Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 984 ✭✭✭gutenberg

Apologies if this has been posted already: Trump & Guiliani have fallen out in the past week, the Guardian (via Washington Post) reports:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/14/trump-refusing-to-pay-rudy-giuliani-legal-fees-after-falling-out

The report says the falling out has increased the president’s sense of isolation and abandonment since the events of 6 January. And of course, it also calls into question whether Giuliani will receive a pardon.

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Real Life

namloc1980 wrote: »
    I see the true MAGA believers online reckon Trump is still going to be inaugurated on the 20th January. They are claiming Trump is going to make an address to the world no less and all the Democrats including Joe Biden and Mike Pence will be arrested on live TV at the inauguration after which Trump will be sworn in. Batshit crazy stuff.

Crazy that these people are allowed go about their life without carers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

Overheal wrote: »
    Trump is being a HUGE crybaby about Rudy now:

“Trump has instructed aides not to pay Giuliani’s legal fees, two officials said, and has demanded that he personally approve any reimbursements for the expenses Giuliani incurred while traveling on the president’s behalf to challenge election results in key states.

This sums up Trump.
    Rudy is no use now, time to stiff him.
    Same as he stiffed all those contractors and anyone else that did some work for him.
    Only out for himself and no-one else matters.

• If Trump is anything in his character traits, he is predictable.

I doubt he'd even be loyal to his own kids if it came to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭briany

stoneill wrote: »
    This sums up Trump.
    Same as he stiffed all those contractors and anyone else that did some work for him.

If only Trump had a personal history chock full of this kind of behaviour so we all could have seen this coming.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

The reports are that Trump has been told by his advisors that he can't pardon himself because it would open him to massive civil cases. As Trump only thinks of himself his attitude will likely be: if there's no pardon for me, then there's no pardon for anyone else.

That's definitely part of it , but it's also the fact that if he isn't personally pardoned any of his inner circle that get a pardon are instant witnesses in any future cases against him. If he doesn't pardon them, then they can hide behind the 5th amendment.

He'll definitely throw out a few weird ones over the next few days that's for sure.

But the chances of there being pardons for anyone named Trump, Kushner, Meadows or Guiliani are slim to none at this stage.

If Trump is anything in his character traits, he is predictable.

"Eric, our private plane is going down. You're no longer my son. You're ballast."

• Registered Users Posts: 11,147 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

IMO, in four minutes Tom McClintock (Ca) sums up the sorry state of affairs in the US at the moment and what is to come. The only honesty since the 6th. The very people who contradict such an obvious statement act in bad faith.

https://twitter.com/willchamberlain/status/1349462585226231811

Very difficult to take anyone seriously when they are wearing a mask that has written on it 'this mask is useless'.

Also, you can't get any more bad faith than trying to blame BLM for the actions of these white terrorists. Absolute nonsense to claim they weren't held accountable for their actions over the summer when you compare the treatment of those protesters by the police and the soft touch policing last week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,072 ✭✭✭joseywhales

If he had the ability to steal years of his own children's life, he would.

Edit: he can do tv though, I'll give him that.

The one satisfying thing about all of this is his golden streak, he has now failed at everything he has tried to do in his life. Cant build, can't manage assets, cant be president.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,701 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

He just torched any future political careers they might have been considering as well as putting the Trump brand name in the dirt.

There is a sense of schedenfraude about the whole thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Politics Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 15,619 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quin_Dub

briany wrote: »
    "Eric, our private plane is going down. You're no longer my son. You're ballast."

He's definitely that character from the Action movie , the Rich Executive that uses women and children as human shields when the bad guy he paid turns against him.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,491 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

stoneill wrote: »
    This sums up Trump.

It’s fundamentally stupid though. As soon as he leaves office he’s under indictment. It’s a guarantee at this point. E Jean Carrol is coming for his DNA sample too.

He just signaled to every attorney in the country that he will stiff their payment, too. So the likelihood of one of these big firms who didn’t sign on to fight his election conspiracies for him will certainly not be back to fight for him in a criminal court proceeding. And he doesn’t have the money to pay up front. He’s snookering himself. He will only get folks like Alan Dershowitz who do it for their own infamy.

IMO, in four minutes Tom McClintock (Ca) sums up the sorry state of affairs in the US at the moment and what is to come. The only honesty since the 6th. The very people who contradict such an obvious statement act in bad faith.

Cherry-Picker-Fruit-Picking-340x340.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 56,356 ✭✭✭✭walshb

gutenberg wrote: »
    Apologies if this has been posted already: Trump & Guiliani have fallen out in the past week, the Guardian (via Washington Post) reports:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/jan/14/trump-refusing-to-pay-rudy-giuliani-legal-fees-after-falling-out

The report says the falling out has increased the president’s sense of isolation and abandonment since the events of 6 January. And of course, it also calls into question whether Giuliani will receive a pardon.

Rudy has come out of the all this as as bad, if not worse than Trump...

• Registered Users Posts: 83,491 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

• Registered Users Posts: 9,032 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

walshb wrote: »

That hair dye must be covering him head to toe at this stage.

image.jpg

That hair dye must be covering him head to toe at this stage.

image.jpg

Well, he's got a lot to sweat about.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

walshb wrote: »

His legacy was always a bit undeserved according those who knew him well, but that wasn't the case for the general populace.

I'm not sure I've seen someone destroy what seemed like such a good legacy so quickly and so pointlessly. Absolute moron.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,982 ✭✭✭MeMen2_MoRi_

"Passion never governs wisely" no truer words..

Let's not forgot the passions that were on display that day, from the president, his son, his personal lawyer, the GOP Rep... Whiping up the crowd in front of them and sending them on their way to trump's political enemies at the Capitol that were stealing the election from him/them..

• Registered Users Posts: 15,663 ✭✭✭✭Leroy42

What did you think was the core message and was it all truth?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,701 ✭✭✭✭Tell me how

Absolute nonsense.

He must have stopped listening to Trumps speech after the first few minutes.
    So much for the Republicans being the party of 'Law and Order' with a supposed love for the constitution and the flag.

They want to let someone off with inciting a mob to interrupt Congress from carrying out their constitutional duties while some of this mob removed the American Flag from the Capitol and replaced it with the Flag of the insurrectionist.

And the icing on the cake of hypocrisy, many of these people who spent the last year bleating about Blue Lives Matter, attacked several police officers at the Capitol resulting in the death of one of them.

I laughed with this clown gave the speech in the first place, I laughed again now watching it.
    And as for you, saying it is the only honesty since the 6th? Are you for real?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,801 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

They love their Game of Thrones fantasies

Absolute nonsense.

He must have stopped listening to Trumps speech after the first few minutes.
    So much for the Republicans being the party of 'Law and Order' with a supposed love for the constitution and the flag.

They want to let someone off with inciting a mob to interrupt Congress from carrying out their constitutional duties while some of this mob removed the American Flag from the Capitol and replaced it with the Flag of the insurrectionist.

And the icing on the cake of hypocrisy, many of these people who spent the last year bleating about Blue Lives Matter, attacked several police officers at the Capitol resulting in the death of one of them.

I laughed with this clown gave the speech in the first place, I laughed again now watching it.
    And as for you, saying it is the only honesty since the 6th? Are you for real?

Leaving aside the accusation of incitement where his supporters will always remind everyone that Trump did use the word, 'peacefully', Trump did tell a mob of supporters to go down, gather at Capitol hill as a way to encourage those inside to overturn an election that he insists was rigged, even though no credible evidence of this has been found. That, by itself, is seismic. He wanted to subvert a democratic election.

And before anyone chimes in with, "Yes, but the Democrats and Trump and Russia!"...

No.

A) Hillary Clinton conceded the day following election night. I'm sure she was sick, but she did concede. How long did it take Trump, again?

B) She didn't lead an angry mob of her supporters down to the Capitol building, hoping this could get those inside to overturn the result.

C) The Russia investigation produced a lot of evidence of Russian interference and the arrests of several people who worked for Trump. What's the 'stolen election' legal battle produced besides utter humiliation for Trump's legal teams?

So, the two are in no way comparable. Trump's behaviour has been absolutely and especially disgraceful these last 2 and a bit months, and those defending it don't really have a leg to stand on.

everlast75 wrote: »

I know that if I was planning to arrest my political opponents, I probably wouldn't be happy if my plan to do so leaked out days in advance. Thanks, conspiracy nuts.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,935 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Amirani wrote: »
    His legacy was always a bit undeserved according those who knew him well, but that wasn't the case for the general populace.

I'm not sure I've seen someone destroy what seemed like such a good legacy so quickly and so pointlessly. Absolute moron.

If you asked me half a year ago what I knew about the man, I'd have said he was well regarded as having been a good mayor of New York when 9/11 happened. Now he's made himself one of the foremost Trump apologists.

Such a waste of a legacy.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

If you asked me half a year ago what I knew about the man, I'd have said he was well regarded as having been a good mayor of New York when 9/11 happened. Now he's made himself one of the foremost Trump apologists.

Such a waste of a legacy.
    I mean other than the fact that he may be potentially slightly off his rocker; one would have to ask the question "why?"... why would he do this for Trump, who historically I didn't even think he liked or respected.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,935 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I mean other than the fact that he may be potentially slightly off his rocker; one would have to ask the question "why?"... why would he do this for Trump, who historically I didn't even think he liked or respected.

John Oliver did a bit on him in 2018:

Been a while since I watched it but I remember it being... enlightening. Surely, all he had to do was to retire and just collect his pension and speaker's fees and his legacy would be secure.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

I think with a lot of these enablers it is purely self serving and trying to remain relevant. They are just as vain and conceited.

Donald Trump like him or loathe him has pretty much been the centre of the universe for the past 4 years- some people love that and want to be around it. A huge band wagon and everyone wants on.

Plus he probably is off his rocker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,663 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

The reports are that Trump has been told by his advisors that he can't pardon himself because it would open him to massive civil cases. As Trump only thinks of himself his attitude will likely be: if there's no pardon for me, then there's no pardon for anyone else.

Id be shocked if there is no pardons for Kushner and Trumps two sons, he often sends them to do dirty work. iirc Eric was deposed in New York back in October as part of a fraud investigation so there might be charges forthcoming.

Otherwise I was wondering will we be seeing the return of this next Wednesday?

55b659f3371d22ce178b9c91?width=700

Wiki says it was used for private hire but has been in storage since 2019 unused and that one of the Rolls Royce engines was removed but theres no recent updates if it is back on the plane. He was also trying to sell one of his helicopters last October.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement