Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭PhilOssophy

Do you not think that is just the public persona Trump though Samsonsmasher? He knows what his supporters want to hear, so he keeps peddling it. He claimed thousands of dead people, but produced no evidence.
    I can't help think that they are actually pissing themselves laughing in the background after the latest proclamation that people actually believe this tripe, no?
    I'd love to know if he's actually a complete troll who has hit the jackpot in finding naive gullible people to eat out of the palm of his hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,137 ✭✭✭chicorytip

I don't believe his comments or actions in advance of the march on Capitol Hill by his supporters could be viewed as an incitement to riot. Not at all. It would have occurred anyway.
    I think Trump suffers from some form of cognitive impairment. His (non-scripted) utterances are usually rambling, incoherent and senseless and his facial expression is mask like with an unfocused look in the eyes. He may be exhibiting signs of dementia.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 51,572 Mod ✭✭✭✭Necro

Mod:

Threads merged

• Registered Users Posts: 12,505 ✭✭✭✭mariaalice

chicorytip wrote: »
    I don't believe his comments or actions in advance of the march on Capitol Hill by his supporters could be viewed as an incitement to riot. Not at all. It would have occurred anyway.
    I think Trump suffers from some form of cognitive impairment. His (non-scripted) utterances are usually rambling, incoherent and senseless and his facial expression is mask like with an unfocused look in the eyes. He may be exhibiting signs of dementia.

I think he sort of does, he is wealthy enough to have been shielded from having to examine his rambling nonsense.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

What time are the fireworks beginning on CNN then? (what time do approx should I tune in at?)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭rossie1977

I think he does. He says basically that Biden's election went against all national and historical trends. In the primaries Trump got a huge vote and was polling at 95% approval rate among GOP voters.

No it didn't. Biden was polling ahead of Trump for over two years. I am not nostradamus but you can look back on my posts from 2 years ago saying Biden would beat him. The blue wave during the 2018 primaries were just a precursor of things to come..

Trump had high popularity among Republicans but record low approval among Dems and independents. Trump knew Biden was massive threat hence why he tried to get Ukraine to dig up dirt on him.
    The 2020 election had an historically high turnout with Trump increasing his vote dramatically. He won Florida and Ohio at which point most opponents historically concede

Sorry but what?

Turnout was up across the board. That was mostly due to how easy mail in made voting compared to normally waiting hours on line to vote.
    and was ahead in all the swing states until the count was stopped followed by the introduction of mail in votes which were almost 100% for Biden with curiously low spoiled ballots. These votes were concentrated in the counties encompassing Detroit Milwaukee Philadelphia Pittsburgh and Atlanta with the result that Biden won these states by only a few thousand votes.

Incorrect. Some states counted mail in first like Ohio, Texas and South Carolina and Biden raced into big leads in all three states only to be pegged back once voting on day was counted. Other states counted day voting first then mail in.

The cities are predominantly Democrat, we know that. Just look at Texas 2018 senate vote. Cruz won all the small counties and lost the big cities.

Not surprising there was very few spoiled mail votes. The procedure to vote by mail is extremely detailed and requires a lot of work before a postal vote is accepted as legitimate.
    Trump believes that the rules for mail in ballots were ignored meaning they should have been tossed.

Toss millions of legal votes, bet he would have liked that .

Maybe if he hadn't told supporters that mail in was fraudulent for months leading into election more Republicans would have voted this way
    Also there were dead people voting, there was impersonation, ineligible people voted such as felons and people out of state etc which further should have cut Biden's lead. He also claims ballots were changed or destroyed.

And yet multiple court cases found no evidence of any of this. Ironically the dead people who did vote were mostly Republicans...
    He claims the recounts were bogus and there weren't proper audits and all of this was conducted by corrupt officials taking their orders from the Democrats or RINO Republicans.
    He thinks the Supreme Court was wrong when it refused to hear the challenge to the result in Pennsylvania.

He absolutely believes it. Of that there is no doubt.

He can believe what he likes. In Georgia the governer rejected Trumps claims and he was one of Trumps biggest supporters, foolishly rushing to reopen state when Trump called on governors to do so.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

Wholeheartedly disagree.

He just not very bright , not very well educated and not very well read but no one has ever actually told him that , so he thinks he's Awesome.

No one has ever told him no , no one has ever told him his ideas or statements is complete tripe - He has been enabled and pandered to for his entire life.

That's part of why (all of why really) he has spent his entire Presidency whining. He was finally actually answerable to people.

People that he can't fire or ignore.

So now when those people don't vote for him and have rejected him , he simply cannot wrap his brain around that.

This is what can happen when you spoil your kids people!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,664 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

But it never happened before. Not in 2016, 2012, 2008 etc etc.

On what basis are you claiming that all these people that had never done anything like this before would have done it regardless of Trump?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Leroy42 wrote: »
    But it never happened before. Not in 2016, 2012, 2008 etc etc.

On what basis are you claiming that all these people that had never done anything like this before would have done it regardless of Trump?

The people who brought cable ties, IED's etc. to use when storming the Capitol building didn't do so on the basis of Trump's speech. They had that stuff with them so they must have intended to storm the building long before Trump gave the speech that people are saying started the riot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,170 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Does Congress have a version of Oireachtas TV we can look into?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

BattleCorp wrote: »
    The people who brought cable ties, IED's etc. to use when storming the Capitol building didn't do so on the basis of Trump's speech. They had that stuff with them so they must have intended to storm the building long before Trump gave the speech that people are saying started the riot.

Not THAT speech perhaps , but it was absolutely the inevitable cumulative outcome of ALL his speeches about the Election since November , but also all of the ones before hand.

They wouldn't have been in DC looking for a fight at all had he not filled their heads with lies for months.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,722 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

flazio wrote: »

https://www.c-span.org/

• Registered Users Posts: 83,514 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

https://www.house.gov/watch-houselive

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Do you not think that is just the public persona Trump though Samsonsmasher? He knows what his supporters want to hear, so he keeps peddling it. He claimed thousands of dead people, but produced no evidence.
    I can't help think that they are actually pissing themselves laughing in the background after the latest proclamation that people actually believe this tripe, no?
    I'd love to know if he's actually a complete troll who has hit the jackpot in finding naive gullible people to eat out of the palm of his hand?

I don't think Trump's public persona is any different from his private one. What you see is what you get.

There is no hidden inner psychology to Trump.

All his cards are on the table

• Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Cspan channels on Youtube are very good.

It's carrying the House debates and votes right now.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

I don't think Trump's public persona is any different from his private one. What you see is what you get.

There is no hidden inner psychology to Trump.

All his cards are on the table

He tells his supporters he loves them and then expresses disgust at how "low class" they are in private.

BattleCorp wrote: »

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

That's Trump in his own words. Nothing he said started the riot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

Remember when Republicans were saying that if people complied complied with the police things like the death of George Floyd wouldn't happen???

They've always been a bunch of massive hypocrites but they're really pushing it up to warp speed the last couple of months

• Advertisement

He tells his supporters he loves them and then expresses disgust at how "low class" they are in private.

He could see the idiots smashing the doors and windows and that utter clown with the horns so I presume he was referring to them?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

Quin_Dub wrote: »
    Wholeheartedly disagree.

He just not very bright , not very well educated and not very well read but no one has ever actually told him that , so he thinks he's Awesome.

No one has ever told him no , no one has ever told him his ideas or statements is complete tripe - He has been enabled and pandered to for his entire life.

That's part of why (all of why really) he has spent his entire Presidency whining. He was finally actually answerable to people.

People that he can't fire or ignore.

So now when those people don't vote for him and have rejected him , he simply cannot wrap his brain around that.

This is what can happen when you spoil your kids people!!!

Absolutely spot on in my opinion.
    I once saw a language expert analysing Trump speeches, it was great. One of the things the guy pointed was loads of examples where Trump would say, "not many people know this but..."
    According to the guy analysing the speeches It translates to "I only found this out..."
    When examples were given you could really see it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,722 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Don't impeach as it will cause the terrorists to become violent again just let the terrorist's win and move on.

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1349397976914010117?s=20

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

Does anyone seriously think he was telling people to "take back their country" from an "illegitimate president" and to "fight like hell" or "you’re not going to have a country anymore" by standing around outside The Capitol and singing "Kumbaya"? Please :rolleyes:

Here's the rest of his own words:
    "We will never give up. We will never concede. It doesn’t happen. You don’t concede when there’s theft involved. Our country has had enough. We will not take it anymore, and that is what this is all about. And to use a favorite term that all of you people really came up with, we will stop the steal."

“You will have an illegitimate president. That is what you will have, and we can’t let that happen. These are the facts that you won’t hear from the fake news media. It’s all part of the suppression effort. They don’t want to talk about it. They don’t want to talk about it."

“We fight like hell, and if you don’t fight like hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.”

"And after this, we’re going to walk down, and I’ll be there with you. … We are going to the Capitol, and we are going to try and give — the Democrats are hopeless, they are never voting for anything, not even one vote, but we are going to try — give our Republicans, the weak ones, because the strong ones don’t need any of our help, we’re try — going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.”

They then went and stormed the capitol. In the middle of this, he released a video calling them Patriots and justifying what they were doing:
    "These are the things and events that happen when a sacred landslide election victory is so unceremoniously & viciously stripped away from great patriots who have been badly & unfairly treated for so long."

He could see the idiots smashing the doors and windows and that utter clown with the horns so I presume he was referring to them?

No, by every account he thoroughly enjoyed seeing the violence in his honour, it's the caliber of the people themselves that revolts him, they're not the kind of rioters he wants for his brand.

Just like he says he'll be "right there with them" and then gets chauffeured off away as quickly as possible. We have him on tape to know he knew he was lying about how deadly Covid was, something that serious and he would lie about it. He's phony head to toe.

No, by every account he thoroughly enjoyed seeing the violence in his honour, it's the caliber of the people themselves that revolts him, they're not the kind rioters he wants for his brand.

Just like he says he'll be "right there with them" and then gets chauffeured off away as quickly as possible. We have him on tape to know he knew he was lying about how deadly Covid was, something that serious and he would lie about it. He's phony head to toe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

That speech was carefully scripted, obviously by someone else. He absolutely incited and inflamed the crowd. He used the word fight frequently and used militaristic and revolutionary language.
    Then throw in a final sentence as cover.
    He blatantly referred to this today. "Look at my last paragraph"
    It was calculated but not convincing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,170 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Lindsey must have left his phone unattended.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,789 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

Don't impeach as it will cause the terrorists to become violent again just let the terrorist's win and move on.

How is not impeaching Trump letting the terrorists win?

Trump will be gone in 7 days eitherways so there'll be no victory for those who stormed the Capitol.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement