Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

When it's not upheld in the Senate.

Clinton too was acquitted in Senate, he never actually was removed from office.
    Nixon resigned, he again wasn't removed from office . We'll have to wait to see if Trump is removed from office, but he'll be out of office by then, so some claim it has no standing to impeach a citizen.

Once again he has been impeached while president. Jesus wept, would you please educate yourself on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,479 ✭✭✭✭hotmail.com

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Only 4 presidential Impeachments in US history renders them a bit more than "meaningless".

They are merely bad publicity if it's not followed through with a conviction.

Impeachements likely to become more common now as the effect of them has been exposed as weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Half a million Iraqi lives versus 2 impeachments and you think it's a tie?

Covid deaths are probably over half a million if full figures were known.

And that's in 11 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

I can see Trump creating his own party, that's what will happen if republicans abandon him. He'll rip them apart, .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

So the democrats want their ' gottcha' moment and the Republicans, like rats fleeing a sinking ship, want people to heap all the anger/disgust on trump and not the party.

Trump is gonna leave the whitehouse with a big suitcase full off the countries secrets

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,388 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I can see Trump creating his own party, that's what will happen if republicans abandon him. He'll rip them apart, .

And himself in the process and most likely the country if he does do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

The twice impeached party?
    He'd be the only member.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,308 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

Half a million Iraqi lives versus 2 impeachments and you think it's a tie?

Ok if we're doing the body count, 400k dead from Covid and counting.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭JeffKenna

And that's in 11 months.

Lol I dislike Trump but to claim he created covid is as bad as anything he's come out with.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭LessOutragePlz

The MAGA party would be my guess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,666 ✭✭✭✭Frank Bullitt

He'll be lucky to get that far with all of the state lawsuits potentially waiting for him.

Likely get a fringe movement going, that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,731 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

He told them in his speech at the Capitol to march peacefully and after rioting broke out condemned it and told them to disperse. It couldn't be clearer.

"I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard."

Will judge Clarence Thomas help him out this time as successfully as last time?

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Nixon resigned, he again wasn't removed from office . We'll have to wait to see if Trump is removed from office, but he'll be out of office by then, so some claim it has no standing to impeach a citizen.

not my idea of winning. The only president to be impeached twice and lose the popular vote twice. A record that I doubt will be be broken. So much winning.

And that's in 11 months.

I suspect if the Iraqis weren't mainly brown people you wouldn't have the disrespect to compare them to the lives lost in a pandemic.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

namloc1980 wrote: »
    Ok if we're doing the body count, 400k dead from Covid and counting.

so by your logic is it Leo or Martin who has killed the 2400 people in ireland?

Daft comment

I suspect if the Iraqis weren't mainly brown people you wouldn't have the disrespect to compare them to the lives lost in a pandemic.

I dunno, I'd be wondering about the young ones these days.

Er... yeah... we know.

Save your snark for somebody who GAF.

But he has been impeached. He will now go to trial. Sure, he'll be out of office, but it will bar him from running again and the rid the GOP of him once and for all. Chuck Schumer will decide upon the process and timing.

He's also got plenty of post presidency legal troubles to contend with. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.....

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Was clinton impeached in your eyes?

No one cares even to this day. He's treated with the same respect as other former presidents. It was never upheld, so in that regard his impeachment meant nothing.

What does it actually mean if not upheld?>???

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

JJayoo wrote: »

Trump is gonna leave the whitehouse with a big suitcase full off the countries secrets

He doesn't know any secrets. If they had told him anything secret he'd have blurted it out in a tweet.

Remember that someone once told him that bleach killed covid on surfaces, so he then came up with the idea of injecting bleach and sticking UV lights inside people. They don't tell him anything they want to keep secret.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,040 ✭✭✭Smee_Again

I’m enjoying the attempts to downplay the significance and importance of impeachment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,316 ✭✭✭PropJoe10

You're quite entitled to your opinion on this, but you should really go and educate yourself on this process before posting here. Just some friendly advice for you. You are continuously wrong.

I don't think so. All his partners are running a mile from him. He is already losing his profile. He'll have trouble fundraising....his social media presence will be closely controlled. He'll fade out of the limelight and be forgotten other than for the few people who will follow whatever small right wing echo-chamber social media platform he will frequent

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

No one cares even to this day. He's treated with the same respect as other former presidents. It was never upheld, so in that regard his impeachment meant nothing.

What does it actually mean if not upheld?>???

That wasn't what I asked you.

In your eyes was Clinton impeached?

Save your snark for somebody who GAF.

Snark?
    You constantly snipe from the sidelines at others opinions.

Gets tedious when you have nothing of worth to add.

JJayoo wrote: »
    so by your logic is it Leo or Martin who has killed the 2400 people in ireland?

Daft comment

Trump likes to take credit for the vaccine, for the stock market, etc. It's only fair that he takes responsibility for everything, not just the good stuff.

robinph wrote: »
    He doesn't know any secrets. If they had told him anything secret he'd have blurted it out in a tweet.

Remember that someone once told him that bleach killed covid on surfaces, so he then came up with the idea of injecting bleach and sticking UV lights inside people. They don't tell him anything they want to keep secret.

and for him to have any secrets you would have to assume he was paying attention to what somebody else was saying.

Smee_Again wrote: »
    I’m enjoying the attempts to downplay the significance and importance of impeachment.

Im enjoying how people are doing the opposite. A few Republicans voting for the impeachement is apparently historic.

I don't think so. All his partners are running a mile from him. He is already losing his profile. He'll have trouble fundraising....his social media presence will be closely controlled. He'll fade out of the limelight and be forgotten other than for the few people who will follow whatever small right wing echo-chamber social media platform he will frequent

In a way it's probably a blessing that this happened as it'll sideline him and his family from politics for good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Im enjoying how people are doing the opposite. A few Republicans voting for the impeachement is apparently historic.

Because it is, you just don't understand why.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement