Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,806 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Full steam ahead people.

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1349339867638083588?s=19

Happy 2nd impeachment day!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

“New York City is terminating its contracts with the Trump Organization because of the mob riot at the U.S. Capitol, Mayor Bill de Blasio said.”

The purge continues.
    They’ll be scraping his name off buildings next.
    Some legacy.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Just one Scaramucci-minute left until the house is in session to vote on the article of impeachment. Will Trump hurriedly announce his resignation? Lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

everlast75 wrote: »
    Full steam ahead people.

https://twitter.com/jimsciutto/status/1349339867638083588?s=19

Happy 2nd impeachment day!

Shame it’s dry January.
    No impeachment cocktails tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

“New York City is terminating its contracts with the Trump Organization because of the mob riot at the U.S. Capitol, Mayor Bill de Blasio said.”

The purge continues.
    They’ll be scraping his name off buildings next.
    Some legacy.

Damnatio Memoriae

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

duploelabs wrote: »
    They already have, they've their jobs for life and have no use for Trump going forward

Indeed. As the saying goes - as soon as a useful idiot ceases to be useful, you're just left with an idiot.

Shame it’s dry January.
    No impeachment cocktails tonight.

I cracked open a bottle of prosecco the night Biden was declared the winner (purely for the single toast and then switched to bourbon).

I'll be having another drink tonight and a final trump related one on the 20th.

(Well, there may be more in the future, depending on any indictments :D )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Any of Donnie's disciples on here been uploading sh*t on Parler?

You should be able to find yourself here

https://kylemcdonald.net/parler/map/

• Registered Users Posts: 18,172 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Billy Mays wrote: »

Thats really gonna make people brick themselves, I love it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭briany

About the Parler leaks - I'm sure it will yield a good deal of information on potential domestic terrorist threats in the USA, but as I remember about Osama Bin Laden and Al Qaeda, they didn't use electronic communication after a certain point, knowing it could be monitored too easily. So, while the Parler breach is positive for security, we shouldn't see it as a home run, and remember that there could be threats organising themselves completely off-grid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

This is a good read on where the War on Terror shouldn't go.. quote from Rep llhan Omar. Biden is already calling for more powers to fight terror..

“We should not lose sight of our disgust at the double standards employed against white protesters and Black ones, or against Muslims and non-Muslims,” Omar told The Daily Beast. “But at the same time we must resist the very human desire for revenge—to simply see the tools that have oppressed Black and Brown people expanded.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/after-the-capitol-riots-the-last-thing-we-need-is-another-war-on-terror?ref=home

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

If nothing else , all this begs the question.

Why are "Conservatives" so crap at IT??

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

VinLieger wrote: »
    Thats really gonna make people brick themselves, I love it
    Also gives you the chance to see if you've any d!ckheads living close by

Win-win

• Registered Users Posts: 18,172 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

Win-win

Notice the several pips in very close proximity to the US Ambassadors residence in Phoenix park.

None at the Embassy in Ballsbridge though which makes sense considering when the riot occurred. Basically The Ambassador or his personal staff were parler. users

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭briany

Win-win

How long does this map take to fully load? I've had it open for the last 10 minutes and the spinny thing is still going in the browser tab.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Olympic Gold medalist in swimming Klete Keller was identified by teammates at the riots while wearing his Team USA Olympic jacket and not wearing a mask.

For a while yesterday it was rumoured that Chuck Norris was at the Capitol riots after this picture went viral

687e23f5-5838-46c9-9ba7-477a46ef66c9.jpg?w=620

Chuck had to release a statement saying that its not him and that at the time he was at home on his ranch in Texas.

Of course its not him, if Chuck Norris was at the Capitol riots he would be the US President right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

briany wrote: »
    How long does this map take to fully load? I've had it open for the last 10 minutes and the spinny thing is still going in the browser tab.

Loads instantly for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I am curious from a legal perspective with the various organisations severing ties etc. Generally such contracts are water tight and you cannot just walk away unless you comfortably fall into an express contractual provision allowing you to do so.

"We don't like you any more" or "You incited a violence" would not generally be recited in a contract unless it is very very widely drafted which again would be very unusual to say the least.

Plus such contracts would be with the various corporate entities rather than Trump himself personally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Dressoutlet

I registered to Parler but never posted anything on it. I just wanted to see the crazy with my own eyes, but I wonder how many were actually watching and agreeing. Irsh FB groups are full of people who speak about Parler

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

I am curious from a legal perspective with the various organisations severing ties etc. Generally such contracts are water tight and you cannot just walk away unless you comfortably fall into an express contractual provision allowing you to do so.

"We don't like you any more" or "You incited a violence" would not generally be recited in a contract unless it is very very widely drafted which again would be very unusual to say the least.

Plus such contracts would be with the various corporate entities rather than Trump himself personally.

There'd be clauses in there about "Actions leading to reputational damage" or something like that..

Exactly the same as how Sponsors bail on endorsement deals with Celebrities when they get caught doing stupid things.

I registered to Parler but never posted anything on it. I just wanted to see the crazy with my own eyes, but I wonder how many were actually watching and agreeing. Irsh FB groups are full of people who speak about Parler

I did the same , never posted , never "verified" an account.

Aside from the content being utterly posionous drivel , as a platform is was awful.

Crappy interface and a terrible clunky experience and as we now know the underlying codebase was a complete shambles of security holes and remedial standard technologies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭Christy42

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    If nothing else , all this begs the question.

Why are "Conservatives" so crap at IT??

Universities and levels of higher education are heavily correlated with being left wing. You don't learn much It in school so that only leaves people who teach themselves and a small % of people who have been taught. Certainly any job I have worked in people have been pretty open with their political beliefs which are pointed one way (and my job would involve coding) but that is Ireland.

I wonder how many are those keeping tabs on it or trolling as well. Certainly would expect at least a few in the Biden administration coming in to be on it to see what the chatter is. Many others could be interested in this as well due to the number of death threats.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

Muahahaha wrote: »
    For a while yesterday it was rumoured that Chuck Norris was at the Capitol riots after this picture went viral

Chuck had to release a statement saying that its not him and that at the time he was at home on his ranch in Texas.

Of course its not him, if Chuck Norris was at the Capitol riots he would be the US President right now.

:eek: How is that not Chuck Norris?!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,767 ✭✭✭GingerLily

Christy42 wrote: »
    I wonder how many are those keeping tabs on it or trolling as well. Certainly would expect at least a few in the Biden administration coming in to be on it to see what the chatter is. Many others could be interested in this as well due to the number of death threats.

You'd expect some journalists etc to have accounts to see what's going on.

Seems to be quite a few users in the UK, but it's probably as much as other English speaking countries if you control for population size outside the US

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

:eek: How is that not Chuck Norris?!

Chuck Norris hasn't had a line on his face in15 years, Botox is a wonderful thing :)

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    I did the same , never posted , never "verified" an account.

Aside from the content being utterly posionous drivel , as a platform is was awful.

Crappy interface and a terrible clunky experience and as we now know the underlying codebase was a complete shambles of security holes and remedial standard technologies.

I don't appear on it so it also takes away the excuse of people who do that say I only looked. I think you had to have posted to get on the map.
    Also the clunky experience, I searched the #trump2020 and it took so long to load it felt like I was on dialup

GingerLily wrote: »
    You'd expect some journalists etc to have accounts to see what's going on.

Seems to be quite a few users in the UK, but it's probably as much as other English speaking countries if you control for population size outside the US

Also VPNs from other countries could be used. But as I say I am registered but never posted and do not appear on that map so I assume its only people who posted that are on it

Muahahaha wrote: »

Frankly, when I saw the folllowing pic, I figured Chuck was there and absolutely cleaned house...

https://twitter.com/MikeSington/status/1349344643842916353?s=19

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

Also VPNs from other countries could be used. But as I say I am registered but never posted and do not appear on that map so I assume its only people who posted that are on it

It seems to be a map of people who uploaded video to Parler.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement