Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Real Donald Trump

Trump 2024

• Registered Users Posts: 83,491 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Trump is being a HUGE crybaby about Rudy now:

“Trump has instructed aides not to pay Giuliani’s legal fees, two officials said, and has demanded that he personally approve any reimbursements for the expenses Giuliani incurred while traveling on the president’s behalf to challenge election results in key states. They said Trump has privately expressed concern with some of Giuliani’s moves and did not appreciate a demand from Giuliani for $20,000 a day in fees for his work attempting to overturn the election.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/trump-isolated-impeachment/2021/01/13/0595675a-55b6-11eb-a931-5b162d0d033d_story.html

Lads I don’t think Rudy is getting a pardon :pac: the irony is so delicious though.
    Trump 2024

“Me 2024” surely?

Faugheen wrote: »
    Oh look the resident racist is back giving out about black people calling a white supremacist what he is.

Are you accusing me of being a racist?

As the father of a child "of colour" I'd like you to apologise immediately.

That's disgusting.

I have an issue with people using race as a stick to beat people with.

Are you accusing me of being a racist?

As the father of a child "of colour" I'd like you to apologise immediately.

That's disgusting.

I have an issue with people using race as a stick to beat people with.

That’s right, everyone knows people of color cannot be racist.

Overheal wrote: »
    That’s right, everyone knows people of color cannot be racist.

Oh they can. I am not.

I was accused of being the "resident racist".

I would like a retraction and an apology.

I am not a racist.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭briany

Trump has acted disgracefully. That doesn't mean that race baiting arseholes aren't acting disgustingly too.

You can condemn Trump and condemn race baiting without equivocation or comparison between them.

Oh they can. I am not.

I was accused of being the "resident racist".

I am not a racist.

Are you adopted? How does that work

briany wrote: »
    You can condemn Trump and condemn race baiting without equivocation or comparison between them.

+1 since I can’t thank it twice.

And I do.

I do take offence at being called "resident racist" for doing so.

I can brush off many insults, but I won't be called a racist.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Are you adopted? How does that work

You don't know how a white father could have a coloured child?
    Back to school time I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

What site do you think this this, OANN or NewsMaxx?

What site do you think this this, OANN or NewsMaxx?

Fair point. I'd just like a baseless accusation of being a racist to be taken back.

It's really not fair or honest.

I admit my call was a little formal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,259 ✭✭✭Buford T Justice

Fair point. I'd just like a baseless accusation of being a racist to be taken back.

It's really not fair or honest.

I admit my call was a little formal.

Report it.

Mellor wrote: »
    You don't know how a white father could have a coloured child?
    Back to school time I think

Back to bed time I think. Mea culpa I was thinking about that completely backwards. Sorry Dunne

• Registered Users Posts: 33,496 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

DubInMeath wrote: »
    It hurts his brand which he cares about.

If criminally convicted, and he was to try and write or talk about the events surrounding it and makes any money from doing so, I think the son of sam style laws in various states would also leave him open to civil suits or any profits handed over to the government in some cases as part of plea bargains.

He's got to find a publisher first - and I don't think he'll be able to afford to vanity publish once the tax guys are through with him and his businesses have tanked.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,016 ✭✭✭✭briany

The move to impeach Trump, and the subsequent address of a more conciliatory tone than normal gives me some degree of hope that his cough has been softened and he'll keep quiet in the coming days.

The move to impeach Trump, and the subsequent address of a more conciliatory tone than normal gives me some degree of hope that his cough has been softened and he'll keep quiet in the coming days.

Yea no. He will go out in Trump style. I still fully expect a wave of obscene pardons not related to the article of impeachment

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Snapchat has banned Trump, don't know why....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭newhouse87

Yea no. He will go out in Trump style. I still fully expect a wave of obscene pardons not related to the article of impeachment

my moneys on joe exotic.

• Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭nolivesmatter

I don't understand why someone as selfish as him is motivated to pardon anyone.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,698 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

I'd say his kids were in his ear saying he was going to lose his Presidential perks, and see his business alienated massively were he to continue in the same vein.

It probably will be used by Republicans to justify their voting not to convict him in the impeachment trial.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

What's very noticeable is the style where he uses a teleprompter for what he is being given something to say vs his own real thoughts. So the conciliatory tone is obviously looking very fake.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Trump 2024

if you're posting here because you can't get twitter to work I have some bad news for you

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Back to bed time I think. Mea culpa I was thinking about that completely backwards. Sorry Dunne
    No worries dude. I can see the mix up now.
    Was just going for the the joke tbh

The son of John Adams (easily my favorite founder, who warned us of the death spiral of the two party system) President John Quincy Adams, said, “I hold myself, so long as I have the breath of life in my body, amenable to impeachment by this House for everything I did during the time I held any public office.”

https://twitter.com/asfleischman/status/1349552857259913217?s=21

In 1876 the same contemptible year as the Tilden/Hayes race, Secretary of War William Belknap was impeached after he left office: upon being outed for accepting monetary emoluments (bribes) in exchange for contracts, Belknap ran over to the White House to resign, thinking that he could escape impeachment’s consequences. The Congress didn’t see it this way, and they impeached him anyway, despite not quite getting the 2/3rds of the Senate to convict him (imagine that, partisan politics)

https://www.washingtonpost.com/history/2021/01/13/impeachment-blount-belknap-trump/

Just keep this in mind as the rhetoric pivots to whether a Senate trial is moot or unconstitutional or unprecedented. It appears to be neither of the 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I'd love it to be true... Trump is well known to default on payments and sooner or later Trump will throw you under a bus.

But this sounds too good be true. Rudy is one of the people can't afford to lose right now, surely?

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1349533536848633858

• Registered Users Posts: 60,720 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Rudy needs Trump more than Trump needs Rudy.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭Cody montana

I'd love it to be true... Trump is well known to default on payments and sooner or later Trump will throw you under a bus.

But this sounds too good be true. Rudy is one of the people can't afford to lose right now, surely?

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/1349533536848633858

It’s trump, so it’s definitely true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Rudy needs Trump more than Trump needs Rudy.
    True. And if Trump sees Rudy as a failure then he'll definitely turn on him, but I would have thought Rudy has too much on Trump to risk getting tossed aside.

Maybe Trump really just can't afford to pay him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,158 ✭✭✭frag420

Trump 2024

Would be beautiful if that was his prisoner number...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement