Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trump v Biden 2020,The insurrection (pt 6) Read OP

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,260 ✭✭✭yagan

you mean the one where you described the attack as "opportunistic at best"? that post? I'll ask again, why do you continue to downplay what happened? what is your agenda?
    I'm taking a guess but I reckon most people don't realise how close the USA came to a bloodbath at the capital and it was a president refusing to accept democracy that assembled them to oppose the capital.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,466 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I am down playing it because in my eye they are fringe lunatics- nothing more and nothing less. They will be dealt with through the Court system- severely I hope.

They were nothing more than mob of dangerous misfits and losers. All this hot air and melodrama about a 'coup' and a 'putsch' and 'insurrection' is just that IMO.

Personally I have no interest in giving these mob lunatics more credibility than they deserve- they deserve and warrant no credibilty. They need to be kept under a rock and watched.

Let's be clear- their actions must be taken very seriously and dealt with as harshly as possible but let's not get carried away by legitimising them.

so you are just going to ignore the planning they put in? you still think it was just opportunistic at best?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,452 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

I am down playing it because in my eye they are fringe lunatics- nothing more and nothing less. They will be dealt with through the Court system- severely I hope.

They were nothing more than mob of dangerous misfits and losers. All this hot air and melodrama about a 'coup' and a 'putsch' and 'insurrection' is just that IMO.

Personally I have no interest in giving these mob lunatics more credibility than they deserve- they deserve and warrant no credibilty. They need to be kept under a rock and watched.

Let's be clear- their actions must be taken very seriously and dealt with as harshly as possible but let's not get carried away by legitimising them.

I don't think labelling them as coordinated terrorism as a merit or Credible, the latter has been already demonstrated to you from multiple sources by multiple posters.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,203 ✭✭✭partyguinness

you mean the one where you described the attack as "opportunistic at best"? that post? I'll ask again, why do you continue to downplay what happened? what is your agenda?

At least have the good grace to quote me in full:-

"It was opportunistic at best and at worst a portion of the crowd came 'prepared' and looking for and hoping for trouble."

It seems you stopped reading after "opportunistic at best" or you are failing to understand what that means.

I am down playing it because in my eye they are fringe lunatics- nothing more and nothing less. .

They were core Trump voters invited to Washington and assembled by Trump outside the White House to protest against democracy.

• Advertisement

yagan wrote: »
    I'm taking a guess but I reckon most people don't realise how close the USA came to a bloodbath at the capital and it was a president refusing to accept democracy that assembled them to oppose the capital.

when somebody has been presented with the evidence and they choose to ignore it then there is something else going on.

when somebody has been presented with the evidence and they choose to ignore it then there is something else going on.
    Some people simply have a hard accepting that they've been suckered.

It's why Utah has the highest rate of affinity fraud.

Overheal wrote: »
    To be clear though, “6MWE” is vastly worse than trying to downplay or dispute the numbers.
    I don't even want to google that, what is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 860 ✭✭✭one armed dwarf

My best guess is it's standing for '6 million wasn't enough'

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

6 million wasnt enough

Ie Hitler didn't go far enough killing the Jews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭Christy42

6 million wasn't enough referring to the number of Jews killed by Hitler.

And some deny there is a nazi problem in the US...

Ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,022 ✭✭✭Christy42

"It was opportunistic at best and at worst a portion of the crowd came 'prepared' and looking for and hoping for trouble."

It seems you stopped reading after "opportunistic at best" or you are failing to understand what that means.

Except we have flat out ruled out opportunistic. These were prepped and planned terrorists. Therefore they were not opportunistic at best.

At this point I am amazed I haven't seen someone arguing this was a mob of lone wolves who happened to be in the same place.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,397 ✭✭✭✭FreudianSlippers

A nazi abbreviation that means “6 Million Wasn't Enough”

Far-right are so dumb they can't even decide whether the Holocaust was fake or whether it wasn't real enough.

So lad, here we have a bunch of clowns in cosplay for the day with a half arsed attempt at a 'coup' and a 'putsch' and 'insurrection' depening on your take. Right.

Now this is the capital of the US. The US has the world's most advanced military at its disposal. Heavily armed police and National Guard a phone call away. Just step back and think about that for a few moments.

Lesson 101- If you are really setting out to start a coup or insurrection, at the very least make sure the military is on your side.

Answer me this: what stopped the mob? Why did it not turn into a blood bath?

So they gained entry in the Capitol...then what? Nothing.

They had nothing. They stormed the building and that was it. They had had the craic posed for pictures and smiles all round. Hilariously, they just dispered and went home before the curfew kicked in. That was some coup attempt alright lads..

A bunch of clowns in cosplay.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,024 ✭✭✭✭Baggly

Mod

Kermit.de.frog's threadban lifted after discussion via PM.

So lad, here we have a bunch of clowns in cosplay for the day with a half arsed attempt at a 'coup' and a 'putsch' and 'insurrection' depening on your take. Right.

Now this is the capital of the US. The US has the world's most advanced military at its disposal. Heavily armed police and National Guard a phone call away. Just step back and think about that for a few moments.

Lesson 101- If you are really setting out to start a coup or insurrection, at the very least make sure the military is on your side.

They had nothing. They stormed the building and that was it. They had had the craic posed for pictures and smiles all round. Hilariously, they just dispered and went home before the curfew kicked in. That was some coup attempt alright lads..

you can repeat that as often as you want but it will never stop being complete nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

I think i get what you mean but all it takes is a relatively small number to engage in the acts and a large number to give support ,either verbally or by their silence (refusal to condemn)
    I would say at the height of the troubles there were only a few hundred active members of the IRA but they were able to launch a 30 year campaign.

There were definitely part of the crowd that came prepared for violence, the fact that they gained entry, relatively easy, to an empty chamber we'll never know the extent they were willing to to go.

There were absolutely knuckle draggers tagging along but i would not underestimate the danger posed by these people.

That combined with the easy availablity of sophisticated weaponry, I would hate to be in charge of Biden's security detail.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

So you just missed all the videos of them coming up against the cops after the curfew and fights with them?

And a load of them battering the head of a cop during a barricade when tey tried to push them back.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,474 ✭✭✭HBC08

BattleCorp wrote: »
    Trump got 46.8% of the vote. That's not far short of half of America voting for him. Are they all nuts?

He'd get less than that if the election was tomorrow.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Did you miss the bits about extra security being requested, but denied, in advance? Or that the orders to request the National Guard during the events were variously denied, delayed or refused?

Or Trump calling the rioters lovely people during the event rather that telling them to leave, and also repeating that they were correct to be rioting because of the vote being stolen and again telling them how much he loved them.

Or Trump calling up members of Congress during the riot and trying to pursuade them to vote against the certification? The only call he should have been making at that time is to whoeve was in charge of the national guards and asking where the **** their people were and to get there several hours ago.

you can repeat that as often as you want but it will never stop being complete nonsense.

Which part? Any chance you might be more specific or is that too much at ask for.

Which part? Any chance you might be more specific or is that too much at ask for.

Your whole schtick

The preemptive reconaissance? The ripping out of panic alarms? The carrying of cable ties?

That all doesn't strike you as premeditated and coordinated?

robinph wrote: »
    Did you miss the bits about extra security being requested, but denied, in advance? Or that the orders to request the National Guard during the events were variously denied, delayed or refused?

Or Trump calling the rioters lovely people during the event rather that telling them to leave, and also repeating that they were correct to be rioting because of the vote being stolen and again telling them how much he loved them.

Or Trump calling up members of Congress during the riot and trying to pursuade them to vote against the certification? The only call he should have been making at that time is to whoeve was in charge of the national guards and asking where the **** their people were and to get there several hours ago.

And? That is all public knowledge and not in dispute.

What I am pointing out that all this hot air and pearl clutching about a 'coup/putsch/insurrection' is completely overblowing the situation. It was a pretty poor attempt.

You want to call that a coup/putsch/insurrection, fine. Let's be generous and call it the worst coup/insurrection attempt in recent memory.

Lads, it's a wind up.

Your whole schtick

so too much to ask for then.

You have already proven yourself completely incapable of dealing with specifics so off with you.

What next? Your father is better than my father..

• Registered Users Posts: 33,990 ✭✭✭✭listermint

You have already proven yourself completely incapable of dealing with specifics so off with you.

What next? Your father is better than my father..

But you've provided zero evidence and thus reasoning for your assertion.

Other than America has a big military and greatest democracy on earth yeehaww Sthick therefore it couldn't happen....

Terrible effort.

• Advertisement

It seems that to call someone a terrorist, they have to have a different skin colour or worship a different god. Especially ironic considering we're on an Irish website

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement