Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Also VPNs from other countries could be used. But as I say I am registered but never posted and do not appear on that map so I assume its only people who posted that are on it

That map is created from the Geo-tag data embedded in images uploaded to the site by posters - Which Parler didn't strip or secure in any way of course.

So it won't cover all posters , just those that included a photo in a post.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

ITV News Washington Correspondent Robert Moore and his team were the only news crew who filmed the rioters as they stormed Capitol Hill on January 6. Their report shocked America and the world.

An ITV documentary with never-before-seen pictures filmed by the team on that defining day in America airs on Tuesday night.
    https://www.itv.com/news/2021-01-12/storming-the-capitol-itv-news-team-who-filmed-pictures-that-shocked-world-reveal-inside-story-of-what-they-saw

ITV screened this documentary entitled Storming the Capitol last night and there was a fair bit of new footage in it. Their camera crew was right there with Q-Shaman guy as they entered the Capitol building and inside it they also spotted members of the Proud Boys who they had filmed before in other states. They came under attack from a Trump supporter at one point too but others held him off, it was hairy stuff. Not sure if its up on Youtube yet but watch out for it as no other tv camera crews were in there, in fact most of the footage we've seen so far has been from this single ITN news crew and then sold off to the other news networks.

In the documentary the journalist Robert Moore spoke about how he has been tracking militia groups in the US for months now, he was showing up at their events and interviewing them. He said he told his editors in London that something major was going to happen on the 6th from all of the online chatter he was seeing on Parler.

This site also got a mention, its the main forum for militias in America to organise and talks about their combat games at weekends. https://www.mymilitia.com/ Just had a browse through it and its kind of funny to see whats popular. Threads on 'Primary Weapons' number nearly 8,000 whereas threads on 'Non-lethal items' just 12. Similarly threads on 'Tactical Operations' are over 3,000 whereas 'Physical Fitness and Nutrition' is just 92. Theres a thread there discussing the banning of Parler and asking if they're next.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,262 ✭✭✭yagan

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    That map is created from the Geo-tag data embedded in images uploaded to the site by posters - Which Parler didn't strip or secure in any way of course.

So it won't cover all posters , just those that included a photo in a post.
    Just shows what the number one policy of Trump's presidency was, narcissism.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Muahahaha wrote: »
    For a while yesterday it was rumoured that Chuck Norris was at the Capitol riots after this picture went viral

687e23f5-5838-46c9-9ba7-477a46ef66c9.jpg?w=620

Chuck had to release a statement saying that its not him and that at the time he was at home on his ranch in Texas.

Of course its not him, if Chuck Norris was at the Capitol riots he would be the US President right now.

if Chuck really was there they would not have needed the IEDs. Chuck could just roundhouse kick the Capitol Building and it would collapse.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It seems to be a map of people who uploaded video to Parler.
    The locations are a bit too exact to be IP address traces.

I think it's metadata from the videos - when you take a video on your phone, it attaches the GPS data (and a load of other stuff too), so when you upload that video without stripping the metadata, anyone can see exactly where and when the video was taken.

A lot of it is probably just mundane "look at this" stuff, but some of it pinpoints houses. Which has to have people ****ting themselves.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

seamus wrote: »
    The locations are a bit too exact to be IP address traces.

I think it's metadata from the videos - when you take a video on your phone, it attaches the GPS data (and a load of other stuff too), so when you upload that video without stripping the metadata, anyone can see exactly where and when the video was taken.

A lot of it is probably just mundane "look at this" stuff, but some of it pinpoints houses. Which has to have people ****ting themselves.

It is using the metadata from video and pics. Parler did not strip this out when you uploaded unlike sites like twitter and facebook. parler was a totally amateur operation.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,805 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

^^
    You've got the WhatsApp privacy issues there too, which would have led to loads of people looking for something else.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

everlast75 wrote: »

Could be a lot, but it also coincides with a WhatsApp TOC update a lot of people aren't happy about.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,172 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

seamus wrote: »
    ^^
    You've got the WhatsApp privacy issues there too, which would have led to loads of people looking for something else.

Yup that was my first thought tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭dam099

Isn't that more about the privacy concerns with WhatsApp's recent changes to share more data with Big Brother Facebook?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

dam099 wrote: »
    Isn't that more about the privacy concerns with WhatsApp's recent changes to share more data with Big Brother Facebook?

Doesn't happen here in Europe due to GDPR

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

Christy42 wrote: »
    Universities and levels of higher education are heavily correlated with being left wing. You don't learn much It in school so that only leaves people who teach themselves and a small % of people who have been taught. Certainly any job I have worked in people have been pretty open with their political beliefs which are pointed one way (and my job would involve coding) but that is Ireland.

I wonder how many are those keeping tabs on it or trolling as well. Certainly would expect at least a few in the Biden administration coming in to be on it to see what the chatter is. Many others could be interested in this as well due to the number of death threats.

Have to agree vast majority of coders I've met working in IT nearly 30 years now would be left of centre and liberal in their beliefs, nor shy of hiding it either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭The Raging Bile Duct

francois wrote: »
    Have to agree vast majority of coders I've met working in IT nearly 30 years now would be left of centre and liberal in their beliefs, nor shy of hiding it either.

There would seem to be a pretty a hefty slant towards libertarianism with tech people across the pond from what I can get gather. Maybe I picked that up wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

You'd have to wonder if the fsb have backdoors in that

• Registered Users Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

The founder apparently use to work for Amazon AWS. I think its more a case of throwing together an MVP (minimal viable product) to try and capitalize on conservatives being pissed off about Twitter, and never really doing much else beyond that.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

wes wrote: »
    The founder apparently use to work for Amazon AWS. I think its more a case of throwing together an MVP (minimal viable product) to try and capitalize on conservatives being pissed off about Twitter, and never really doing much else beyond that.

Absolutely - Clearly just lashed together a few API's from here and there to get a platform out the door.

Also , the utterly appalling site performance suggests that they were spending the absolute bare minimum on AWS capacity as well..

And given the state of the security on the site , they weren't testing a whole lot either.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,722 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭briany

wes wrote: »

Parler might not have had the money to invest in better infrastructure because of the unconventional revenue stream where they took a cut off advertising money from influencers who used the service.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,172 ✭✭✭✭VinLieger

If kids in the schools with metal detectors did this they would be arrested.

• Advertisement

One of them was claiming that it was a breach of his constitutional rights to make him go through security!

From the Party that brought you the Patriot Act.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Might have been covered in the many other threads on the matter, but do you think Trump actually believes what he is saying himself about voter fraud, conspiracies, fake news, etc?

I can't help think that when himself, Don Jnr and co sit around having a coffee they are laughing their heads off at the 70m people who voted for them, and the fact that many of them actually believe his every word, no matter how crazy or outlandish the claim is? I bet they are saying "we gotta keep this going, because these people actually believe our every word, even if we don't ourselves".

Apologies if done already elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,872 ✭✭✭✭Penn

One of them was claiming that it was a breach of his constitutional rights to make him go through security!

They really are the most hypocritical, petulant group of c*nts.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

From the party whose POTUS hasn't been to a Covid briefing in literal months

As the House pushes forward with Trump’s impeachment, his allies are arguing that voters would prefer Congress focus on combating the coronavirus and are upset with social media companies for banning the president.

The Trump campaign Wednesday circulated a memo written by Trump pollster John McLaughlin to campaign aide Jason Miller.

“Voters are opposed to impeachment and Big Tech censorship, and they want an orderly transition,” McLaughlin wrote. “Voters strongly prefer that Congress deal with fighting coronavirus and not impeachment. Impeachment is viewed as a waste of time and money.”

As part of the White House’s limited pushback, senior aide and Trump’s son-in-law Jared Kushner has asked allies to publicly argue that impeachment is unnecessary. Trump, meanwhile, has asked Sen. Lindsey O. Graham (R-S.C.) to help hold the line with members of his chamber ahead of a potential Senate impeachment trial.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2021/01/13/trump-impeachment-biden-transition-live-updates/#link-53UPWXKFUNHSXP5KGYD4ABLW5U

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

The released tapes about Covid suggests he believes one thing and says something completely different in public.

Regardless millions believe what Trump the TV/Twitter character says so that is where it becomes dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 14,021 ✭✭✭✭briany

rossie1977 wrote: »
    The released tapes about Covid suggests he believes one thing and says something completely different in public.

Regardless millions believe what Trump the TV/Twitter character says so that is where it becomes dangerous

Note:

"It was just a prank, bro" is not a viable defence in court against the charge of fomenting insurrection.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,365 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

Also the party that most support gun rights which means children have to go through a metal detector to get educated. They really are a bunch of knobs.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Might have been covered in the many other threads on the matter, but do you think Trump actually believes what he is saying himself about voter fraud, conspiracies, fake news, etc?

I can't help think that when himself, Don Jnr and co sit around having a coffee they are laughing their heads off at the 70m people who voted for them, and the fact that many of them actually believe his every word, no matter how crazy or outlandish the claim is? I bet they are saying "we gotta keep this going, because these people actually believe our every word, even if we don't ourselves".

Apologies if done already elsewhere.

I think he does. He says basically that Biden's election went against all national and historical trends. In the primaries Trump got a huge vote and was polling at 95% approval rate among GOP voters. The 2020 election had an historically high turnout with Trump increasing his vote dramatically. He won Florida and Ohio at which point most opponents historically concede and was ahead in all the swing states until the count was stopped followed by the introduction of mail in votes which were almost 100% for Biden with curiously low spoiled ballots. These votes were concentrated in the counties encompassing Detroit Milwaukee Philadelphia Pittsburgh and Atlanta with the result that Biden won these states by only a few thousand votes.
    Trump believes that the rules for mail in ballots were ignored meaning they should have been tossed. Also there were dead people voting, there was impersonation, ineligible people voted such as felons and people out of state etc which further should have cut Biden's lead. He also claims ballots were changed or destroyed.
    He claims the recounts were bogus and there weren't proper audits and all of this was conducted by corrupt officials taking their orders from the Democrats or RINO Republicans.
    He thinks the Supreme Court was wrong when it refused to hear the challenge to the result in Pennsylvania because under the constitution only the state legislature not the state supreme court can change the rules for elections in this case admitted ballots after the 8pm deadline on election day.

He absolutely believes it. Of that there is no doubt.

Penn wrote: »
    They really are the most hypocritical, petulant group of c*nts.
    The problem here is that in other countries, the proper crazy politicians, the kind who would bring a weapon into the chamber and go postal, would belong to fringe parties.
    In the US anyone who's within an ass's roar of actually getting elected, gets aligned to one of the two parties.

So you get this wide variance in individuals inside parties.

What I'm saying is that if I suggested a representative might walk around the metal detectors and bring a weapon into the building would typically be met with claims that, "No, Republicans are crazy, but they're not that crazy".

When in reality, some US politicians ARE that crazy, because the requirements for being a party member are solely down to your electability and not your character.

I'd be deeply, deeply concerned that Bob Gibbs walking around the metal detector was a demonstration to someone else or a test run to prove whether someone could bring in a weapon without being stopped by security.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

I'm a similar time in IT and I would suggest liberal and right of centre for people working here in Ireland anyway. Because we're highly paid and acutely aware of how much of our pay goes in taxation without benefits such as free housing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement