Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,480 ✭✭✭francois

BattleCorp wrote: »
    How is not impeaching Trump letting the terrorists win?

Trump will be gone in 7 days eitherways so there'll be no victory for those who stormed the Capitol.

I think you miss the point. There are various nazi & white power terror groups who will be around regardless of Trump. They've been emboldened and (unless you think the FBI are lying) have threatened to violently protest 50 state capitals in the run up to the inauguration.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Samsonsmasher

Does anyone seriously think he was telling people to "take back their country" from an "illegitimate president" and to "fight like hell" or "you’re not going to have a country anymore" by standing around outside The Capitol and singing "Kumbaya"? Please :rolleyes:

Here's the rest of his own words:

They then went and stormed the capitol. In the middle of this, he released a video calling them Patriots and justifying what they were doing:

None of what he said was an incitement to a riot. He told them to behave peacefully and called on them to disperse peacefully.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

BattleCorp wrote: »
    How is not impeaching Trump letting the terrorists win?

Trump will be gone in 7 days eitherways so there'll be no victory for those who stormed the Capitol.

Because that's what Graham says - Don't impeach him , it'll only make his supporters angry again.

So , don't do the right thing because the nutters might rise up again.

Pandering of the highest order.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The writers really are throwing everything into the final season.

Insurrection and Impeachment in the space of a week.
    Wonder will they go out with a bang?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,421 ✭✭✭basillarkin

Don't impeach as it will cause the terrorists to become violent again just let the terrorist's win and move on.

https://twitter.com/LindseyGrahamSC/status/1349397976914010117?s=20

This guy doesn't know what way is up, he changes his mind so often, a really sneaky individual

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

None of what he said was an incitement to a riot. He told them to behave peacefully and called on them to disperse peacefully.

"- or your lying eyes?"

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭drogdub

The writers really are throwing everything into the final season.

Insurrection and Impeachment in the space of a week.
    Wonder will they go out with a bang?

There'll be two spin-off shows USA (United States of America) and USM (United States of 'Merica)

"- or your lying eyes?"

He told them in his speech at the Capitol to march peacefully and after rioting broke out condemned it and told them to disperse. It couldn't be clearer.

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

• Registered Users Posts: 60,722 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

drogdub wrote: »
    There'll be two spin-off shows USA (United States of America) and USM (United States of 'Merica)

The Broken States of America & The Real Gilead where Trump can have all the Handmaids.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Jim Jordan is lying at the moment on the House floor. Lost count of the number of lies he's told.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,699 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

He told them in his speech at the Capitol to march peacefully and after rioting broke out condemned it and told them to disperse. It couldn't be clearer.

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

Here's what he said in that speech, after those comments above. The second quote in the final 30 seconds of the speech.

Trump: 'We’re probably not going to be cheering so much for some of them because you’ll never take back our country with weakness.'

Trump: 'And we fight. We fight like Hell and if you don’t fight like Hell, you’re not going to have a country anymore.'

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Jim Jordan is lying at the moment on the House floor. Lost count of the number of lies he's told.

I had to wikipedia him to see if he was real.

And as part of that speech he justified their behaviour by ranting about election fraud and declared he loves them.. it was a half assed effort to end it. You only got discussions of unity and such the day after when the 25th and impeachment was raised.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,237 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

He also told them he was gonna march with them and he didn't so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

With a Hint, Hint, Wink, Wink, Nod, Nod. Say no more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

drogdub wrote: »

I wonder will the trump children do reality television?

Tiffany-Survivor
    Ivanka-The simple Life
    Eric-Jackass
    Don Jr.-Celebrity rehab

• Political statements on masks. Stay classy Republicans.

Political statements on masks. Stay classy Republicans.

Same lad has just said that 'the Democrats have won everything in sight and that calls for magnanimity, no vengeance'

Hypocrisy, thou name is McClintock.

Basically the Republicans objecting to the Impeachment are saying: "shur, he has only a week left, what harm?".

They don't want any accountability since their new found sense of "unity" that they discovered last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,291 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

On the other hand he also said to fight...

Our brightest days are before us, our greatest achievements still wait. I think one of our great achievements will be election security because nobody, until I came along, had any idea how corrupt our elections were. And again, most people would stand there at 9:00 in the evening and say, ‘I want to thank you very much,’ and they go off to some other life, but I said, ‘Something’s wrong here. Something’s really wrong. Can’t have happened.’ And we fight. We fight like Hell and if you don’t fight like Hell, you’re not going to have a country any more.

So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue, I love Pennsylvania Avenue, and we’re going to the Capitol and we’re going to try and give … The Democrats are hopeless. They’re never voting for anything, not even one vote. But we’re going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones, because the strong ones don’t need any of our help, we’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/1/11/full-transcript-donald-trump-january-6-incendiary-speech

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Trump seems to be the one paying the price for actions of others, not sure what standing that has in a court of law. If the speech on the day was so inciteful, surely it would have been called out for that at the time.

Words like '' fight'' and '' strength '' are used in politics daily. Telling people to go down there and '' cheer'' on those fighting for their cause in the capitol, is a long way from

'' go down there, hunt down Pence, hang him, and then kill the speaker of the house''

it's a far stretch from '' cheer on '' to what happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,236 ✭✭✭mcmoustache

If that was all he said, I could agree with you. He said a lot more than that thouhg.

Pompeo is a terrible bootlicker.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

I'm not sure who is worse - Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham or Jim Jordan. Surely three of the most despicable and cowardly politicians to ever hold public office.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Trump seems to be the one paying the price for actions of others, not sure what standing that has in a court of law. If the speech on the day was so inciteful, surely it would have been called out for that at the time.

Words like '' fight'' and '' strength '' are used in politics daily. Telling people to go down there and '' cheer'' on those fighting for their cause in the capitol, is a long way from

'' go down there, hunt down Pence, hang him, and then kill the speaker of the house''

Words like “illegitimate President” “We will never concede” and “massive voter fraud” aren’t used in politics all the time, along side repeated calls to “fight” etc. . Well, they are in places like Belarus and Libya, where you’re trying to overthrow a dictator by any means necessary.

Weird that when they’re used against a democratically chosen president-elect, and there’s a violent seditious response literally minutes later, some people have trouble connecting the two.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭What.Now

PropJoe10 wrote: »
    I'm not sure who is worse - Ted Cruz, Lindsey Graham or Jim Jordan. Surely three of the most despicable and cowardly politicians to ever hold public office.

I'd like to get a list from 1-100 of the most despicable. Those 3 would be in the top 5 anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,020 ✭✭✭✭briany

His speech was called out as incitement on the hour he gave it.

He stirred up the anger of a massive crowd of supporters with an egregious and utterly unfounded lie, and then told them to go down and gather at the Capitol building, where some of that mob then broke in and ransacked the place, but Trump is innocent of incitement?

Where were you last week? It was called out as he was speaking.

On the other hand he also said to fight...

Our brightest days are before us, our greatest achievements still wait. I think one of our great achievements will be election security because nobody, until I came along, had any idea how corrupt our elections were. And again, most people would stand there at 9:00 in the evening and say, ‘I want to thank you very much,’ and they go off to some other life, but I said, ‘Something’s wrong here. Something’s really wrong. Can’t have happened.’ And we fight. We fight like Hell and if you don’t fight like Hell, you’re not going to have a country any more.

So we’re going to, we’re going to walk down Pennsylvania Avenue, I love Pennsylvania Avenue, and we’re going to the Capitol and we’re going to try and give … The Democrats are hopeless. They’re never voting for anything, not even one vote. But we’re going to try and give our Republicans, the weak ones, because the strong ones don’t need any of our help, we’re going to try and give them the kind of pride and boldness that they need to take back our country.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2021/1/11/full-transcript-donald-trump-january-6-incendiary-speech

"Clinton carefully avoided inserting herself into the deliberations over how the party should move forward in the Trump era. But ahead of the vote, she published a video urging Democrats to “keep fighting”. “I’ll be right there with you every step of the way,” she said."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/mar/19/hillary-clinton-return-democrats-trump

Politicians never use "fight" or "fighting" as a metaphor?

You are really reaching aren't you?

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 12,341 ✭✭✭✭Faugheen

Where were you last week? It was called out as he was speaking.

He’s best ignored. He’s taking the piss at this stage.

Every single thing he raised in that post has already been addressed and he’s just ignoring it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement