now but that's another matter.

The Trump supporters that were on here until they "got sick of winning" were never acting in good faith. They were happy to be dishonest as often as Trump was.

Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread any longer by defending him but all I wanted to say from the start is that he's not a Trumper. He might be very misinformed but he isn't actively lying or trolling like you'd expect from a Trump supporter.

This tickled me

https://twitter.com/meantforgreat/status/1340490692481720326?s=20

So 50 Governors and DC certify the election... and your plan is to say "I object!" and expect the same Governors to be like "actually, **** Democratic elections, Trump is the President again?"

Anyway, edit: There have been instances of objections in history, the most recent was in 2005, Democrats objected to the slate of Ohio electors over state irregularities. I found the debate video anyway for posterity - https://www.c-span.org/video/?185005-2/debate-ohio-electoral-vote-objection. If you skip ahead to 3:00:00 in the video the vote is up on screen and it is, no ifs ands or buts, not by statewide delegation. So, please, if you see this falsehood, thump it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,478 ✭✭✭francois

everlast75 wrote: »
    I've been saying for years that Trump will continue to do what he wants, incrementally, until it is too late.

I made the analogy of a cat pushing a glass off a table, a cm at a time. Everyone can see where it will end, but the Reps don't do anything, as the glass is still on the table.

Cm after cm, the glass edges closer. People raise their voices, pleading that someone stop him.

Finally, the glass drops off the table. Everyone says "ffs, we told you what would happen!"

Meanwhile, Republicans looks around, shrugging their shoulders claiming that no one could possibly have known he would have did what he did.

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1340427455778177027?s=09

"It was a conversation, not a revolution"

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I long since gave up on anyone in the Republican Party having a backbone. The fact that they only decide to speak out when they are leaving office tells you everything you need to know about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,021 ✭✭✭Christy42

Hopefully the 6th ends up being peaceful. A lot of Trump supporters are talking about coming armed with whatever they have and trying to ignore DC laws. Many seem to absolutely want a civil war. Hopefully they are too cowardly to try it. (I don't think there is enough to cause a civil war but one gunman is too many)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

On day one, my administration will rejoin the Paris Agreement and put America back in the business of leading the world on climate change.
    Joe Biden.

It's genuinely exciting having adults in charge again.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,364 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Christy42 wrote: »
    Hopefully the 6th ends up being peaceful. A lot of Trump supporters are talking about coming armed with whatever they have and trying to ignore DC laws. Many seem to absolutely want a civil war. Hopefully they are too cowardly to try it. (I don't think there is enough to cause a civil war but one gunman is too many)
    When morons are allowed guns it’s never far from a possibility that someone dies. When those morons are lead by a reckless fool then the possibility increases. I don’t think any of this will come to anything but if it does the blame will be shared between the current administration and the generations of idiots who thought guns were cool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,313 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

On day one, my administration will rejoin the Paris Agreement and put America back in the business of leading the world on climate change.
    Joe Biden.

I never imagined that I could look forward to a Joe Biden presidency this much!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,696 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Christy42 wrote: »

Think the 6th will ultimately be peaceful. There will probably be counter protests and so on but I don't think there will be conflict because Trumps supporters see the opposition as the 'Liberals' rather than the police or the military and so are less likely to be aggressive when confronted by them.

Where things could get very violent very quickly is if there is another situation like the George Floyd incident leading to BLM protests. That, I think, is where I think Trumpists might go to confront those who they despise and things could escalate very quickly.

everlast75 wrote: »
    https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1340427455778177027?s=09

"It was a conversation, not a revolution"

18 U.S. Code § 2384. Seditious conspiracy

If two or more persons in any State or Territory, or in any place subject to the jurisdiction of the United States, conspire to overthrow, put down, or to destroy by force the Government of the United States, or to levy war against them, or to oppose by force the authority thereof, or by force to prevent, hinder, or delay the execution of any law of the United States, or by force to seize, take, or possess any property of the United States contrary to the authority thereof, they shall each be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than twenty years, or both.

(June 25, 1948, ch. 645, 62 Stat. 808; July 24, 1956, ch. 678, § 1, 70 Stat. 623; Pub. L. 103–322, title XXXIII, § 330016(1)(N), Sept. 13, 1994, 108 Stat. 2148.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

Joe Biden.

Imagine being this impressionable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

Imagine ignoring 97/98 percent of scientists....

Imagine not believing in climate change....

Imagine being so selfish that you don't care for your kids future...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Cody montana

Imagine dismissing science and asking about injecting disinfectant.

But here we are.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,570 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Can we leave the paedophile accusations at the door folks, no need to be stooping to that level

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,061 ✭✭✭MontgomeryClift

"Hey there, young un. You'd you like to wake up ol' sleepy? Eh? Eh?"

*Mod snip*

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement