Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,801 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

True. And if Trump sees Rudy as a failure then he'll definitely turn on him, but I would have thought Rudy has too much on Trump to risk getting tossed aside.

Maybe Trump really just can't afford to pay him.

I'm a firm believer someone should be paid what they are worth, so.....

• Registered Users Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Tony EH

The wealthiest author in the world is J K Rowling at 1 billion, so you expect him to outdo everyone from Stephen King to her. But he can't even write a grammatically correct tweet. :D

Yeh, but like his previous book(s), Trump won't be writing this one either. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

everlast75 wrote: »
    I'm a firm believer someone should be paid what they are worth, so.....

That said, the level of legal expertise portrayed by Rudy puts him in the 'no win no fee' lawyer. If my solicitor alleged that there was fraud but then couldn't produce any in court, I'd consider what fee should be paid

duploelabs wrote: »
    That said, the level of legal expertise portrayed by Rudy puts him in the 'no win no fee' lawyer. If my solicitor alleged that there was fraud but then couldn't produce any in court, I'd consider what fee should be paid

I was making a joke that the quality of legal service Rudy provided meant that not paying him sounded about right....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

everlast75 wrote: »
    I was making a joke that the quality of legal service Rudy provided meant that not paying him sounded about right....

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 40,236 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

briany wrote: »
    The move to impeach Trump, and the subsequent address of a more conciliatory tone than normal gives me some degree of hope that his cough has been softened and he'll keep quiet in the coming days.

Or

He will instantly regret being forced by his staff to make that statement and go full bat shít for the next 6 days once someone explains to him the significance of what actually is happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,427 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

Excuse me? This isn't black people being "uppity" (quite racist).

It's people using identity politics where it's not warranted

Again, what exactly was the birther thing other than identity politics on steroids? That was Trumps genesis, the beginning of his appeal to conspiracy theorists, the start of his journey that ultimately led to his deification in the QaNon cult

• Registered Users Posts: 3,479 ✭✭✭francois

Boggles wrote: »
    Or

He will instantly regret being forced by his staff to make that statement and go full bat shít for the next 6 days once someone explains to him the significance of what actually is happening.

His stilted, scripted address last night suggests the Trump crime family have been telling him to stfu and stop the division, as they see their business empire crumbling in a hail of boycotts and lawsuits.
    Too late for a damascene conversion though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭Lewis_Benson

francois wrote: »
    His stilted, scripted address last night suggests the Trump crime family have been telling him to stfu and stop the division, as they see their business empire crumbling in a hail of boycotts and lawsuits.

He is such a ****ing dickhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

francois wrote: »
    He has no access now to a platform that will allow him to ramble on. He can try use the White House channel as his personal YouTube, but I expect with 6 days to go most staff are suddenly emboldened (read: not afraid of being fired) and will refuse to do what he wants or be conveniently unavailable. Twitter and social media gave him access to post whatever he wanted without interference.

Calling press conferences or releasing videos on the WH channel doesn't allow that.

I expect in the next few days we'll get some bizarre scenario where he releases a "personal" video ranting about the impeachment that's relayed via LiveLeak or RT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

Probably best to drop the Lincoln Project..

https://twitter.com/ScottMStedman/status/1349544576671838209?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

Who should drop the Lincoln project?

Abraham Lincoln.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

I only came across them here when their tweets were being shared..

Scott is a great reporter and I expect he has vetted this story before publishing it.

Anyone, Democrat, Republican or ex Republican should feel the full weight of the law if they are guilty of what is alleged here.

I expect the Lincoln project will take whatever steps are appropriate pending any investigation by law enforcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I don't understand why someone as selfish as him is motivated to pardon anyone.

The majority of his pardons to date have been Republican politicians, advisors, donors or activists who were convicted of various fraud or obstruction of justice offences. They're part of a pattern that aim to show that Republicans, and by extension himself, are unjustly targeted for political purposes by an ideologically hostile and corrupt justice system. It's part of his tactic of self preservation, where he constantly claims that any accusation against him is part of a wider "deep state" conspiracy against true conservatives.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,418 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

duploelabs wrote: »
    He follows his clients instruction. If Trump wanted to cry fraud, what’s Rudy supposed to do if no evidence exists? He’s a lawyer not a magician.

Trump has turned him into a political spin doctor and spoofer and he’s best know as mayor of NYC. But prior to politics, his legal career was the complete opposite of this shambles.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

The majority of his pardons to date have been Republican politicians, advisors, donors or activists who were convicted of various fraud or obstruction of justice offences. They're part of a pattern that aim to show that Republicans, and by extension himself, are unjustly targeted for political purposes by an ideologically hostile and corrupt justice system. It's part of his tactic of self preservation, where he constantly claims that any accusation against him is part of a wider "deep state" conspiracy against true conservatives.

to be fair some of those he pardoned/commuted were working on donalds behalf. It was self-preservation on trumps part.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

So in Trumps video last night he's using the No True Scotsman defence several times to claim that he had nothing to do with inciting the mob to go and smash up the Capitol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

• Registered Users Posts: 40,467 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Well yeh Trump is not a true scotsman :P

yeah he is only half scottish.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,261 ✭✭✭yagan

I haven't seen any reaction yet from his faithful to his denouncement of their patriotic storming of the capital. I guess the net literally tightening makes it harder but I'd imagine there's a lot of confused racists out there in the Trump heartlands wondering if the flyboy from NY has shafted them.

Trump may yet be in most danger from his most vociferous followers.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,998 ✭✭✭✭Stark

They'll probably just tell themselves he was coerced.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,656 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

yagan wrote: »
    I haven't seen any reaction yet from his faithful to his denouncement of their patriotic storming of the capital. I guess the net literally tightening makes it harder but I'd imagine there's a lot of confused racists out there in the Trump heartlands wondering if the flyboy from NY has shafted them.

one poor guy took his own life

robinph wrote: »
    So in Trumps video last night he's using the No True Scotsman defence several times to claim that he had nothing to do with inciting the mob to go and smash up the Capitol:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/No_true_Scotsman

I just read that and watched the video. In true Donny fashion, it wasn't even cryptic at all. He literally says "No true supporter of mine would ever endorse violence". Hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,028 ✭✭✭Christy42

yagan wrote: »

Sure isn't he being forced into this by all the betrayals and even Julius fell when betrayed by all those around him.

The Donald knows all and one must never doubt the Donald. For he is the greatest and should be called Daddy and be hyper sexualised by men who are also extremely homophobic at the same time. It is a confusing cult though I guess most are.

And anyway all violence was driven by Antifa never mind that they were openly planning this and dreaming of the day the "ammo box" would be the way to fix this and they could drop "commies" from helicopters. This did not break thou shalt not kill religious rules cos commies are not people.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,090 ✭✭✭jill_valentine

Some of the guys he pardoned -
    fellow platoon members told of a ruthless leader who stabbed the [injured and sedated teenage] captive to death for no reason then forced his troops to pose for a photograph with the corpse
    navy detectives laid out other allegations against Gallagher, including shooting a schoolgirl and elderly man from a sniper’s roost

- were at best just to Own The Libs and delight racists, but at worst intended to signal what he considers acceptable action on his behalf; that there will be no long consequences, it's fine.

He described the man above as a "great warrior" "against the deep state".

Stark wrote: »
    They'll probably just tell themselves he was coerced.
    His whole slock has always been to never back down. Even after the insurrection he still told them he loved them.

Last nights message was a complete disowning of them motivated no doubt by his concern for his business interests.

Regardless of their ardour his words must still wound. There was a quote about the problem with the establishment was they took him seriously but not literally, whereas his supporters took him literally but not seriously.

• Advertisement

Christy42 wrote: »

And anyway all violence was driven by Antifa never mind that they were openly planning this and dreaming of the day the "ammo box" would be the way to fix this and they could drop "commies" from helicopters. This did not break thou shalt not kill religious rules cos commies are not people.
    The thing while he'll never concede defeat and blame everyone else, he is now also alienating the followers who went the whole distance by his urging.

It is the most cutting of betrayals to be lined up the same as antifa.

In one week Donny has told his insurrectionists that they're good people and that he loves them but now they're not patriots and are actually enemies of the nation.

Donny's priority now is to protect his brand and to do that he has to turn on those he most inspired. I can't see forbearance from his loyalists for his betrayal lasting long.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement